Here for You Ch. 11-14

Story Info
A story about trust and betrayal.
9.8k words
4.69
9.7k
13

Part 6 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 06/22/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 11

"Tell me what happened to your brother," Ben said quietly as he and Elle sat opposite to each other over cups of coffee.

Elle licked her lips once and took a deep breath. "My dad used to be a cop," she started. "On the summer Evan graduated from high school, he and my dad went for a fishing trip like they usually did every year. They were at the convenience store buying some essentials for their trip when a gunman came in and fired straight at them both. My brother died on the spot and my dad spent two weeks in the hospital." Ben was silent, so she took it as her cue to continue. "Turns out the gunman was an ex-police officer who had been sentenced to jail for graft. My dad had testified against him. He wanted revenge," she said and took in a deep breath. "My mother blamed my father for Evan's death."

Ben hesitated before saying, "But I don't understand. Your mother should know the dangers it comes with the job."

"She does," Elle said. "When she and my dad were first married, my dad worked as a mall security. When she was pregnant with Evan, my dad went to apply in the force, mainly because it offered better pay and retirement plan and it was all he ever knew. My mother had her doubts, though; she had been happy with my dad's old job. She had a job as well and thought that both their salaries combined would provide a comfortable life for our family. But my father was adamant to change; he wanted to provide a better life for his family. And as he moved up the ranks, my mother pleaded with him to quit. She was always nervous whenever he was called out, especially during the night. And when she was pregnant with me, she'd threatened to divorce if he didn't quit by the time I was born."

"Did he?" Ben asked.

Elle shook her head and smiled sadly. "He'd wanted to, though. He was assigned to a case at the time and he'd told my mom that he would quit as soon as he was done with it." She glanced up at him. "The case wasn't resolved until eight years later because his colleague had been feeding information to the gang members."

"The same colleague who would later kill your brother," Ben said.

"Yes," Elle said. "My dad had to testify against him in court and he was sentenced to jail. Unfortunately, the gangsters got to his family first and his kids were murdered. He vowed the same fate would befall my dad. And that was what he did the first thing when he was released from prison." She sniffed once. "My mom never forgave my dad because of it and she never let him forget even for a day. I was fourteen at the time and I remember asking him why he didn't file for divorce. He'd told me then that he didn't want to leave me alone with her. He realized that if he divorced my mom, she would use Evan's death against him in court and the custody would most likely be awarded to her." She gave Ben a sad smile. "I love him so much because of that even though my mom drove him nuts."

"No wonder you were reluctant to stay at home," Ben said.

She nodded. "My father was sorry that he couldn't give me a more normal upbringing and for not being able to help me out with college. But I never once blamed him for it. And he was proud that I have made something out of myself."

"You're still in touch with him?" he asked.

"No, not for the past year. We don't talk all that much," she admitted and smiled. "Maybe I should give him a call."

"You should," Ben agreed. "It's never a bad thing to maintain a relationship with your parents as long as it's a healthy one. Besides, you and your father had each other's back after Evan's passing. You guys were a team. I'm sure he would love to hear from you."

***

That night when Elle was home and in her room, she thought about her talk with Ben. She did miss her father and wanted to hear from him. She had been so distracted with her busy life that she hadn't stopped to think about her father.

It was still quite early; just past 10 o'clock in the evening. She could call him. She dialed his number and to her disappointment, it rang a few times before going straight to voicemail. Not knowing if he still kept this number, Elle hung up without leaving a message. She went to the bathroom to clean up before bed and her phone was ringing when she returned to her room.

She answered quickly. "Hello?"

"Hello, Elle," Isaac's familiar deep voice rumbled in her ear. "I'm sorry I missed your call. I was outside."

"It's okay, Dad. It's nothing important," she said.

"How are you doing these days?" he asked.

"I'm still working at the hotel," she answered. "And I've gotten a part-time job at a diner. Oh, and I'm volunteering at an animal shelter as well."

Isaac laughed. "My, what a busy life you're leading! I hope you have plenty of rest."

"Don't worry about me, Dad," she said. "How's your road trip going? Where are you now?"

