Harry Styles - Instant Attraction Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"See you tomorrow," Charley said with a smile. "Probably just as well as I can't make our lunch date, chat, whatever this is. I have a meeting with a real estate agent to view a house."

"Really! How come you haven't shared it with me?" Harry sat up straighter, surprised. "I didn't even know you were looking right now."

"I wasn't," Charley soothed with a smile. "Caro told me about a house near where she lived that's about to come up for sale, and she tipped the real estate agent to call me first. Friends with benefits and all that." She grinned.

"That's not what 'friends with benefits' means, sweetheart," Harry chuckled, shaking his head. "Okay, take a photo of the house and tell me all about it tomorrow - maybe we can go see it together this weekend if you like it."

Charley felt pleasure curl in her stomach again at the endearment and his sweet words. "Okay, great. I'll let you know how it goes."

"Okay, babe, I'll message you tomorrow when the car will be there."

Charley agreed and they hung up. Sighing as she got up to take her dishes to the sink, she glanced at the clock thinking that tomorrow night couldn't come soon enough.

--

The next day, Charley was just starting the house tour when she heard the dull buzz of her phone in the purse at her side. Ignoring it until she'd left the showing an hour and a half later, she checked it hoping it was Harry. It was.

HS: Hey babe, your car's waiting for you in your apartment's parking spot. See you soon, can't wait to see you. Hope the house tour went well [blowing kiss emoji]

Charley was confused and checked the time. It wasn't even two o'clock yet. What?

She slowly approached the taxi she'd called for, quickly tapping out a message to him.

CP: Harry, I thought we were meeting tonight? I only just got out of my meeting [thinking face emoji]

Had she misheard him? She hoped not, because then Ben or whichever of Harry's bodyguards would be sitting and waiting for quite some time.

As she got into the cab and recited her address, her phone buzzed again.

HS: Tonight is right. I just had it dropped off for you [car emoji] [winky face emoji] Call me when you get home

Charley stared at the text. This was getting even more confusing. He'd dropped a car off for her? Was she driving to see him? What the heck?

CP: Am I driving your car?

No reply. Not even any typing dots.

CP: Harry?

Nothing. Charley put her phone back into her purse and sat in the back seat of the cab, completely bemused. What was he up to?

The warm sunshine poured through the window as they wound through downtown LA, and she stared out at the mess of traffic and people all around her, wondering about how someone as normal as her had ever gotten involved with Harry Styles. She checked her phone again, but still nothing. The anticipation was starting to get to her.

Forcing herself to exit the cab demurely, she entered the apartment complex's lobby and went straight to the elevators, only this time hitting the garage button. Still ridiculously confused, Charley was surprised when the doors pinged open and she was confronted by a small group of people standing in front of a car. They were all facing it, blocking her view. Some were taking photos of it. Car lovers, Charley thought, weirded out. Giving them a strange look, she checked her phone again, but still no text reply from Harry.

Sighing, she called him as requested, and he answered first ring.

"You in the garage?" Harry burst out without greeting her, sounding breathless.

"Hi to you, too," she grinned into the phone, his enthusiasm infection despite her confusion and slight irritation. "Yes, I'm here. What's going on?"

"Go to your parking space," he demanded eagerly. "Four-oh-six." Like she didn't know her own apartment number. She rolled her eyes, despite Harry not being able to see the action.

"Okay, but you're weirding me out, just so you know," she said with a reluctant smile and started to look at the ground for the space numbers. "Some girls could say that's a deal breaker." She heard his breathy laugh on the other end of the line, shushing her and telling her to just do it. Harry was sounding positively giddy, and it was making her oddly excited despite her words.

"All right, give me a minute." She'd never had a car, so she didn't know where her park was. Three-nine-one was right in front of her, and she glanced right. Great, right towards the car freaks, she thought, hoping she wouldn't have to talk to Harry in front of them.

Edging closer, her footsteps slowed when she glanced down at the ground and realised they were rapidly counting upwards. Her heart alternatively sank then sped up when she realised the group of people who were excitedly talking and taking photos were standing in front of her parking space.

