All Comments on 'Home Early'

by Joesephus

Sort by:
  • 248 Comments (Page 2)
tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
THE TITLE OF THIS STORY IS PROPHETIC

as the Author had to go Home early. TK U MLJ LV NV

DeYaKenDeYaKenover 10 years ago
Sadly missed

Wow what an excellent story with a moral many could benefit from.

What a pity we have lost Josephus.

javmor79javmor79about 10 years ago
Excellent

I wish more authors on this site would write stories like this. I know that some people prefer fantasy pieces that make you feel good, but I like stories that resemble real life. That way when they end happily I can feel some hope. When they don't end happily I can understand that life works that way sometimes. This was one of those pieces that filled me with hope. Great story!!!!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 10 years ago
Nice

The only thing I don't like about this tale is the "happily ever after" deal. Other than that an excellent read.

rightbankrightbankabout 10 years ago
too late to the discussion, but

in spite of the feelings generated by the passing of joesephus, it is incumbent upon us all to look at the stories he left us with clarity and reason. This is a flawed story. She chose to cheat. and she considered marriage to her paramour. There were many other options yet she still chows to cheat. The protagonist did NOT cheat. The role of the Captain is a dual role, father and protector. Of course he wants the best for his daughter and granddaughters. But as a husband our narrator also wants a wife he can love, cherish, and trust.

No one can go back and correct the flaws in this tale. None of us can second guess what the author intended. we can only work with what we have. but, there are just too many gaps in the story for it to be satisfactory.

How, if the husband dictated the terms of the divorce did the daughters end up in the household of the capotes?

Why did the company sanction the behavior of the serial philanderer and ignore the gap in his CV?

Where were the friends of the new/old wife when she was being physically abused?

Why did the "captain" wait till his daughter was in the hospital to seek help?

btw: the title has almost nothing to do with the actual story.

so many questions, no one to ask.

oh well.

ftds?

rick_ohrick_ohalmost 10 years ago
Great story

A lot of good lessons.

searching0240searching0240almost 10 years ago
Mercy

This was an interesting treatise on the concept of mercy.

Even amidst this well written and thoughtful story, the author found it necessary to throw in the usual pandering to the US military. Proving once again that Americans are a savage and ruthless people.

Americans are simply not civilized enough to recognize that murdering a million or more innocent men, women and children in the Middle East, is neither honorable or decent. When you find it necessary to kill someone else, in their own home, you need to question why you were there in the first place.

As a Black man born during America's racial apartheid era, I realize that the only people my people have ever had to fight for freedom and justice was European Americans.

The only freedom that American military fights for, is the freedom steal other peoples land and resources. But since that is the basis of the founding of this country, European Americans can't accept that that is not decent or civilized behavior.

So here we are for another generation worshiping the thugs and predators in the military. People whose idea of honor is to follow orders, no matter how reprehensible. People who rape and brutalize their own comrades in arms, because they believe them to be weak. Those that don't actually do the raping and bullying, cover for and defend those that do. A lot like the founding of this country, when those who didn't rape, murder and enslave African men, women and children, defended the rights of those that did.

We are a very sad people.

Robert

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Realistic

It dismays me that some comments think this fantasy is realistic.

With respect to the Author it's simply platitudes that attempt to shift the blame from the betrayer to the one betrayed.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago
Loved it

Surprised I hadn't read this before. Very well done. Not necessarily the ending I expected. I felt it could have been more fully developed and extended. There was so much substance and depth to this story. Five stars. An instant favorite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Refinement of intelect

Insightful. Incisive and intuitive. Your attention to language mechanics is greatly appreciated. Hopefully the aspiring writers will observe the learned though comfortable style. This is necessary in any profound literary effort. Thanks. Shel H.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
2 stars

that's all

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Really?

Any man that can carry that much hate doesn't deserve to happy later

Texas_Air_ForceTexas_Air_Forceover 9 years ago
CRAP!

