Hero of Light, Princess of Darkness

Story Info
Thicc dark elf princess must fend off horny suiters...
6.3k words
4.64
4.1k
12
0

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/15/2023
Created 04/30/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Jmanchu
Jmanchu
18 Followers

A Ballad of Light and Darkness
Episode 1

Hero of Light and the Princess of Darkness

******************NOTE*******************

This is PART 1 of A Ballad of Light and Darkness. This part features the first two chapters, Prophecy: Champion of Light and Princess of Darkness. As a story where wars are a major part of the setting expect bloody battles, wars, savage duels, political intrigue, assassinations, etc. There will be violent content throughout the entirety of the story. Be warned.

**********************************************

<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>

Chapter 1

Prophecy: Champion of Light

<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>

Year 1212, Fourth Age.

"So, this is the lad?" An ancient dwarf inspected a trembling dark-haired youth with a gnarled hand gripping on his chin. His sagely gaze peered deep into the nervous young teenager's soul.

"Well?" Kyras, A tall blond elf in fine scarlet robes and an elegant circlet asked as others, dwarves, elves and men gathered around inside the dimly lit stone chamber. "Is it true?"

"No doubt. He is the one. Who'd have thought I'd live to see the day of prophecy come to pass?" The ancient dwarf, Hwitr chuckled. "Easy, lad. No one here will hurt you."

"This means the end times have come..."

"He is the one spoken of in the prophecy, but that doesn't mean the end of us," the ancient croaked.

A raven-haired man with knife-like ears recited grimly a passage in an old tongue:

"Folks of night turn slaves to darkness,

The wars they wage is their caress,

To lands they touch, kingdoms shall fall,

Men will turn on one another,

Son slays father, brother slays brother.

"Men of earth and mountain hide in caves,

Lament they will for their kin die slaves,

Apathy their sin, chains their price,

Prideful folk of and sun and moon,

They cry and wait for death comes soon.

"Old evils wake to stalk the night,

The darkness will devour the light,

Black Sorcerer King the herald,

Slave of the Dark Gods gives demise,

But from the ashes one will rise.

"Aided by the earth, moon and sun,

will heed the call, a champion,

Warrior, Champion of Light,

he'll know mistrust and betrayal,

With no light, alone he'll fall.

"His guiding star, Goddess Elune,

Guiding love shall be his moon,

In darkest night she shines bright,

To fight the Servant of Shadow,

But Dark Gods rise, reap death they sow."

"We don't know how much of these prophecies are accurate or even believable! How many different versions and interpretations of the prophecies even are there?" A red-haired man in a Frischian doublet crossed his arms. Some of the others grumbled in agreement. "Some warn that the Champion of Light will fall, and our world will be engulfed in death. That he may meet his death after slaying the Shadow Servant against the Dark Gods, or simply die. while others stay hopeful that he and his descendants will save the world from the darkness. Or that he may become confused as to who his true enemy is and even change allegiances for the sake of temptation!"

"And what do you propose we do? Stick our heads in the sand?" A dark-haired Nairubi chief stepped forward. "The Empire of Nu'rath led by the so-called 'Black Sorcerer King' with the wars they wage work tirelessly until they lay waste to everything. The evil devils and fiends that have grown more abundant stalking our lands bring their death and their plagues all around them. And our respective kingdoms have fallen to strife now content to war with each other! The first parts of the prophecy have already come to pass."

"Not to mention the nightmares we all have shared. The Dark Ones stir from their slumber in the underworld," Kyras spoke.

"So, what do we do?" asked the Frischian.

"We prepare," The old dwarf let go of the trembling youth as he meekly took steps back. Hwitr stroked his long white beard. "That is all we can do. The lad must be properly trained to face his destiny, and we, in turn, must prepare for ours.

<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>

Chapter 2

The Princess of Darkness

<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>

Year 1220, Fourth Age

A clear moonlit night hung over the Dark Elven capital of the great Empire of Nu'rath. It was a city of fine wood and stone that proudly displayed its architectural grace, industrial might, artisanal skill, and sophisticated beauty. The capital was a fine mix of the cultural tastes of the Nu'rathi with some influences from the nations which they've conquered and cowed. The walls and buildings were marked with elven runes of light that subtly whispered of mysterious power. The magic glyphs glowed softly with colored contrast to the stone and ebony walls they decorated.

