Hard Times

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hang on, Kat. I'll be right back."

I went up to the attic and found a box of my old clothes, I hoped I'd find something in her size and nice to wear.

After searching a couple other boxes, I found a pleated skirt that looked like it would work, and a cute sweater to match.

"How's this look?" I asked when I walked back into my room.

She sprung up off the bed and smiled, "Are they your clothes?"

"They used to be. Now, why don't you take a shower, get dressed, and come downstairs for some breakfast. We're going to be having Mom's famous breakfast casserole, then we'll start getting side dishes and desserts ready. You'll be helping us."

She smiled and hugged me.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

*****

After breakfast, we were prepping the side dishes, so they were ready to pop into the ovens or onto the stove, when all the activity in the kitchen stopped.

"Good morning," Aiden said, standing in the doorway. "I'm Aiden."

He said it looking directly at Martina. I looked at her and she looked like a tiger in heat.

"Aiden, good morning," Mom chirped. "Let me introduce you to my family."

As mom made the introductions, I noticed his handshake with Martina lasted longer than it should have.

I got jealous and stormed out, saying, "I need to get ready."

I was in the middle of throwing dresses out of my closet, trying to find the perfect one, when Kat walked into my room.

"Whatcha doin'?" she asked after sitting on my bed.

"I can't find a decent dress to wear for the party."

"For the party or for my brother?"

My head spun around, and she laughed.

"I see the way you look at him. It's obvious you like him, and now, it's obvious to everybody else. I know I'm just a kid, but even I could tell you looked pretty upset when he went all goo-goo eyed over Martina in there."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Right. Wear the purple one; it's his favorite color," she said pointing at the floor.

I picked it up and hung it on my closet door.

"He doesn't like a lot of makeup, so don't think you have to overdo it."

"I'm not dressing to impress your brother, Kat."

She smiled, "Of course, not. It's a holiday and you want to look nice for the party. I get it."

She stood and said, "I'll leave and let you get ready, but there's just one more thing."

"What's that?"

"Whenever he brought girlfriends over before, he was always touching them and they him. Rubbing their back, holding their hand when they sat, slight touches on their arms. He's a touchy-feely guy."

"Thanks, for the tips," I smiled.

"I'm rooting for you."

She giggled as she skipped out of my room.

After showering, I blew out my hair trying to add a little more volume, and I put on a minimal amount of makeup and thought I was being silly. I never wore a lot of makeup anyway, there was no reason for me to worry about whether I overdid it or not.

I grabbed a bottle of the expensive French perfume that was apparently a custom blend Mom had made for me and sprayed myself carefully. I certainly didn't want to smell like a French whore bathed in perfume.

It was a light, spicy scent, and I loved it. I hoped he loved it too.

*****

"Well, look who got all gussied up," Korrie teased.

I glared at her and she realized she stepped in something.

"You just look pretty, Cassidy. Relax and put the claws away."

I didn't see Martina in the kitchen, and after making sure they didn't need help at that moment, I made my way around the house to see if I could find Aiden to offer him a drink.

I found him in the den, watching the football pregame show.

"Hi, Aiden. Can I get you something to drink?"

He looked at me and his eyes bugged out. I knew I snared him.

"Um, yeah, uh, Coke or Pepsi please?"

"We have both, which would you like?" I asked after I walked over to him and pushed his stray hair behind his ear.

It may have been a bit much, but I wasn't going to let my cousin snag him away from me.

I rested my hand on his shoulder, and he said, "Pepsi, please."

"Are you hungry? Did you have some breakfast?" I asked.

"No, I wondered what the deal was with it or if I slept through it."

"Mom made her famous sausage gravy egg casserole. I'll fix you a plate if you like."

"Yeah, thanks," he smiled.

I squeezed his shoulder and said, "Save me a spot, I'll be right back."

After scooping out a healthy portion for him and a smaller one for me, I grabbed two Pepsi out of the fridge and made my way back to the den.

By then, my dad was sitting in the recliner, and Martina was on the large couch pouting.

I sat on the love seat beside him and handed him his plate and drink.

"Hi, Dad," I said as he read the news on his phone. He always read the news in the morning.

"Morning, sweetie. Is breakfast ready, then? I was afraid to go into the kitchen. You know how your mom gets when us non-chefs get in her way."

"Yep, it's safe right now," I said as I "accidentally" brushed the back of my hand against Aiden's leg. I think he was too busy eating to notice though. Besides that, the lady on the football show was showing a lot of leg. He seemed entranced with her, and I wondered if he was a leg man.

