Hawke and his Princess Chapter 19

Story Info
The trip to Highever begins for the Cousland's and Hawke's.
8.1k words
4.88
477
3

Part 15 of the 15 part series

Updated 04/26/2024
Created 02/18/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note:

I would like to take a second and thank Helgamite for his help with the Tower and Templar description.

Thank you kind sir.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Chapter 19: Trip to Highever

Hawke woke early, his night restless. He was nervous about this trip, so many things that had happened within weeks. He got up, threw on some clothes and headed out to the living room, started a fire and was preparing breakfast by the time Elayne came out with her robe on, yawning.

"You need coffee Hawke, especially on early mornings like this."

He brought her over a cup that had cream on top, "try this, it's better than coffee. Come sit down and eat, sunrise is fast approaching."

Elayne took a drink from her cup after sniffing it. She looked at him in awe. "Hot cocoa, I love this stuff. Why didn't you tell me you had some?" She asked upset.

"Well first of all, I forgot I had some, and I didn't realize how much you loved chocolate until the other night. But now that I know, I'll make sure to keep it around," he chuckled.

Once breakfast was done, she headed to the room to get dressed, and called him in. When he went to the room she was spread out on the bed, naked. She beckoned him over, "come here Hawke, I know you're tense and nervous. I can feel it, let me help you relax some," she saw him pause, something was definitely going on for him to hesitate.

She crawled across the bed, grabbed him and pulled him closer. She undid his pants and pulled them down and put her mouth on him, flicked her tongue over the tip and in an instant he was hard. She pumped her mouth up and down him while her hands moved over him. He groaned, grabbed her head and thrust himself further into her mouth. He pumped in and out of her, she felt him thicken, and he spilled his seed into her.

She looked into his eyes licking her lips, he growled, pushed her back into the bed, grabbed her legs, spread them wide and put his head between them shoving his tongue deep inside her. He showed no mercy with her. He demanded, she gave, he was relentless in his love making. She gave him what he demanded, needed, wanted.

When they were finally satisfied he looked down at her, brushing the hair from her face. "I didn't hurt you did I baby?" He looked worried, and she soothed him.

"No my love, I'm fine, relaxed, content and I see you are too. Any discomfort I may feel is well worth it. I love you Hawke." She put her lips to his, put her arms around his neck and pulled him down to her.

After a while he looked down at her, put his hand on her head and she felt warmth flowing through her. Whatever aches, discomforts she felt were gone, she couldn't help but think that having a husband as a mage was a great thing. He chuckled at her, and she realized he had seen the thought.

"I love you Elayne. Thank you baby. Now get up and get dressed before your father comes looking for you." He rolled over and smacked her rear.

When they finally got to where everyone was gathered, the girls came running up to them. They were excited to be riding in the carriage. He looked inside, they would definitely have plenty of room. He saw blankets and pillows for the girls along with food and drinks. The soldiers grabbed his and Elayne's stuff and put their bags on top with everyone else's.

The horses where saddled and ready, all they were waiting for is everyone to get in their places. Elayne looked at him, worry on her face.

"You have nothing to worry about princess, I swear I will be along shortly, I promise baby, I love you." He kissed and hugged her, and she got on Snowball. He watched as they rode out.

He headed over and started working on getting the chores done. By the time he were taken care of the group was already past the crossroads and making good time heading towards the Circle Tower. He made sure that the main house was secured, and he put a shield around it.

He then headed to his house, stripped off his clothes and cleaned himself up in the lake. Elayne was right, it was getting chilly. He heard her chuckling in his head, seems distance wasn't diminishing their bond.

"I love you baby," he chuckled.

"I love you too Hawke, now hurry up and get dressed and get your ass moving, The girls and I miss you." With amusement, he did as she ordered, after making sure his house was secured and shielded. He apologized to Midnight as he put the saddle on him.

"Sorry buddy, but we got a long distance to go, I'll make it up to you. You know you're part of the reason I'm going up there. Gonna check out some fillies for you." After doing another check, making sure everything was good he got on his horse heading out. He let Elayne know he was on his way.

