Hardwired for Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Emmeline
Emmeline
1,746 Followers

Oh my. That was hot, seriously hot. This kind of thing didn't happen to me. Ever. It simply didn't.

"Sorry to interrupt and all, but are y'all gonna order or just screw here on the counter? I know it's Valentine's and all, but Jesus."

I jerked back like I had been scalded. A salt- and pepper-haired older woman behind the counter glared at us.

"That was only a kiss, Rose, not screwing. Has it been so long since you got any that you've forgotten what it looks like?" Matthew smirked at her.

Oh no, this woman was going to spit in our food, I just knew it. She looked like she didn't take any shit from anyone.

To my surprise, Rose guffawed and waved a hand. "I see plenty, you ass." She moved closer to me, giving me the once-over.

"Never seen you bring a lady friend with you, Matt," she said finally.

"Yeah, so don't embarrass me with crappy food," he said.

Rose frowned and sniffed. "Hers will be great. You...may not get any food at all."

Matthew laughed and the sound of it almost startled me. I wasn't sure I had ever heard him laugh like that before. This away-from-the-office IT Guy was a different creature than the man I usually saw at work.

He glanced down at me, eyes twinkling. "She really loves me, don't her fool you."

I looked uncertainly between the two of them. "Are you sure?" I whispered.

Rose cackled. "All right, y'all, what are you having?"

We ended up ordering simple burgers and fries. Rose walked away toward the kitchen, and I gave Matthew a sideways glance.

"Sooo," I said. "Was it a coincidence you were at Cuore Mio tonight?" I had to ask even if it embarrassed the hell out of me.

He reached out and tucked an errant tendril of my hair behind my ear, causing me to shiver and my nipples to come to attention. Why did he keep touching me?

"What do you think, Stella?" he said finally, his chocolate eyes never wavering from my face.

"I—I don't know, that's why I'm asking," I spluttered.

His fingertip slid along my jawline. "There are five of us on the IT team at Hambly-Fitch. How many of them have ever come to work on your stuff?"

I swallowed hard. "But, you always ask my name like you don't remember who I am."

He lifted a brow. "And miss you narrowing those pretty eyes at me? Wait, you're doing it now!"

I fought to keep my lips from smiling. "That is not nice!" I insisted.

"Besides," he continued. "I've called dibs on you. My other tech brethren know better than to lay a finger on your equipment."

"You called...dibs on me?" I shook my head, trying to take all of this in. "Why didn't you just ask me out?"

"You're my coworker. Guys have to play it carefully in the workplace." His look turned sly. "Plus, I figured I should give you time to get over me lecturing you for destroying that new laser printer with a deluge of orange juice. Good grief, you killed it dead on the first day you had it."

"There was a spider!"

"Were you trying to baptize him in OJ?" Matthew asked, snorting with laughter and throwing an arm around my shoulders. "It's ok. I hate spiders, too."

"Keep it up and I'm going to ask Rose for orange juice and baptize you with it," I threatened. "She would probably douse you, too."

"Just don't get my phone wet. I need to text my mom soon," he joked.

Our food arrived, cutting off our exchange. Matthew and Rose kept me laughing while we ate. I had to repeatedly slap Matthew's hand for swiping fries off my plate. It was definitely the best first date I'd ever had, even if I was totally confused on Matthew's intentions. No matter what he said tonight, I had never gotten the feeling he was into me before.

He insisted on driving me home, and there was an awkward moment when he parked in front of my apartment building.

For all my uncertainty where Matthew was concerned, I had really enjoyed his company. And I had to admit to myself I wasn't ready for it to end...not yet. I might turn into a pumpkin at midnight or something.

"Since it's still early," I said. "Would you, um, like to come in and have a glass of wine or something?"

It was hard to see his expression in the dim interior of the car. My stomach tensed when he didn't answer right away.

"I'd love to," he said finally.

My nerves were stretched tight when we walked into my apartment. Geez, what was I thinking to ask him in?

I turned and smiled brightly at him, flipping the light on. "I'll just go pour us some wine, then, okay? I pointed toward the living room. "Just make yourself comfortable."

To my dismay, he didn't follow my direction but followed much too closely behind me to the kitchen. His face was the neutral, unreadable one that I normally saw at work. What had happened to the laughing, easygoing guy at dinner? I wondered uneasily.

"Do you have a roommate?" he asked abruptly.

"No," I said with a little laugh. "Why? Don't want any witnesses for when you kill me later?"

