Heat, Stress, Burns, and Cuts Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"But why? Why would we need this?"

"Well, obviously with the Vanderbuilt men running an entire nation, the word must have gotten out one way or another and people want power. So we needed to supplement our chances. Think about it like this, you are already muscular, but you will have an estimated 12 times the muscle density of a normal human being. This means that you will still weigh 260lbs but your strength will be 12 times its previous amount. Now for your mind, you were already incredibly smart, with an IQ of 154, but now you clock in at over 500, more than any other person on this planet."

We proceeded to delve into the science behind the compounds that I had recently smoked. Inside of the Cigars there were Nano particles, which when puffed via the cigar would stick inside the back of my throat and sinuses, then every time I took a breath more and more nanites would fill into my body through small microtears in the lungs, ingenious! I was finding it easier to cope the more I talked about it.

"So what about the Ring, Watch, and Cufflinks?" I asked.

"Well, those are all packed with artificial intelligence. They are courtesy of the Norse, made out of metal that can only be found thousands of feet under subarctic terrain; the material has been named Rohdum. They hold artificial intelligence, we always call them specialists." He said.

"Why?"

"Because each piece of jewelry has different specialties. The Ring, named Vitur, meaning wisdom, is the workhorse of the trio, the most powerful and the most useful. Until my last day I was still impressed with what that thing could do, I will let you imagine the possibilities." He said, proceeding. "The cufflinks are equipped with a specialist named Skjult, meaning stealth. Skjult is best suited for formal events, she will help with safety, escape and evasion, and much more. I suppose you could call Skjult a bodyguard of sorts. The watch, Saga, meaning history, is the timekeepers of the Vanderbilt's through the generations, with the watch on you have access to all of the lessons and wisdom past Vanderbuilt's deemed important."

"Ok, I understand, but what I don't understand is how people contact me. I haven't been contacted yet..." I said.

"If they need you they will notify you. Inside the bank account that was given to you at the will reading was an estimated 1.4 billion dollars. This will replenish itself so don't worry about spending too much. I had been keeping an eye on you Danny," He said, tears swelling in his virtual eyes "You had a good life, your girlfriend seems adorable, and your chef seems to be a better father then I was..." He choked, tears getting the better of his virtual emotions.

"Hey," I comforted "don't be upset, you are here now and helping me more than ever. I need to get back, it is already 5:00am and Megan is probably still up, she can't stay up all night!"

"You are right, go home and be with her, if you need me I am just a ring-swipe away! Oh, and make sure to read that journal when you get a chance..." He said sniffling.

I put the items into my bag and walked downstairs to find Edward, with loafs of bread, jellies, and peanut butter surrounding him. I decided to indulge and eat a few sandwiches with him and then we hopped on the bikes and headed back to Boston. There was no time for any wheelies or any fun because we were racing against time, if there was one thing that I remember from Boston, it was early morning rush hour. Thankfully we made it back just in time, I thanked Edward for spending the night with me and I informed him I wouldn't be leaving the hotel for a while. I said for him to go and talk to some staff, inform them of his position in my ranks and they would provide him a room so that he can get some sleep. I didn't bother talking to the manager or anyone else, all I wanted was to hug Megan and Samantha, and they were the only people who were the same around here. I arrived inside the room and rushed over to Megan, before she had time to open her mouth I took her into my embrace and hugged her for what seemed to be days. One we were untangled, she was going to start to ask some questions, but she could see that so much had happened that incessant questioning was useless. She only asked one thing.

"Danny, things are going to change a lot aren't they?" She asked.

"Baby, you don't know the half of it." I half sighed half smiled. I was just strapped into one helluva roller coaster; let's see where it takes me.