Hazel and Dan in the Hazy Days of Fall Bk. 10

Story Info
Young love grows.
8.6k words
3
1.2k
00

Part 10 of the 10 part series

Updated 07/11/2023
Created 05/09/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Everyone is 18+ in the this story of love and lust.

Hazel and Dan in the Hazy days of Fall. Book 10

I had to pee, but walking was fun, almost new, and Hazel joined me in a hot soak in the tub with Epsom salts. We ate fresh fruit and snacked on junk food, but Hazel measured it out in a bowl, and after snacks were over, it was on to soft kisses till we fell asleep hours later. Finally, the alarm clock went off, and we dressed for the passport office. We both felt our bottoms were tinder, but to some they would think were perverted the love we showed each other, but we're young. We get to decide what is or is not us.

Hazel sat with me after getting our passports done till it was time to take Ellen to the PSD. After that, I worked on my next class. Then, Hazel took Aunt Ellen to the Public Safety Dept to get her learner's permit. There might have been some resistance to getting it done, and both refused to talk, but she's got the paper.

I called the professional football stadium and asked the P.R. department. "If we could use the parking lot on a non-event day to test drive a car made for people with handicaps, the car had passed the state auto safety board."

I received a callback, I say. "It's the first of its kind; a person in a wheelchair can drive it. I made it for an Aunt the design I was planning on a patent, but I would sell it for a buck. Think how many people this will let travel again."

They say. "We'll call you back; the owner's son is in a chair."

When the office of the Sports stadium returned the phone call, I say. "The next step is to get the news stations out there to film it as you, too, have someone who could drive. He could dive it too if he gets a learner's permit."

The owner told me. "He had talked to his people. Would Wednesday be too soon?"

I say. "Thursday, please I got a doctor's visit for my wife on Tuesday not sure how long, but a day could not hurt. Plus, we're planning our honeymoon."

He says. "Congrats, young man; where are you going?"

I say. "I don't know; the wife's not made her mind up for me yet; life is so much better with her love. Laughing at her is not a good idea; don't make her mad, and you're good."

We paid a flatbed wrecker to bring the Van to the Stadium. So I'm not driving it on the street without big-time learning before driving.

It took sixty days to get it finished, painted, and approved. So a day of rest and a few days without hanky panky. We get this Van on the news getting people to think outside the box when it comes to being free. Going to the store for ice cream in a wheelchair is pretty damn hard.

Getting the cut was no big deal; an hour-long tops wait it makes me or it sound small. Well, Hazel planned to drain me dry five times from midnight to dawn before my appointment.

I could not have anything to eat after midnight; at 11:30, I ate my love to a few good ones, and you had evil plans for me. First, you tied me to our bridal bed, a wedding gift from everyone.

I trusted Hazel, and from midnight on oils and with the numbing cream, I was teased and abused most lovingly. I had no idea a male could come a few times an hour for five hours, but after the first hour, speech was not one of my skills, but screaming sure was.

The lab tech nurse laughed when she saw many red lipstick marks and asked me. "If I was embarrassed showing my lipstick-covered penis to the doctors?"

Turning a bright red, I say. "No, if my wife wanted to send me out this way, I not bringing it up, but you ladies know in a few weeks turnabout is fair play." So she cleaned me off, and, damn it, she cut my bush off again.

I was wheeled to surgery, returned into the recovery room, and woke up to Hazel's hand in mine, the gall of my woman. She was wearing the same lipstick the Nurse who trimmed me came by to remove my IV and tried not to laugh as she saw your color.

I say. "I love that color, Hazy. It looks terrific on parts of me too, My love."

I smiled; the Nurse left the room laughing, and Hazel stood and bowed to me. Her face was a bright red, as was your lipstick. "I bow to the master. Do we need to tell our folks this?"

I say. "I don't see why we can't wait to tell our folks this till our twentieth anniversary. By then, your red face will have gone away."

I grinned. Hazel pushed me in the wheelchair; she smiled red face, and four nurses giggled as we left.

Hazel drove and started laughing. "I did not think about putting on the same lip color; I did not."

We stopped for three dozen James Conny Island hot dogs made four ways. It was Hazel's idea.

