Hard Luck P.I.

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Over there," Leaha broke his observations by nodding to a corner table near the bar, "he looks interested. He keeps looking over here, lets join him." She led him across the floor to a table where a muscular black man sat. In the gloom all Grant could see at first was the bright gleam of teeth, but as they go closer he saw him better. He seemed to be wearing only a pair of black leather pants and thick boots.

"You know what you're doing right?" he asked her. She either didn't hear or ignored it.

"May we join you?" Leaha asked coyly. He nodded and pulled out a chair next to him. Smiling she sat in it, still holding Grant's leash. He noticed how uncomfortable he was that she sat so close to him. Now is not the time for feelings, he reminded himself. He continued to stand.

"Sit." she commanded him and he took the tall chair across from them.

"He seems to listen well." their companion commented, his voice with a trace of an accent.

"He's learning." she shot Grant a quick wink. Grant did his best to ignore the twittering between Leaha and her new friend as he scanned the room for any signs of McCreevy. After a couple minutes of not finding him, he decided that he was already behind the big door. He turned his attention back to his own table. He couldn't hear their conversation over the loud music but was feeling more and more uncomfortable. Their ebony companion was leaning close as she had a hand on his muscled arm, they talked close to each other. Occasionally Leaha would giggle then look over at Grant. He wasn't quite sure what to make of it, but he hoped she was working on getting them through the door, he was antsy to find the lawyer. Finally she nodded then stood. Their new friend walked over to him as she jerked on his leash to get him to stand as well.

"He's okay with this?" he asked Leaha, but looked at Grant.

"He knows his place." she replied. With another grin their companion led the way to the big door. "He'll get us in," she said in Grant's ear.

"Then what?" he hissed back.

"Ever had a black man before?" She asked, amused.

"Not funny," he grumbled as they got to the door. One of the bouncers had the door cracked open, when Leaha turned to her new friend.

"I left something at the table, could you grab it for me real quick?" She gave her best smile to convince him. He turned to go back and Leaha slipped behind the door, pulling a stumbling submissive behind her.

Ahead of them was an old wooden staircase, the white paint peeling and worn away from the footsteps of countless nights. The music was nothing but a dull thud behind him, the sudden silence and solitude was unnerving at first.

"You do know what you're doing, right?" Grant said quietly.

"Will you stop asking that? Yes. Now we just need to find him." The went up the staircase, which seemed needlessly long and steep. At the top everything seemed different. They stood in a hallway that led either left or right. The walls looked like some sort of corrugated plastic. Clean and sterile in a non-hospital sort of way. Once in awhile there would be a door and a window. The hallway ended in a sharp corners. There was just a hint of noise from downstairs but Grant was picking up other sounds, some sharp and others more subtle. Thoughts of Sodom and Gomorrah pranced through his head.

"We should probably split up," Grant suggested, "we may not have time to search together. Depends on how long he plans on staying."

"A good idea, but this place can be a maze. Last time I was here I got lost." Leaha said inching her way to the closest window.

"How many times have you been here?" he asked amused.

"Um..just once." She seemed momentarily engrossed in whatever she was viewing through the window. He sidled up to her and started at what he saw. Beyond the window was a darkened room in it kneeled a woman. Her head and hands were sticking out of wooden stocks, as if she was being punished in some puritan village. Difference was she was buck naked and being smacked by another woman in leather. Puritans didn't have nylon whips, from what he could remember. A black woman stood near the head of the locked up woman. At least Grant thought she was a woman, nice body, round breasts; but she was feeding her cock to the woman.

Both Leaha and Grant stepped back.

"Um..."Grant started,

"This is where you go when you want to do things like that." she told him.

"You could have warned me." he hissed at her.

"And miss that look on your face, never. C'mon open up a little. Put your mask on." She slipped her feathered one over her eyes.

"Why the windows?" Grant asked as he put his in place.

"Some people get off knowing that someone could see. Place like this, if you are in here, you're guilty. So no one has much to hide. They can close the blinds if they want, some do some don't. Okay, I'm going this way, good luck." and she sped off towards the left. Hoo boy, Grant thought, this just gets weirder and weirder the deeper I get.

