Haven's Wood Ch. 03

Story Info
Alpha's mate tries to leave.
3.7k words
4.6
61.8k
68

Part 3 of the 7 part series

Updated 10/09/2022
Created 06/13/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Natasha had spent most of the night staring at the ceiling trying to reconcile her thoughts and her feelings. James had her tied up in knots. Just thinking about him made her well up with feelings, she definitely fancied him, he was after all the epitome of male perfection as far as she was concerned, but there was more to it than that. She felt as though she could trust him, as if she was safe with him, as if he would always be there when she needed him.

When she tried to explain these feelings is when she came up with a real problem. She couldn't. She barely knew the man and yet found herself considering what it might be like to spend her life with him. She considered herself to be a rational person, not prone to flights of fancy, and yet here she was day dreaming like a teenage girl. If she knew his surname she'd probably practicing her signature!

Natasha was completely exasperated with herself, especially as her thoughts hadn't stayed contained to James. She kept replaying her encounter in the woods in her mind. Visions of the large black wolf had plagued her when she had drifted off to sleep.

The more she thought on it the more she realised how little she had resisted the wolf, she hadn't even tried to stop it. She wished she could tell herself that she had been too afraid to stop it from ravishing her, but she knew that would be a lie. After the initial shock she hadn't been that afraid, mesmerised would be a better description. She had let it do what it had because she had enjoyed it, it had felt right. This thought rocked her to her core.

How could she trust her feelings, trust herself if THAT had felt right?

Natasha decided that her only real option was to leave. She wasn't running away she told herself, she was just leaving. Obviously she had been mistaken in thinking that Haven's Wood would be a place she could relax in. Besides she really should start to look for a new place to settle. She could afford to keep traveling for a couple more weeks, but then she'd need to find a job.

As soon as 7am arrived Natasha had her bag packed and was heading downstairs to checkout, and get out on the road again. She was shocked by what she saw in reception. Behind the reception desk chatting to the manager was James. She had hoped she could leave without seeing him again.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

James had been crushed when Natasha had walked out of the pub. He'd tried so hard not to push too fast. As soon as she left he realised that he didn't know what her plans were. She was visiting their little town but hadn't said for how long, where she lived, or where she was headed next.

After seeing his mate leave, the others in the pub knew to leave him alone and give him some space, so he spent the night brooding alone. Eventually he'd shifted so he could sleep under the window of her room outside the B&B. If he couldn't be with her, he could at least watch over her.

When the sun rose, he shifted back, got dressed and headed into the reception of the B&B; he didn't want to risk missing her if she decided to head out early. When he crept in he found Molly, the manager of the B&B setting up for breakfast. Molly, didn't know what to do when her alpha came in and started helping her with the morning set up without saying a word to her. She opened and closed her mouth a couple of times trying to think of something to say, she decided that silence was probably the best conversational gambit in this situation.

When they were finished, they headed back to the reception. James in a moment of inspiration asked if Natasha had filled out a details card when she had booked in. James was just handing the card back to Molly when he scented his mate coming down the stairs.

James was delighted to see her. She looked like she'd ben tossing and turning all night. Her long brown hair was tangled and frizzy. James thought she looked adorable, he was imaging how mussed she would look after a night in his bed. His pleasant thoughts shattered when he noticed that she was carrying her bag with her. She was leaving.

This thought awoke James's wolf. They would NOT let her leave.

As soon as Molly saw the looks between the two she made herself scarce. She did not want to be in that room right now, no matter how good the gossip might have been!

xxxxxxxxxx

Natasha steeled herself. She saw James's face light up when he saw her, and she couldn't fail to notice it drop when he saw her bag.

"Hi." Natasha awkwardly started.

"You're leaving." James stated not disguising the hurt and disappointment in his voice.

Natasha felt like she'd been punched in the stomach. She hadn't wanted to hurt him, she was just afraid of getting hurt herself. She didn't know what to do. She could feel her resolve to leave begin to waiver.

Then she felt her anger begin to flare. What right did he have to make her feel guilty, she didn't owe him anything. What was he even doing here? Waiting for her in the lobby of a hotel was a little stalker like. She was about to share her thoughts with him when she felt him taking her bag from her.

