Harry Styles - Instant Attraction Ch. 01

Story Info
Harry Styles gets more than he bargained for on a blind date.
7.6k words
4.59
12.4k
9

Part 1 of the 14 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 02/15/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

1. Blind Date

--

Charley Pearce groaned as Caroline pushed her in front of the floor length mirror in her bedroom. "Caroline, I don't want to do this!"

Caroline, Charley's soon to be ex-best friend, rolled her eyes and scowled at her in the reflection. Charley stared back at her darkly.

"For God's sake Charley, it's just one blind date," said the beautiful blonde, throwing her hands up in exasperation. "You're not being tied to a stake. If you don't like him, then leave! But you won't know until you try. Besides, if you can't do it for God's sake, do it for my sake. I don't think I can take you complaining that you've been single for 'fourteen months' for one more day," she said the last bit in a childish, whiny voice, Charley assuming she was mimicking her.

Charley's turn to roll her eyes and give Caro the dirty look. Okay. Fine. She had a point there. She crossed her arms defensively. "I wanted it to happen naturally. I never thought I'd have to go on a blind date to meet someone. It's not like I'm shy or prude. Boys just don't find me interesting - unlike you. I'm going to be an old cat lady," Charley grumped.

"Ugh!" Caroline growled loudly and covered her stunning face with her hands, throwing herself on the bed. "You don't even have one cat! They only fixate on me because they follow my modelling account on Instagram. They know they don't have a chance," she smirked, a wicked glint in her eye as she winked at her best friend. "Zayn would thump them anyway." Charley had to laugh at that. She was only partly kidding. "Seriously, though, boys are just intimidated by how hot you are, you idiot. And you're kind of aloof when you're not interested."

Charley ignored the 'hot' comment, like she always did when Caroline said stuff like that. She didn't believe that was true. She looked back at herself in the mirror, comparing themselves. She wouldn't normally - Charley loved Caro with all her heart and she'd never felt a bit jealous. But Caroline was a real beauty. She was tall, lithe, athletic and her skin looked like she had a tawny tan year round. Combined with her high cheekbones, straight nose, blonde hair and ice blue eyes, it was no wonder she was so successful as a swimwear and underwear model.

Charley twisted a bit to check more of her appearance as Caroline muttered darkly on the bed under her breath about Charley and her 'attitude'. She heard 'ridiculous' and 'driving me mad' before she tuned her back out.

They were almost opposite in looks. Charley had black hair, hazel eyes and olive skin thanks to her Latino heritage. She wasn't exactly short, but not as tall as Caro, either. Thanks to the two of them running together every day and hitting the gym due to Caroline's modelling work, Charley was fit and toned, too. Her figure was good, she admitted to herself. She worked hard on it. But where Caroline had uniquely stunning model looks with amazing bone structure, Charley thought of herself as much plainer. She knew she was attractive to some guys - there had been enough flirting and first dates to let her know she was desirable, at least to some - but when they went out, it was to Caroline they all flocked, and Charley was largely ignored. Caroline being Insta-famous was another level; fans recognised her and asked for pictures, and Charley was usually the one taking them. She didn't mind taking the photos, it often made her smile and Caro was so cool about it with her fans.

Charley never used to mind the guys ignoring her either - until the drought became real and she had been single, with no sex, for a whole year. Then she became frustrated and grumpy - what Caroline was losing patience with. Charley had been approached by a few men, but no one she felt a connection with, and certainly no one she wanted to sleep with. Caroline had even presented her with a few willing male models who'd take her to bed, "to satisfy your itch", she'd claimed, much to Charley's mortification. But now Charley was beginning to look at the shallow and arrogant models speculatively, and that worried her. Keep your standards high, Charley! she berated herself. She was 23, though, not a nun.

She straightened her shoulders and tilted her chin up. Caroline was right - she was just making excuses about tonight. It had been fun being single, doing whatever she wanted, but now that Caro was in a steady relationship with Zayn, Charley was starting to long for what her friend had; for what it was like to have a boyfriend again. Caroline and Zayn were so cute together. They'd been dating for nearly six months now and Charley had barely met him more than five times - Caro was so busy flying around the world with her modelling trips, that when she saw him, she just wanted alone time with him. Charley got it, she truly did. Snapping back to the present, she sighed inwardly.