"Harry, what have you done? There's a mob of people here," she groaned, stomach flipping nervously. "If you've parked your Ferrari here for me to drive, I'll kill you. No, scratch that - I'll probably kill myself on the drive over."

Harry laughed with pure delight on the other end of the phone. "Really? Hang on, I'm putting you on FaceTime." Suddenly, the FaceTime ringer ran out and Charley hurriedly tapped on accept, turning away from the people in the garage and stopping a few spaces away. Looking into the screen, Harry's face appeared, smug as you like.

"Hey beautiful," he said and blew her a kiss with a wink. Charley scowled at him and he laughed again. He was positively high, she thought, realising this didn't bode well for her at all.

"Harry," she said sternly. "Look." She directed the phone camera towards the six or seven men who still weren't paying any attention to her. Turning it back towards herself, she raised an eyebrow. He was beaming back at her.

"Come on, go over there. Ben's waiting for you," he urged her.

He is? Charley craned her neck to look past the other men, not seeing the bodyguard. "You made Ben wait for me? You text me two hours ago!"

"Baby, he's fine, just go over there," he said impatiently.

"Fine," she scowled, and started to stomp over there to get it over with.

"Miss Pearce, over here," she heard a voice call as Ben stepped out from the crowd of men and smiled at her. Charley smiled back, she liked Ben, he'd always been so courteous when she'd been around him. Unfortunately, the other six men turned to stare at her as well, as Ben waited for her to approach. He was holding something out to her.

Charley's eyes flicked to the keys in Ben's hand, and then to Harry's face on screen. She took the keychain from Ben, examining it. The black proximity sensor had an Audi logo on it.

"I didn't know you had an Audi," Charley said to Harry with a frown, and he chuckled.

"I don't. But now you do," he said gleefully. "Happy Birthday!"

Charley froze in shock as the men in front of her heard Harry's words echo out and finally backed away from the glossy white car that sat in space four-oh-six. Oh. My. God. Charley's jaw hit the floor.

"Ben, take the phone off her." Charley dimly heard Harry call before feeling her phone being gently pulled away from her, not realising she'd dropped her hand to her side.

Numbly, she looked down at the key in her hand, then back at the giant red bow that sat on the white car's bonnet. Her mind whirled and she couldn't take it in. Ben was holding her phone up in front of her so Harry could see her. Her eyes flicked to his huge shit-eating grin and she snapped back to life.

"Harry, it's not my birthday," she breathed, her eyes round with shock as she stared at him, then back at the car. The guys around the car were laughing at her reaction and backing away to give her some space. She felt Ben's hand come round to her shoulder and gently push her towards the driver's seat at Harry's instruction.

Harry laughed. "I know, but I didn't know what else to yell when I surprised you with it," he said with obvious glee. It was so 'Harry' that she rolled her eyes, coming out of her stupor.

"Harry, this is ridiculous. I am not accepting this," Charley stated loudly, crossing her arms and jamming her heels into the ground. She gave Harry a steady look through the camera and now he rolled his eyes, albeit in an exaggerated manner to copy her.

"Of course you can," he coaxed in a sing-song voice. "If it makes you feel better, this is really a gift for me, anyway!" He seemed to be sitting at his desk, and now he leant back and steepled his fingers in an annoying manner that indicated he was very impressed with himself.

"Explain," Charley raised an eyebrow. This better be good.

"Well, now you can drive over with no underwear on instead of having to Uber-"

Charley made a strangled cry and grab for the phone, but it was too late. The group of men were howling with laughter and Ben was trying, and failing, to smother his grin. Charley closed her eyes for a minute as she felt herself turn beet red, then marched over to the car's front door. Unlocking and wrenching it open, she slammed it shut behind her before pulling her phone out to glare at Harry.

He had his hands over his mouth in a shocked gesture, eyes wide.

"Whoops," he said.

"Whoops?!" Charley couldn't even think of anything better to say, she was so mortified.

"I forgot Ben was holding the phone for you and those other guys were there."

He peeked out at her where she was now leaning her head back against the rest, eyes shut.

"So, you don't like the car?" He asked in very pathetic, very small voice.

Charley opened her eyes and sighed. She glared out the front window and gestured, grateful Ben got the hint and started to shepherd the other men away. He also snatched the giant bow off the bonnet, thank God.