He tried to keep his bearings as he went but as he hit the third hallway, he was not only amazed at how large the place was but also a little lost. He had passed numerous shuddered windows. Each one he pressed an ear to the door to see if he could catch voices. One all he heard was an insane giggling, another someone was wishing to insulted. He tried not to stare in the open windows, but sometimes couldn't help it. There were a few empty rooms but not many. In one a man was shackled to the wall facing it, while a large woman pounded the hell out of him with a large wooden paddle. Another one he saw a man just lying on the ground while a young woman sat on his face. He watched as she occasionally wiggled her butt, Grant wasn't sure how the guy could even breath, unless she was breathing for them both. The next one contained a young lady dressed like some Raggedy Ann school girl from hell. In a desk dressed in an old school boys uniform was a muscular man licking her shiny rubber, impossibly long, heels that was digging into his shoulder.

Despite all the strange perversion around him, he had to admit the air of the entire place was making him slightly aroused. As if this was the one safe place to empty out your darkest desires here and live them out. He never considered himself terribly adventurous in bed, but just skulking around in here was making him think more and more of Leaha and possibly taking a room, if they couldn't find McCreevy. Grant hoped she was having more luck than he was.

She wasn't. Most of the rooms her way either seemed empty or they closed their windows. Ears to the door didn't really help, a lot of moaning, some slaps, a few giggles, one demanding that the ‘Senator just stand and hold his vote.'. Once she passed a tall blond man who wore a very expensive tuxedo and dark sunglasses. He flashed a winning smile at her, checked her up and down. She smiled politely at him and looked back at him as he passed her, his expensive tuxedo pants had no ass. His muscular cheeks bounced as he walked, she suppressed a giggle. Continuing on, with what windows she could look in she saw the same sort of slap and tickle Grant had seen. A couple gave her pause, one had a tall dark haired woman who had features she could only dream of having. She was long and slender, face had great angles, eyes seemed to be violet. An older man, but very handsome she noted, had her standing against the wall. There was a small table next to him. On it were a collection of small beautiful knives. Leaha's breath caught as the man slid the flat of one across the flesh of the woman's stomach. She shuddered but didn't move. He did this a few times across her small breasts and her thighs, careful not to turn the blade against the flesh. Then he looked in her eyes, kissed her gingerly on the lips and turned the knife. His motion was no different than before but Leaha was caught by surprise. The woman's eyes caught hers, conveyed a look of magnificent pleasure. Leaha looked down and a trickle of blood traveling down her leg, the slice was thin and even Leaha could tell it was a cut that would leave no mark if tended to properly.

She decided to move on. The scene, the atmosphere was making her aroused. Focusing on her task she was stopped again at the next window. The room was furnished like a workroom of some sort. Wooden benches and what looked like tools. In the center were two men. One was tall and skinny, but muscular. The other was only a bit shorter than the other, but obviously gym club member. His heavily muscular arms were wrapped around the other man. They embraced as if letting go would make them disappear. They looked in each other's eyes then their lips met. There was a ferocious passion there, a desperate need for each other. Hands rubbed and grabbed at the backs and thighs of the other. One ran his fingers through the others black hair then gently pushed down. The skinny one slid down, kissing his way to the others erect cock. It's size was formidable, but his lips wrapped around it. Leaha could feel the sigh of the larger man. Then he looked over and saw her watching. Face suddenly burning she quickly left, her breathing harder than she expected. She swallowed hard, wishing to get this over with. She put her ear to one last door. It only took a second, but she knew her bosses voice anywhere. This was better than McCreevy. She needed to get Grant.

She sped around the corner only to nearly run into him. His face was red and tried to stammer an apology. Looking over she saw what he was staring at. In the darkened room were two women entwined amongst a pile of sheets and blankets of various colors. One was a long blond, a large tattoo vine traveling up her back. The other was a shorter curvy redhead. Their soft lips kissed and sucked at each others neck, hands kneading the flesh of the other. The blond began sucking at her companions large breast as her ass was grabbed. After a moment the redhead suddenly took a handful of hair and yanked her lover's head up and kissed her deep then flipped her over on her back.