"OK Caro, positive thinking it is," Charley said finally, with only a hint of resignation in her voice. She was going to get through tonight with a good attitude.

Caro sat up and squealed, clapping her hands together. "That's the spirit, Char!" she cheered. "What do you think of the dress?"

Charley looked back at herself again. Since she didn't own many dresses, Caroline was loaning her one she'd picked up at a modelling shoot. The black bandage dress was a mini, which Charley was sceptical about, but, because Caro was a bit taller than her, the dress was a little longer on Charley than it was on her friend. She also wasn't as tiny as Caro, but the fabric had give and stretched nicely on her. It rested about two hand spans above her knee, which Charley was okay with. It wasn't as short as her denim shorts, she justified. She would just need to be careful when she bent over, and cross her legs when sitting. While it was figure hugging, it was high necked, which Charley liked, with little cap sleeves. Super cute really, and quite appropriate for a first date at a nice restaurant. Charley turned round and looked over her shoulder at herself in the mirror.

"OK, I really like how it makes my butt look," she admitted and Caroline laughed, reaching out to slap her friend's butt.

"I wish I had a bum like yours, mine is just so flat," she grinned. Charley pulled a face at her then grinned back. Whatever. Caroline had the perfect, peachy bum made for underwear modelling. Caroline rummaged in Charley's closet and pulled out her friend's favourite black heels - strappy sandals that tied a couple times around her ankles. Charley liked how they made her legs look a bit longer with such a short dress. They added small, gold studs and a thin gold bracelet to set off her tan. Charley didn't want to go too outrageous on a blind date. Her makeup was glam but neutral, with brown smoky eyes, meticulous eyebrows and her naturally thick, black lashes had some extra help with a light coat of mascara.

The two of them discussed the outfit as Charley modelled and turned in her room, then headed for the bathroom for final touches.

Charley added some shimmery highlighter to her cheekbones and dusted a small amount down her arms just below the cap sleeves, giving her skin a natural, healthy-looking radiance. A light dash of gloss on her lips finished the look. She stood back for Caroline's inspection. Caro frowned a little, then leaned forward and rustled Charley's long, dark wavy hair around her shoulders, which she'd blow waved earlier. It was thick and shiny and one of Charley's best assets. She couldn't bear to cut it shorter, so it always rested halfway down her back.

"Show me your teeth," she said, and Charley pulled back her lips and pretended to hiss at Caro. Her friend ignored her and announced she had nothing stuck in them. "You're good to go. Come on, we've got to leave now or I'll miss my movie with Zayn, and your date will think you've stood him up."

Caroline was heading to the nearby cinemas for her own date while Charley was at the restaurant with her blind. That way if it didn't work out, Charley could text Caro and she would pick her up to take her back home. Charley knew Caroline was quietly hoping that she wouldn't have to, so she could spend the night at Zayn's. So for her sake, Charley hoped it went well. She grabbed her faithful black leather jacket and pulled it on as they locked the apartment door behind them.

Once they were in the car, Charley started to get nervous. The guy she was being set up with was a friend of Zayn's. He had been single for a few months now too apparently. To be honest, it sounded like he was a bit of a serial dater, so she didn't have high hopes. Was he annoying? Sleazy? Clingy? Distant? Don't judge, Charley, she scolded herself. At least he was putting himself out there trying to find someone. Charley related to that. She had been on a few dates, but hadn't wished to continue seeing someone just for the sake of it. Hell, he was probably judging her for being single for 14 months. Charley shrunk down in her seat a bit and nervously tapped her glossy, black fingernails on her bare knees.

"What's his name again, Caro? How will I know who he is? I haven't even seen a picture." Charley looked over at her as Caroline braked in front of a set of traffic lights. It was nearly on dark now and the streetlights were bathing the footpaths either side of the road in a dreamy light. The air was so balmy and a light breeze was soothing as it licked at their hair. It was the perfect summer night.

Caroline glanced over and Charley caught the eye roll. "That's the whole point of a blind date, Char, and his name's Harry. Harry Styles."

She looked away again. Harry. She hoped he wasn't a dick.

***

Harry thrummed his fingers on the bar as he waited for his date to arrive. This was a bad idea. How had he let Zayn talk him into it? Nerves were getting the better of him, and he wanted to leave, but it wasn't in his nature to stand a girl up. She was in the same boat as him. Nervously he sipped the glass of water he'd been given by the bartender while he waited. He'd wanted something stronger, but didn't think it would be a good look to greet her with bourbon on his breath.