He didn't laugh. In fact, he grimaced. Oh crap, this didn't look good at all. I sighed. Bad first date syndrome strikes again.

"This probably isn't a great idea," he said.

I paused with a glass in each hand, nodding dumbly. "Ok, sure. I understand. We have work tomorrow anyway."

He ran a hand through his dark hair, rumpling it. "Stella, I don't want to rush you into anything. I hijacked you from your date tonight and now..."

"And now what?" I whispered. "You wish you hadn't?"

"I didn't know it was going to smell like you in here, and you've got those damn shoes on."

I frowned at him and carefully set down the glasses I was holding. Was this supposed to be making sense to me? Did he mean that it smelled funny in my apartment? I did have some candles I could light...

"You don't like my shoes?" I asked, puzzled. I pulled off my shawl and laid it on a nearby chair.

"Aww," he groaned and covered his eyes.

"Matthew, you're confusing me. If you want to go, just go. I'm not going to be mad." I extended my hand to him and smiled. "Thanks again for your help tonight. Friends?"

He stared down at my hand for a long moment then slowly raised his eyes to my face. My smile faltered.

I swallowed. "Not friends?"

"Not friends," he growled, and in the next breath, I was pressed between his hard body and my refrigerator. His mouth covered mine, hard and demanding.

"Tell me to go," he said gruffly, finally raising his head.

I licked my lips and tried to kick my brain back into motion. This man's kisses were lethal to a woman's thinking.

"No," I said. "I don't want you to go at all."

He trailed his hands down the length of my arms, and I shivered at the contact of his palms against my bare skin.

"Stella..." he whispered.

My heart thudded in a frantic rhythm as he threaded his fingers through mine and raised my hands and pressed them against the refrigerator on either side of my head. Arousal, vulnerability, and uncertainty warred for supremacy within me. I both wanted to break frantically out of his hold and climb him like a drowning swimmer.

Matthew rested his forehead against mine. "I've... had a crush on you for quite a while. I'm afraid I'm going to come on too strong and scare you off."

"Are...are you pranking me?" I managed to ask hoarsely. IT Guy had a crush on me? Shy Stella McGuiness? Maybe this was office hijinks. They would all have a laugh in the morning at gullible Stella from Accounting.

His chest started shaking, and it took me a moment to realize he was laughing.

I sucked in a sharp breath as he ghosted his lips over my cheek and down to the sensitive skin of my neck.

"You're adorable. I want to eat you up."

My eyes rolled upwards at the delicious tingles his lips were inducing between my legs. He inched closer, and the hard ridge of his arousal nudged at my stomach. Obviously, he couldn't be faking that.

"We should go watch TV," he murmured, his mouth exploring over my collarbone. I gasped as he dipped his tongue into the valley at the bottom of my throat. Releasing my hands, he slipped a button of my blouse open exposing more of my ample cleavage. My freed hands clutched at his shoulders when he licked over the top curve of my breast, the mound pushed upward by the expensive bra I had purchased to give me an extra boost of confidence.

"Baby," he muttered. "Red lace looks amazing against your gorgeous skin."

My eyes widened when his expression turned into a scowl.

"You were going to show this sexiness to that dipshit?"

A nervous laugh burst out of me. "No," I answered honestly. "I just wanted to feel pretty and desirable."

I squealed in surprise when he swept me up off my feet and into his arms.

"I get to see," he frowned down at me. "HE does not get to see."

I blinked at him in confusion. It seemed pretty obvious at this point that Richard wasn't going to see anything tonight or ever, but Matthew was still scowling so I shrugged mentally.

"He never gets to see," I replied gravely.

"Damn straight. What a prick." He carried me into my living room and deposited me gently down on the couch. Settling down beside me, he stroked a hand over my blonde curls and pressed a kiss to my forehead. "I'm not going to ravage you on our first date, no matter what it seems like," he said firmly. "You deserve a gentleman, not..."

"A secret sex toy?" I finished with a wry smile.

That wicked grin flashed over his face. "Exactly."

I liked that Matthew wanted to be a gentleman, I really did. But... let's face it, my panties were drenched, and I had a feeling my trusty hand just wasn't going to give me what I needed. Not tonight.

Taking a deep breath, I smiled shyly. "I'm going to visit the bathroom a moment. Just make yourself comfy, and I'll be right back."

I hoped the dim lighting hid the flush of my cheeks as I stood and walked down the hall to the small half-bath.

