Hard Times - Diplomacy Check Ch. 01

Story Info
Amelia's bath is interrupted by a curious female intruder.
4.2k words
4.51
8.9k
9
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Princess Amelia von Heiden trudged up the dry riverbed. Strands of red-orange hair fell into her face, which she blew away with a huff. Her plate armor weighed her down, and her long, padded skirt caught on every thorny plant in her path. She sighed. This was not how she had planned on traveling.

"Princess," Harper called from yards behind Amelia, out of breath. "Slow down."

A rock dared to bar Amelia's progress. She stopped and kicked it aside before peering over her shoulder. "Someone has to keep us on track since some idiot decided to lose our wagon and horses."

"Don't blame me," Jonas snapped. A pack large enough for two sagged off his broad shoulders, yet his pace remained crisp. "You're the one who wanted to take a shortcut."

"You agreed with me, mister grand survivalist." Amelia smirked and stared into Jonas' icy blue eyes, waiting.

"Only because you wouldn't give it a rest." Jonas shook his head, and his disheveled golden locks flipped this way and that. "I'm not the one with the willpower of a gnat."

Tiny Harper stormed up beside Jonas, brown eyes ablaze, and smacked his maroon brigandine armor. "Jonas, do not speak to the princess in that manner."

"Harper," Jonas stopped and turned his frustrated attention from Amelia, "I know you're just doing your job and trying to keep the peace, but I've known Amelia for decades. She needs someone to call her out sometimes."

Amelia snorted. "Call me out? We wouldn't have needed a shortcut if you didn't try to chase after that elf girl." She planted her left hand on her hip and raised the right, palm up. "Who, might I add, was clearly uninterested."

Sighing, Jonas rolled his gaze back to Amelia. "And what were you doing during that time again?"

"Nothing that delayed us." Pleasant memories filled Amelia's head. She shuddered but drew herself up and stood tall. "I may have my vices, but I try not to let them get in the way of duty."

"Bullshit." Rage flared in Jonas' voice, and he brushed past Harper toward Amelia. "Every time we stop in any kind of city, we lose you for days."

Amelia lifted her chin and turned her head to the side, eyeing Jonas down her nose. "Maybe you should put more effort into protecting your princess."

"You—"

"Quit it," Harper said, stepping between the two. "Both of you. We are all tired." She straightened her wrinkled and dirty indigo travel clothes over chainmail. "Let's focus on moving forward."

Amelia smiled at Jonas before spinning around and continuing their trek. "So, how long until we reach that town?"

"We should reach it before nightfall." Brush several yards behind Amelia rustled as Jonas followed her. "Would be easier if we didn't lose my maps."

"We'll get there. As long as you can keep up." Not content to give Jonas a break, Amelia picked up her pace, reclaiming her commanding lead.

The rest of the afternoon's journey went on without incident. However, it grew rather dull and tiring. Each hill they crested, Amelia hoped to see signs of civilization in the distance, and each time she was disappointed. Thirst and hunger took to the forefront of her thoughts.

Amelia struggled to the top of a larger than average rise and rested a hand against the trunk of a massive oak tree. The sun hung low, forcing her to squint. Through the pervasive lighting, she spotted the walls of a settlement. Relief washed over her. Soon, they could rest in comfort.

Leaves crunched behind Amelia, and she straightened her back and shoulders. "That town is about another half-mile out."

"Good." Jonas' breaths came shallow and quick, much to Amelia's amusement. "Only problem is we don't have any gold to rent a room at an inn or get anything we need to continue this little venture."

"I'm sure they won't refuse a princess," Amelia said, grinning.

Harper came up behind, chains jingling at her waist. "Maybe if we were in our own lands, princess," she sucked in a sharp breath and flipped her shoulder-length brown hair to one side, "but I doubt the people here would care much for your lineage."

"That's not exactly what she means, Harper." Jonas glared at Amelia, which only broadened her grin.

"Oh." Realization came over Harper's face, and her eyes widened, and jaw dropped. "Oh. I would advise against that, princess."

Amelia waved away Harper's advice and distaste. "We'll see. Maybe we'll get lucky and someone will help us out of the kindness of their heart."

"Someone's getting lucky," Jonas said, contempt clear in his words and on his scowling face.

Raising her arms over her head, Amelia stretched and twisted until several of her vertebrae cracked. "Shall we go, then?"

As they approached the town, they encountered more life. Bands of tattooed, twig-like elves marched out of town, heading east. Amelia had seen the Sereti before, they were a sect of normal wood elves, yet their stilted appearance threw her off. She increased her pace.