Her humor was lost on us, who got snipped, but I did find it funny how funny the ladies found it they got the joke. The next day was an off day. Wednesday, I had no classes; Hazel went over all the basics on my GED test on Friday. I saw how you looked at me as we studied and how proud you were when you taught me how to learn.

I had been having strange dreams of Mr. Deed's words never stopping growing; no, he said, learning for weeks now. In for a penny, in for a pound. I was picking the receiver off the rotary dial telephone. I called and placed my name on my SATs test schedule for next week.

I fell to the couch under the weight of a kissing machine. You were screaming how much you love me, then you asked me. "What was my major freshman? What was it going to be?" Trying to untangle it would not happen, so I decided to talk.

I answered. "Major, no Hon, no major or degree. I want to keep learning so you never have to be smart for both of us."

I would have tried to stop you from crying, but you held me too tight and pinned me, frankly. I liked it too much even to move. You did give me a boner, but it did not hurt, and we held each other till things cooled down. Dinner was lots of red meat, grilled steak, baked yams, and green salad.

Dessert was a baked fruit tart, Jean told us. "It was heart healthy, no butter or added sugar, Hazel showed me. Next, we played poker; after four hands, I won all four, but Hazel saw I lost the next four the same way by counting cards.

I got up to get drinks, and you followed me in, and you held me from behind, and your voice getting soft, you say. "Counting cards Hon? But you lost it back; too bad it's cheating we make a killing in Vegas."

"I was into the fourth hand when it snapped to me. I was making choices in my head on the cards played by each player by the fourth hand, and I saw the cards on the table matched what I figured they would be. I lost it back to them. We need another game to play. Should we tell them I can't cheat people who love me or do it like a magic trick?" I asked.

"Yes, baby, do; you did not get your three stooges to dance." Hazel laughed.

Sitting down, we played the next hand, and I won, but I stopped the game and say. "Sorry, before tonight, I've not played poker before I noticed this; check it out." I took the discard pile and fanned the cards back to each player.

I spoke. "You all tossed these away and told me what you might have left; I told what Ellen's were." Turned them over."

I got more than half right and did the rest of the table. Hazel was keeping score and told us. "He got seventy-five percent right; it's a good thing he loves us? But it makes you think twice about this idea of Vegas. Oh, I was hoping Dan would drop his bomb, but I can't wait for another second! Dan called on taking his SATS."

After the hugs and kisses and back slaps, Jean asked me. "What will your Major be, Dan?"

As Hazel beaming says. "Hold on, guys, wait till you hear his answer."

I answered. "Major, no Mom, no major or degree. I want to keep learning so Hazel never feels she must be smart for us. I am not sure what I learned so far is enough" I thought there be more noise, not less.

Bob says. "Thank you, Jean, for talking me out of killing that dirty hippie who brought our baby home late from their first date; you were right."

Jean answered back. "Hazel did Hon she knew, when she called telling us about the fight, and they were going to be late. She said he held his arm out, protecting her and her friends from harm. So she knew Bob, she knew."

Saying our good nights, I say. "Damn, the doctor said two weeks, no heavy lifting of anything over fifty pounds. Sorry, Hon, I have to owe you one."

You stopped us and told the room. "He changed me too, folks. He taught me to trust him, have patience, and a third thing paying our way in the world."

Hazel turned with me as we walked out, our bodies touching close enough to look like one. Sleeping till the smell of fresh French roast coffee woke us, and you hopped up, turned the alarm off, poured a large cup and a spoon of sugar, and returned to bed, taking a sip. Sharing as we do in everything we sat being close was enough for now.

We were taking turns as I lit the bong and tapped it as you sipped, and we traded both went quickly. Getting dressed like we were going to church, I was worried I looked too young, but Hell, Hazel walked out into the room with her blue summer dress and a stunning leather and lace white hat, the same one I saw her stitching up after I cut them out for her.

Taking two cars and Ellen had a clue but the rest. No, but it might be the little white lie told, but let's don't go there. We told them I was getting an award, and they dressed without question and hopped into cars. Pulling up to the gate at the Professional football stadium, a guard looks at a clipboard and says. "Bogart party? Your expected pull around to the front; they want the sign in the background."