Isaac hesitated for a moment before answering, "I am actually in Delaware now." Elle's heart stuttered at the thought at how close her father was from her now since he'd left almost five years ago. "I am thinking about visiting your mother, to see how she's doing. And I would like to see you as well if you're okay with it."

"Oh, Dad, of course, of course, I am okay with it," Elle said. "When do you think you'll be here?"

"Not for a couple of months, at least," he said. "I need to save some gas money."

"Are you still driving that old truck?" she asked disapprovingly. "You know it doesn't have good mileage."

"Nah, I sold it off since the last time we talked," he said with a chuckle. "I'm driving a cute little wagon now."

"I wouldn't describe a wagon as 'cute' and 'little'," Elle said.

"Hey, no knocking on my ride," he said jokingly and sighed. "I'm real glad to hear your voice. I miss you so much, Elle."

"I miss you, too, Dad," she whispered as tears formed in her eyes.

Isaac cleared his throat. "It's getting late, sweetheart. Get some sleep. I'll give you a call again sometime."

"Okay, take care, Dad," she said. "Good night."

Chapter 12

Elle took a half-day off from work to go to the clinic to have her annual full body check-up. She requested to have her blood checked for STDs. Now that she was in a committed relationship, she needed to make sure she was healthy. She and Ben had been together for more than three months and she was more than ready to take the next step in their relationship. She had always enjoyed sex and she had a feeling being with Ben would most likely be phenomenal.

Elle fell into a routine where apart from working, was also spending more time with Ben as well as with River. Ben had spoken to Karen about River spending more weekends with him and she consented to every other weekend for now. Elle babysat River when Ben had to work and she bought a variety activity books for him as something that they could do together during those times.

"You know you are spoiling him," Ben murmured to her one night after he roused her from her sleep on the couch, surrounded by origami animals and crayons.

"These are for me as much as for him," she said. "He's sad for his grandfather. Karen already told him about it."

"Yes, she did," he said and pressed a kiss to her forehead. "Thank you for being here for him tonight."

"I'm glad to be here," Elle said.

"I wish you would stay the night. I worry for you to drive home this time of night."

"I promise you we'll get to that part soon," she said.

"You do know we don't have to have sex to share the same bed," he reminded.

"I know, but just because River is cool with us dating doesn't mean I could stay over whenever I want," she said.

"I get what you're saying, but that doesn't make me feel better about letting you go home alone at this hour," he said.

Elle smiled and gave him a kiss. "You're so sweet."

***

A few days later Ben fetched Elle from work. Zoe would be out on a date with Lizzie that night so Elle suggested that they order a takeout and spend a quiet night in at her apartment.

They hung out in the living room, watching TV with her snuggled up beside him. Elle's health report would be out in a couple of days' time and she felt nervous trying to bring up the subject with Ben. With her previous relationships, she had never been the first one to talk about sex. All of them had always been more than ready from the start and eager to get her in bed. Ben, on the other hand, seemed content to take things slow.

"Hey, something wrong?" Ben asked, pulling Elle's thoughts back to the present.

Her answer was almost automatic. "Nothing." Ben looked at her for a moment before reaching for the remote to turn the TV off.

"Talk to me," he said. "Please, Elle." She sighed. No point pretending everything was fine.

"I was thinking about taking our relationship to the next step," she muttered.

"Oh, which one is it?" he asked casually.

Elle scowled at him, annoyed that he was being clueless on purpose at an awkward moment like this. "How many steps are we supposed to take?" she asked; barely able to withhold the sarcasm from her voice.

"Off the top of my head? Meeting and having a meal with each other's folks, introducing and hanging out with each other's friends, taking a vacation together. Your meeting River as my girlfriend counts too," he said.

"So sex is not on your mind?" she asked incredulously.

"Of course sex is on my mind, Elle," he laughed. "But I'm hardly a teenager anymore; I'd like to think that I am mature enough not to let sex rule my life." With a teasing grin, he said, "I was just messing with you. I know what you were talking about. But I figured if it won't help with my marks in your good books if 'sex' to be the first thing that came out of my mouth." Elle bumped her shoulder against his but didn't say anything. "See, I was right," he said smugly. He put his arm around her and pulled her close and his expression turned serious. "I'm taking cues from you, Elle. I'm always taking cues from you. You just have to let me know. After getting to know you better these past months, I am in awe of you. You're brave, strong, intelligent and beautiful and I am the lucky bastard that you choose to be with. I can see myself falling in love with you, Elle, and I won't allow my need for you on a physical level to push you to do something you're not ready for."