So, you thought you wrote a story about love, betrayal and mercy. Hmmm.....nope gotta throw the 'bullshit' flag here. Your main character wanted to show mercy, but you wrote him as giving the cheating wife no retreat when she cheated and WANTED to break it off, and now your character showed mercy by 'helping' her into marriage #3? Gotta believe some counselling to deal with your main character's anger towards Judy, along with her having a chance to see why she went from loving wife to corporate weekend fuck toy, would have been a better ending. Having her father's love and respect would have gone a LONG way towards helping her wake up. And, your main character could have had more kids..... I think some BTB stories are written with the right endings, when the bitch won't wake up. They deserve to suffer, but in this story, Judy got her suffering X10.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Read his Biography

For those of you who made comments especially this year and did not read Josephus's Biography you will not know he passed away back in 2007. There will be no more writings from a truly gifted person. Also note for those who criticized and made rash comments that English was not his first language and he was 25 when he died in a tragic car wreck. With this now known all I can say is rest in peace my friend. We will all miss you

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
R.I.P., Josephus

Awesome writing! I was on an emotional roller coaster all thru the story. Your style and ability kept me riveted. I am so emotionally moved I can't explain it . Thank you.

R.I.P., Josephus.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 9 years ago
Hmmm... even submissives know they might only have one master...

Ok, so she buckled under and let Capote fuck her and "allowed" herself to fall in love - or at least think so to make it not seem as bad as it was - but if he was as he described her, she should have been that easy primarily for her husband.

Even a threat should have required her (effectively) getting get husband's OK...

I enjoyed the story though... it's not always about you burning her, sometimes it's better to let her burn herself.

Kerry312Kerry312about 9 years ago
LMFAO

She got what she deserved

Kerry312Kerry312about 9 years ago
Sorry

But this was not one of his best she deserved no MERCY NONE

sdc97230sdc97230about 9 years ago
Mercy isn't necessarily about what someone deserves

The whole idea of mercy is to let someone off easy. You could do it because you feel pity for the person, but more often it's because you know someone innocent will suffer along with the guilty party (in this case, his daughters and his father in law) or because you realize that handing out the punishment the person actually deserves will end up making you feel bad about yourself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Sorry, but I don't have much in the way of sympathy for Judy.

She stupidly fell for an asshole, and made herself his cumdumpster.

Then she expected her knight in shining armour to ride in and rescue her after he started treating badly? Especially after the way she treated him?

Sorry, but white knights rescue girls for the benefits, not so they can get sloppy seconds.

The only part I can say I liked was that he still got along with her dad, and that he had enough sackage to refuse to take her back.

wimonwimonalmost 9 years ago
you earned it!!

My first ever comment on this site, after reading so many stories (you can check my fav list, hack I didn't fav 2% what I read) and I must say you earned it...!

There couple of grammatical errors and diversion in flow, some area I'd have loved you to explore then spending ink on telling couples sex life BUT I can't deny the fact that its you who should run the show and not us!

Overall great effort and I enjoyed my time... Best of luck!

xtchrxtchralmost 9 years ago
Good Writing!

Wow, you are one good writer. I really felt this ex-husband's angst. However, I think it was misplaced on his cheating wife. She carried on a 6 month affair with her boss, she let her lover put-down and disrespect her husband, she said she used to love him (word tense IS very important in that context), she was in love with her lover not the husband. He should have eventually gotten over the hate and moved on to having absolutely no feelings for his ex. She chose her course of action, he didn't. I find it a very difficult concept to forgive and have mercy over someone who shits all over you. You don't have to have revenge or BTB but you have to always remember what they did and what kind of person they are and just ignore them.

Thank you for a well-written story that kept my attention to the end....even though I disagree, I enjoy a good story.

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
the ever popular hindsight features prominently

Looking at the screen name chosen by the author it makes sense his stories would also be small morality plays. Mini lessons in behaviour and piety.

It is a credit to the site admins that these stories are still featured.

chytownchytownover 8 years ago
Good Read****

Enjoyable story.

dsthom1954dsthom1954over 8 years ago
Thank You..

Its always nice to read well written stories no matter where you find them. This was one of those stories.Thank you, it was a joy to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very nice story

But when my wife came home, and I was there unexpectedly and saw she had just been fucked hard, I left. As it turned out, not just fucked hard but fucked all day and often by a young stud. We were in the middle of trying to have a baby and to think she had done that while WE were supposedly working at starting our family, she had fucked another man a half dozen times in one day.