The shouts and hollers of busy streets filled Amelia's ears as she and her entourage entered the walls. People hawked their wares, carried cargo, or lounged around. Mostly humans ran the town, but a small assortment of squat dwarves, broad orcs, and wispy theenes were sprinkled throughout the crowds.

Amelia was impressed. Small towns, especially those so deep inside the Veninian borders, were all too often occupied by a single race. While she herself also came from a majority human kingdom, sights like this stood out. In a good way.

A quaint wooden sign with a large ale mug carved into it caught Amelia's eye. She banked left toward the tavern. Several men exited the business, and she stepped aside and smiled. One of them gave her a passing glance, but the others ignored her. She cursed her messy attire.

Jonas approached, a smirk curling the corner of his mouth. "Something wrong?"

Amelia unfastened her gauntlets and spaulders before tossing them at Jonas. He fumbled with the pieces of armor but none fell. A quick twirl, and she bound her wild hair into a sloppy ponytail. She rolled her shoulders, happy to be free of the excess weight.

"How do I look?" Amelia placed her hands on her hips and posed.

A blank stare from Jonas met her inquiry. "Crazy."

"A bit worse for wear," Harper managed, eyes avoiding Amelia's, "but beautiful as always, princess."

Brushing past Jonas, Amelia threw her arm around Harper's shoulders and pulled the short woman close. "Thank you, Harper. I might just have to keep you around."

"W-whatever you need, princess." Harper's hand twitched against Amelia's thigh, and her cheeks turned red.

Metal clanked as Jonas dumped Amelia's discarded armor on the ground. "You don't have to kiss her ass, Harper."

"But it's the truth, and I am happy to serve the princess," Harper wrapped around Amelia's waist, "quirks and all."

Amelia smiled at Harper, expecting a hug, but she shied away. Disappointment soured Amelia's excitement. She pulled away and stepped toward the inn. "Let's see what I'm up against."

Music thrummed in Amelia's chest. A small troubadour band played an unfamiliar song on the far side of the tavern. The melodic tune of the lute; however, put a smile on her face. She strode through the crowd, head high and eye on her goal.

An orc several heads taller than Amelia manned the drink counter. His dark green skin glistened with sweat as he handed out an order to a human waitress. Amelia smirked, watching his eyes linger on the woman as she went about her work. This would be easy.

Amelia sauntered up to an empty spot at the bar and caught the orc's eye. "Good day, sir. My name is Princess Amelia von Heiden. Are you the owner of this establishment?"

"Aye." Deep brown eyes flicked up and down Amelia's form, and she puffed her chest out. "Not every day we get princesses in here. What brings royal folk to our humble town?"

"My entourage and I were waylaid by bandits. We managed to escape with our lives, but they made off with all our gold and transportation." Inching closer, Amelia put her elbows on the counter, leaning in. "I was wondering if you might make a trade for a place to stay and some horses."

Suspicion ran all over the bartender's face. He pondered Amelia's words for a long moment before speaking: "What do you got?"

"Me." Amelia gestured to herself with her thumbs and winked.

"Are you joking?" The orc asked, voice raised in disgust. Amelia shook her head. "I don't take in prostitutes."

Amelia tilted her head, gave him a sidelong glance, and ran her index finger up and down a tall mug. "I promise I'll make it worth your while—a night you won't forget."

A strained expression came over the man's face, and his eyes peeked over Amelia's shoulder. She followed his gaze to a nervous-looking Harper by the entrance. "Your friend going to join us?"

Amelia tore her eyes off the innocent woman, cocked her hips, and licked her lips. "I believe you'll find that I am more than sufficient."

"All right," the orc whispered, shying away from Amelia's emphatic stare. "Here's a room key." He slid it across the counter, and she snatched it up without hesitation. "Get yourself washed up in the back and eat something and meet me back here. Your friends can stay in the room, I'll see if you're worth it."

"You won't be disappointed, mister..." Amelia trailed off, gazing up at him, expectant.

"Roy."

"That's a good name." Amelia turned to leave but peeked back over her shoulder with a wink. "I hope I'll be calling it out later."

The waitress from before walked past, shooting Amelia a dirty look. She shot an exaggerated smile back; she had succeeded in her mission and didn't care what the woman thought. Several patrons glanced her way, but they hid the moment she returned their gazes.

Harper fussed with her messy brown cloak, oblivious. She jumped as Amelia's boot thudded on the wooden floor in front of her. "How did it go, princess?"