"Harry, the car is beautiful, and you know it," Charley said grumpily, looking around at the slick interior. This thing had more buttons and dials than a rocket ship. It was beautiful. "But I still can't accept it."

Harry let out an exasperated breath. "I knew you'd be difficult about this. Anyone else would be thrilled - ecstatic even - to be given a new car, but not Charley Pearce, stubborn woman," he said wryly. He was only kidding, and Charley tried not to smile at his tone. She was still kind of mad at him.

Aware that she still wasn't saying anything much, he picked up his phone again so he could bring it closer to his face, fixing her with a more serious look. "Okay," he said, thinking hard. "What if we just call it a loaner - you can...borrow it...long-term from me. Would that make it easier to accept?"

Charley turned it over in her mind. Bizarrely, it did make her feel better about the whole thing. She took another surreptitious look around the car's flashy interior and reluctantly admitted how nice it would be to cruise around LA in this, or drive out to visit Harry whenever she wanted. She felt excitement bubbling up, but she cautioned herself. This isn't your car, remember, she cautioned herself, chewing her lip to stop the smile that was struggling to break out.

"You're giving in, I can tell," Harry said with a wide grin.

Charley ignored that, silent for a moment longer as she thought. "Okay, a loan," she stressed finally. "And any time you want it back, just say, okay?"

Harry whooped and slapped his thigh with his free hand, completely ignoring what she'd said. "So you do like it then? It's an Audi TT RS Coupe," he grinned happily, rattling off the meaningless letters to her. "I thought the sporty, two-door Coupe was exactly you, I could see you in it right away. Do you like the colour?"

Charley felt the smile she'd been fighting break loose across her face as she appreciated his excitement. "Harry, I love it. The white is sexy as hell. You did good," she admitted, then laughed as he fist-pumped.

"Come over right now. Don't even worry about an overnight bag, I have everything you need here," Harry said eagerly. He pouted with a pleading look for effect and Charley grinned, feeling the last bit of annoyance at him slip away. He had just bought her - no, loaned her - a brand new Audi.

In response, she pressed the brake down and pressed the start button, and the engine roared to life with a stunning sound that sent chills up her spine.

"Woo! Listen to it purr," Harry yelled from out the phone. Charley laughed, her hazel eyes sparkling at him as she let the full weight of what he'd done for her set down upon her. Emotion welled up suddenly, and she almost couldn't speak.

Catching her breath, she turned the phone around to show him the interior so she could regain composure before telling him she'd be there soon, and hanging up.

Wiping her eyes and staring around in amazement, Charley eased the handbrake off and pressed gently down on the accelerator. Vooooom!

"Bloody hell!" Charley exclaimed out loud as the car jerked forward, then swore as she jammed on the brake just as quickly. This would take a little getting used to.

She gave Ben a little wave after winding down the window to ask if he needed a ride - he didn't, his usual car was also here - then carefully cruised out into the LA afternoon.

A thrill ran through her as she wound all the windows down to let the wind catch her hair, and laughter burst from her suddenly. This car was amazing!

Taking far longer than she needed to to get to Harry's, Charley took a scenic route as she got to know the car. She finally ended up at his security gates and pressed the intercom.

"Well, well, well," Harry's British voice came over the speaker. "Someone's been enjoying themselves."

Charley giggled. "This car is brilliant, Harry! Now buzz me in so I can show you my gratitude," she said slyly.

A bark of laughter came over the speaker, but the gates didn't open. "Check the key ring I got you," Harry said mysteriously instead, and Charley complied, picking it up from the seat next to her.

The proximity sensor was on it, along with a pretty silver letter 'C', and another black remote. Charley had assumed it was for the car.

"See the other remote? Press the first button," he directed, and Charley did. The gates started to swing open in front of her and she let out a surprised huff of laughter.

"Harry, did you just give me the remote to your security gates as a romantic gesture?" Charley started to giggle.

There was a pause, and she imagined him clapping a hand to his face, before his voice crackled over the speaker again. "Just drive in before they shut, Pearce."

Charley grinned and drove through, depressing the remote button again and watching as the gates started to swing shut behind her immediately. She smiled widely. Harry had kind of given her a key to his house, and the thought made her heart flutter.

