He Who Laughs Last, Laughs Best

Story Info
She thought she had the best plan.
7.3k words
4.31
123k
153
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
plsplsme
plsplsme
437 Followers

Thank you Candace.

It was Friday afternoon and it's been two hours since they left New York. They still had one more hour of driving d left before reaching their home. They had accompanied their only child, Lisa, to her campus. She was starting college. Nancy turned and looked at her husband, Bill, at the steering wheel of his Ford Transit. They could not take her BMW 230i convertible as they had Lisa's stuffs to carry.

"Time flies," she thought. It was on her high school graduation day that she took a pregnancy test and it came out positive. Bill was still at the university, studying to become an engineer. Their respective parents were cooperative as they knew each other and they knew also that their children were in love. She stayed at her parent's place after the baby was born and they got married after Bill finished his studies. She has been a stay at home mom; she has seen her husband start as a junior engineer in a local industry and ten years later he had his own business dealing with HVAC. The business has flourished since then. Bill has secured contracts with huge building construction companies. He has always been a hard-working guy, devoting his life to his work and his family.

"The house will be empty without her." Bill said with a sad voice.

"She has been closer to you than me, she was always the daddy's little girl."

"She's our princess and should be treated as such." Bill observed.

"But have you seen her behavior these past few months? She treated me like garbage. Whenever you were home, she was always by your side. Sometimes she would make fun of me. When you were not there, she would shut herself in her room, avoiding me."

"Come on Nancy! She's still a child. She was under lots of pressure during her senior year in high school. She wanted to score the highest marks to fulfill her dreams of going to Columbia University. At least try to understand."

"I know Bill, but have you seen her reaction whenever we were in the same room? Do you remember two months ago when I was sitting on the couch and she came behind me with a knife? I thought she would harm me that day. I saw hatred in her eyes."

"It's your imagination, Nancy." Bill was irritated.

Nancy stayed quiet, she didn't want to continue the conversation. She didn't want Bill to get angry, at least not now. She took her cell phone out and sent a text message "we'll be there in 30 mins". One minute later her phone beeped.

'Is it from Lisa?" Bill asked.

"No, it's Betty."

"And how is she getting along with Paul? Last time at our barbeque party, she was ranting about him working late night, putting on too much hours and caring for others more than her. She should know that the job of a sheriff is not that easy. She should have thought well before getting married to him."

Once again Nancy stayed quiet. She wanted Bill to stay cool till they arrived home. She just leaned against the window and prayed that they were already home.

As Bill turned into his driveway, he saw a sheriff's car in front of his garage. Bill parked his van behind the car. Paul and his assistant climbed out and greeted Bill.

"What's going on?" A confused Bill asked Paul. At the same time Nancy ran and stood behind the assistant. Bill frowned.

"This is the worst thing that forms part of my job, which I hate doing." The sheriff removes a manila envelope and handed it to Bill. "William Thomson, you've been served."

"Paul, is this a joke?" Bill took the envelope with a trembling hand. He turned to Nancy. She looked down as she could not face her husband. "Why Nancy? What have I done?"

"Bill, it's better if you leave. See a lawyer and work on your divorce. There is also a restraining order. You are not allowed to come here and be within 500 feet of Nancy." Paul said.

"Paul, last Sunday you were here with Betty for Lisa's going away barbeque party. Both of you knew what would happen. You came to my house, you ate and drink the food, you even wished Lisa good luck in her studies and her future. Both of you left with a smile on your faces. This is what I call hypocrisy."

"Bill, try to understand ..."

"To understand what Paul? That you are an asshole?" Bill yelled. "And you bitch, you stabbed me in my back." He turned to Nancy with angry eyes. "If you didn't love or want me anymore, you should have told me. I would have divorced you amicably."

"Bill, the restraining order is already in effect. I advise you to leave the premises." Paul tried to stay calm.

Bill walked to his van and threw the envelope on the passenger's seat, then he slammed the door and approached Paul. "I need my personal things, I hope you are not such an asshole to refuse me to walk into MY HOUSE and take some of MY personal belongings." He removed his house key and made his way to the front door.

"Your key won't work." Paul removed a set of keys from his pocket and handed it to his assistant.