She found me about 5 months later. I had quit my job, found another and was working under the table for cash, riding a fucking bicycle. Everything I did was with cash, yet that wasn't enough. She was standing in front of my apartment and begged me to take her back. I told her I missed her and to go home and I'd think about it. I imagine she was surprised when she came back the next day and my apartment was empty.

The next time she found me, 17 months later, I was over 400 miles away, again, working for cash. She was sitting on the porch of my rental and begged me to take her back, I was her one true love. I did everything I could to get her to leave, but she insisted she wasn't going to leave unless I took her back. Huh? Finally, I gave in and let her into my home and fixed her a nice drink in the kitchen while I took a shower. It took me less than 5 minutes, all with the shower running, to pack everything I wanted and walk out the back door. She ran out the front door after me when I was pulling away.

I couldn't figure out how she was finding me. She had no money, from what I understood, she moved back home with her folks when I left, but damned if she didn't find me only 2 months later. She was sitting on the hood of my car when I came out from the factory I was working in. I didn't see her until I was almost ready to unlock my door, but there she was, professing her love and begging me to take her back. Damn, she looked good, better than ever. 5'8" 120lbs, athletically built, her blond hair still blond and her titties looked as nice as when we were married. I told her to go around to the passenger side and I'd unlock the door and we'd talk. Instead, I unlocked my door, locked it and drove away.

The North Dakota oil boom damn near killed her. It was mid winter and the temps were less than zero but that was where I was making a truckload of money. It had been almost 4 years since I'd driven away and there she was, sitting in a car that had run out of gas, idling to stay warm while waiting for me to come home. She fainted when trying to catch me before I went into the house so instead of letting her freeze to death, I carried her in.

She stayed with me for almost a month. During that time I ignored her, barely speaking, walking from the room if she entered it. I put a lock on the bedroom door of my one bedroom rental and I suppose she slept on the couch. I didn't pay much attention. The oil boom was too good to let go so I finally gassed her car up one day and when I had another rental ready, I left her a note saying I was gone and to leave me alone, she had gas and cash in her car to get home. As I hoped, she left, leaving to look for me I guess. I was able to get another year of not seeing her. But she found me, professing her love once again and saying we had to be together.

We live together now. Yep, I finally gave in, kind of. We live in the same house, I rarely even speak to her and we're roommates only. I refuse to have sex with her or even let her touch her. She apologizes continually and tells me how much she loves me and what a mistake she made. But everything I do has a plan and mine is working perfectly. We might have been married all this time but she was screwing someone or multiple someones. How do I know? She has been going wild without sex and has came right out and begged me. Finally, just the other day when I turned her down yet again, telling her I wouldn't touch her diseased cunt with a 10' pole, she screamed at me that if she couldn't get it at home, she'd find it somewhere else!

I think I messed up when I let a little bit of a grin slip out. She understood what my plan was, that eventually she would become so horny she would go looking for cock. I saw her back bow and she promised herself she would hold out, but I know and she knows and I know she knows she can't do it. She's been fucking all these years while she has been professing her 'love'.

I can't wait until she comes home tonight. You see, I have pictures of her screwing the guy who keeps all the rentals up, mows the lawn, etc. I blew them up, pasted them all over the rental, packed my shit and left. Besides, the Saudi's have screwed up our fracking and the wells are being capped. I think it's time to do some commercial fishing in the Bering Sea!

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
FROM THE DINING TABLE-TO THE PAN-TO THE FIRE

and back again to the dining table and still keep his Chef's Hat. TK U MLJ LV NV

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still love it. Still five stars. Still an absolute favorite.

nonethewisernonethewiserover 8 years ago
Just read this again

It remains one of my very highest rated stories. What an awful shame we lost Joesephus so soon and so tragically. But the work he left is legendary. Just great stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
HEY!! pugamahon stop your fuckig

yelling for God sakes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Sorry this is WRONG

How can I comment on this. I know it's only fiction! But I still hate the way you ended it. If you had them back together it would have been a classic as it is it's a S-hit job Love you all! Bye. Greg. Oh 2stars oh Shock and Awe factor weak SORRY

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
HIV

I see that Harry in VA is now writing supporting comments of his views as an anonymous. Hey Harry get a life! You are full of so much bullshit. The husband was an ass for not remarrying his confused wife. His wife obviously was having hormonal problems at the time of her affair with her boss.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
My motto...