Parking outside the garage, Charley saw Harry step out of the front door, his hands in his pockets as he smiled at her through the windscreen. Her breath caught in her throat as she took him in - he was sexy as hell in a clinging black deep-necked t-shirt that showed off his swallow tattoos, and dark wash jeans. He was also barefoot, and somehow it just made him appear even sexier. Or maybe it's because no one else gets to see this side of him but me, Charley thought as she got out of the car, her heart stuttering wildly.

She wondered at his effect on her. Instead of the crazy chemistry between them abating as time passed, it only seemed to be picking up in speed and morphing into...into something more.

"I don't know if it's just me, but that car suddenly looks a hundred times sexier with you getting out of it," Harry said as she closed the door behind her and walked towards him. She laughed softly and threw her hands around his neck, loving how his hands immediately came up behind her to press her hips into his, and she kissed him deeply.

Pulling back with a chuckle, Harry grinned. "All right, all right. If I knew getting you a car would have this reaction I would have done it sooner," he murmured against her mouth and Charley scowled.

"I'm only borrowing it, remember," she said threateningly, and his body shook against her with his laughter.

He pulled further back to tease her. "So feisty! It's a good thing I like you so much."

Charley's heart squeezed and she kissed him again to shut him up. He smirked and kissed her back, changing the angle of the kiss to deepen it as he brushed his tongue against hers.

Harry's stomach started to tighten with the familiar feeling of arousal she always inspired in him, and he groaned.

"Baby, if you keep this up, we have to take this inside," he breathed as she started to trace her mouth down his jaw and sucked on the spot beneath his ear. It shot an arrow of electricity directly to his cock which was already springing to action at her attention.

He felt her chuckle against his neck as she pressed her breasts into him, and he gripped her backside hard with both hands.

Finally, Charley pulled back and grinned at him, admiring the effect her touches had had on him. His green eyes had darkened and a flush of pink lay high on his cheekbones.

He looked at her through half-closed eyes and suddenly, without volition, a thought slashed across her mind: I love this man.

Shocked and unprepared, Charley took a step away from him, eyes wide. What? No, no, no. You've been so careful!

Harry's desire-filled eyes changed to show surprise and he frowned, the two little creases between his eyes making an appearance.

"Are you okay?" He asked her as his hands loosened at her waist and he lifted his eyebrows to prompt an answer from her.

Charley stared at him a moment longer before blinking and flushing. She couldn't love him. Not already. It was way too quick. Wasn't it?

She wordlessly took in Harry's beautiful face, watching as concern etched into his features as she remained mute.

"Charley? What's wrong, baby?"

Concerned at the sudden change in her, Harry lifted a hand to her face and cupped her cheek. What was going on in that beautiful head of hers? She was pale all of a sudden.

He was relieved when she blinked and cleared her throat. "I-nothing. Sorry. I just thought...thought I'd forgotten something I had to do today. At work. But it's okay," she rushed out in a jumbled mess.

Harry looked at her curiously as she avoided his gaze. She wasn't telling him the truth, he was sure. Her face was flushed, an odd expression in her eye, but he decided not to press her. He had just surprised her with her own car after all, no matter how much she insisted she was just loaning it from him.

Harry had made sure Charley's name was on the registration papers. But she didn't have to know that, he thought with satisfaction.

Ignoring how hard she'd just made him with that amazing kiss, Harry took hold of her hand and dragged her over to the car.

For the next ten minutes he showed her all the cool features of the car, but despite her smiles and enthusiastic answers, he could tell something was bothering her.

It took all evening for him to cajole her out of it, until finally she was asleep in his arms on his sofa as the credits of the movie they'd watched rolled. They hadn't even had sex, which Harry thought was a miracle since they hadn't seen each other in a week. But her slightly distant behaviour had made him uneasy, and he'd followed her lead, noting that while she seemed to joke and chat easily with him, she didn't attempt to kiss him again.

Harry wasn't sure how to feel about it as he looked down at the girl laying on his chest, all sorts of emotions and feelings flooding through him. Holding her like this made him feel so powerful, like he could do anything. He wished they could be together more often.