"I see that you have taken care of everything, or is it Betty? She should have been here today with a locksmith while we were away. Am I right?"

Paul didn't answer, he just nodded at his assistant. The latter walked Bill into the house and stayed by his side as he filled in two suitcases.

"Don't you worry," Paul told Nancy. "I will have my guys doing regular patrol here. I would not leave the house alone for a few days if I were you. He is extremely angry and he can do anything through anger."

"I will stay home. I will call a friend to come and spend the weekend in the house." Nancy replied.

"Yes, a friend." Paul muttered.

Bill came out with the suitcases and put them at the back of the van. The assistant handed Nancy the set of keys. Bill took the envelope and removed the divorce document and started to read it.

"Bill, you got your stuffs, it's time to leave." Paul ordered.

"Wait! This bitch is asking for fifty per cent of my business, fifty per cent of all our savings. She wants the house and her car, plus a monthly alimony. The whore is sending me to the cleaners."

"Bill, if you don't leave, I will have to arrest you." Paul tried to get a pair of handcuffs from his belt.

"No need, Paul. I'll sign the papers right now and disappear." Bill took a pen and signed everywhere indicated by small arrow stickers. "Can you please attest the document and give me my copy?"

Nancy, Paul and his assistant stood there in shock. They never believed Bill would accept the conditions. Nancy smiled and thought how lucky she was. She got everything she wanted and was free of a husband and a daughter. Paul signed the papers as a witness and handed Bill his copy. Bill climbed into his van.

"Who is he? How long have you been fucking him?" Bill lashed out at Nancy.

"Go inside and lock the door behind you." Paul told Nancy and walked to Bill's van. The assistant accompanied her inside.

"Don't do anything stupid. Think about Lisa."

"I already did something stupid when I married this bitch." Bill shouted and put the engine on. "She preferred to divorce me as she knew I would never accept an open marriage ... like you."

"What? Open marriage?" Asked a stunned Paul.

"Don't try to hide it, Paul. Everyone knows."

"What are you talking about?" Paul almost screamed.

"Look Paul, we all know that when you are working nights, your brother Tom is warming your bed."

"Are you setting me against my brother, you SOB!"

"Oh shit! She's cheating on you! Sorry to be the messenger of bad news. See Paul, as a sheriff you have been trained to detect when someone is lying. Go home and ask Betty. Then you'll know." Bill reversed and left the property as he was told.

Once alone, Nancy poured herself a glass of wine and stood in front of Pagnole's masterpiece "The Train Station". The painting was worth a hundred grand or more. "He left it here, his loss," She thought with a wicked smile. She took her phone and pressed the speed dial.

"Come on Jason, pick up your phone!" Nancy yelled at her phone and hung up. "He was supposed to come directly here after work." She said to herself. She sat down and sipped her wine. She remembered when they first met. It was a year ago. She was at the departmental store when they walked into each other. He was in charge of the shoe section. He was in his twenties, with a perfect body. She melted on the spot. They exchanged phone numbers. The following day she called him and invited him to her house. He came during his lunch break and fucked her like a stud. He ate her pussy till she squirted. She screamed with each stroke. After he left, she got the impression she was gangbanged. She could hardly walk. That night she told Bill that she was not feeling well and went to bed early. After that day, she knew that Bill would never be a match to her lover, who was younger and full of energy. And Bill was always busy with his business. At night he was always tired. He would always help Lisa with her homework and then go through his files till late. As soon as he would climb into bed, he fell asleep immediately.

Nancy finished her wine and poured herself another glass. She hit speed dial again and got an automatic voice message "The number you are calling is temporarily unavailable, please try again later." With anger she threw the phone on the couch, grabbed the remote and switched on the TV. She could not focus on the screen. She decided to have a shower. It was a week ago that she had a shower with Jason and he fucked her in the ass. One thing that she has always refused her husband. And Jason had made it clear: her ass belonged to him and only him. The day before she was at his apartment and he fucked her brains out. She had a spare key and could visit her lover any time. Sometimes she would go there when he was at work and would clean the whole apartment. She bought him clothes, shoes, perfumes and gave him an expensive watch for his birthday. She even gave him some pocket money every now and then. She sometimes let him drive her BMW.