He flashed his eyes to the restaurant doors again as he saw a black sports car draw up outside. That was Caroline's car, he recognised it at once, it was often parked at Zayn's. He sat up straighter. Shit, he thought. Here we go. He was glad to be the one to have the first look at his date, his eyes locked on the passenger door. She couldn't see him from here either. Harry held his breath as the door opened and his jaw dropped as an incredible pair of legs folded out, and heeled feet were placed on the pavement. His eyes tracked up the legs to her head which was currently twisted back around to face Caroline as she talked to her friend. And then she turned around and he sucked in a breath, feeling something similar to a punch to the gut somewhere down below.

"Well done, Zayn," he murmured to himself, frozen in place as he watched the dark-haired bombshell nervously take the purse handed to her by her friend, shut the car door and wave jerkily. She's nervous, too, he noted, finding her awkward movements endearing. Usually, in his experience, girls that beautiful were full of themselves. Especially when they knew who he was. He wondered if she did. Well, he'd soon find out. Harry watched as she turned, look up at the restaurant sign over the door and take a deep breath. That was his cue. He unfroze and leapt to his feet. He did a quick check of himself, wiped his suddenly lightly sweating palms on his black skinny jeans, and, heart pounding, went to meet her.

***

Charley took a deep breath as she approached the restaurant doors, then pushed them open, pulling her purse into her stomach unconsciously. She wondered how she would find him. Before she could even start looking, she felt a jerk in her gait as one of her heels caught on the lip of the tile just inside the door and she lost her balance, beginning to fall. Shit!

Suddenly, strong hands were grasping her upper arms, pulling her upright and steadying her. A pleasant, musky scent tickled her nose. "Can't have you falling for me already, Charley," a honey-toned male voice said brightly. "That would be no fun if I don't have to work for it." Breathless from her near-miss, she looked up in surprise at her name, blushing at her rescuer's words. He was British. Oh no way. Of all the people to do that in front of.

"Oh geez, you must be Harry. I'm so embarrassed!" Charley groaned, squeezing her eyes shut for a moment as he let go of her and bent to pick up her dropped purse. Can't believe I tripped, so classy Charley.

"Don't be," he chuckled, and she looked up, still mortified, from beneath her lashes at his wide smile. "Harry Styles at your service. And you must be my date, Charley." His grin was catching and the situation suddenly became funny to her, too. Charley started to laugh with him. He was cute! She felt a sudden thrill at him calling her his date. The accent was super sexy and the way he said her name felt sultry. Charley felt a prickle of gooseflesh rise at the back of her neck. She knew Zayn was British, but hadn't been expecting a British friend here in L.A. as her date.

He had dark, silky curls that brushed his neck - and he was tall. Taller than her by at least a half head, even with her heels, which Charley liked. He was wearing black skinny jeans and a light pink button up shirt, which suited him. A navy blazer with sleeves rolled up was thrown over the top, a glint of a silver chain hinting under his shirt. He looked fashionable and effortlessly trendy.

"Well, at least it broke the ice," Charley recovered with a playful smile, and he grinned at her response. Fake it 'til you make it.

He offered her his arm formally. "Would the lady let me escort her to our table?" he asked in mock-seriousness. Charley's smile widened. He was charming and fun!

"She would indeed," she replied and slipped her arm through his and they walked the mere ten steps to their table, where he pulled out a chair for her and slid into the one opposite Charley took a moment to take her jacket off and place it on the chair behind her, hooking her purse over the back, too. When she turned back, she noticed he was staring at her, and not at her face. He's checking me out, she realised with a thrill. Confusingly, she hoped he liked what he saw, because she was enjoying the view herself. The butterflies that had been quietly floating around inside her since she'd left the apartment, suddenly exploded into action in her belly, and she took a breath to compose herself and his eyes snapped back up to hers.

"You look lovely," he smiled at her, a hint of shyness in his tone. "I'm glad it was you who fell through those doors." Charley was engaged by the warmth in his smile.

"I want to say I'm glad I fell through the doors too, but it may not be truthful," she returned with an eyebrow raised playfully, trying to act more confident than Ishe felt. He laughed at her attempted repartee. Charley relaxed a bit more. "Thanks for catching me before I fell on my face," she offered genuinely.