"What are you doing?" Natasha demanded, clinging on to her anger, afraid to let go of it lest some other feelings took her over again.

"I'm being a gentleman, and carrying your bag for you." James replied nonplussed by her tone. He did not however head outside to the car park but instead headed into the dining room. Realising she wasn't following him he added "You don't think I'm letting you leave without breakfast do you? It's the most important meal of the day!"

Natasha shook her head feeling completely bemused by his behaviour. She supposed it was only fair to say goodbye properly, rather than skulking off without a word. So she followed him in.

On entering the room, she was hit by the beautiful scent of lilies. James was sat at a table in the middle of the room. In the centre of the table was a stunning glass vase with an arrangement of red and white lilies. Natasha couldn't help that notice that in contrast the other tables had a single small plastic daisy for decoration.

"Did you put these here?" Natasha asked "I love Lilies." she added quietly.

"Then I'm very glad I picked them." James beamed, very pleased with himself, maybe he could persuade her to stay.

Natasha stood behind her chair, trying to keep some distance between them. She took a deep breath and let it out slowly before beginning.

"James, firstly I want to say that I'm sorry about the way I left last night, it was very rude of me and you didn't deserve it. I was feeling overwhelmed. After my experience in the woods, I guess I was feeling a little shaken. And I like you, which is kind of a new thing for me, liking someone."

James was listening intently, watching her lips and her eyes drinking her in as she spoke to him. He felt a rapturous rush of joy when she admitted her interest in him. Then came the word he didn't want to hear.

"But," As Natasha said this, she saw James shake his head, minutely his eyes begging her not to continue.

"But, I'm not sure this is the place, for me. It would be wrong to start something if I'm not going to be staying. It would be too hard for both of us. Besides we hardly know anything about each other. I enjoyed our evening together and I think we should leave it at that. So thank you for the pleasant memories and goodbye."

Natasha felt as though something inside herself was tearing as she said this, but she had to leave. She was reaching for her bag, when James suddenly stood up.

"No." He said resolutely.

James was now stood between Natasha and her bag.

"What do you mean 'no'?" Natasha asked .

"I'm not going to let you leave, especially not when your reasons for doing so are nonsense."

Natasha felt herself getting annoyed, but if she was going to leave she couldn't get drawn into a discussion with him.

"I'm sorry you feel that way." Natasha replied, as she tried to get round him to grab her bag.

As she tried to dodge past him James grabbed her firmly by the shoulders to stop her.

"I said no." his voice had become dangerously soft. Natasha tried to step back from him but he held on not letting her move.

Natasha looked up into his face as she was about to ask him to let her go, but the words died on her lips when she thought she saw a shimmer of amber pass across his eyes.

James took a breath to calm himself before continuing.

"You say we don't know each other, then let's get to know each other. You're writing this off before you even give it a chance. I know you can feel that there's something special between us. Why are you so eager to throw this away? Give me one good reason and I'll get out of your way. Tell me why you're really running away." James pleaded with her, his emotion raging, from anger to despair and frustration.

Natasha said nothing, her head dropped. She felt tears stinging at her eyes.

James waited growing impatient.

He gave her a little shake "Tell me." he said more gently.

"I'm afraid." She whispered.

"Of what?" James pushed.

"That I could fall in love with you, and then you'll realise that you don't want me, when you find out."

"Find out what?" James asked trying to look into her face, but she continued to avoid his gaze.

"That I'm a freak."

"What do you mean." James asked his confusion mounting.

"I didn't tell Katie everything that happened in the woods." Natasha said haltingly, tears beginning to roll down her face.

Before she could go any further James interrupted, he couldn't bear the pain she was in, that he had caused.

"I know what happened in the woods Natasha. You have nothing to be ashamed of I promise you."

Natasha's head snapped up, her eyes filled with confusion and suspicion.

"What do you mean? Did you follow me? Did you watch what happened? How ... How could you?"

Her cheeks flushed red with shame and embarrassment. How could this man have watched what happened and done nothing, said nothing?

