Hero Worship Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Taylor

God, what the hell was I doing? Telling this complete stranger my life story? Damn, but she was easy to look at. And I really wanted to run my fingers through that hair. Combine that with those soft brown eyes and, damn. And that voice, geez, almost a childlike soprano. I was already daydreaming about what it would sound like moaning in ecstasy. I needed to switch it up.

"So how about you? Why architecture?"

She grinned and blushed, making my heart melt just a little. "Probably because of my parents, they're both in real estate, in ways. Dad's a developer; mom's an agent. I always loved looking at the buildings. It's how they met, mom was selling space in one of the properties dad's company built up." Aly shrugged. "I guess it worked out, it's been twenty-five years."

"A happy twenty-five?"

"Yeah, I think so, most of it." She looked down, suddenly vulnerable. "I've always been terrified of my parents getting divorced. I saw it happen to so many of my friends, the fighting, nights and holidays here and there. I shouldn't worry, I mean, they're still crazy about each other."

"It's just you and your sister?"

"Yeah." She looked me in the eyes "That's why I had to come, to thank you. Kelsey, she's real special. If she'd, uh." Aly swallowed heavily before continuing, her voice shaking. "If she'd died, I don't know, but, something... they adore her. We all do. I don't know if we could've made it, if they would've made it."

She reached across the table and put her hand on mine, and it made my entire arm feel warm. "That's why I had to come. You didn't just save my sister. You saved my whole family. Thank you. I owe you so much."

The intensity in her eyes took my breath away. I tried not to stammer. "Hey, you don't owe me anything; I was just doing my job. I'm really glad she's okay, all right?"

"I just want to do something for you." She blushed adorably.

"A trip to Fiji? Maybe a new car?" I smirked at her to let her know I wasn't serious.

She smiled. "I was thinking more like dinner with my family, maybe a friend. I just don't want you to disappear into the sunset like Shane."

I sighed. "That's sweet, but you don't really want that."

Her eyes fell. "Sure I would, why not?" The hurt in her voice was evident, and that wrenched my heart. What the hell was I doing? I stood up.

"Thank you for lunch, but I have to get back to my tower."

Aly stood as well. "I'm sorry if I did something wrong. Please don't go."

I looked into her big, brown, doe eyes. Damn it, I was sick of the universe doing this to me. Maybe God did hate me, like my father had said. "Look, you're a nice kid, especially for a rich girl from L.A., but you don't want to take me home to your parents, and you don't want your sorority friends seeing you hang out with me."

Her hand went up to the Epsilon Kappa Tau necklace she was wearing. "I don't understand."

I stepped towards her, and she didn't move away. I was going to finish this off before I got hurt. And maybe wake her up a little. "Okay. You want to understand?" She started to say something but I didn't let her get it out, sliding my hand behind her head and covering her lips with mine. She gave a small squeal, and stiffened under my touch. I didn't push the matter, pulling away after just a second. What I hadn't been ready for was the feeling of loss when our mouths parted. I needed to go, now. "Now you understand."

I walked swiftly back toward the ocean, only glancing back once. She was still standing there, her hand touching her lower lip. I turned away. At least that was the last I'd see of her. The thought made my eyes burn with an unshed tear.

Alyssa

My world was reeling. I couldn't help my hand from rising slowly to my mouth, which was still humming from that kiss. My fingers touched my lower lip, causing a jolt pleasure to run through my body. Her closeness had had a palpable energy, almost pulling me towards her. I hadn't kissed her back. I wasn't a lesbian.

Oh, God, why hadn't I kissed her back? The deepest part of me didn't like the simple explanation, and it wanted to know. Why had my heart raced when she stepped close, and why did it hurt watching her walk away? And oh my God, why hadn't I kissed her back?

I sort of floated in a daze back to my Mini Cooper, climbing inside and turning on the AC while I sat there staring at myself in the mirror, wondering if my lips were ever going to stop tingling. I took a few deep breaths. Now what? I should head over to the hospital. That had been the plan at least. But still, I was just sitting here. Alright, Aly, work the problem. What do we have? I mean, she's a lesbian. She'd kissed me, and used that as a reason why I wouldn't want to spend any more time with her. Which kind of made me mad. I guess she just assumed I was a homophobe, probably because my parents had money?