Elle stared at him; she knew that he liked her, at least, liked her enough to want to be in a relationship with her, but to fall in love with her?

"You really think that?" she asked, her voice almost a whisper.

"I'm sure of that," he replied.

Elle cupped his cheek and placed a kiss on his lips. "That's the sweetest thing anyone had ever said to me."

Ben grinned sheepishly and ran a hand through his hair. "I hadn't meant to blurt it all out like this; I mean the timing is just terrible. I didn't say all those things to get into your pants. I meant every word."

"I believe you and I appreciate the honesty," she replied with a smile.

"But you'll let me know, right? When you're ready?" he asked in a hopeful voice.

"Would you like to cover the bases with me?" she asked him back sweetly.

"Oh hell, yes," he answered and she laughed at his eagerness. He pretended to be offended by her. "Hey, you can't tempt me with talks about covering the bases and then laugh at my face, you little shit."

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Elle giggled. "I promise to make it up to you."

Ben crossed his arms over his chest. "Humph! Make sure it's good," he said almost grumpily.

"I think you'll love this," she said and rose to her knees on the couch and positioned herself until she was straddling his lap. "Is this okay?" she asked.

"Not bad," Ben grunted as he leaned back against the couch with his fingers linked behind his head, looking calm and relaxed.

With a knowing smile, Elle leaned closer to him and kissed his jaw, brushing her lips lightly across his skin, working slowly to his mouth. She might seem like she knew what she was doing, but she was quivering with nerves on the inside.

Elle pulled back just before she reached Ben's parted lips and moved to the other side of his face to kiss his cheek, keeping her movement slow and deliberate. Ben tilted his head to the side, giving her space when she leaned in to kiss the side of his neck. His hands weren't linked behind his neck anymore; they were touching her arms in gentle caresses. His harsh breathing was the only indication that he was enjoying this as much as she was.

"I want you out of this shirt," she whispered and straightened so that Ben could pull the shirt off. Her gaze and fingers trailed down his bared torso, taking in the smattering of coarse body hair and the defined muscles of his chest and stomach. She pulled in a sharp breath at the sight of a patch of wrinkled skin on his side. It looked like scarring from a burn injury. She put a hand on it before looking back up at him questioningly.

Ben swallowed before answering. "It was the summer after I graduated from college," he began. "I was helping my grandfather at the diner. We were pouring away the hot oil when it slipped out of my hands. I had a couple of skin grafts and stayed at the hospital for three months. My grandfather was there for me every day. It was also one of the last memories I have with my grandfather. He died almost a year later."

Elle brushed her fingertips down his cheeks and gave him a kiss before sliding off his lap until she was kneeling in between his legs. Ben groaned out loud when she touched his chest and stomach with her lips and fingers. She moved her head to the side and he stiffened when he felt her lips against his scar.

She pulled back swiftly. "I'm sorry, I should have asked—"

Ben shook his head. "No, baby, I don't mind. I just... I've never had anyone touched me like this before."

"I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." Elle took his hand and linked their fingers together. "I can almost hear your pain when you talked about your grandfather. Your injury might have healed, but like you told me, this is one of the last memories you have of your grandfather. I don't know that man, but I can sense that you loved him very much."

"I did. I still do."

She nodded. "I know what it feels like to lose someone who was close to you," she said. Her hand brushed lightly on the scar. "And you have that reminder that you look at every day."

*

Ben felt his breath leave him. That was the first time somebody had made such a profound observation about him. He had never even made that connection himself; that his scar symbolized the loss of his beloved grandfather. He bent his head and caught Elle's lips with his, pouring all his love into the kiss, willing her to feel it. He slid his arms around her and tugged her back up to his lap until she was straddling him again. Elle gasped when she felt his erection pressing between her legs. Ben quickly pulled away from her.

"Am I going too fast?" he asked.

"No, it feels... good," she said. "I like it."

He grinned at her. "Do you want to take off your shirt then?"