Is to make it work for peace, especially for my peace of mind and heart, that would mean others first to make it work. Even, if I had to bite the bullet. That doesen't work all the time but I try...

As for the story it was enteraining and written well.

bill.... to find a story like this on this site even bad but entertaining I give good grades.

This is realy good so you get 5sssssssssssss all day long from me...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Being a stupid bitch has consequences.

The story was well written but bullshit!

She was a cheating cunt, she left her husband, she married the moron she cheated with.

The blame being put on the husband was unreal.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Sometimes you have to wonder

If the ever vocal Annoynomouses ever read stories to the end. This last one didn't or was incapable of understanding. He did manipulate her into a bad situation so as an honorable MAN, not an emotionally stunted little boy, he was obliged to fix it when the punishment proved too extreme.

However, he did NOT take her back nor continue to be a major factor in her life.

Jonnyrebel82

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Disappointing ending

Well written but after Matt acknowledged to himself how easily Judy could be manipulated by a strong personality he should have stepped in after he realized the late flights meant something different (a possible affair). He let his marriage blow up knowing how badly it would effect all in the family and he knew he was mostly responsible. After his wife came home early he could have imposed his will over her to understand what was really happening (not that bullshit about her loving her boss). Forcing Judy (through his will power over her) to get married to the jerk put not only a confused Judy in danger but, his two loving daughters. After reading her journals and seeing the results of the bastards brutal nature (and his own complicity in making it happen) Matt should have taken more responsibility in fixing his screwup and he should have taken Judy back. That would have been a much better ending than the jumbled hurried together "everybody is happy" ending. This could have been a five star story with a more reasoned ending. Consider an alternative ending and see what that does for the ratings (I gave it 2 stars because of the ending)

SelqSelqover 7 years ago
Excellent story

I liked how, once he read her journals and learned of her submissive tendencies, he took action to remove her from her abusive marriage. I also appreciated how he was honest with both her and himself about them not being right for each other. It is easy to see the faults of others, but not so easy to admit to your own shortcomings.

Mercy and forgiveness does NOT mean that they had to get back together, that would probably be the worst thing for them. He knew what they both needed and knew that neither could get that from the other. His helping her escape an abusive husband was the right thing to do, as was not getting back with her.

RIP Joesephus, thank you for the stories you shared and may you be at peace and sharing your stories in a better place.

MedicalpeteMedicalpeteover 7 years ago
Thought provoking

Well mate, you put together a really interesting read! The anger and the bitterness of the finding out I found to be understandable and, to my mind, justified. The punishment though was Definately on the cruel side. You did not seem to consider, or address, the effect that it would have on your kids. The effect of the break up on them would have been devastating (speaking from experience), however the effect of the violence to their mother would have beggared belief. The punishment was aimed as much at them as at her. However all's well that ends well. Generally though I did enjoy your story and the composition.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Then learn!!!

Only idiotic!!!

McAnonMcAnonover 7 years ago
Talking ??

I find that many LW stories are based on the fact that either party will not listen or let the other party speak. It nullifies the whole point that is being made and really frustrates me, on the other hand it does make the stories possible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Author is Deceased

If you're commenting with criticism it's falling on deaf ears.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
An Outstanding Story

A well-deserved 5-Star story. Taking back into the marriage an unfaithful spouse may be an act of mercy, but it is rarely an act of shared love. Reconciliations with cheaters is never a good idea.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
What a fantastic author the world lost

My wife admitted to cheating on me once. She swore it was just the one time, but with an old high school boyfriend. The look on my face told her we were done. Five months later we were divorced. No children yet, but we had begun to try. Knowing she had fucked him while off he pill made it even worse.