I closed the door behind myself and pressed my hands to my hot cheeks. Was I really going to do this? Should I do this? He might think I was a slut who hopped into bed with lots of men. Sighing, I shook my head. Part of me just couldn't believe that this wasn't some weird aberration and that tomorrow Matthew would realize he got caught up in the moment, and I was still just awkward Stella.

Never before had I felt such a strong physical reaction to a man touching me. Even my ex, Eli, had never made me feel like this. Yes, I was afraid, but I was even more scared of letting the chance to have a scorching sex with Matthew pass me by. And it would be so hot... I shivered, thinking about the way his eyes had darkened when he had seen my cleavage encased in crimson lace.

Resolutely, I stared down my flush-faced reflection and stripped down to my skimpy, lacy underwear, leaving on the red, fuck-me heels.

My heels made slow, deliberate clicks down the hallway as I made my way back to the living room. I was surprised to see the room empty, and for a moment, my stomach dropped, thinking he had left after all. Hearing a choked noise somewhere behind me, I turned to see Matthew emerging from the kitchen, wineglasses in hand.

"Holy hell, woman," he said, quickly depositing the glasses on my short bar, his searing gaze never leaving me.

Instinct had me backing up when he approached.

"Oh, no, you don't," he muttered, his fingers sliding around my elbow and halting my retreat.

Nervously, I ran my hand over the strap of my bra, my insecurities running rampant, sure that he was going to be turned off by my curves on full display.

"Stella," he whispered.

"I took off my clothes," I whispered back. "I don't want to watch TV."

"You take my breath away."

Looking into his eyes, I saw nothing but sincerity and desire. I shivered when his hands covered my shoulders.

He pulled my body close until we were touching, and the sensation of his large, clothed form against my mostly bare skin seemed so erotic that it sent a searing hot flush to my core. This time when his mouth settled on mine, it was gentle and seductive.

My back barely registered the coolness of the wall as he steered me against it. I was thankful for its support while Matthew slowly dragged the lacy straps of my bra down my arms. I arched my back when he bared my breasts, and there was no mistaking the awe in his eyes when he pulled his lips from mine to see what he had exposed.

"Gorgeous," he murmured, his hand tracing the curve of one pale mound, squeezing gently.

I bit my lip and moaned when his hot mouth closed over my nipple and suckled. My hands slid into his hair, holding him close, as he gave attention to each breast, kneading, licking, and sucking.

It had been so long since I'd been touched this way that I was greedy for it. My back arched, pushing my breasts up and closer to his mouth.

"Matthew," I breathed in encouragement as he flicked open the clasps in the back and my bra slid to the floor.

Somewhere in the back of my mind, my voice of reason was jumping frantically up and down, trying in vain to be noticed. You're showing your tits to a coworker! And not just any coworker -- it's IT Guy! But then his large hand was sliding down inside the front of my panties, his blunt fingers teasing my slit, discovering my abundant slickness.

Embarrassment warred briefly with my tempestuous hormones. Then, his finger dipped inside me, and the battle was lost.

"Fuck, yes," he growled, his mouth hot on my neck.

"Yes," I whimpered in echo as that wonderful finger sought and found my clit.

Just as my lady parts were gearing up for something wondrous, I froze at the unmistakable two-note chime of my door bell.

"Noooo...no, nonono." I clutched at Matthew's shirt front.

We sprang apart as the bell rang again, and I realized tiny lace panties were not appropriate attire to rip open my front door and scream at whatever life-ruining moron happened to be on the other side.

"I'm so sorry," I muttered in embarrassment, dashing in a boob-bouncing run to the bathroom to grab my robe on the way to the front door.

"Stella? Are you in there?"

I sighed as I opened the door. My mother stood indignantly on the other side, one hand clutching her phone.

"What in the world is going on with you, Stella? Regina Parks blew up my phone saying that you had ditched her son at Cuore Mio and been dragged out by some strange man to have hot monkey sex, and then you wouldn't answer your phone!"

"Mom..."

"I've been worried sick!"

It was only then that I noticed the man standing beside my mother as he stepped forward out of the shadows.

My stomach plummeted to my feet. "Eli?" I choked out.

I stared at my mother in horror. "You called Eli?"

"Don't blame your mother for caring about you and being concerned, Stella," my ex-boyfriend reproached me. "Just calm down."

My mother wavered a bit under the stink eye I pinned on her.