When she had left the farm she couldn't help worrying. She hated leaving him, they really hadn't been apart. She knew that he would be gone for a month, but she still had time until then. When they got to the main road she could still feel him, and was thrilled to realize that their bond was still just as strong. Earlier when the girls, especially Rose realized Hawke wasn't with them, she started getting upset until Elayne got in the carriage with them. She soothed them and promised that he would be with them soon.

Rose looked up at Elayne with a tear streaked face, "I miss my papa, you promise he's coming?" Elayne looked at her and wiped the tears from her little face before she ran her hand down Rose's hair and pulled Rose to her.

"Yes sweetheart, he's coming, I promise." Rose put her arms around her and snuggled up to her. Once they were settled down she got back on her horse. She saw that Hawke was cleaning up, saw his thought on how chilly the water was, and she chuckled at him and told him to hurry up and get to her. She looked at the girls and told them he was on his way, and they started getting excited. She wanted to wait for him, but she had to keep her promise. When he caught up to them, they were almost to the River Dane.

When he finally appeared there seemed to be a lot of sighs of relief from everyone. He looked at them all and chuckled, "really guys, I said I was coming and that I would be ok." He rode over to Elayne, took her off her horse and put her in front of him.

"Besides, my lady gave me a command, one that I was definitely willing to obey." He put his mouth to her ear, "I missed you too baby."

When they made a brief stop the girls came running over giving him a hug. "Elayne said you would be here and she was right. How did she know you were on your way," Rose asked.

"Well little one, Elayne and I have a special bond, she knows where I am, and I know where she is. She felt me coming towards you, that's how she knew." They didn't have a chance to ask anything else, before Bryce had them back on the road.

The Tower came into view way before they even got to it. 'What a horrible place to live,' he thought. No freedom, not having a life outside it. From this distance stood the tall white Tower of the Circle of Magi or the Circle Tower, in the center of Lake Calenhad with the wall encircling it, stood imposing. The crenelations looked like stakes from this distance, ready to spear the sky if anyone does anything wrong. It was a symbol of doom and terror, for both mages and those that feared magic. Mages, because once you stepped into that Tower, you're life, you're freedom, was forfeit. As per Chantry and local law, human and city elf citizens of Ferelden with magical potential are brought here to be imprisoned for most of their lives and instructed in the legally-approved Schools of Magic, and trained to resist demons, who seek to especially possess living mages. And to enforce the laws was the dreaded Templar Order of the Chantry.

The Templar Order, the military arm of the Order of Orlesian Chantry. Tasked with hunting down demons, Apostates and Malefactors, while also guarding the Circle of Magi's. Supposedly a force of Defenders for the Chantry, Advocates for them claim they are Saviors, Defenders and Holy Warriors of the Maker. Tasked with protecting the innocent and all that is Good. While their detractors see them as a symbol of oppression on people born to magic and an order of justice seekers inspired only by the Chantry with no ties to the country they serve in. Making them an Inquisitorial militia seeking out any who would disobey or defy the Chantry's order. They are tasked to protect Mages from themselves and the population in general while killing or arresting any who seeks freedom and refusing to submit to the Chantry's authority.

He glanced over at Bethany, and he saw her looking towards it uncomfortably with dread, he knew she was having a hard time not looking at it.

He rode over to her, "would you like to ride in the carriage until where past sis? You still remember how to mask your magic right?"

She nodded, "yes brother, I still remember, and I think I might feel better in the carriage." Hawke rode up to Bryce letting him know. After Bethany got in the carriage and her horse tied behind it, they took off once again. When they got closer Hawke noticed a lot more traffic, he was glad he had already masked himself and his swords, using a miniscule of his power to maintain it.

Elayne rode up beside him, and he pulled her over to his horse, looped her horses reigns to his saddle and looked in on the girls, and was pleased to see that they were sleeping which made him grateful. They didn't need to see this, and he really didn't want to answer any questions about it.

About two hours before sunset they were just alongside the tower. Hawke felt an itch between his shoulders, as he felt the power pouring from the Tower. He couldn't hurry fast enough to get past this place. He could see a small trading hamlet on the shore to facilitate trade and to maintain a ferry to the tower, which was originally reached by a massive bridge (now in ruins). Visitors are few and far between, however, as most come either to learn magic or to watch over those who do.

