Hawke and his Princess Chapter 17

Story Info
Hawke and Elayne go to Lothering and find some excitement.
10.6k words
5
122
1

Part 7 of the 8 part series

Updated 04/19/2024
Created 03/13/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 17: Elayne and Hawke's date night.

After Hawke and Elayne made it to Lothering, and had dropped off the horses, Hawke looked at the two soldiers, "you guys do know you don't have to follow us don't you? Go to the Inn and enjoy yourselves. I'm quite capable of taking care of Elayne and myself." He gestured to the swords on his back.

"Sorry, my Lord, but we can't do that, we now work for you and our job is to protect you. You take that away, then who are we?"

"I understand," Hawke sighed. "Fine then, since Elayne's my wife it's your job to protect her also right?" They nodded. "Good then, that's your job when were not on the farm, but I have one request while were here. I want to do something special for her tonight, just her and I. When I ask you to leave I don't care what you do but will you please give us a couple of hours of alone time together please?"

They looked at each other, nodded and looked back at Hawke. "That we can do my Lord, just let us know when."

"Good, thank you gentlemen, now on to Danal's." He looked down at Elayne and was pleased to see her without her jacket, even though it was in Snowball's saddlebags. He slipped his arm around her waist possessively and escorted her inside. When they walked into the Inn, Hawke saw that Danal seemed a little more busy this time of day than usual. Danal acknowledged Hawke with a nod as he scurried past, telling Hawke and his companions to find a table to sit down at. Hawke told everyone to order what they wanted, judging by the crowd, he didn't know how long this was going to take.

Elayne looked around hesitantly, "Arik, why is everyone staring at us, more specifically you?" He had noticed that himself, but he had no idea, and he had more pressing issues.

"I don't know hun, the fact that Danal has more people in here this time of day then usual is a little odd."

Just then Danal came over, "sorry Hawke, as you can see it's been a little busier than normal the last couple of days. So what can I get you?"

"If you don't mind me asking, why, I know it's in between meals but is there something going on that I didn't know about?"

Danal cleared his throat, gave Hawke a quick glance before looking away. "Danal, what's going on, if there's a problem can I help? We're friends, just tell me."

He looked back at Hawke and sighed. "It's because of you."

"Excuse me?" Hawke asked incredulously, not sure if he heard right.

"Their here hoping to get a chance to see and meet you." Danal said, giving Hawke a sympathetic look.

"Why in the bloody hells do they want to do that. I'm nobody," Hawke almost shouted. Elayne put her hand on his arm, he looked down at her then back up at Danal. He softened his voice, "sorry Danal, I didn't mean that, please forgive me. And why, pray tell, are they hoping for that?"

Just then he heard a voice he wished he hadn't, and he closed his eyes and groaned. Mike had come in with five brutes, and he had a feeling he could see where this was going as Mike looked over at him with a sneer. He looked at his men, "no matter what, protect her with your life." He stared at them until they nodded. He turned to Elayne, "do not get involved no matter what, if I tell you to move then you move and leave. Please don't fight me on this Elayne." She finally nodded.

"Well if it ishn't the bloody hero and shavior." Mike bellowed, his words slurring. Suddenly all eyes turned to Hawke. "What did you come to do today? What other fantashtic feats are you going to produce for ush today, Hawke?"

Danal came to stand in front of Hawke, "you aren't welcomed in here Mike, you have been told that numerous times, now please leave my customers alone and get out of my Inn before I call the city watch."

Hawke stood up and moved Danal behind him but not before telling him he'd handle it, and he'd pay for any damages. Both Danal and Hawke knew that Mike had been itching for a fight with Hawke for a while now, seemed Mike was going to get what he wanted after all.

He stood there with his arms crossed, letting his body relax, so he didn't seem like a threat. Maybe they could avoid any bloodshed, 'ya right,' Hawke thought. "What do you want Mike, I've got business to tend to, I'm not here for you. Why don't you take your friends out of here and go enjoy yourselves elsewhere."

"I'm not going anywhere, you bloody bashtard. I'm here to pay you back for everything that you've made me lose." He pointed at Elayne, "because of that bitch,"

Hawke moved his shoulders, "careful there Mike, she's Bryce Cousland's, the Teryn of Highever's daughter. But most importantly she's my wife, and you will be treating her with the respect she deserves or no one will stop me from getting to you." He glared at the thugs, "that's the only warning I'm giving you," before he put his hot eyes back on Mike. The temperature in the room went up. Hawke saw his soldiers and Danal backing Elayne towards an exit.