"I was worried when you wouldn't answer your phone," she said defensively. "Regina kept raving about you leaving with a man, and Eli was the only man I could think of that you might leave with."

I saw my mother's gaze drift past me and her mouth drop open.

I felt his large presence draw close beside me, his shirt brushing against my arm.

"Hi, I'm Matthew."

"You invited a strange man into your apartment?" my mother gasped. "Stella Grace!"

The light reflected off Eli's burnished blond hair, and the frown marring his smooth, pale brow. "Sweetie, I've heard you haven't been yourself since we decided to go our separate ways. I have to say, it doesn't seem like you are making smart decisions."

Unexpected emotion and embarrassment rose inside me and most horrifyingly, the hot prickle of angry tears. With a jolt I felt a large hand slide over my own, and Matthew's warm fingers laced with mine. My chin rose.

"Eli, you lost the right to voice any opinion over what I do when you broke up with me a year ago because you wanted to 'experience life unfettered.' Which, according to what your younger sister told me, really meant screwing her barely legal best friend."

"Stella! For goodness' sake!"

I rolled my eyes at my mother. "Mom, I am fine. I did not bring a strange man home. Actually, Matthew and I have known one another for quite some time. We work together. And you know what, Richard was a horrible date, and thankfully, Matthew saved me."

"I'm going to call you later so we can discuss this, Stella," Eli growled, glaring at Matthew.

"Please don't," I replied curtly.

Seeing the confusion on my mother's face, I relented and hugged her, whispering that I'd call her later.

After they finally departed from my doorstep, I raked a hand through my disordered hair and glanced a little timidly over at Matthew, who stood with his hands in his pockets and a thoughtful look on his face.

"Not sure I made a good first impression on your mother."

A giggle fizzed out of me. I took a step closer until I stood before him.

"I'm more worried about you having a bad impression of me," I confessed.

His lips turned up and the next thing I knew, his arms were sliding around me and pulling me flush against his front. One large hand stroked up and down my back.

I froze momentarily then melted against his body. I couldn't remember the last time I had just been held like this. My eyes stung with stupid tears, and I wasn't even sure why.

"Does your mother always overreact like that?"

I shivered from his voice rumbling in my ear. "Pretty much, yeah."

"Good to know."

I laughed and tried not to moan out loud when his hand began gliding over my hair.

"I think your ex will be rethinking his 'unfettered status' and giving you a call."

Blinking in surprise, I lifted my head from where I had been surreptitiously rubbing my cheek against his shirtfront. "Um...what?"

It was his turn to laugh. "Just a hunch I have."

I felt him shrug before he added, "Maybe you would like to get back with him."

I made a rude noise into his chest. "Not happening."

"I'm glad," he whispered and leaned down to brush his lips against mine, nipping at my bottom lip. The kiss deepened and grew heated.

"Can we forget the past ten minutes just happened? I mean other than that kiss," I asked, slightly dazed as our lips finally parted.

His hands slid down over my bottom and lifted me up. I gripped his shoulders and wrapped my legs around him. He continued to kiss me, moving forward while holding me in his arms. My eyes fluttered open when I felt the softness of my bed under my back.

He knelt between my parted legs, and even in the dim light of my bedside lamp, I could see the desire in his expression as he untied the sash of my robe and eased the black silk open, baring me to his gaze.

Bracing his weight with one arm, Matthew leaned over me, lightly kissing my breasts before taking one mound in his hand and licking over the pink tip.

Pausing, he raised up to press his lips against mine in a lingering kiss, while his thumb slid in a sensuous pattern around and over my sensitive nipple.

"Okay?" he whispered, gazing down at me.

I gasped and arched into his hand when he lightly pinched my nipple. "Better than okay," I replied huskily. "But you have way more clothes on that I do, that doesn't seem fair."

His answering smirk was downright devilish. "Oh, well."

He began to kiss and nibble his way down the front of my body, and everything else faded away. I had a moment of anxiousness when he eased my underwear down and off. I swallowed hard, feeling vulnerable and completely exposed, nude and bare to everything he wanted to see.

Sliding lower in the bed, he slowly but firmly pressed my knees wide.

"Oh baby," he breathed. "Look how beautiful you are."

I wanted to squeeze my eyes closed, but I couldn't look away the sight of this large, sexy, fully-clothed man intimately cradled between my thighs. Trembling and biting my lip, I watched breathlessly while he traced my slippery folds with one finger before dipping his head to gently lick my labia bottom to top.

Emmeline
Emmeline
1,746 Followers