Heroic Act Triggers Taking a Gamble

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The police came the next day and took my statement. I learned that the shooter was a 43-year-old white male, divorced and unemployed. His ex-wife said he was an alcoholic but had it in his mind that he lost the house, and ultimately her respect and the marriage because of the bank calling the loan and then repossessing the house. She was quick to point out that what really killed the marriage and her respect for him was the drinking, the unemployment, the feeling sorry for himself, and his inability to get beyond the loss of his job.

"You Know," said the lead Detective, "Your employees and customers think you are a hero, and frankly so do we. What you did in jumping into the action is rare, and although you were only inches from getting your head blown off, this time the bad guy dies instead. You saved the lives of all the tellers and customers and who knows how many others. We really just wanted a quick statement but more than that we wanted to thank you very much for your courage and actions." With that he shook my hand and left.

The next visit was the Doctor telling me that they had performed emergency surgery when I was brought in, and they had first assured that the arteries were okay, but my clavicle on the left side was broken and it was pinned together. He figured that I would be in a sling for five weeks, and it would be a good 12 or more weeks before I could bear any weight on the arm and shoulder and maybe six months given a lot of physical therapy, before it started to return to any kind of pre-gunshot condition. "But the good news is that you'll be out of here tomorrow with a bottle of pain pills, a sling, and no doubt your company will be setting up a disability income and time enough for you to recover."

Later that day a group of my employees along with my boss, Harvey, came in to visit and there were hugs and tears all around. Each employee profoundly thanked me for saving their lives. The Boss told me he had talked with the lawyers and HR group at corporate headquarters and not only was I on a 100% disability payment, but I was being bonused $50,000 to compensate me for the physical and mental pain I had and would be going through. He also assured me that the entire hospital and rehab bills were being paid through workmen's comp and I wouldn't see a dime of my own money required to get me through this.

"Wow Harvey, maybe I found a money-making gig here? I have to say, I feel like I earned the bonus but is a bit unusual isn't it?"

"Don't sweat it, Jack. You can use the money for anything you want, guilt free. You're a hero man, you have a whole new reputation to mold and for the world to see. But we will still know you as the somewhat crotchety but loveable employee that we somehow seem to value."

That got a good laugh from the group as they again gave me hugs and thanks and left the room. Between the multiple naps and vitals exams, I had a lot of time to think about the future and what I might do to change my life. A dim plan started to form in my mind as I nodded off yet again.

That evening Molly came in and snuck in a DQ Vanilla Fudge Malt. "Molly, you are a vision of loveliness and it isn't just the vanilla malt talking. I miss our nightly fights, how about you? No, don't answer that, I'm just kidding. I'm coming home tomorrow; think you can handle that?"

"Jack, all our friends, relatives, neighbors and even strangers have been really gracious and complementary about your new-found hero status. Several of your employees have called me up and told me what a great boss you have been to them and how you sprang into action immediately without any concern for your life! I had no idea you were so popular at the bank, especially given how you tell me you hate that job."

"I'm not real comfortable with the hero thing Molly. It's more like I just got incredibly pissed off that someone was in causing trouble and I had no idea what I was walking into or maybe I would have turned and hid under my desk?"

"No, Jack. I know you wouldn't. I know what kind of man you are and I'm so very proud of you." With that, Molly looked sad and dropped her head and said, "But we just aren't right Jack, and I'm not sure what to do about it. We either have to fix ourselves or we need to separate. But let's get through your rehabilitation and healing as best we can without killing each other and then we can try to figure out where our lives are both going."

"Molly, I apologize for..."

"No Jack. Not now. Let's just agree on a truce for the time being. No mean comments, no snide remarks, no earth-shattering discussions or decisions. Let just set everything aside and get you healthy. I'll be there to help you until we get past this Jack!"

Jack returns home and starts his rehab.

I had taken $4,000 of the bonus money and purchased a new high speed laptop computer and a couple of large monitors and a new headset and camera. I was spending my time when Molly was at work trying to concentrate on what I hoped my new career might be. I was also doing my best not to think about what Molly and her boss John's relationship was. She had been quick to come home right after work and spend her time with me, so I was fairly confident, indeed impressed, that she wanted to help me get past this.