"Oh, your wife ish it, then doesh the all mighty Hawke go by Lord Arik now," Mike spat. "I don't care who she ish or who you are, ever since you interfered I've losht my wife, my home, all because of that she bitch."

All of a sudden the room was full of suppressed violence, as though a storm was about to explode in the center of it, and Hawke was the storm. He nodded as he stepped forward, his voice low and deadly. "Don't say I didn't warn you Mike, and your goons aren't going to save you."

He ducked when a meaty fist came towards his head as he slammed his fist into the guys' chest, Hawke felt bones break on impact as the guy went down, not moving. Two more came at him, one tried to tackle him from the waist while the other tried to punch him in the head. Hawke kicked hard at the closest one in the knee, and he heard a bone break before the guy went down with a scream. The other guy grabbed Hawke around the waist and tried to squeeze him, but Hawke's arms where still free. He grabbed the guy by the back of his head and rammed his knee into the guys face, he collapsed at Hawke's feet.

The last two were even more stout, but he didn't care, Mike was the only thing on his agenda as he stalked towards him. Hawke was on them before they could react. He punched one so hard in the face, the guy grabbed his nose as blood gushed everywhere.

Hawke took a punch in the gut, but he didn't allow it to stop him, hesitation could lead to death. He stopped the punch to his face with his hand and squeezed it, hearing bones pop. Hawke's other fist went under the guys chin, lifting him up off the ground and tossing him to the side. He was on Mike before he could move. He grabbed him by the throat and slammed him up against the wall.

Mike wheezed, having problems breathing with Hawke's hand around his throat. "Hawke please, I'm sorry. I've been out of my mind since my wife left me. I know I was a poor excuse for a husband, but I did love her." Mike was in tears but all Hawke saw was rage with Mikes death. He had taunted Hawke into this for the last time. He started squeezing his neck, Mikes face started turning purple.

"Hawke, STOP!" Elayne yelled behind him from across the room.

Hawke paused relaxing his grip on Mike but keeping him pinned, "give me one reason why I shouldn't eliminate this piece of shit right now. He has been taunting us since that night. He's the one that brought his goons in here the last time, then he sent his friends after us outside of town. I have needlessly killed because of this garbage. So tell me Elayne why shouldn't I eliminate this thorn in my side once and for all," Hawke said in a cold commanding voice that everyone heard, shivers going down their bodies.

She touched his arm, flooding his mind with comfort, of her love for him, of their life together, of the girls he saved. "Because my love, you're better than he is. Unlike him, you value life over death. Unlike him, you have morals. Remember the girls you saved, would he have done that? Everyone knows he wouldn't of, his behavior here tonight shows he doesn't. He talked the guys into trying to take you out. He's not worth it Hawke."

Hawke studied Mike, as the anger seethed in him, staring Mike straight in the eyes. "Apologize!" he snarled at Mike.

"Hawke I..."

Hawke squeezed, "not to me, to my wife because it's her that's going to determine whether you live or not, now apologize," Hawke spat.

Mike looked at her with tears falling down his face, begging her to forgive him. "Lady Elayne, I truly apologize for everything I've done and said about you and Hawke. I'd get down on my knees and beg for your mercy." Hawke dropped him, Mike got on his knees in front of Elayne, tears running down his face. "Please will you accept my deepest apology, I beg of you please?"

Elayne squeezed Hawke's arm. "Get out of my site and if anyone and I mean anyone comes after me or my family because you're a piece of shit coward, I will find you and I will not give you another chance," Hawke shouted. "Do you hear me Mike, do you understand that the only reason you're walking out of here now is because of Elayne?" Mike nodded. "Now get out of my sight and never come back into this establishment again. Go clean yourself up, you smell like shit, you coward."

Hawke watched Mike run out of the Inn before he would allow himself to relax. Elayne ran her hand up and down his back, why was she in here anyways, he had distinctly told both her and the soldiers to get her out. When he turned around to confront her, she was starring him straight in the eyes. "I love you Arik Hawke, and I'm proud of you." He deflated.