I crossed my legs and smiled when I saw him glance down, trying to hide his attention.

"So, Cassidy, are you dating anyone?" Martina asked.

"No, but I've met someone who I'd like to see a lot more of."

"Is he coming today?" she asked cattily.

"Yep," I said and winked at Aiden.

Game, set, and match, bitch.

Aiden smiled and forked some more eggs into his mouth.

My dad's parents walked into the room, so I introduced them to Aiden, and Grandma went off to the kitchen, while Grandpa sat on the couch next to Martina.

"Hello, darlin'," he talk-sang as if everyone knew that old song and it was funny to everyone.

"Hi, Mister Jackson. It's nice to see you again," she said with her full charm voice.

"It's better to be seen than viewed," he joked. His funeral joke with the twenty-year-olds fell flat as expected. "Who do you like in the games today, Aiden? I haven't placed my wagers yet."

Aiden sat up and said, "I'd go with the Bears to cover the 9 points. I like the Giants laying the six against Dallas, and I think the Ravens squeak it out tonight."

"Really?" Grandpa said. "The Bears to cover against Detroit, huh? That's going out on a limb."

"Yeah, but the Lions secondary is vulnerable and the Bears' quarterback has a lot of speed."

"Are you a gambler, Aiden?" he asked.

"No, I don't have the money to gamble. My dad used to, and he did pretty well. I always watched the pregame shows with him, and he'd tell me who he was, 'investing' in. I kind of have a knack for statistics and analysis. In fact, when I was in school, I was a broadcasting major. I wanted to get into sports TV."

Grandpa chuckled and said, "I call it investing too. Your dad sounds like a man of my own taste."

"He died in an accident a few years ago," said Aiden, sadly.

"I'm sorry to hear that."

Grandpa pulled out his phone and tapped some buttons.

"There, all set. I made your plays and parlayed the three games too. Whatever I win, I'll split with ya for making the picks."

"Oh, I don't want your money, Sir."

"Don't worry about it. I don't think those Bears will cover anyway," he laughed and continued, "Cassidy, could you see if your dad has any of my beers left in the garage?"

"He bought a case just for you, Grandpa."

"I knew I raised that boy right."

We all laughed, and I went to get him his Old Style.

*****

Just before the first game started, the doorbell rang, and my dad rushed to answer it. We all knew something was up then because he never got excited about the doorbell, and never got up to answer it.

"Everyone, this is my friend, John Morris. John, you know my dad and daughter, and that's Fairleigh's niece Martina, and that's Cassidy's friend, Aiden."

"Hi, everyone," John said with his baritone voice that cut through my body like whisper from Adonis himself.

John was a sexy older man, and I'm not ashamed to confess to fantasizing about him a time or two hundred over the years.

"Hi, John. Nice to see you again," I said, and as everyone said their greetings, Korrie walked in with a plate of appetizers.

"Oh, Korrie," Dad said with a wide grin, "this is my friend, John. John, that's Fairleigh's sister, Korrie."

John took one look at my vixen of an aunt and turned his charm up to ten. All of the women were vibrating when it was on six, for Christ's sake. My aunt had no chance.

"Hello, Korrie," he said taking her hand then kissing it. "You look stunning."

She did look good in a well-fitting dress that enhanced her curves and showed enough cleavage to keep John's attention.

"Oh, this old thing?" she giggled. "It's lovely to meet you, John. Maybe, you can lie to me some more later."

He smiled, and I swear she melted right before our eyes.

"I'd love to get to know you better, Korrie. I'm sure we can find somewhere private to talk for a bit."

He finally let go of her hand and she handed the plate of lil' smokies in barbecue sauce and in crescent rolls to my father. I snickered when she almost walked into the door jamb as she walked away still looking into John's eyes.

Aiden asked, "What did we just see there?"

"Horny old people, Aiden. Horny old people."

"I'd better go help her," Martina said, getting up. "If someone doesn't watch her, she'll bring all the appetizers to wherever you are, John."

We all laughed, and I think she had some extra sway in her ass when she walked out of the room.

Dad said, "Well, was I lying?"

John smiled and sat in Martina's vacated seat, "No, she's definitely as beautiful as you described."

"Great job, Dad," I teased. "You made a love connection."

"Hey," John fake groaned, "us old folks need love too."

"Or just a good rumble in the sheets," Grandpa deadpanned.