The broken bridge that looked like it was built to intimidate anyone that doesn't belong and even to those that belong, see the bridge as the last bastion of defense against their escape. Now that they were closer he could see the Tower better, he saw how the walls seemed to be as smooth as glass, protected by magic from Templar and mages combined. Imprisoning those unfortunate to be born with magic, even though they committed no crime. The tower, imposing against the dark cloudy sky with its turrets aiming as if ready to shoot arrows at the maker himself. All this plus the reputation of the towers themselves, all seek to impose a sense of dread to all who venture into its depths.

He rode up to Bryce who looked at him and saw Elayne asleep in his arms. "We'll ride to West Hill and stop there for the night. I'm pleased at the time we've made today. We won't have to be up so early tomorrow, everyone can sleep in," Bryce said with a sigh.

"Good because everyone is starting to look a little tired, especially the women, except the girls, who have been napping off and on." He chuckled as he looked over at Bryce, "I bet you're looking forward to being home finally."

"You know young man, I almost wish I was back on your farm. I didn't have to worry about any responsibility. It was a nice vacation, living the simple life."

Hawke chuckled, "sir, you are more than welcome to come there anytime you want." He looked down at Elayne, "my home is yours, sir," he said before he kissed the top of her head. She shifted but stayed asleep.

"Son, I think it's time you quit calling me sir. I am your father-in-law after all. Bryce works for me. As far as propriety Bryce works for me, I got to many people calling me sir. So any questions you might have?"

"No Bryce, your daughter and I have talked a lot about Highever. She's got quite a head on her shoulders.

Bryce looked over at his daughter in Hawke's lap. He was proud of her, and Hawke was right, she did have a good head on her shoulders, but then so did Hawke. During his time around him, Bryce found himself very impressed with the young man. So impressed in fact that if anything ever happened to him and Fergus he would not have to worry about his daughter taking up the mantle, not that he worried before. But with Hawke they would be a powerhouse together.

Once they finally made it to West Hill, Bryce made arrangements at a really nice Inn. The girls would be staying with his mom and Bethany. Fergus and Carver agreed to share a room, Hawke and Elayne had their own room and that left the last four rooms to Bryce and Eleanor and the soldiers.

Hawke, Elayne and the soldiers took care of the horses while Bethany and his mom went to take care of the girls. If Hawke didn't know any better he thought that his mom and sister were going to take over the care of the girls. And he wondered if that might not be a bad idea considering he would be gone for a month.

Finally, in their room he collapsed on the bed, he was a lot more tired than he thought. Elayne brought him a drink which he slammed not even paying any attention to it. It was his whiskey, he looked at her curiously as she poured him another. She had her glass of wine and sat down on the bed with him.

She looked at him, "it'll help you sleep, I know you Hawke, you're stressed, tired, and I know what going by the Tower did to you. You need to relax please. Your robes on the bed here, get out of those clothes and just relax." She helped him out of his clothes but instead of putting his robe on he crawled in bed and was out before his head hit the pillow.

The next morning found him awake and well rested. Elayne was also awake, not in the room, but she was close. She came in carrying a tray with food and set it on the table, before coming over to the bed and sat down by him. "You look a lot better. We're almost to my family home baby, there you can relax some more."

He pulled her down to him, putting his lips to hers, "I love you baby, sorry I fell asleep on you last night. How late is it anyway?

"Everyone is downstairs eating, I brought food up here for us. Dad knew how tired you were last night, you looked drained by the time we stopped here. Was part of that because of your magic?".

By the end she was sounding worried. He pulled her against him. "Elayne, it's okay, and I'm okay. Now, what's for breakfast, I'm starving. We'll talk about this later, I promise." She brought the food, and they sat there eating making small talk.

By the time they finished breakfast, got dressed and went downstairs everyone was ready. All the horses were saddled except Midnight. When Hawke went to him, he could see that he was agitated. The horse really did not like being pinned in. Hawke grabbed a couple of carrots from his pack and brought Midnight out. He soothed him and gave him the carrots, finally Hawke was able to get the saddle on him.

They headed out, after a distance from the town Bethany rode over to him. "Did you feel it?"