He looked down at himself and saw the blood all over him. He looked around the room, three of the goons were moving. Hawke checked on the other ones. The one had a cracked sternum was still alive but barely and the other was knocked out cold but still breathing. Hawke laid his hand on the one with the crushed chest and trickled in a little healing magic, not enough to be detected but enough to allow the guy to breath just a little bit better and to heal some bones. "Fetch a healer quickly or this one won't survive. They'll all survive if you get them medical attention now."

One of the goons looked at Hawke confused, "what kind of monster worries if we live or die. Mike said you were a cold-blooded monster that needed to be taken out. That's the only reason why we agreed to help him. He said that all this attention you've been getting was a cover-up for what you really are. But you're not acting like anything Mike said you where."

Danal came over, "that's because Hawke isn't what Mike said. Hawke's exactly the person who people have been talking about. He cares if you live because he cares about your life. Hawke knows Mike and how underhanded and manipulative he is. Buddy, next time pick better people to hang out with." Danal said in disgust and turned to Hawke, "a healer was already sent for. They should be here any minute. Would you like a room to clean up in?"

Hawke nodded wearily,"and I need new clothes, I still got business to take care of. You and I need to talk Danal, before I leave please." Danal handed him a key and told him when Hawke was ready they'd talk.

Hawke walked up the stairs with Elayne in front of him and the soldiers standing guard outside the door, he heard people rushing in, demanding answers when he closed the door behind him.

He went into the washroom and stripped off his bloody shirt and cleaned what he could up, then walked back out into the room and sat down on the bed beside Elayne. She put her hand on his arm, "Hawke are you ok? I'm sorry that happened, are you sure their going to live?"

"Yeah, I'm sure as long as the healers competent, I shattered some bones on one guys chest, but I trickled some healing magic into him to at least help him breathe better." He felt her stir beside him. "Don't worry it can't be detected, it was just tiny enough to ease his breathing a bit, to give him a chance." He looked over at her with concern, "Elayne this isn't me, it's not who I am. I must seem like a person who likes violence, but I'm not. I promise you that. I'm so sorry you keep getting dragged into this. It all started because of that worthless..."

Elayne laid her finger over his mouth. "If you wouldn't of helped me that night we don't know what could have happened. Hawke, I don't regret that night, a very wonderful, extremely handsome young man came into my life that night. One that I love with all my heart and soul." She grabbed his face and kissed him.

"I love you Elayne. Would you do me a favor please, ask the soldiers to come in for a minute." She nodded and went to the door asking the guys to come in. "Gentlemen, would you do me a favor? I'm in dire need of some new clothes, would you please escort Elayne to a store, so she can get me some and don't let her out of your site for even a second please." They nodded, and he gave Elayne some coin, "would you see if Danal can be pulled away but only when the authorities have left"

Larry jumped in, "the authorities have already come and gone and the injured have been taken away."

"Thank you, Larry." He turned back to Elayne, "I really need to talk to Danal so let him know please."

"I will hun, you just relax, and I'll be back." Elayne walked out of the room with the soldiers following right behind. Hawke sighed, why did this keep happening lately? He didn't understand and it was frustrating him. A knock on the door brought him alert. Another knock came and Danal called out, Hawke let him in, "thank you for coming, Danal. How much damage was done? I told you I'd take care of it."

Danal laughed, "surprisingly only one table, but I got plenty more. The authorities came asking questions, all I told them was a bar fight broke out and the one that instigated it had already run out. They asked a couple of other patrons, and they gave the same story, surprisingly, even the idiots you knocked around collaborated the story. Your name never got mentioned. As far as the injured, they will all live even the one you were worried about. The healers actually knew what they were doing. The injured will be laid up for a while healing, but they'll all live. Now what can I help you with?"

Some of the tension eased in him as he explained what he needed from Danal. "I need someone to watch the farm for at least a week. The family and I are going to Highever, I want to check on some horse's Bryce, sorry, the Teyrn, wants me to look at, possibly to breed Midnight with. And the family needs to get out. I need someone who's trustworthy and not lazy. All they have to do is milk the cows, collect the eggs and clean the stalls out. They can even use the guest house, so they don't have to make the trip every day. We leave early in two days, do you know of anyone?"

"I might, when you heading back to the farm today," Danal asked.

"I want to take Elayne out to a romantic dinner, then we'll leave after."