I set aside $10,000 of bonus money in a trading account to finance my stock trades. I spent the first two hours of the day doing stock research and reviewing the early market analysis reports, then setting stock change alarms, and executing day trades. Surprisingly enough, I was pretty good at the research and had a strategy that anything that went up 5 to 10%, I would consider selling, and for sure sell if it went over 15%. Anything that went down 3-4% I would immediately sell. I was on average making $300 per day on just scalping stocks from all of the volatility the market was exhibiting.

I spent the next four hours playing in on-line poker tournaments, concentrating on Texas Hold'em and 7 card stud games. I financed my gambling with another $10,000 from the bonus, leaving me with $25,000 in funds for a new future. My disability pay was at 100% and therefore still covering my portion of our mortgage and operating expenses, so I decided to experiment and see if I could sustain at least my current income between day trading and gambling. I was up and down in tournaments, but at the end of the first few weeks I was averaging winnings of $250 per day. I was getting pretty excited that I could make this work.

Molly was true to her word and came home every day right after work and made me dinner, helped me change my bandages and wash my wounds, and we had started walking around the block together to start me slowly back on the road to recovery.

"Molly, I know you are missing your gym time; you know it's okay for you to go and I can walk on my own."

"I don't mind Jack. I like helping you instead of yelling at you. Besides, we have to get you healthy enough to go back to work."

"Well, let's not worry about that Molly. I'm going to milk this disability leave as long as I can! But I do love walking and talking with you. I don't know when and why we quit taking time for ourselves to be together and talk, but this has been really nice for me, having you by my side."

I wasn't kidding. Our walks had become the highlight of my day. We talked about the good old days, when we were first dating and getting to know each other. We talked about what made us fall in love with each other, and listening to her gave me some clues as to what I needed to do to regain the person I was.

One night as we laid in bed Molly whispered, "Remember Jack how right after we were married, we moved into that dumpy apartment in Uptown and how we had no furniture, no TV, no money for fancy dinners or expensive nights out, but we were still so happy. You were so positive and loving; and I could do no wrong in your eyes. We just loved being together, it didn't matter what we had. You became not only my lover, but my absolute best friend. I loved those days!"

"Molly, I remember how spontaneous we were. We would try anything, whether it was ballroom dancing, roller-blading, bike riding, camping. We had a blast being together and doing new things that were physical and active. Remember our motto was 'Cheap Thrills are the Best Thrills!' I miss those days too when just doing anything together would be fun; it didn't matter what it was. Do you think we could get back to that feeling again Molly?"

"Jack, a lot has happened. We've been in a rut. We don't do anything new together, we fight, we work too much, we pay bills and take care of the house, but when was the last time we really went out and had fun together. Our daily walks are probably the most fun we've had together in months. What happened to us Jack?"

"Molly, can you cuddle with me? My right arm still works pretty good and I really need to just hold you right now." She moved close to me and I pulled her in with my right arm and started to gently kiss her lips, her neck, and then we started to French kiss each other as I moved my right hand down to her lovely ass and started to massage it.

"Molly, please take off your clothes."

"Jack, are you sure you are ready for this?"

"Molly, I'm sure this is just what the Doctor would order. We both need this; it's been too long!"

With that she removed her clothes and I said, "Molly, I can't support myself yet with this bum shoulder, so can you climb on top of me?" As she straddled me, she started to rub her pussy up and down on my groin and I reached up and started to pinch and caress her nipples. She soon started to breath harder and moan a bit and bent over so I could suck and nibble on her perfect brown nipples, that were now standing out like pencil erasers.

With my right hand under her left leg, I started to pull her body up my chest saying, "Molly, I need to taste you. It's been far too long. Please crawl up her and put that lovely pussy of yours on my mouth." I was happily surprised that she was so excited that she didn't hesitate and said, "Yeah Jack, please suck me and lick me. Please make me cum for you Jack."