"C'mon." Leaha finally said, breaking the spell. That's it, she decided, as soon as we get out of here, I'm fucking his brains out. This is too much. "I found Garner. He's in one of the rooms. This way." She grabbed his leash and gave it a yank to get him going. He followed, wishing this thing that she dressed him in wasn't so tight around the crotch. He followed her, watching her curves carefully as they moved in her costume. Paying more attention to her than where he was going he almost ran into her as she suddenly stopped. "Shit." she murmured.

"What?" He looked around her, a door was open. "That where he was?"

"Yeah, looks like he left, if we hurry..."she started only to be interrupted by a deep voice.

"Come in Leaha, please. Bring your friend." They hesitated, looking at each other through their masks. "Please. Come." the voice insisted. That voice belonged to Garner. A thought flashed passed between them. Run. The very, very muscular bouncer who appeared behind them changed their minds. Reluctantly they entered the open door.

The room they entered wasn't very big. About twelve feet long, less than that wide. It was dimly lit from a single bulb above, the dark blue crushed velvet on the walls seemed to suck up the light. It was occupied by McCreevy who stood in a far corner, looking pathetic. Against the left wall was Garner. He was sitting comfortably, in his lap was a mane of jet black hair bobbing up and down. She was wearing a gauzy jade green robe that pooled around her. His expression showed no hint of her ministrations. The large bouncer stepped in and closed the door behind him. Grant and Leaha took places along the wall opposite them.

"Take off those silly masks." Garner said in his deep voice. Reluctantly they removed them. "Mr. Willows, you are more resourceful than I gave you credit for. I figured you would be in police custody by now. Just as well I suppose, I have a use for you." he turned his attention to Leaha, "Although I am surprised to see you here. This day is nothing but surprises." Grant noticed McCreevy trying his best not to stare at the young lady in Garners lap and the work she was performing. Grant found it a little distracting as well.

"Why are the police so interested in me." Grant asked hoping to play an innocent card and get some information. Garner gave him a small smile.

"Don't bullshit a bullshitter. You know very well that Detective Halloran set that up to keep you out of the way. She figured out early on that you are fairly sharp and decided that with you out from under foot then things might go smoother."

"What is going on?" Leaha interrupted.

"I'm sure you know enough to speculate, why don't you enlighten me." He placed a careful hand on the moving head in his lap, she worked diligently and quietly, and he still gave no indications. Leaha and Grant looked at each other, both wondering how much to tell. Grant decided that there was little to gain from hiding anything at this point.

"Detective Halloran is working for you, I know that much. And there is a good chance that your wife isn't dead, that she staged her death to leave. Her lawyer," Grant glanced over at the nervous McCreevy, "is in on it somehow. But something went wrong at the meeting point. The thugs your wife used to get the supplies needed to stage it got greedy."

"Very good." Garner gave them a small applause. "She did stage her own death, her and that idiot boyfriend of hers. But what would she have gained from it, that you haven't mentioned."

This time Leaha spoke, "She probably could have gotten a good chunk in a divorce. Unless, of course, you wouldn't divorce her or she had been siphoning off money and had more than you would have settled for." As she spoke he gently tapped his companion on the shoulder, she rose up and turned around. She was an tall attractive Asian, her face was thin and expressionless atop her slender body. She straddled Garner's lap and guided him into her, neither registering it. Once inside she carefully leaned down until her head and arms rested on the ground. Just visible under her robe was a the twin mounds of her ass slowly moving up and down. "Other wise," Leaha struggled to continue, "why would she have left? Seemed a little desperate."

"True. You two seem to know a lot." He turned his attention to Grant. "How much of this has your partner Roland told you?" This wasn't a question he was expecting, but if Roland was involved it would explain his sudden departure.

"Nothing. Last I saw of him, he dropped me off at my apartment. Didn't say anything about this." Garner eyed him for a moment. "I'm gong to assume you still don't know where your wife is." Grant boldly ventured.

Garner cracked a smile. "Hell of a detective. I don't, but Roland does. You see, he was in on the whole thing. Somehow, for a fee I assume, he agreed to help Eva and her boytoy stage this scene then make sure they disappear. And he did well, up to a point." He let the point hang. Leaha spoke first.

"Up to a point? Did he forget something? Do you have an idea where they are?"

"He didn't forget anything. In fact he is still missing, as is Eva. Anthony, on the other hand, has been found. Seems she stranded him sometime this afternoon."