Danal nodded. "Hawke can I ask you a question, you told Mike that Elayne was your wife, is that true, because I know you son, you've only known her for only a few weeks."

Hawke sighed, "do you believe in fate and destiny and all that?" Danal shrugged, "I know how it sounds but think about it. What were the chances of me finding those two girls in a city with hundreds if not more. I happened to be in the right place at the right time. Elayne and I are meant to be together, call it fate, destiny, or whatever. We spoke our vows to each other and our souls, hearts literally became one, even our minds, Elayne and I are bonded together. When we told the Teyrn, he saw our relationship for what it was and he acknowledged our marriage. I know how this all sounds, heck if it hadn't happened to me, and I was told the story I'd be going your nuts. But it did happen to us."

"I believe you Hawke, you've always had a clear head, I also see the way you guys are with each other, you'd think that you guys have been together for years not weeks. And the fact that the Teyrn approved it tells me a lot. So, they've been staying with you since they all left here that day?"

"Yes, seems Eleanor and my mom knew each other when they were younger, so they rekindled their friendship and I offered up the guest house to them until they want to leave."

"Well, let me look into your request, I think I already have a couple in mind. Get back to me before you leave after dinner."

"Thank you sir, much appreciated and sorry about what transpired downstairs."

"Don't worry about it, Mike's been trouble for years. He just ran into someone who won't be bullied. You did good Hawke, I'm proud of you and your father would be too." He walked out the door before Hawke saw the tears forming in his eyes, he was proud of that boy, always had been. Hawke was the son he never had.

Finally, Elayne and the soldiers came back, and the guys stood guard at the door outside. "Any problems," he asked her.

"No, but did you know that the name Arik Hawke is on a lot of peoples lips in this city?" She said proudly and saw his eyes get a haunted look. "Hawke it's ok, it's nothing bad. People have nothing but high regard and respect for you in this town. Now get dressed and let's get out of here," she handed him the package.

He went into the washroom and stripped off his pants. Washed the rest of himself up again making sure there was no blood anywhere, even washed his hair. He even made sure that he was cleanly shaved. He opened the package, inside was a pair of pants and of course since it was Elayne who got the items the pants where tight, why did she insist on that, he'd have to remember to ask about it. The shirt was a... he walked into the other room.

"Elayne, I can't wear this, its purple. I don't wear purple." He held the shirt up to her.

"Hawke quit being silly, it's a very dark purple. Put it on and see what else goes with it, trust me, it's very manly."

"But it's purple," he growled before he headed in the other room and tried it on. Silk, silk and purple, bloody woman. Then he saw one more thing in the package. It was a vest, black, adorned with silver buttons and silver trim. He tried it on, buttoned it. He looked at himself in the mirror. Bloody woman, he had to admit it did look good but who was he to judge. He went to throw out the package, but he felt something else in it. A bottle, curious he opened it up, cologne, he didn't wear cologne, but it smelled good, a spicy leather smell, so he put a little on. After making sure there was nothing else in the package, he threw it out. He burnt the bloody clothes and disposed of the ashes, leaving no evidence. He made sure he had everything else, strapped on his swords and walked out to where she was.

"You know I don't wear cologne but thank you, Elayne are you ok?"

"Hawke," Elayne said breathlessly, "you look devastatingly delicious. You may not like that color, but it goes with you. And add in the vest, it all compliments you very well." She walked over to him, ran her hand down the clothes. She unbuttoned a couple of buttons on his shirt, fixed his collar, letting the shirt open more, revealing some of his chest hair, before pulling his head down to hers briefly.

"Much better and you smell good too. Come lets go." She grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the room, he made one last sweep making sure he had everything and they headed downstairs. He looked around the dinning room, there was no evidence of a fight earlier. He noticed that there were more patrons in, but it was still at least two hours before dinner. He walked over to Danal and handed back the key thanking him.

"Arik Hawke, I've never seen you look so dressed up, it suits you if you don't mind me saying."

"Thanks Danal, but I feel foolish, you know this isn't me."

"Get use to it my boy. Look who's beside you, a real beauty you got there Hawke. You both look good together, you belong together, even I can see that. You did good son." He turned away to take care of a customer but not before Hawke saw his eyes mist up. Danal and his dad had been very good friends, he knew that Danal was also missing his father.