"It's not what you think. I need you to calm down so I can explain it to you."

Natasha wanted to scream at him. Why should she let him explain? What was there to explain? Nothing he could say would make this right. She was about to scream this into his face, when she really looked at him. He seemed to be in turmoil, he was so upset. The moment she realised this, her rage and anger slipped away. She had no idea why but she suddenly wanted to comfort him, tell him it was alright.

"OK." She said softly.

She took a step backwards and her let her go. She pulled out the chair and sat down. She turned her tear stained face towards him

"Explain."

"I need you to promise that you will hear me out." James said

Natasha nodded her head mutely. James looked at her intently, as if trying to decide if she was ready. Finally he sighed and began.

"I know what happened with the wolf, because I am the wolf" He paused looking into her eyes, trying to gauge her reaction. But Natasha just looked back at him impassively.

"I'm a werewolf. I have two natures that exist in one body. The reason I did what I did in the woods is because you're my mate. All werewolves have a mate, the one person that is the other half of their soul.

I picked up your scent in the pub and I knew, before I even saw you that we were meant to be together, that you were mine. My wolf wanted to claim you to let the world know that you belong to us. Katie persuaded me that I should calm down before I met you, so I went for a run.

I didn't know that you would be there, so when I found you and you were running away from me, my instincts took over, I had to chase and catch you. When I realised that you were hurt I couldn't leave you so I healed your wound. That was all I was going to do, but then I smelt your arousal, and I couldn't resist. I'm sorry."

"That's it?" Natasha asked.

James nodded still trying to figure out what she was thinking.

The sound of Natasha's hand connecting with James's face rang around the room.

"How dare you make fun of me like that? Do you think so little of me that I would believe a story like that?"

Natasha began to rise out of the chair, intending to grab her bag and leave, with no regrets this time.

James however had no intention of letting her leave. He placed himself in front of her one hand on each arm of the chair, preventing her from leaving. His face so close to hers he could feel her breath upon his cheek.

Natasha stared into his face, and once again thought that she saw a flicker of amber across his eyes. She sat back down into the chair.

"I told you before that I don't lie Natasha." James said through gritted teeth. "I understand that it is a lot to accept and I am sorry to tell you this so soon, but you left me no other choice. I can't live without you."

Natasha was scared, he was sounding more and more like a crazed stalker as the conversation continued. She didn't know what to say.

"OK, this is what we are going to do." James said, in a slightly calmer voice. "You are going to sit in that chair. You are not going to run. You are not going to scream. I am going to show you that I am telling you the truth. Can you do that?"

Natasha nodded her head; she had no idea how he was going to prove that he was in fact a werewolf, she'd just let this play out.

James backed away from her never letting his eyes leave hers. He pulled off his shirt revealing a smooth sculpted chest with a natural six pack. He watched with amusement as Natasha's eyes began to roam over his body. When he started to remove his jeans she began to blush. He'd love to know how far down her blush went. As soon as she realised that there was nothing under his jeans Natasha's eyes snapped up to the ceiling. James found her innocence very alluring.

"Look at me" James growled at her "I want you to watch so you can't say it was a trick"

Natasha dragged her eyes form the ceiling and made sure that they stayed on James's face and nowhere else.

As soon as James was sure that he had her attention he began to shift into his wolf. The air sang with the sound of bones snapping and reforming in a new shape. Black fur sprouted all over his body. His face elongated and his ears began to grow larger. It took less than 20 seconds for James to complete his transformation.

In front of Natasha now stood the wolf that had haunted her dreams last night. He really was a beautiful creature. He stood almost as tall as the table at which she sat. She could tell that his chest was strongly muscled, and his fur looked invitingly soft. She noticed now that he wasn't truly black that there was in fact a splash of white fur along his belly.

James lay down after he had shifted. He flattened his ears and tried to look as non-threatening as is possible for a 60kg wolf. But Natasha didn't look as though she was going to panic. In fact she looked rather calm, to James's surprise.

In fact she suddenly burst out laughing. James sat up and cocked his head at her, confused by her reaction. This gesture just seemed to set her off laughing even more. James waited until she calmed. Then she simply said.