"Is that a challenge?" she asked, teasing him back.

"You know what to say when you're game," he reminded.

Slowly she lifted his hand and pressed a kiss on the back of it. "Yes," she murmured before pulling away. "Yes," she repeated. "I want this with you, Ben." She lifted her shirt up and over her head, setting it aside on the couch. Ben's eyes automatically wandered down her torso, taking in the swells of her bra-clad breasts and the dip of her waist and her smooth skin, dotted with freckles before looking back up at her face.

"You're so beautiful," he breathed. He didn't even bother to school in his expression; the hunger for her was evident on his face. He wanted her so much. He slid his hand around her neck, pulling her in. "Elle, can I kiss you?" he whispered.

"Yes," she said again.

He kissed her cheek, his breath a heated caress against her skin. His tongue darted out to lick the pulse beating at the base of her neck. "Okay?" His question sent her body trembling with need.

"Yes."

Ben grinned as his mouth traveled along her collarbone, seducing her as she had done to him a few moments ago. He mimicked her slow and deliberate movements, giving Elle ample time to stop him if he went too far. She didn't; instead she sifted her fingers through his hair, pulling him closer, spurring him on. He kissed the tops of her breasts, sliding his tongue slightly under the material of her bra. Elle moaned and Ben pulled back to watch her, his fingers playing with the straps, testing her response. She reached behind her and her bra loosened. He helped slid the straps down her arms and a moment later she was gloriously bared to his gaze.

"You're perfect," he whispered. "So beautiful."

"Kiss me," she said just as softly. He leaned forwards and sealed his lips over hers. His naked chest brushed against her nipples and she whimpered at the contact. "Touch me," she moaned. His body tightened in response at the prospect of finally able to put his hands on her, but he forced himself to take a deep calming breath.

"Touch you where?" he asked.

"You can start by touching my back," she suggested. Ben immediately obeyed, his fingers tracing along the length of her spine and goose bumps broke out across her skin. "That feels good," she moaned and arched her back slightly.

"Oh baby, look at you," he said. "God, you have no idea, Elle... seeing you like this." He was not making any sense, but he was too far gone to care. His eyes focused on her heaving chest. Her long hair had fallen forward, her nipples peeking out at him between the dark tresses, teasing him endlessly. Elle took his hand and guided it to cover her breast. She kissed him as both his hands kneaded her, his fingers tweaking gently at her nipples.

A muffled sound of jangling keys was all the warning they had before the front door was unlocked and Zoe stepped into the apartment a second later.

"Oh my God!" she cried out at the same time Ben wrapped his arms around Elle and pulled her close with a muttered curse. "Liz, don't look! Let's go for coffee!" they heard her shrieking almost hysterically. "Sorry, guys!" she called out and the next moment the front door closed and everything was quiet again.

"Oh, God," Elle groaned and reached for her bra and shirt and put them on. They had been so lost in each other that they had forgotten that they were half naked in the living room and now were caught by Elle's roommate.

Ben almost laughed out loud. "That was exciting," he said, fighting to keep a straight face.

Elle apparently caught the look on his face, though, because she glared at him. "It's not funny."

"Come on," he said cajolingly. "I'm sorry that we were caught in a compromising position, but I'm not sorry for what happened."

She shook her head and giggled. "Zoe must be so mad right now. Let me call her before she orders her coffee." She grabbed her phone and called her roommate. After apologizing in-between more giggling, she hung up and looked over at Ben, who was stretched out comfortably on the couch. "You're not leaving?"

"Do you think I would leave you to do the explaining all by yourself?" he asked her back indignantly.

She smiled at his words. "I'm not sure how your presence will alleviate the awkwardness, but thanks for staying."

A few minutes later there was a knock on the front door and Elle rolled her eyes before she went to open it. "There's really no need to knock," she told Zoe standing on the other side.

Zoe grinned. "It's better to be safe than sorry." She entered the apartment followed by Lizzie. They both called out a greeting to Ben. "How would I know that I should start worrying about walking into a hot-and-heavy scene all of a sudden?" Zoe added.

Elle glared at her before turning to Ben. "Ben, you remember Zoe, my roommate. This is her girlfriend, Elizabeth."