And she was assuming I was straight. Well, to be fair that probably wasn't a big leap. I know she'd been watching me flirt with Luke on Saturday.

This is the part where I protest that some of my best friends are lesbians, but that'd be a lie. As far as I know I didn't know any lesbians. There'd been a few possibles on my sports teams in high school, some speculation, but no one was out. That hadn't been true school wide, but the ones who were, well, it was interesting. You had to be accepting enough not to appear to be a bigot, especially to teachers and such, but hateful enough that your friends wouldn't suspect you were one.

And I wasn't. I'd had boyfriends. I hadn't been in love yet, but they were nice and sex was okay. Of course, 'okay' is what you call sex when it's disappointing and unfulfilling. But it was once in high school and somewhat more regularly in college. What do college boys know about sex, anyway? It was bound to get better, right?

What would it be like to date a woman? Who knows? She was, well, beautiful, tall, athletic. She reminded me of the girls I'd always wanted to befriend in high school on my soccer team, but I'd always gotten tongue-tied around. I'd never had that problem with boys. My friends would talk about getting all discombobulated around cute guys. Sometimes they even said they envied the easy way I could talk to boys. If only they knew.

To be honest, the possibility had always niggled at the back of my mind, but I'd told myself I just admired the girls in the posters in my room. I wanted to be them, not be with them. Had I been lying to myself? I took a deep breath, closed my eyes, and imagined walking next to Taylor, letting my hand slip into hers, and as soon as I did something deep inside me purred in contentment. Her face swam before my inner eye for a moment before bending to kiss me. And this time I didn't just stand there like a stump, instead imagining myself kissing her back, my hands running up over her shoulders. A shudder ran down my spine at the thought, followed by a definite tickle between my legs.

My eyes snapped open, my breathing becoming quicker. Ok, what the hell was that? That annoying, rational part of my brain answered immediately. That is what didn't happen when you thought about kissing your last boyfriend. Or any of the boys you meet for that matter. I'm in college right? This is the perfect chance to experiment, isn't it? And she's not someone at school, no one would know. Besides she'd probably love the chance to convert a rich, straight girl.

Before I could talk myself out of it I opened my car door and climbed out. I could see her tower a few hundred yards away. Putting one foot forward, then another, I walked quickly in her direction. By the time I got there my pulse was racing.

She was there, sitting in her chair, sunglasses on, obviously focused on the water.

"Hey, Taylor!" She visibly started when she looked down, shaking her head slightly. She pulled off her sunglasses, fixing me with those incredible blue-grey eyes, making my mouth go instantly dry.

"I didn't think you'd be back." She put her sunglasses back on and looked out over the bay.

I looked around at the people, a couple of which were looking at us. "Can we talk for a second?"

She sighed and motioned me to come up, running her fingers through her short blonde hair as I did, sitting up a little straighter. I sat down next to her on the deck. She wasn't making eye contact, but I understood that, she had to keep her eyes on her swimmers.

"So, stupid statements first. You're a lesbian?" That earned me a smirk. God, that was cute. I swallowed heavily. "Um, I'll take that as a yes. And you think I'm attractive?"

"I don't think it's a matter of opinion."

My cheeks burned with color, but I didn't look away. "So why don't you just ask me out?"

I don't think that's what she was expecting, as even behind the sunglasses I saw her surprise.

"Aly, have you ever dated a woman?" I stuttered for a second before she tried again. "Have you ever been on a date with a woman?" I bowed and shook my head no. "Have you even thought about it?"

"Sure." That wasn't a total lie. I'd thought about it just now in my car.

"Uh-huh." The sarcasm was thick as she sat back in her chair.

Suddenly I felt a lot less sure of myself. My voice got smaller. "So, do you want to take me out?"

She gave me that cute smirk, which made my heart do a little flip in my chest. I realized for a moment how badly I wanted the answer to be yes. She leaned forward and pulled off her sunglasses, her lovely alto husking over as she spoke. "If I take you out, I'm going to want to hold your hand, pull you close while we dance, even kiss you again."

I found that I couldn't breath. "Okay." I squeaked the word out, nodding my head.

Taylor crooked her finger. "Come here." Almost in a trance I leaned forward, my eyes fluttering closed as she pressed her lips to mine. Every nerve in my body sprang to life, my skin just humming with joy. Her mouth was so soft as I moved against it, and I felt a sigh escape my lips. God, this was heaven.