She married him and I never figured out why. No, I didn't force her, although if I could have sentenced her to anything, it would have been to marriage with him. I guess she had forgot why they broke up in high school. After fucking her for a couple years, he had hit her twice.

Yes, he began beating her after they married. It took about six months before it traveled back to me from one of Jodi's close friends. Like I explained to Janet, her friend, she was no longer my problem the moment she spread her legs for Tom. Hell, I didn't even feel bad. Not good, but not bad either. My job as husband was to keep her protected and I wasn't him any longer.

He finally beat her to death. Well, not really killed her by the beating, just the fall that came afterward. She fell off a balcony after a hard push. He's in with bubba getting fucked for 30 to life but my ex-wife is dead.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Response to previous comment by Anonymous on 03/13/17

If your story is true, you're luckier than most. You got to see JUSTICE done to both of the scumbags. When she started to reap what she'd sown, she must have regretted the hell out of doing what she did and losing what she had to end up dreading getting the shit kicked out of her. When she went off that balcony, was it a high one that gave her time to know that this was THE END?

HOME EARLY was a good one but there were places where it was conveniently light on common sense and logic. I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Real

I did enjoy your story. At the end when they are not together again, I was disappointed but that's what made it Real. Life has many disappointments and there are less happy endings than people like to believe. They are both happy and continue their lives - just without each other.

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatalmost 7 years ago
A remarkable story

especially for a man so young. A 5*, on both story and author.......R.I.P.

JackmoftenJackmoftenover 6 years ago
1* Only

The worth more than one star. He should of left the are so he wouldn't of been brow beaten into his ex's problems. She made her bed, she should of just pulled up her "Big Girl Pants" and just lived or not with her choice of spouses, even if that means getting beaten to death.

aguyfromthe60saguyfromthe60sover 6 years ago
with children it's different

i'd been married 19 years when I found out my wife had test driven 7 guys early in our marriage. 14 year old daughter who was seeing a psychiatrist, and a 10 year old boy who had lost his grandmother--I had to do what was best for them. the pedestal was gone forever. wife hasn't put out for the last 4 years. I'm waiting till she dies or I die.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 6 years ago
@aguyfromthe60s 08/28/17

re:

with children it's different

i'd been married 19 years when I found out my wife had test driven 7 guys early in our marriage. 14 year old daughter who was seeing a psychiatrist, and a 10 year old boy who had lost his grandmother--I had to do what was best for them. the pedestal was gone forever. wife hasn't put out for the last 4 years. I'm waiting till she dies or I die.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why wait for death?

There's this thing called a divorce.

When the children are grown and gone go get one.

Why would you stay after that?

Eight to twelve years and your sentence is up, no need to serve life without parole.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent story, 5 stars

Got to love a story on this site where both justice and humanity prevail.

To Jackmoften and his 1 star below - you are an absolute idiot. How is it possible for three sentences to be so fucked up grammatically? Learn to write at a fourth grade level before posting any more comments.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

A generic title for a brilliant little piece of fiction.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 6 years ago
Great writting

So sad Josephus is no longer with us....

racoon1174racoon1174over 6 years ago
A great talent

Yes his passing was a tragedy as a great talent was snuffed out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

A very good story, and definitely well written. But still, a sad story. D

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Verbose

your idea of mismatching was good and correct; unfortunately the husband came over as a self centred, sanctimonious prig. Your editor should have taken a machete to your prose, you have the makings of a good author if you rein a trend to verbosity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well crafted and delivered.

Judy was weak and shallow and lacked personal integrity, making her unfit to be a good wife and mother. Any claim that her first husband made her do anything is just self-serving bullshit. Either she's a free standing adult, fully responsible for her choices and their consequences, or she is mentally and emotionally dysfunctional and needs professional help Either way he is lucky to be rid of her. Too bad she is the example of a wife and mother for his daughters. If he doesn't tell his daughters the truth about their mothers stupidity and betrayal he is abdicating his responsibilities as their father, and shame on him.

Well done, RIP.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

White Knights rescue fair maidens... but Judy was just a dumb slut.