Hawke looked at her, "yes sis, I did. We're just going to have to be extra careful when were not at the farm. I know it's a little stressful, but you're doing good sis. If you have an issue just let me know. How did the girls do last night?"

"They both did good. They were so tired that right after they ate and drank the tea they slept soundly. Rose hasn't had nightmares for days now. How long are we going to keep them on the tea?"

"I've been thinking about that. Let's wait until were back home, while we're away from the comforts of the farm we need to be extra vigilant."

Before they pulled off the main road, Hawke could already smell the sea air. Elayne rode up beside him, a grin on her face, "I almost missed that smell." Hawke watched her as she got closer to her home, he could see and feel how happy she was. This was her element, where she was born and raised. Before he could talk to her about it, Bryce called Elayne over to him and the two talked for a bit, then she rode back to him. She handed him the reins, and he pulled her onto Midnight in front of him then looked over at her father who nodded to her watching.

"You ready my dear husband?" she asked him in his head. She put her hands over his, he could see she was a little nervous, and he pulled her tighter against him and nuzzled his head into her hair, taking the scent of her into him.

"Elayne te amo, and I'm here with you."

She relaxed, "I love you too Hawke."

He noticed tower walls in the distance, buildings and people were coming into view. They all looked excited as they spotted Bryce and his family. Bryce stopped, talking to his people as they started gathering around. A few came over to Elayne excitedly asking how she was doing. She greeted each one of them warmly, clasping their hands around hers. She introduced Hawke as they looked up at him curiously, especially some of the younger women.

Elayne noticed the looks, "this is my husband, Arik Hawke," she said loudly, as she looked at him proudly, her face glowing, he kept his emotions in check as he nodded to them. He glanced at Bryce who was watching him intently, while Elayne sent him warm loving thoughts. As they passed he heard people exclaiming behind him about Elayne and him, he heard husband more than a few times. When they finally entered the hub of the town, Hawke couldn't help notice the castle further up the hill. The streets where busy as people went about their business, everyone seemed genuinely happy, peaceful. When they all saw Bryce and the people riding with him, they paused watching. Bryce once again paused greeting his people as they came up to him and his family. Hawke and Elayne seemed to be getting a lot of looks as she urged him to move closer to her father.

Bryce glanced over at Hawke and Elayne, nodded to himself and put up his hands to get people to quiet down. Hawke put his mouth to Elayne's ear whispering, "what is your father doing and why did he look over at us like that?"

Before she could answer Bryce cleared his throat getting everyone's attention. "My good people of Highever, it is so good to finally be back home." He looked over at Hawke, looking him straight in the eyes, "as some of you have noticed, we have a few new people with us. I would proudly like to introduce you to my new son-in-law, my daughter, Elayne's husband, Lord Arik Hawke and his family. Arik Hawke, welcome to Highever." He sat back down in his saddle, his eyes still intent on Hawke. Hawke heard shocked voices as they looked at him, studying him.

Hawke looked down at Elayne, but he didn't need to see the radiant smile on her face to know how she was feeling. She was bursting inside with pride and happiness as she looked around at her people. Not allowing his nervousness to show he looked at the people, nodding to them and greeting those that came up to Elayne and him giving them their congratulations.

Once Bryce's announcement was received, they headed up to the castle gates. After they were inside, Bryce called over his Captain and the two talked quietly. As everyone got off their horses, grooms came out gathering the horses. When one came up too Midnight to grab his reins, Hawke felt him tense under his hand and Hawke soothed his horse. He looked over at the groom, "I will be taking care of him, please let your people know that they can not come up to Midnight. He is not a tame horse, and he will not allow anyone near him except me." Hawke looked over at Bryce, "Midnight needs to run, he didn't appreciate being confined last night, he needs his freedom. Please let your people know, I don't want my horse spooked and causing damage because they get careless around him."

Bryce nodded to Hawke, and informed his head groomsman to heed Hawke's words. Elayne went to her family after Hawke let her know that he needed to take care of his horse. He took Midnight to a stall and removed his saddle off him. He was still tense and as Hawke got a brush and started brushing him down and talking to him, the tension started leaving Midnight. Once Hawke was done, he took a couple of carrots out of his bags and fed them to Midnight.