Heaven only lasted a moment before she pulled away, leaving me stunned and shaking. But I'd kissed her back that time, and it had been wonderful.

That little smirk again. "Are you free Tuesday night?"

A stupid, schoolgirl grin spread across my face. "Yeah."

"Give me your phone." I fumbled in my small purse for a moment before managing to pull out my cell phone and unlocking it. She quickly added a contact and sent herself a text before handing it back. "Send me your address and I'll pick you up at seven." She sat back, turning her attention again towards the water.

"Yeah, I will." I stood up on shaky legs and found my way down to the sand. As I walked away I glanced back. She was looking at me again, a real smile on her face this time. I felt like I could fly.

I made it back to my Mini. As soon as the engine was on and the AC humming I gave an excited little scream. I remembered when I was fifteen, and after a football game my best friend Erin had come back to my house to spend the night. She'd flopped down on my bed with this incredible, dreamy look on her face. Martin Jones had kissed her under the bleachers, and she was over the moon.

I'd been happy for her, but I couldn't wait for my turn. When it had finally come I'd been so nervous. He was very nice, taking me out to dinner and then mini golfing. He'd opened my door when he brought me home, and then he kissed me. And nothing. No fireworks, no tingles, nothing like what my friends were describing. I pretended there were, of course, at least when I talked to them. Maybe he just wasn't the right guy. I hadn't dated a lot, but enough, I thought. By now I'd kissed about half a dozen boys and precisely none had made me feel like I did right now.

I was too logical a person not to think about what that might mean. Was I gay? Maybe. But if being a lesbian meant I got to feel like this, and have kisses like those, I was okay with it. For the moment, at least.

Taylor

Jesus, that girl was like a bad penny. A curvy, beautiful, delicious bad penny. God, that'd been a good kiss. It had been chaste, no tongue, but she'd felt so nice. I wanted to run my fingers through that hair like you wouldn't believe. And the way she'd been looking at me, damn, that could make a gal excited. I shifted in my chair, feeling the evidence of my lingering arousal. If she'd stayed much longer it would've made the rest of the afternoon a lot less comfortable.

When was the last time I'd gone on a date? Like, a real date? At least six months. After Gillian had left me, God, that was four years ago, I didn't want to date. An occasional hook-up at a club when I needed it, sometimes a girl from a party, nothing even remotely serious. Vicky & Jen had tried to fix me up a few times but I'd managed to get out of most of them.

Down on the sand some teenage boys had let their roughhousing get a bit out of hand, so I blew my whistle and shouted at them to stop. They did, but the distraction broke through my reverie and I was able to get my mind back on my work. I'd think about the date afterwards.

When that time came I found myself heading back out to the warehouse. The air whistled past my helmet as I rode up the PCH, her face dominating my thoughts on the way. I tried to remember when I'd met Gillian. Had I been like this? I don't know, and I really didn't want to think about that.

I pulled into my spot. It being a Sunday evening there were plenty of other cars there. It was an interesting and eclectic mix of broken down old jalopies. I smiled inside. An observant person could probably match up each ride with the artist inside based just on personality.

I got a few nods and welcome calls, but most were too absorbed in what they were doing to notice my arrival. I sat down at my bench and pulled out the piece I'd been working on. I stared at it for a minute. I knew what needed to be done, but I just wasn't into it. I glanced to where my sketchbook was sticking out from a shelf. I picked it up and flipped to the last used page, where Aly's face looked out over an unseen ocean. I picked up my pencil and added some shading. She was so beautiful. The picture seemed to come to life on the page, blushing shyly and turning to look at me with those big brown eyes through her long lashes.

I stood, going over to my crate of rebar, pulling out a base plate and several long pieces. Two hours and a few misfires later I'd tacked together a frame. It'd used most of what I'd had, but I could see it, see her, now. The frame was over four feet tall. I looked through some of the scrap metal I had lying around, but none of it would be acceptable. I'd need some good steel sheets, probably forty, fifty square feet worth, high quality. I'd have to call my supplier tomorrow. I really couldn't do anything more until I had them, so I went back to my bench.

I made myself work a bit on some of the smaller pieces. I wanted a dozen or so for the art fair in October; I usually made a few good sales there, but my attention kept pulling back towards the frame. What I was doing? Large pieces were hard to transport and even harder to sell. But I needed to do it, just like I needed to take her out Tuesday.