"Oh God, I need him between my legs now. I'm horny like hell. I need him to eat my pussy," Nancy said to herself. She tried to figure out the last time she'd had sex with Bill. She could not recall. Was it three months or six, or maybe more? She did not care, she had her young lover, a real man to satisfy her. Now they would be together, they did not need to fear anybody. She was free and he would move in with her that evening.

After the shower she came to the living room and grabbed her cell phone and cursed gain, "where are you Jason? Why don't you pick up the bloody phone?" She went to the kitchen and prepared herself a light dinner. "Shit! I can't get out of the house or else I would have driven to his place." Then something caught her attention on the TV. She rushed to the living room and raised the volume. She watched in horror Paul, handcuffed, being walked to a police car.

"Sheriff Paul Anderson shot his wife in the head and drove to his brother's work place and shot him five times. Both the wife and the brother are dead." The anchorman said. Nancy switched off the TV and sat down, shocked. "Oh Betty, I told you to be very careful." She cried.

That night she could not sleep at all. For the first time she was feeling completely alone. She'd kicked out her husband, her lover could not be reached, her best friend killed, her daughter has been avoiding her, her parents have already left this world. The only one left was her sister, but she was living with her husband Tom in another city three hundred miles away.

Saturday went by and she could still not reach Jason. She was anxious and irritated at the same time. "He could at least leave a message and let me know what is going on." Nancy thought over and over again. Sunday morning, she decided to drive to Jason's apartment. As soon as she walked inside, she could feel that something was wrong. Pictures on the wall and all the electronic items were missing. His walk-in closet was empty and no sign of any of his personal items in the bathroom. She flung herself down on the bed.

"He left! He left me without a word!" Nancy cried. "How could he do this to me? It was his idea to divorce Bill and he'll move in with me and get married after the divorce is final." She left the apartment and drove to the departmental store which was open on Sundays. There she hoped to find Jason at work. She met one of his colleagues. She was told that Jason, half an hour after he came to work Friday morning, asked for permission to go back to his place as he had forgotten his wallet. He did not come back and later that day he emailed a resignation letter to the boss.

A broken Nancy walked to her car. "Why? Why did he do this to me?" She wept. On her way home, she stopped by a gas station, where with total astonishment she found out that both her credit and debit cards declined. She cursed when she had to pay with all the cash she had in her purse. At home, she drowned her sorrows in alcohol.

Monday morning, she entered the bank and met the manager. She was taken aback when she learned that there was less than 5 dollars in her joint account.

"Mrs. Thomson, last Friday your husband came to the bank and closed your joint credit card. He also reminded us that you are divorcing him and he will no longer be responsible for the mortgage on the house and your car."

"That is a mistake. My car was paid in full and the house mortgage should have already been settled," said an astounded Nancy.

"The bank granted a car loan, we have all the paper work Mrs. Thomson and your husband took a second mortgage on the house for your daughter's university fees and expenses."

"But how come there's no money in my account?" Nancy asked.

"Last week your account was debited to settle your monthly mortgage installment. For the last three months there has been no deposits. Whatever money there was, has been depleted."

"How about my husband's business? There are supposed to be monthly transfer from the company's account."

"Unfortunately, Mrs. Thomson, I can't disclose Mr. Thomson's account or his business with you. But what I can say is that if the coming mortgage payments are not done, your house and your car will be repossessed."

"But I don't work!"

"I think you better discuss these matters with your lawyer."

Afterwards she checked the safe deposit box she shared with her husband. Only her jewelries were there. She took all of them and placed them in her handbag.

As soon as she walked out of the bank, she called Bill on his cellphone. She got an out of service electronic voice message. Perplexed, she called Bill at work. The phone on the other end kept on ringing. She cursed. Then she speed-dialed Lisa's number.

"What do you want bitch?" Lisa shouted angrily over the phone.

"Is this the way you talk to your mother, Lisa?" responded an astounded Nancy.

"How do you want me to talk to you, whore?"

"I... I just want to talk to your father." Nancy stammered. "I can't reach him on the phone. Do you know where he is or how I can reach him?"