"You're welcome. I think that broke the record on how fast a girl has landed in my arms before," he chuckled. They smiled at each other again, neither of them knowing what to say next. He had green eyes, she noted dazedly. Before it became too awkward, a waitress appeared with menus for them and pouring them some water. Charley was grateful to have the distraction and a menu to grasp onto at that moment. Her eyes quickly flicked blindly over it, not reading a thing. He was not at all what she'd been expecting. She liked him already. If it continued like this- Don't get ahead of yourself Charley, he has to like you too. But every indication so far was that he did like her. She was sure he was flirting with her and he had checked her out. It made her insides squirm.

***

Harry was thrilling inside. She was gorgeous and she wasn't full of herself at all - and there had been no sign of recognition in her eyes of who he was. He wondered why Caroline hadn't told her, but he was glad she hadn't. In fact, she was turning out to be sweet and funny and had a cute awkwardness about her, which he was learning he found sexy. He was conscious that her legs and feet were inches from his under the table. He pictured the bare, tan and toned legs unwinding from the car as she'd arrived, and quickly snapped himself out of it. They ordered their meals, and after the waitress left, he propped an elbow up on the table, cupping his chin in his hand and gave her his undivided attention.

"Since this is a blind date, and we know absolutely nothing about each other, how about we play 20 questions to get the ball rolling?" He smiled at Charley, wanting to push the dark lock of hair that had swung forward over her right shoulder and covered part of her right eye. She had unusually light hazel eyes, surrounded by thick, black lashes, that were absolutely captivating. He liked that she didn't have too much make up on, and he was already wondering what it would be like to kiss her lip gloss off her and see her lips bare and swollen with kisses. He shifted in his seat uncomfortably. He was a bit bemused by his reaction to her. He watched her take a sip of her white wine that had arrived and nod her assent.

"Ask away," she said, tucking her hands into her lap under the table and smiling a little shyly at him. She was adorable.

"Okay, let's start with the basics." He narrowed his eyes, pretending to grill her. "Age?"

"23," she responded, grinning at his attitude, which had been his intention. Her smile turned her from gorgeous to stunning. "You?"

"24 earlier this year," he winked. "Work?"

"I'm a designer, I have my own business," she replied. That was unexpected. He thought she might model with Caroline.

"You work for yourself? That's neat." Harry was impressed. "How did you get into that? What kind of design work?" He reached for his beer and took a sip, genuinely interested in her answer.

Charley twirled her wine glass slowly as she thought about her answer. "I've dabbled in branding and graphics - I worked for an agency for a couple of years, starting when I was 17, but when they moved more into web and app focused work, I decided to start doing some side freelance work. It quickly turned full time as I collected more and more clients and I try out different things. Sometimes it takes me to cool places. I'm busy, but I can work from home choosing my own hours, which I love," she flashed a smile at him, pausing a moment, but he didn't interrupt. She added with a teasing wink, "It also gives me time to go on blind dates - or get out of them. I have tough deadlines, you know."

Harry laughed at her blatant flirting, enjoying how her light hazel eyes glinted cheekily at him. "It's a good sign, then, that your phone is still tucked in your purse," he commented, waggling an eyebrow at her, enjoying her muffled laugh at his response. He couldn't stop smiling either, he probably looked like an idiot.

***

Charley was amazed. Dinner came and went, then dessert did too, and they couldn't stop talking, laughing and cracking jokes. It was effortless. She discovered he had been living in L.A. for a couple years, but his family was still back in the U.K. He had moved into a new house recently and she told him of her plan to get her own place soon, too. Finally, it became too late to stay at the restaurant and they picked up our coats, pulling them on as Harry paid.

Charley had wanted to pay for her own meal since it had been a blind date, not something Harry had invited her to, but he wouldn't hear of it. He'd pressed a hand to her hip and pretended to shove her away as she laughed and argued half-heartedly with him. She had to struggle not to look down at her hip as she waited for him as he paid, trying to play it cool. It felt like a hand print had burned into her side where he'd touched her. She smoothed a hand over the spot surreptitiously instead and shivered slightly. The chemistry between them was unreal, Charley thought. At least for me, she amended silently. The anticipation started to climb as she wondered which direction this date would go in. Would it be over already?