"Grandpa!" I shrieked. He just shrugged as the rest of the room laughed.

A few minutes after the game started, Mom's father walked into the room.

"Hi, everyone. Cassidy, get your skinny butt out of my seat and get me a Johnny Walker Blue. You know how I like it."

"Yeah, Grandpa, I know. On the rocks, hold the ice."

"Atta girl," he said and gave me a big hug.

I walked into the kitchen to check on Kat, but that wasn't necessary as she had a bright smile on her face cutting potatoes into quarters. That was usually my job, and I was glad she took it over.

"Everything all right in the boys' room?" Mom asked. Aunt Korrie's face was flushed, so I could only assume I interrupted a conversation about John.

"Yeah, I'm just getting Grandpa his scotch."

"How's Aiden doing?" Kat asked.

"He's doing well and making friends with everyone. He even helped my Grandpa make bets. It was quite something to behold."

"That's nice," Mom said, looking tired.

I saw the sweat beading on her forehead as she handed me a platter of meatballs. "Can you bring this in there? Your brothers finally got out of bed and should be down any minute. You know how they love my meatballs."

It was a running joke about how much they loved her meatballs ever since they were six and ate the entire platter before anyone could get to them.

I got Grandpa's scotch, grabbed my other Grandpa a beer, and grabbed Aiden a Pepsi. It was tough to carry it all, but I managed.

When I walked in the room, my brothers grabbed the meatballs out of my hand, then I passed out the drinks.

Dad said, "You didn't bring me a drink?"

"You know where you keep everything," I said with a smile and walked out of the room.

I was a bit salty that I lost my seat next to Aiden, but at least Martina wasn't sitting with him.

*****

Mom asked me to help set the tables and I was quickly irritated. I lost my opportunity to sit with Aiden as Martina and Aunt Korrie sat on either side of him. One of my grandmothers sat across from him.

My brothers and Kat made up the kid's table and the boys were busy trying to look cool, while she looked at them with adoration. I made a metal note to watch how that developed if she stayed in our lives over the forthcoming years.

Once everything was set, I took my seat between John and the other one of my grandmothers. I noticed John lean over and whisper into Korrie's ear a few times and her giggle and blush let me know exactly what that was all about. Good on them.

Grandpa was four scotches in and asked Aiden, "So, you kids are homeless, huh?"

Mom groaned at her father, and Grandma gave him the don't be a drunk asshole glare.

Aiden swallowed and said, "It's probably more accurate to call us runaways, even though I'm an adult. We have a home but choose to not live there for certain reasons."

Mom deftly changed the subject by asking, "Who won the first game?"

"Detroit by six," my other grandpa smiled. "Aiden made us over two hundred bucks so far on that call."

I thought Aiden was about to choke. He managed to say, "Two hundred?"

"Yep, and a hundo of that is yours, I'll square up with you after we eat."

I smiled and nodded when Aiden gave me the "is his serious" look.

After that, dinner talk was the usual stuff. A few arguments over politics, John's hand stroking Aunt Korrie's thigh, and then my mom shocked us all.

"I'm going to record a Christmas song with Jimmy Mace," she blurted out.

The room went silent. Even my brothers stopped chewing upon hearing that news.

"Are you serious?" I asked, then looked over at my dad.

"Don't look at me. We've already discussed it, and I encouraged her."

"Are you coming out of retirement?" Aunt Korrie asked.

"Lord, no. Jimmy was asked to do a Christmas single for charity, and he asked me to do 'Baby, It's Cold Outside' with him. He thought having me sing on it will help raise more money for the kids with cancer."

"It's going to be a smash hit," Dad said with a smile.

You could have knocked me over with a feather. I never thought I'd see the day when my dad wanted my mom to go back into the music world.

For the first few years after she retired, she was offered millions of dollars to sing on other stars' songs or to do a Vegas concert run. I remember once, a sheik from the Middle East offered her ten million dollars to sing at his daughter's wedding. She turned them all down and made sure to tell Dad about every one of them, so he didn't think she was hiding anything.

I always thought she told him in case he wanted her to take some of those millions, but he never did. He didn't care about money, and mom had plenty of it anyway.

"Why now?" I asked.

"I'm a lot more comfortable with my belief that Fairleigh is going to stay retired."

Mom nodded in agreement.

"Besides, it's Jimmy," he added with a smile.