Going to the front of the Stadium, there are several T.V. trucks, a NASCAR truck with a cool-looking race car, and the crowd is large; eighty or ninety people were there looking at a rose-colored Van.

Damn race-car drivers, a load of people in wheelchairs, a dozen or so many guys in suits, and a few Pro footballers. Mingling around with Hazel on my arm, we find Joey and hug; he says. "Fuck, Dude, I thought you were shitting me; your right Angel is not the right word."

You hugged him, and we met with Mr. Ramirez and his wife in a chair, a fact not lost on Hazel or me. Meeting the shop class, you charmed them all. The Race-car drivers did a driving course first. Then one of the race drivers gave a race helmet to Aunt Ellen. As she goes up the lift, he climbs in and checks that her wheelchair locks are in place. It provides a green light on the dash. I had it wired to the starter, no green, no start. Next, he hooks Ellen's special seat belt in. I was also working on adding the seat belt to the starter. The doors close, and the Van pulls away. She drives an open lot for over twenty minutes. He stops and picks up a DPS instructor to give the driving test. The race car guy moved to the back seat.

She drove off the test track into the city in a pickup truck, followed by film crews. Returning and pulling up next to the race car, they got out. The Race car driver grabs her and wheels her to us. Ellen is holding up a temporary Driver's license. It was a start; eleven people passed their driver's test that day. The Van design made the national news.

The next day "Come on, Baby, we got to book your test in a few minutes." Hazel says.

You drop me off at the test center. I get there and turn and blow a kiss to you. A couple saw this and laughed, then looked at you sitting in your car; I heard a. "Lucky bastard."

I answered. "You have no clue that is my wife's luck; hell, it was hard work."

I knocked out the test. I checked each question twice and finished. Calling home close to six pm, the latest the test was given. I was told you were there waiting on me. I run out and kiss you with as much passion as you did me on your test. We drove to the house and started dinner.

Within a few days, there was an offer to buy the patent; it was a lot of money.

I say. "For them to give me a truck and let's start a foundation to put kids at risk to take shop classes and college would be paid for, or they can take the money to start a business. Let me check with the wife first; she's my business partner."

You had run out for breakfast tacos and were gone when I got the call.

When you return, I say. "Hon, I turned down a million bucks today, baby. I told them to give me a truck and let's set up a foundation to send at-risk kids to college or money to start a business. I knew I could not give you children; I thought helping thousands of kids a year might soften the blow. I need a yes from you."

Again she tackles me hard, yes, like a girl hard as you cried into my shoulder. "It's a yes, baby. I'm speechless."

You filled our coffee cup, and I called and told them to set it up and make the truck white, please. After being without things to do, Hazel had something to do in her college to start with, what clothes and what courses to take, to name a few. The rest of the day was regular till right before six-thirty pm.

Hazel says. "Come on, baby. We got to go to dinner. It's at eight pm, but you got to clean up the High school kids who want to treat you to dinner tonight. I was on the phone all day talking to the suits we have checks to offer to the kid's college or to open a shop with. Also, the two who did the most are also offered a bonus, and the local car dealership has a van for the shop teacher."

The restaurant was a nice one right off downtown across town from us, but it was a fifteen-minute drive to town and less than that to get there. Joey told us four kids work here, and one kid's dad is the manager. Walking in, I felt like some fix was in. I distinctly recall that Hazel said it was just us tonight; everyone was there. There were people in suits there, none that I knew but a husband and wife were there. I've seen them before; he's talking to Bob and pointing my way. We were handed drinks as Jean walked over and kissed me and Hazel, taking my free hand and leading us around to meet people.

Jean says. "This is my daughter Hazel and my dear son-in-law Dan Allan Bogart; he truly is closer to a real son to me. This is Senator Mr. George Jones and his Wife, Barbara."

Bob introduces us to the following three men who were high-ranking members of the big three car companies. So we met six car dealership owners. Something was up. We were seated after drinks and a four-course meal of chicken and roasted potatoes or fish dish it looked like Trout. The dinner was over, they brought out cake and coffee, and after a few minutes, the servers came by and topped off the coffee.