"I know, but I won't tell you, bitch. The way you dumped him, cold hearted, makes you the worst slut walking this earth. I don't want to have anything to do with you. I don't consider myself as your daughter anymore. I don't want you to call me again. Better, I'll change my number." The phone went dead.

A shocked Nancy sat down in her car holding the steering wheel. She looked in the distance and her mind was elsewhere. She tried to figure out where she went wrong with her plan and why Jason left without a word. She made a call to her lawyer and succeeded in getting an appointment the same day for late afternoon.

"Mrs. Thomson, after your phone call this morning, we did some searches on your husband's company." Nancy's lawyer informed her. "Last Thursday he declared bankruptcy, before being served by you. The company will likely be liquidated."

"But last time you said that I could get millions!" Nancy almost yelled.

"Please calm down Mrs. Thomson. Two weeks ago, there was no sign of any financial difficulties. Everything was in your favor. Now the company's bank account is frozen."

"How about the car and the house mortgage?"

'Last week he used your house as collateral for a loan. Again, before being served. For the car, when you signed the ownership document, you also signed for a loan under your name."

"All these can't be true." Nancy wept.

"Mrs. Thomson, I have a personal question. Do you think your husband knew about being served?"

"No." Nancy replied, looking very thoughtful. "He never saw it coming." She took a deep breath. "So, from what I understand, I won't get a cent from my husband's company, I have no money in the bank and my car and house will be repossessed."

"I fear it."

"Is there any way to make him pay the mortgage at least?"

"The company was his sole income. Without it, he's broke. Once he starts working, we can have him pay you an alimony."

"We had a few investment certificates which I could not find in our safe deposit box."

"We can inquire when he has cashed these certificates and also make a thorough investigation on his company. And we will have to look for your husband. We don't know where he is. His legal advisor is handling everything."

"Please go ahead."

"One thing Mrs. Thomson, all these will incur additional fees. How will you settle the bill?"

Nancy had never thought about all the expenses, then suddenly she smiled. "I have a painting which is worth some money."

"Good! Get the money and write us a cheque so that we can get started on the job."

"No problem, I'll give you a call soon."

"One last thing Mrs. Thomson. Worst case scenario, you should prepare yourself to vacate your house. I advise you start looking for a place to stay."

At home she sat in front of Pagnole's chef d'oeuvre. "I sincerely wanted to keep you, but because of this asshole of a husband we will have to part ways." She addressed herself to the painting. She then took out her cellphone and called her sister.

"Hi sis, I have a favor to ask."

"You know I have never refused you anything, Nancy."

"Bill and I are getting divorced."

"What! Is this a kind of joke?"

"No sis, it's complicated. Temporarily I will need a place to stay. I was thinking if you can be kind enough to let me stay in your guest room. I will explain everything when we meet."

"How about Lisa? How did she take it?"

"You know she is her father's girl. I am the bad guy."

"Is there any way both of you can work it out. See a counselor for example?"

"I don't think so."

"I am really sorry. There is no problem with me, I don't think Tom will say no and our daughter will be excited to have you with us for a bit."

"Thank you, sis. I will let you know when I'm coming." Nancy hung up.

Tuesday Nancy went to a goldsmith to get her jewelries evaluated. To her great astonishment, she was told that all her items were gold plated copper and cheap. She cursed Bill to have given her fake gifts. She then rushed to a fine art gallery where she met an appraiser.

"I would like to know how much my Pagnole's "The Train Station" is worth?" asked Nancy.

The man took the painting and observed every square inch diligently. " 'The Train Station' is Pagnole's best work. He succeeded to put all emotions in one piece of work. There are arrivals, departures, happiness and sadness glued together."

He placed the painting carefully on an easel and directed a spotlight on it. He took a magnifying glass and started to inspect. After a couple of minutes, he started to laugh.

"Something wrong?" asked a perplexed Nancy.

"Wait, I'll show you something." The man brought his laptop, placed it on a table next to the easel and opened a website. He hit some keys and a picture of "The Train Station" appeared on the screen. He enlarged the bottom left hand corner.

plsplsme
plsplsme
437 Followers