What would I do with her? I really wanted to take her dancing; the thought of holding her close caused a delicious shiver to roll over me. A few good moves, a little bump and grind and I'd get her worked up enough for her to let me take her back to my place. A good fucking with my strap on and that bi-curiosity would be satisfied, and then I'd never see her again. She'd go back to USC and her frat boys and I could get on with my life, such as it was.

But... I wanted to get to know her, too. I don't know why, it was so much easier when I didn't. But that kiss though, the second one especially, damn. I hadn't been able to help it, Aly just pressed my buttons. She was sweet, and it didn't feel like she was out to get something. And that look in her eyes when I'd leaned in close, it was more than desire, it was, I don't know... wonder. I wanted to see that again. I knew I wanted to see what she looked like when she came, but also when she laughed, or smiled. I wanted to kiss her tears away when she cried.

I grabbed my phone and opened my contacts.

"Caratini's, Georgio speaking."

"Hi Mr. Caratini, it's Taylor Knox, I'm Jennifer and Vicky Wilson's friend? Do you remember me?"

"Si, Senorita Taylor, of course I do, how can I help you?" I often wondered how much of his Italian accent was affected, but his customers seemed to love it. So did I. I could almost hear his big bushy gray mustache lifting into that wide smile.

"I'm taking someone out on Tuesday, and I was wondering..."

"Of course, senorita, any friend of Senoras Vicky and Jennifer has always a table here. When will we see you and your lady friend?"

I told him seven-thirty and wished him a buona sera. Just as I disconnected a text came through from Aly's number.

"Hi, it's Aly. My address is 5719 Terrance Ct, North Vista. What time should I be ready?"

Me - Seven OK?

Aly -- Sure. I'm really excited, BTW.

Me -- So am I. See you then. Sleep tight.

Aly -- You too, hopefully I dream about you.

Me -- I'd like that.

Alyssa

Taylor -- I'd like that.

I lay on my bed and squealed into my pillow. I couldn't believe how excited I truly was. Taffey meowed at me from the floor, and I reached down and picked up the old calico and cuddled her, reveling in the softness of her fur, letting her rumbling purr soothe me.

"Taffey, I have a date on Tuesday. I can't wait."

"Meow. Rrrrrrr."

"And Taffey, it's with a woman. She's handsome and beautiful all wrapped into one. I really like her." I kissed my cat on her head. "I think I might be gay."

"Meow." Snuggle, snuggle.

"I knew you wouldn't care, sweet girl." I scratched her behind her ears, stretching out on my bed and looking up at the posters of all the soccer players on my wall. Was I gay? The kiss I'd had earlier today... best kiss of my life, hands down. The thought of just holding her hand made me all warm and fuzzy inside. Being held by her, the idea of that made me tingle in lovely, private places.

I really concentrated on one of the posters. I imagined dancing with the woman in it, her arms around my waist. Ooh, those warm feelings were back. Not as strong as when I pictured Taylor, but they were there. I replaced the person holding me in my mind with a guy from the men's team. The tingle went away, and my fantasy self recoiled from his touch a little.

Oh, shit. I was going on my first real date in two days. I didn't sleep much that night.

The next day was Freshman Orientation and Kelsey had volunteered to help. Mom said she could skip it if she wanted, but she insisted on going.

So I sat home alone, pulling every item of clothing I owned out of my closet and trying them on, modeling for Taffey and my sister's cat Sparkle. I finally settled on an LBD with a pleated skirt that twirled up when I spun around. I knew that would tease her, hopefully driving her a little crazy. I had some black dance briefs to wear with it, not wanting to give too much of a show, and I loved the tight top with the racer back straps. It showed enough cleavage to get Taylor's attention, but not so much as to give my dad a heart attack when I came down the stairs.

That decision being made I didn't have anything to do but twiddle my virtual thumbs, flipping around social media. I had a few texts from my sisters at EKT, mostly 'can't wait to see you's, but there was one from my best friend Sadie. We'd spent an hour Skyping after my last day at my internship and planning for our return to campus, but I hadn't talked to her since. She was a psychology major, and could read me like a book. If I talked to her while I was this excited she'd know immediately something was up and make me tell her everything. I wasn't ready for that, not yet.

123456...8