The city mostly stayed still that night, aside from the occasional haunt and malevolent shadow that moved hidden in the darkness away from the magic lights of the city. As beautiful and remarkable the city was it was overshadowed by the great royal palace that sat proudly upon the mighty black-and-white mountain, Morluro, Mount Ash.

The Nu'kaili'n Palace, the Shadow Palace, was a wonder of the finest crafted stone and black marble. Its great outer walls and towers were adorned with ornate patterns of gilded lines, and ancient glyphs of power. Gemstones of magic from all around the world decorated the top parts of the structures. The palace shone like a magnificent black jewel. It reflected the tranquil light of the moon and the stars as it watched over the city itself. It was a majestic sight to behold, though a dark and ominous aura hung around its walls. A mighty palace, it was, worthy of the Nu'kaili himself, the Shadow Lord, Black Sorcerer King, God Emperor Nu'rothuat of the Great Nu'rath Empire.

Life stirred within the Shadow Palace as socialites of noble dark elven descent, donned in exquisitely elegant clothing with their vibrant colors and intricate party masks and veils, had all gathered for the great event that night. It was a celebration to honor Prince Krosimar's successful war campaign against the southern territories of Garmania. The palace's lush courtyard was alive with the sweet notes of intricate blooms from all around the world, and invited guests strolled leisurely to enjoy the colorful flowers. The fresh mountain breeze enveloped them with the soft rustling of leaves as the glittering stars spread across the night sky from above. The grand main hall, with its elegant white and black tiles shimmered from the arcane lights that decorated the intricately carved marble pillars casted a tranquil glow down on its merry guests.

As the ambience filled with chatter and gentle melody played by masters of woodwind instruments and harp, the guests reveled in the magic of that night, as servants brought the most aromatic delicacies for their pleasure. They savored the rich, aromatic flavors of spiced meats and the finest wines, and the halls filled with their festive laughter and chatter as they danced and mingled. It was a grand celebration, a worthy tribute to the mighty prince and his feared Black Sun Army as their general.

Liara sighed with great boredom as she crossed her shapely legs. She gently brushed back the long bangs of her short, silky white pixie hair with a casual motion of her hand away from her face. She adjusted the slit of her long, white silk dress.

Princess Liara was a small dark elven woman of striking beauty. Her flawless night black skin shined like moonlight from the care and treatment of fragrant oils that covered her body. She wore a sheer, embellished lace veil that allowed the delicate details of her face, from her plump crimson lips to her youthful cheeks with their soft glow to peak through. The young woman's enchanting, upturned ruby-red eyes peered above her veil.

She was dressed formally for her brother's event in a shining white silk dress that showed off the beauty of her bare, slender shoulders. Elegant, detached sleeves hung loosely down her arms from golden bands that decorated them to her slender wrists. Liara's body was adorned with the finest gems and webs of gold-threaded chains which flattered and accentuated her curves, from her elegant neck down to her dainty ankles. her hair was woven with nets of jeweled threads that glittered in the light. Off of her fair elven ears dangled silver-and-gold earrings of the finest quality.

"Is something wrong, my princess?" asked a young dressed up Nu'rathi noble in a decorated half-mask with a hint of nervousness. He attentively kept his gaze on her.

"Nothing is the matter ... My lord," Liara replied, not bothering to hide her apathy. She did not even bother to look directly at the man talking to her. He was yet another, oh, so ambitious nobleman, yet another fool stepping in a busy line of suitors hungry for power. Liara groaned; she caught the moron yet again with his eyes so blatantly at a disrespectful level on her chest. At least have the consideration to be more discreet with your attempts to eye me if you don't have the etiquette to keep your baser animal instincts at bay, you idiot.

Liara tactfully slid her jewel-adorned hand to cover her cleavage; it peered through the transparent lace design on the upper part of her dress that tied to a neck loop. She really wished her brother would quit trying to set her up with these fools and stop involving her in his little political power games. She just could not be bothered to play politics or pretend to be the perfect princess, not on that night.

"Are you sure everything is alright, princess? Well, alright. Anyways, as I was saying, I was in a glorious hunt with my father for this great boar, a wild and fearsome beast that terrorized the local simple folk. You know who he is, yes? The famous Red Duke of the South, of course. Anyways..." The young noble continued enthusiastically.