Bob stood at the podium, inducting himself. "I'm a Husband, a father, a friend of this young man Dan and his father-in-law. He met us on his first date hours late. He got in a fight at a pizza place he came inside to tell us why. Our daughter met a young blacksmith, a carpenter, a master knife maker, and a great cook, to name only a few of his skills. He protected my baby and her friends and continued to do so many times.

He showed us his love for our baby that first week. He designed a wheelchair ramp on paper in ink right before us. He had my sister-in-law, who's in a wheelchair, make a strap to let her dance with her husband. He redesigned her house, making it a home perfect for a person in a wheelchair, with ramps to get in the place to kitchen counters and wheelchairs high. She was able to start cooking again; no more T.V. frozen dinners. He added a ramp to a church and designed a public restroom for a person in a wheelchair. Then developed a Van to be driven by a person in a wheelchair safely, and that's why we're here today."

He introduces The Senator from Texas, who gets up and does a twenty-minute talk about education needing practical skills and support to move forward to keep America great. The next three were the car companies' CEO of the big three. They pledged millions as all three said they could not fill their classrooms with trained mechanics. The shortage has been felt for years; everyone was getting college degrees. Finally, the local car dealers got up and echoed the feelings of not finding well-trained mechanics.

Mr. Ramirez went to the podium and spoke. "I met this young man. I thought he was much older than nineteen years that he is. He showed me plans to change a van for a person in a wheelchair from one to ride into one of freedom by driving. Being shown how it can be safely done in a wheelchair will give back the freedom to my wife. She passed her driving test; we are building her one soon. We were here today to tell Dan, no to thank Dan and his lovely wife for starting this Foundation. He once told me this Van was a ripple of loving his wife. I was not sure what he meant then. But we all seen his ripples. Dan, I have a list for you to read; please come up and read this, sir."

I started to stand my courage was there, but my face looked white; I would be unlikely to read this without significant mistakes. Hazel stood, took my arm, and led me to the podium.

Hazel stood at the podium saying. "I'm Hazel, my dear husband Dan is dyslexic; if you don't mind, I read this for him. The Foundation has the support of the Senate, all three Automobile manufacturers, and three colleges. It will be called The trades school act. A bill is before Congress next month to add to the ten million the Foundation starts with. Twenty cities are picked to start one high school in each city will have the program. The trades are being expanded to other fields. The idea that this is a ripple of Dan's love to me is the greatest joy in my life and to all who know him. We thank you. Now my sexy husband would like to say a few words because he is a man of few words."

Hazel went to leave, and I kissed your cheek, holding you by my side. I say. "Ripples, I love to tell you I am some hero but to tell the truth, I was afraid of life when I met my wife. My life was not worth living; a loner. I did not know enough about life, but learning with Hazel's family, I wondered if life had to be as hard as possible. I worked with my hands more than I did with my mind. I saw my friends going to school to go to college. I knew my grades would never be good enough to get a degree or job that would give me an income. So I started designing Jewelry. My income and life became a plan to talk under the covers as partners. Hazel came up with the idea of a foundation for the handicapped, and she said we needed a better name for it. My mother-in-law said persons with disabilities. It sounded better. Maybe one day, the world will see people in wheelchairs as damaged, not broken. Until then, we must do all we can to make the world an easier place to live. I thank you now, as the next thing to do is I'll like my wife to read from the list as your name is called. Please come up and receive your awards and a check for four years of college, or you can submit a business plan to start one with additional loans that might be available."

Hazel began calling up the students, and I shook their hands and gave them a check. The dealers presented Mr. Ramirez with three Vans, one from each company. The thing wound down as every person in the room shook our hand or hugged us. Some who loved us kissed us, after we left to get ice cream. We sat outside and saw a couple kissing at another table. The girl found her engagement ring in her ice cream cone. He went to his knee, and you handed me my camera, and I took a few shots of the couple as they glowed. Hazel went and got their info to send them my photos to them.

Bob and Jean look on with smiles, and Jean says. "Ellen, you miss that we did not get a big church wedding?"

Ellen says. "We missed that boat, dear, but I don't care. We are one; that's all that matters now."

Her face and Jeans looked happy together but sad they missed what Hazel and I had. I feel your hand on my leg and your thoughts this time. We are planning a double church wedding when we get home to our place at the top of the stairs. Getting home, we started planning.