I gently teased her clit, kissing, nibbling, flicking, and sucking on it until her breathing became ragged and she said, "You better stop Jack, I'm going to cum!", but I just held her down as best I could until she started to aggressively rub her pussy up and down my face and tongue and I just kept licking until she arched her back, pushed her pussy into by face and gushed her orgasm into my mouth as she screamed and moaned.

As soon as she had regained her breathing, she slid down and impaled her pussy on my rock-hard cock that had been out of action for so long it was as hard and as large as it had ever been. "Fuck me Jack, and make me yours!" I did just that, pumping away as fast and as hard as I could until I exploded my pent-up load into her pussy, and feeling me cum put her over the edge and she came hard and fast with me, exclaiming, "Oh God, yes. Oh, it's so good. Oh Jack, thank you!"

The next few days we were calm, happy and courteous to each other, but it wasn't as if we were anywhere close to being together again. As we entered the house from one of our walks I said, "Molly, let's sit down and have a talk. We both need to figure out what has happened to us and where we are going and I want to say a few things, so please hear me out and let's not turn this into a fight. Let's be open and honest but try not to hurt each other. Is that okay?"

"Sure Jack, I think we both know this is long overdue and it needs to happen."

"Do you want to go first?"

"Oh.... sure. Well Jack, I guess I wonder what happened to the man I married. You used to be fun, loving and so positive. But prior to the shooting, you would come home depressed, mad, and you didn't initiate any meaningful conversation. You just seemed to be pushing me out. You keep telling me how much you hate your life.... how do you think that makes me feel? Jack, that makes me feel like I'm a big part of your misery and I don't know how to handle that. I wonder how you can still love me and be so miserable."

"Molly, I'm so sorry, that isn't my intent. Even with all that has happened between us, you are still the best part of my life."

Molly looked surprised at that statement and looked directly into my eyes as she said, "Jack, it isn't my intent to get short and crabby with you but I find myself always getting mad at you. Mad that you retreat to your study right away. Mad that you don't talk to me. Mad that you don't initiate anything tender or loving, like a hug or a kiss, much less trying to make love to me. What happened to you Jack?"

"Molly, I can see now that I have been miserable to live with. I hate my job and the routine life we are living. It seems we work hard but don't get anywhere. It seems like we are just two people living as roommates, not as man and wife. And Molly, I know that you too have pulled away from me. You never seem to bring much emotion to our relationship anymore. You don't confide in me about what's wrong and how you feel and what you want to see changed. I can't shake the idea that you are having all of those discussions with someone else instead of me. I can't help but think Molly that you have left me and have started a relationship with your boss and that paranoia is with me now whenever we are together."

Molly took that comment poorly, and I could see the anger flood into her features as she abruptly stood up and yelled, "Well if you gave a damn enough to ask me about my feelings and make me know you still love me, maybe things would be different!" With that she stormed off to her room.

Molly and John at work

I left for lunch with my boss John and feel right into the habit of telling him about how Jack had insinuated that what John and I had was an emotional affair and it was affecting my marriage. "John, I think he is right. I talk to you like a woman should talk to her lover or her husband, but not her boss. I think we've gotten off track here John, and I'm feeling guilty about the lunches and the intimate talks. I'm thinking we need to stop."

John looked at me with pleading, almost fearful stare and said, "Molly, don't let him get in your head. Yes, we have become closer than a normal boss-employee relationship, but that's because you are special and you get me and I get you. I love the way you talk to me about what you love, what you hate, what's bothering you and what your hopes and desires are. We are really good together Molly, and I think we are meant to be together. I've made it very plain to you Molly that I want more. I want to make love to you and I think you want me to."

"John, I'm so confused. Yes, you are the person closest to me right now and you know my life intimately, and I really appreciate your friendship and the fact that you find me desirable and worthy of love and praise. But I also think that Jack is right, I'm giving the emotional space to you that should be only for my husband. And the last time, when you kissed me, it got me so confused. I wanted to kiss you back but I feel so guilty. I don't know what to do."