Liara rested her hand on her chin as she casually glanced over where her brother, Krosimar sat. He was a tall man with hair, white like ash, that fell neatly down to his shoulders. His skin was a dark, stony gray complexion. He wore a black-and-gold doublet and extravagant silk cape.

Krosimar was charismatically telling yet another story to a captivated group of noblemen and women. Perhaps it was a tale of a triumph that happened in one of his latest battles, a tale full of dramatic suspense, danger, and a grandiose description of how his perfect bravery and wit saved the day, no doubt. Or another one of his, oh, so witty stories about the peculiarities of the one of the other nobles or something amusing that occurred in his grand day to day life.

Her brother, Krosimar, had a way of commanding a room wherever he went. He was the envy and darling of the royal courts and Nu'rathi noble social life with his many talents, wit, and charisma. He was so different to her as he seemed to thrive on all the attention which he constantly surrounded himself with. While Liara, though not a stranger to politics and playing the ideal hostess, sometimes found it all exhausting.

Prince Krosimar was Liara's half-brother as they only shared a father. Though they were not close as siblings, their relationship was mostly amicable and formal. Yet her life seemed caught in his controlling web of influence just like the lives of the Nu'rathi nobles and royal court members.

"... And that is how my father, and I caught the boar! And after the work we did for the trap we so cleverly had set for him! All for nothing because the fool practically caught himself for us before we could use it! Isn't that so funny?" The young dukeling grinned and laughed at his own story. He took a sip of his drink and eagerly awaited Liara's approval of his story.

"... Funny," Liara finally responded after a moment.

"Are you sure you're alright, Princess? I can get us some more refreshments if you'd like," asked the dukeling as he signaled with a raised hand to his side for a servant to come.

"No, it's quite alright. Thank you, I... I just need some fresh air..." Liara sighed. She glanced at the dukeling as she struggled to recall his name. Lorusi... Or Lou'soro... was his name? She could not be bothered to remember. She just needed to get away to breathe, just for a moment. She waved off the fully masked servant that appeared and stood up.

"I can accompany you if..." He started.

"Alone, thank you," Liara smiled as she gently stopped him with a graceful gesture of her hand. "Thank you for the company, my lord, but perhaps we could continue this another day? I fear I am not feeling too well right now. my sincerest apologies..."

The dukeling hid his disappointment with a grin, "oh. No worries, my princess. Perhaps, tomorrow, then?"

"We'll see..." Liara coyly tilted her head with a gentle smile as she looked at the dukeling with a light flutter of her long eyelashes. "Good night... "

"Uh, Good night, princess. We shall continue this tomorrow then, if you are willing!" The dukeling called out enthusiastically as Liara walked away.

Lou'roso, proud son of the famous Red Duke of the South, stared on like an eager hound as he took in her delicate, spellbinding fragrance which lingered in the air as a teasing goodbye. He could not take his eyes off the beautiful woman as she walked away.

The way Princess Liara's womanly hips swung so naturally in perfect rhythm appeared as a sensuous dance to him. It was not just her ethereal beauty that he found so irresistible but the artful, gracefully feminine way the princess carried herself as well. Her presence was so elegant and mysterious. Everything about her was truly fitting for a woman of her high status: Beauty, class, wit, the promise of political power for any man in the empire worthy enough to take her as his wife; Princess Liara had everything any man could ever desire.

Before he let his mind wander off into what filthy things he would do to her if they were alone, the Red Duke's son, with sudden self-awareness, ripped his gaze away from the Princess' body. Nervously, he looked around to see if anyone saw him. He had been blatantly defiling with his eyes the princess of the most powerful empire in the realm. No one saw, right...? Oh gods.

<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>

Liara sighed as she peered over the balcony overlooking the quiet capital of Nu'rath and took in the cool night breeze. The city itself seemed so peaceful with the tranquil canopy of stars above as she gazed at the glittering shine of the city rune lights. The magic lights shimmered so beautifully in their many dazzling colors as their glow gently bathed the city streets and their fine structures and walls. "The Jewel of the Night," was the name the people fondly called their capital. It was beautiful to look upon, but Liara likened it to the jewels of a gilded bird's cage.

The princess let herself daydream. She looked less at the city, but beyond to let her mind escape away to the exotic lands beyond what she could see. For a moment, her heart settled on the peaceful islands of the marids with its fresh salt air, white beaches and warm sun.