"Great." Amelia held up and jingled the key. "Once I get cleaned up and eat something, I'm off to work. Don't wait up for me."

Concern darkened Harper's face, and her words came soft. "What if he tries to kidnap you or worse?"

"Don't worry, Harper. I can take care of myself." A yelp escaped Harper as Amelia draped herself around the shorter woman's shoulders. "You should worry for him if he decides he wants more than a taste."

"What about transportation and supplies?"

Amelia's lips curled up in a sly smirk. "Once I have him where I want him, it'll be easy to get him to offer up anything I want."

"You're such a whore," Jonas snapped, arms folded across his chest.

"Awww, don't be jealous, Jonas. You can join me in the bath if you'd like." Amelia unwrapped herself from around Harper, winking.

"I'll pass. I have some self-respect left." Jonas brushed past Amelia and stormed off.

"Harper, keep an eye on Jonas until I get back." Amelia handed her the key. "Make sure he doesn't go chasing after any unsuspecting ladies."

Harper's cheeks turned red, but she locked eyes with Amelia. "Y-yes, princess."

"I'll see you later," Amelia said before she took off toward Jonas.

"Aren't you going to be late?" Jonas asked.

Amelia lifted her hand and twirled her index finger. "Turn around. I need a change of clothes."

Jonas sighed and did as he was told. "You should just go naked. You're going to end up that way anyway."

"Yes, but a princess must keep up appearances, you know." The bronze clasps snapped open, and the leather straps groaned as Amelia fished around inside the pack.

"I don't think you're fooling anyone." Amelia jerked around, and Jonas let out an annoyed huff. "And you're freaking Harper out."

Regret tightened Amelia's chest. She didn't want to force anything upon the young disciple. "He wanted her to join us, and I refused. I'm keeping her comfort in mind."

"You're not a completely lost cause." Part of Jonas' face peeked over his shoulder.

"Thank you." Amelia withdrew her selection and flipped the flap back down with a pat. "I'll be back with whatever I can get."

Amelia strode past curious onlookers toward the back door Roy had pointed out. The thought of getting out of her dirty clothes and washing away the sweat and grime thrilled her, and her steps quickened. Her stomach rumbled. She diverted her course, caught the attention of a waiter, and ordered something light.

Her other needs seen to, Amelia poked her head through the door. A small five-by-five room opened up before her. Used towels were thrown in a hamper to the left while a stack of folded ones lay opposite. She snatched up one of the towels and pressed on.

Steam clung to Amelia's face as she entered. No one else occupied the bath; not that she cared if anyone saw her. She popped the straps on her armor and doffed the heavy things as soon as possible. Her sweaty clothes came off an instant later, forming a crumpled pile in the corner.

Amelia, free of the impeding garments, meandered and unraveled the braid holding her hair back. A veil of red-orange covered her face. She tilted her head back and shook the locks over her bare shoulders. Her gaze shifted down, and she dipped her foot into the bathwater.

Warmth surrounded Amelia as she sank into the water. She sighed. Every inch of her skin sang at the soothing sensation washing over her. Her eyes slipped closed, and she held her breath. The world drifted away. Hair floated all around her. Bliss swelled inside her, and the tension in her muscles melted away.

Amelia's lungs burned. She enjoyed the calming water for a moment longer before she rose for air. A soft gasp filled her ears the second she broke the surface. Hair molded to her neck and shoulders, tendrils cascading down her face. She brushed them aside into a fan at her back.

Positioning herself on the little step, Amelia slouched until she submerged to her chin. She spread out and stretched her feet and toes. Pops worked their way down her spine as it decompressed. She twisted and cracked her hips. The pressure vanished.

Amelia let herself go, and the water carried her. Her nipples rose, emerging from the warmth, and stiffened as the cooler air met them. Anticipation crept in, replacing the serenity enrapturing her body. She wanted to hurry and fill the void growing, but she thought to enjoy herself a bit first.

Supple flesh yielded to Amelia's purposeful hands, eliciting a quiet moan. She groped herself in a slow, steady fashion, sure to give attention to the sensitive protuberances. Her back arched. Heat grew between her legs, and she imagined the fun she would be having later.

Amelia's lower lips parted for her fingers. She shuddered and eased back into a seated position on the step. Her hand went to work. Pleasure wormed its way through her as she teased herself. She ran her index and middle finger in circles around her little button.