I smiled too. I knew how much my dad liked Jimmy after meeting and befriending him all those years ago. Every year for Christmas, Jimmy sends him a box of Cuban cigars and says he knew they'd make it. Jimmy once told my dad when dad had doubts about rekindling his relationship with Fairleigh, that he was rooting for him and hoped I'd get to call her mom someday.

"When's this happening?" Aunt Korrie asked.

Her glassy eyes were not hiding the enjoyment John's hand squeezing her thigh was giving her. I shuddered at the thought that he could make her feel like that just from squeezing her thigh. Jesus.

"I'm leaving on Monday to record my part in Nashville. I'll only be gone a day or two."

After everyone was finished, the men made their way to the den to watch the second football game, and the ladies made their way to the kitchen to help with cleanup and leftovers sorting. Mom was adamant that everyone took home leftovers, and we had enough food to feed an army.

I escaped to use the bathroom and I heard noises coming from a guest bedroom. The door was ajar, so I peeked in and saw Aunt Korrie bent over a chair with her dress around her hips and John pounding her from behind with a massive dick.

"Jesus," I whispered and watched as he slammed into her gushing pussy. He had to be nine inches long and was thicker than anything I could've ever taken.

"Oh, John, fuck me harder, you God damned stud," she cried.

I watched as the fifty-plus year-old sex god pulled her into his pistoning hips. The slaps of their flesh sounded so sexy, and I felt my panties getting damp from the show.

"Your pussy was made for my cock, Korrie. You feel so good, I never want to stop."

She threw her head back and covered her mouth with her hand, stifling the scream her orgasm caused.

"Oh, my God," I thought as he pulled out, and she spun around falling to her knees.

Her hand was a blur as she stroked his long shaft, while his large head was encased between her lips. Her cheeks were puckered as if she was sucking him for all he was worth.

"I'm there," he groaned, and she moaned as he released his load into her willing mouth.

I pulled the door closed and backed away quietly. I tip-toed to the bathroom and shut the door.

"Holy shit!" my mind screamed as I pulled my sticky panties down. I was so hot, I felt like I could have cum in seconds, but I didn't want to get caught coming out of the bathroom as they left the bedroom, so I resisted the temptation to pleasure myself.

After washing my hands, I cracked open the bathroom door to see if the cost was clear. It wasn't.

John leaned against the wall with his arms folded across his chest. The smile on his face unnerved me.

"Enjoy the show?" he asked.

"What show," I asked and fully opened the door.

"I saw you in the mirror. Don't worry, your aunt didn't see and I'm not going to tell anyone. I just wanted to bust your tits for watching. Did it turn you on seeing her do those things?"

"That's inappropriate."

He laughed, "No more so than your watching us. Besides, you're an adult now. A beautiful one with a hot body, I might add."

I rolled my eyes, "Don't be a perv, John."

"Oh, you know I'm messing with you, kiddo. You're not my type. I like 'em thicker, babe."

I walked away to the sound of his laughter. I swear, if he'd have pulled me into one of those bedrooms, I might have let him have me. I shook off those thoughts and headed back downstairs.

*****

After everyone left, I grabbed a piece of pumpkin pie and headed to the basement to relax and watch a Christmas Rom-Com. I was surprised to see Aiden sitting in the dimly lit silence alone.

"May I join you?" I asked.

I startled him and he jumped a bit.

"Sure, it's your house."

"It's my parents' house. I have a condo by the library where we met."

He indicated for me to sit on the couch opposite from him, but I sat next to him instead.

"Want some pie? I put extra whipped cream on it."

I cut a piece and offered to feed it to him. He smiled and accepted the bite, letting his lips linger on the fork as I slowly pulled it out of his mouth, never breaking eye contact.

"So, you like me?" he asked with a shy smile.

"I don't know, you've got some good qualities, I guess."

He snorted a laugh and said, "I'm homeless, not blind."

"No, you're more like an outlaw who's on the run from the sheriff."

"I kinda think that's worse, don't you?"

"We'll see what happens when the lawyers sort through it all. Are you trying to say you're not looking for a girl by your side while you're on the run?"

"Martina offered herself up for the position."

"Forget her."

I took a bite of pie and I'm sure I pouted.

"She's not my type."

"What's your type?" I quietly asked.

He shrugged and turned towards me, "You are, to be honest."

"Oh no, lie to me."

We laughed and I fed him another piece of our pie.

"Cassidy, I have nothing to offer you. I'm a college dropout, hiding from the police, and caring for my little sister who ran away from home. I'm looking at jailtime, I'm sure."