She thought of the southern lands of Leon, Garmania and Frischia with their beautiful green groves and mountainous pastures, expansive plains, the crystal-clear rivers, and the clean blue forest lakes during the spring and summer seasons. And she reflected on the serene white that blanketed the landscape during the late autumn and wintertime.

Then her mind rested on the dunes of Tarun and Nairub, where fresh oasis waters and tranquil green groves hid away in the dry desert oceans of sand and scorching sun that extended beyond its horizons. For a moment there was no bickering drama, no tiring cutthroat politics, or the spy-work training for the war effort that dictated her life in the Nu'rath Empire.

She looked at a ring on her right hand, an intricate gold ring with a dark black stone of magic adorned with a red hourglass symbol. It bore the insignia of the Black Widow Sisterhood, an order of dark elven sorceresses that loyally served the empire under the Shadow Lord and the Spider Queen. They were feared by many as wicked women, as spies and assassins sent to cause the eventual downfall of nations and the subtle ruin of powerful men foolish enough to call Nu'rath their enemy. Soon she would be on her first true mission.

Liara clenched the rails of the balcony with her fist and sighed. How often had she wished she had the strength to run away from it all? How often had she fantasized within that balcony about a destiny away from her life at Nu'rath and the strangling influences of the Nu'rath royal courts? To imagine a life away from the influence of her royal family? Liara puffed her cheeks as she rested down against the ornate rail before blowing out all the air from her mouth. Was there really any other destiny to find other than her life in the empire?

"A beautiful night tonight, isn't it, Princess?" Spoke a voice behind Liara.

Liara turned to see a tall, proud looking dark elven man who held his head high. He was clad in fashionable Nu'rathi silken men's garb of black-and-gold and an ornate eye mask. His long black hair was tied in a low ponytail. The princess let out a quiet groan. Suuro... Great.

Lord Suuro, second son of the esteemed White Duke of the North, was once a childhood friend. He was also a former flame of hers whom she had once loved. She had nearly given her first time to him, once. But people move on, and they learn from their mistakes, as she did.

Liara looked away from Lord Suuro. "I guess..."

"Indeed." Lord Suuro joined Liara's side and rested his hands on the balcony rails as he stared out into the city. Liara shrank away slightly from the man's presence but he paid no notice. He shook his head in awe. "It still takes my breath away every time I am able to see the city from this view. How privileged one feels to enjoy this majestic view while the cool mountain breeze refreshes the soul and to call all this yours...The Jewel of the Night. A true testament to everything our empire has accomplished. What we accomplished under the rule of your father, the Nu'kaili, and what he and the previous Nu'kailim, his fathers before him, have accomplished for our people's sakes, to bring our grace and rule to the unenlightened and inferior races and nations of the realm."

"Hm," Liara puffed out her cheeks as she tapped the rails with her fingers.

"Ah... forgive me. I am not intruding on you, am I? If you wish it, I will make myself scarce, princess. Just tell me so and it shall be done," Lord Suuro stared at Liara, waiting.

"Do whatever you like..." Liara answered with a sigh.

Suuro turned back to face the view of the city below him. A tense silence fell between the two of them before he broke it: "You must be so proud of your brother, Krosimar. After all he's accomplished, and yet he's still so driven to do more for the empire. He is the pride of us all. A true exemplar of what we should aspire to be. A grand day it will be when he takes over his father's throne as the next Nu'kaili to lead us."

"The chances of my brother or anyone else ever succeeding my father is unlikely," Liara answered. "My father has no intention of stepping down from his throne. He's immortal. I'd advise against that sort of talk." She narrowed cutting eyes at the nobleman. "Some might view it as treasonous."

"Ah..." Lord Suuro trailed off. His eyes darted away as he winced with a lip bite. "My apologies. It was an honest mistake... I meant nothing by it, princess. Really." The dark elf noble coughed. He eventually glanced back with a smile. "Your father was the one who saved our people from calamity when we needed a savior. He is, after all, the only one since the first Shadow Lord to brave the underworld in person, face its trials, meet the Dark Ancients to learn their arcane secrets, unearth the many dark mysteries of the underworld for himself, and to have returned alive from his ordeal as 'The Black Sorcerer King.' God Emperor of the world. Many even say he is the first Nu'kaili reborn."

Jmanchu
Jmanchu
18 Followers
12