"Molly, I'm here for you and if you see a better way forward with me then Jack, then I think you owe it to yourself to take the chance, make the leap, change your life." With that John moved his chair around right next to Molly, put his arms around her and pulled her into his body. He lifted her chin up with his hand and gave her a tender kiss on the lips. As she kissed him back, he put all of his pent-up passion into French kissing her, and his hand went behind her head and pulled her tight into the kiss. His other hand slid to her thigh and started to make its way up her skirt.

John's kiss once again tempted me to kiss back and I opened my mouth to accept his tongue and I kissed him hard and long. But as his hand moved to my thigh and started up my skirt, I stiffened up at what was happening and I quickly pulled back from the kiss, intending to stop John's aggressive seduction. Looking up I shrieked and turned bright red as I saw Jack standing behind John staring at us both. "Oh God, Jack, what are you doing here?"

"Seems I interrupted your working lunch huh Molly? The asshole's secretary told me I would find you two lunching at this quaint little café next door. She tells me this is a daily routine for you two, and she smirked as she said it. Now I understand why."

John made a move to standup and confront Jack, but he was quickly pushed forcibly back down into his chair and Jack shot him a deadly look saying, "fuck you, asshole. You just sit there and keep your mouth shut; this won't take long."

Looking back at Molly I said, "I came down to eat lunch with you Molly, and apologize for my comment about your emotional affair, but I guess here I am playing the fool, aren't I? Apparently, it's not only emotional, its physical too! Well, that's just fucking great. And you wonder what's happening to our marriage."

With that I spun on my heels and walked away, ignoring her shouts to come back and talk. As I got to the curb where I had parked, my phone started to ring and I saw the call was from Molly. I turned my phone off, got in the car and drove away.

When I got home, I grabbed pencil and paper and started to lay out my plan for a new life. I still had six weeks of disability time left, and after funding my gambling and day-trading funds, that left me with almost $25,000. Molly and I had managed to save $20,000 in the last three years, something we had referred to as our baby fund. I got on-line, set up a new account in my name only and transferred $9,000 of that to my account. I took $2,000 of it and paid off and cancelled our joint credit card, leaving Molly $9,000 in our joint account. I immediately incorporated the $9,000 into my day trading account and swore to myself that day that I would double my stock bets, as well as my gambling bets to see how much more income I could generate.

Before Molly was due to come home, I left her a note saying I was taking a three-week trip and I would give her the courtesy of calling her in a few weeks to discuss the termination of our marriage. I warned her that I had paid off and cancelled the credit card and that she should get one in her name if she felt like she needed one. I told her I had taken half of the savings we had left, leaving half for her.

I told her that I would continue to pay 50% of the house operating fund, transferring it into the joint account as needed, and she should take over handling the bills until we worked out the details of the divorce. I assured her that I would be fair and equitable on anything to do with selling the house and settling our finances.

The last paragraph of the note said, "Molly, I had once asked you to tell me before you cheated on me so we could end our marriage amicably and both walk away without the lying, cheating, and betrayal that an affair creates. But I guess that just wasn't your approach, and now that I know you have been cheating on me, I have a lot of thinking to do about my new life. Seeing you kissing John with love and lust in your eyes is more than I can face and I just can't be around you right now. You should also think about your future life Molly. I guess we both need to check out divorce lawyers and decide what is the best way to end this without dragging each other through the mud."

"Molly, know that I have always loved you, and in fact still do, but seeing you be intimate with another man and imagining you fucking him behind my back is just more than I can stomach. You have no idea how much your betrayal has hurt me. Far, far greater than any bullet to the shoulder could do. You've shot a bullet into my heart and left me feeling as sad and alone as I ever have. Goodbye Molly."

I packed up my monitors, computer, a few weeks' worth of clothes and left in my car, driving the short distance east from LA to Las Vegas. At the first rest stop, I turned my phone back on and had six missed calls from Molly and one voicemail. The voicemail said, "Jack, I'm so sorry you saw that and I know by the look on your face how hurt you were. But it isn't what you think! I've never had sex with him and I won't. Please talk to me so I can explain. Please forgive me for what you saw and call me. We can't end it like this Jack."