"I guess this is what insanity feels like."

She began to mutter under her breath "I'm must be hallucinating. I'm going to count to 10 and then this is going to be over."

Natasha did just that she closed her eyes and began to count. There was still a wolf in front of her when she opened her eyes.

"James?" she asked tentatively.

James slowly nodded his head.

"So this is real? You really are a werewolf"

James nodded again.

Natasha sat submerged in her thoughts. It was just too much, she decided. Either she was losinf her mind, or the man she'd just met was in fact a werewolf. Whichever was the case, she decided that staying here, was not an option.

"You're a werewolf. You asked me to give you a reason for me to leave, I think this is it." Natasha calmly stood up, picked up her bag and began to walk away. She heard whimpering from behind her but forced herself to ignore it.

She pulled the door to the dining room open, only for it to slam shut again. She was suddenly very aware that James was stood very close behind her. His arms either side of her trapping her.

"I told you I wouldn't let you leave." James whispered right next to her ear.

The sensation of his breath by her ear, and his body so close sent shivers down her spine. Her bag slipped from her fingers thudding to the floor. She turned to face him, her back pressed against the door. His body. His naked body, was so close to hers that she could feel the heat radiating from him. The intensity in his eyes took her breath away.

James leaned closer, so that they were breathing the same air. He ran the back of his finger down the curve of her cheek until he had captured her chin.

"I need you Natasha." he breathed as he gently pulled her face up to meet his kiss.

His lips brushed against hers, softly at first, just a whisper of a touch. When she didn't pull away he became bolder, pressing a little more firmly, tracing his tongue across the seam of her lips. Natasha felt her senses being assaulted by his presence, all of her being was focussed on the point where their lips met. All rational thought fled her mind.

She felt the press of his tongue on her lips, and gasped with the pleasure of it. James took this opportunity to plunge his tongue into her mouth. He explored her mouth, claiming it, their tongues dancing together in the passionate exchange.

James's spare hand began to run down her body, teasingly brushing along the side of her chest, down to the curve of her hip, before cupping her ass to gently pull her against his body. He pressed her core against his raging erection.

"Feel what you do to me," he groaned.

His hand slid down from her chin caressing her neck. He followed the hand with his mouth peppering hot wet kisses down her neck, occasionally letting his teeth brush against her fevered skin. His hand continued it's path down, to slip under her shirt. He ran his thumb over a lace clad nipple, drawing a surprised moan from her.

Every touch fanned the fire of lust burning inside her. She tentatively reached her hands out to James. She ran her fingertips over the muscles in his arms running upwards until they were entwined in his hair are he continued to worship her neck.

James's hand dropped from beneath her shirt and began to tug at the buttons on her jeans, so he could slide his hand inside.

Natasha felt a flash of fear lance through her. It snapped her back to reality when she felt his hand on her jeans, this was going too far, too fast.

She reached down to grab his hand and stop it's advance. When her hand closed around his arm to stop him, she begged softly

"James, please not here, not like this."

James heard her plea, he growled in frustration deep in his chest, she felt the vibration send tingles of sensation through her body. He knew he had to stop but he didn't know if he had the selfcontrol to do so for long.

He pressed his forehead against hers, his breathing ragged.

"I need you to promise that you aren't going to leave, that you're going to give this a chance." he told her.

"Ok." she said shakily

"I need to hear you say it Natasha, my wolf needs to hear it." he insisted

Natasha took a breath "I promise I won't leave right now, that I'll keep an open mind."

James locked his gaze onto hers, his displeasure at what she had said showing.

"If I promised anymore I'd be lying, and I won't do that." Natasha said with a little more confidence than she really felt.

James looked at her for a moment as if he was searching for answers in her eyes.

"Fine." He picked up her bag, and headed over to his pile of clothes. He pulled his jeans on with some difficulty as his cock was still hard and throbbing. He didn't even bother with his shirt; he just threw it onto the bag. Then he strode from the room, Natasha's bag in one hand and Natasha's hand firmly held in the other.

12