"Roland is not one you just run off with," Grant added trying his best to continue ignoring the fact people were having sex in front of him. "But he's not one to shake off easily. Not when it comes to money. I know the guy, he's instantly annoying. And greedy."

"I figured as much. He is either still useful to her or she shook him and he's following to get his take. Either way I would be very interested in where he might be. I'll wager that if I can find him, I'll be able to track down my wife.

"So here is my deal for you. I wish to hire you to find my wife. In order to do that you need to find Roland first. If you take the case, I'll get the police off your back and pay expenses."

After a moment, Grant nodded his head, "Okay, fair enough."

"Good," Garner smiled, then looked at Leaha, "and you can help him. You seem to be more useful helping him than behind a desk. Tomorrow, there will be an envelope at the office it will contain some things you will need to know and money for traveling expenses. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some other business to attend to." He turned to a very nervous looking McCreevy. The bouncer opened the door to let them out. Just as Grant was leaving he looked over his shoulder at Garner who had his head back slightly. The head of his cock was just visible between the girls cheeks, rivulets of cum rolling down it. Grant shook his head and left.

They arrived back at Leaha's apartment without incident and conversation. It had been a long strange day for the both of them. When they stepped into her apartment Grant realized just how tired he was, only a few hours of sleep had finally caught up with him. He collapsed onto her comfortable couch, his brain sluggishly trying to make sense of what Garner had told them so he had some sort of idea where to go next. Leaha went into the bedroom to put on something more comfortable. When she came out in a long t-shirt and thin robe she saw Grant asleep, still in his outfit. She stood there and smiled, he looked cute in his tight pants and leather straps, all passed out and peaceful on her couch. It didn't help that her horniness any, but she figured he had earned the rest. When she returned with blankets and pillows for him she gently touched his shoulder and he woke up enough for her to take off his leather contraption and put a pillow under his head. She shut off the light and crawled into her own bed.

Sleep didn't come immediately despite her fatigue. Her mind swirled with differing thoughts and images and emotions. All the odd things she saw in the club danced in front of her, though she was pretty opened minded to it, it was different when you saw it up close. She hoped Grant had some leads in the morning. And that lead her to the other conflict, her feelings for Grant. Sure most of what she felt for him was physical, it always had been. But she did like him, he was a really nice guy, maybe a little shy but always seemed fun. Images of his naked torso lying on her couch flitted through her mind as she fell asleep.

Grant could smell breakfast before he was fully awake. Eggs and biscuits filled his groggy head before he opened his eyes. When he did he had to make a quick assessment of where he was, why he was there, and what he had done to get there. Leaha sauntered in from the kitchen and saw him laying there slightly confused.

"Your case with Garner, the Cat O'Nine Tails club, and you passed out on my couch. Does that help any?" she smiled at him.

"Yeah, a little. Smells good." he said sitting up.

"You can cook yours when I'm done with mine." he looked at her for a moment then she started laughing. "I'm joking, I'll be done soon." And she went back to her cooking. Blearily he went about trying to get dressed and wake up. She handed him a steaming cup of coffee and went back to the kitchen. He watched her standing at the stove in a long t-shirt and pajama pants with flying Mighty Mouses on them. He sipped his coffee and thought of how attractive she was, even in her pj's.

"Pretty interesting night, huh?" she asked as they sat around her coffee table and ate.

"To say the least. You never did tell me about your first visit into the VIP?" Grant asked over a forkful of eggs. She blushed slightly.

"You're right, I didn't." she said and looked right back at him. After a moment's eye contact, he just shrugged. "Do you have any ideas where your boss might be? Where to at least start?"

"Not yet. He wasn't one to open up a lot. But I'm sure there has got to be something he told me or that I've run across that will give me some clue." To be honest he was a little worried because he wasn't sure he knew where to start. Roland was damned tight lipped about anything that pertained to himself. They finished eating and Leaha got up to get dressed. Grant sat on the couch and thought, letting his mind wander over everything. Again he ran the last couple of days through his head, none of the events seemed to lead to their next step. Unless there was something small, insignificant he was missing. He started once more, running through events when he remembered something. The matchbook Halloran picked up from the crime scene. She put it in her pocket. Not in an evidence bag or giving it to the scene investigators.