Soft breaths and gentle splashes echoed off the nearby wood walls. Amelia increased her pace and squeezed her tit. One little orgasm wouldn't hurt—in fact, it would only make things more gratifying. The more excited she got for later, the better. She didn't know when the next time she could blow off some steam would be.

Amelia curled two fingers inside. A moan rasped out of her as she took her time. Her walls stretched at the delightful intrusion, and she rubbed her fingertips against the ribbed spot above. She squirmed, sinking fully onto her fingers.

The door creaked, and Amelia's hand shot out of the water. She jolted upright and attempted to appear as if she hadn't just been fondling herself. Her shoulders tensed up no matter how hard she tried. With reluctance, she tilted her head to the entrance.

A woman's head and bare shoulder peeked around the door. Short brunet hair swooped to her right, shaved closer to the head on her left. A series of studs ran down the outside of her visible, pointed ear. Deep brown eyes caught Amelia's, and a smile spread across her face.

"My apologies," the elf said, hovering in the doorway. "I didn't know anyone else was in here."

Amelia leaned back in her seat, resting her arm on the rim of the bath. Her heart still hammered in her chest. "It's all right. Nothing we haven't seen before."

The woman swept into the room, silent, closing the door behind her. She stood a couple inches taller than Amelia with a lithe frame. A small steel bar pierced each of her nipples. Little of her body jiggled as she approached, tight and firm. Amelia couldn't take her eyes off her.

Water tickled Amelia's neck as the elf sat beside her. "What's your name?" she asked, brown hair blocking the edge of her face.

"Amelia von Heiden." Pride swelled, and she glanced over at her bathing companion. "Yours?"

A grin split the woman's face as she turned to meet Amelia's gaze. "Just Vivian." Her eyes traveled up and down, devouring every inch of bare, wet skin. "Would you like a hand there, Amelia?"

"Whatever do you mean?" The intent stare Vivian gave Amelia excited her. She wouldn't mind a woman's touch.

"Don't be coy; you weren't exactly being subtle." Vivian scooted closer and eased her back against Amelia's outstretched arm. "So," light fingers drummed along Amelia's hip, "would you like a hand?"

Amelia leaned in close, making sure Vivian noticed her eyes dip downward. "But we only just met."

"You're the one masturbating in a public bath." Vivian's hand slid down to Amelia's thigh, and she probed the other woman with her fingertips, just shy of her anything intimate.

"Maybe you should punish me for acting so indecent." A quick scoot brought their bodies together. Metal grazed Amelia's nipple, and she let out a sharp breath in Vivian's ear.

Vivian wrapped her other arm around Amelia, pulling her tight against her. "You're awfully naughty for a princess." She inched between Amelia's legs, forcing a gasp out of her. "What would the people say if they saw you like this?"

Amelia's hips rocked forward, eager for someone, anyone, to finish what she had started. "Oh, you know?"

"What did I say about you and being subtle?" Two fingers invaded Amelia's womanhood, and Vivian teased her earlobe.

"I hope you don't have any ideas of doing anything"—Amelia moaned as Vivian hit all her spots—"unsavory. I'm at your mercy."

"I would never dream of it, your highness." Despite her words, a mischievous expression graced Vivian's face, and her fingers explored deeper.

Impatience bubbled up inside Amelia, but she suppressed her desires and let Vivian work. "Ooo, you're good at this. Accost many women in the bath?"

"Get in my lap, and I'll show you what I'm capable of just with my fingers." Vivian's fingers parted, spreading Amelia enough to flip her switch.

Amelia needed no further prompting. She stood and stepped between Vivian's legs, presenting her ass. The elf gave Amelia's cheek a solid slap before she patted the space in front of her. Hesitation rooted Amelia in place. She stared at Vivian's cute, little pussy and licked her lips.

"Patience," Vivian said, drawing Amelia's attention back to her face. "Let's get you settled first."

Body heat seeped into Amelia. She eased back into Vivian until trimmed pubes tickled her backside. The other woman pushed Amelia sideways, so her chin could rest on her shoulder. Vivian nipped Amelia's ear; her teeth rough across sensitive skin. Thank the Gods the night was young.

Hands roamed all over Amelia's abdomen. Tingles danced across her flesh at the light caress, but she wanted more. Her desires were answered. Vivian cupped Amelia's perky breasts and squeezed. She enjoyed playing with herself, but it never quite compared to another's touch.

Amelia arched her back, and Vivian took advantage. Nails scraped her flesh with the lightest pressure. Her nipples slipped between busy fingers, and they rolled and kneaded the stiff nubs. She moaned. Their heads joined, lips brushing against cheekbone.

12