I enjoyed the story, but I'm not sure why the husband blamed himself so much for everything. It's not like Judy was retarded... she chose to fuck her asshole boss and she chose to marry him afterwards. If her husband meant so much to her, she never would have spread her legs for the asshole in the first place!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great story

Many stories in the LW format start out with characters being poor and unsatisfied with their status. Like this one, they have problems and split up just before some financial windfall comes into the picture. Many youthful marriages break up over financial matters, and these circumstances need to be kept in mind as the stories evolve. At the end, we find out that she was coerced by her employer, and that she was a "closet" mild submissive. And so, more detail is added to round-out the themes.

I found the story a bit too long, and containing a few too many "wanderings," but overall, it is a marvelous and well developed tale with a joyful ending. 5 stars !!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Eek.

Silly story and poor dialogue.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 5 years ago
Rubbish.

It's not often I trash a story I've read.

Many have had a plot I didn't like

and some a plot I hated, but I don't

trash them for that.

That's just different opinions

between a writer and me.

But when a writer writes a story

of a wife incapable of acting like a grownup

and asks us to accept that,

that is just over the line!

A wife who doesn't want or isn't "able"

to be faithful to her husband,

doesn't deserve to be a wife.

It's as simple as that.

1 out of 5 from me.

christynucchristynucalmost 5 years ago
Very nice

Really enjoyed the story. I guess some people want perfection from a free story but I liked how you set up the story and how the story flowed. Thank you for posting this.

wanderer63wanderer63almost 5 years ago
Nicely written story

Just don't get how its always the guys fault. All her insecurities, its his fault. It was utter trash, that he got blamed for her getting beat up. The first part was written by the man, the second was not. It was nicely written story that was utter garbage.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Who wins both new lives happily ever after ?

Well written

He put her on pedestal no person should be on one especially spouse

Walk together side by side

She cheated

He googling mercy come on had children should have learned

4 stars

katibkatibalmost 5 years ago
Simply Superb

I concur with Ohio's opinion. He knows a good story when he sees one; and he knows how to write one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
UGH!

I read 2 pages and knew what was coming. Your "protagonist" is an ass-wipe and a disgusting wimp!

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 4 years ago
Great story, great ending!

Excellent writing! Very insightful, moving, and thought provoking.

Great job.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Powerful story! One of your best.

"...high risk personal loan business." I love that line!!! Great story about a sad woman who got a second chance.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Great story

It was a sad story on many levels, but just a pleasure to read. Josephus is very much missed. He was so good at this writing thing and not many could match him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Ohio May Have Said

It best back in '06, short and simple without drama. I don't have much love for his state but I do respect and love his writing, the comment and his stories. Joesephus will be continue to be missed. Signed: BTW

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Sad but true can't unspill milk

He had revenge

Dichotomy loved her with all and then loved next more

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
it's a sad story

Author you tried, but failed to make something out of nothing. But failed, she is still just another cheating whore. She deserves absolutely nothing. No happiness, just eternal guilt. AT LEAST SHE HAS SOMETHING...she deserved it

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
Story good... but, damn, she is PATHETIC

The female protagonist is weak, not submissive.

Hard to feel any sympathy for her, but you recognize her plight.

The male protagonist is more believable; flawed, embittered, angry, hard-hearted. These are believable responses.

That he became so manipulative as a form of vengeance is also true to form.

Ultimately, this is a story of closure being necessary in order to move on.

TorgauTorgauabout 4 years ago

Great story, even if I find Julie's character more than a little weak. Hubby was great and the Captain even better. The twin daughters pummeling Mommy was classic. Hubby did the right thing. I'm glad he found happiness in the end. Thanks for sharing.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Good writing

He was MAN enough to stay divorced and not reconcile!!! Everyone was happier in the end...

samsub2022samsub2022almost 4 years ago
Miscommunication

@joesephus Hey man....

Sry if my English have a lot of mistake..... Hope make my point to you.....

You know I read a lit if LW storys....... But only a few author really now or in phylisphical term(they know more, find out they have a lot doesn't know , and aware that alot of ignorance they have..... Make them decent, humble,) .... So many reactions or temper act would be reduced..... There's a lot of dark side angle that they didn't see the problem, issue, any object.......

Unfortunately we find out this blindess after a fucking fucked up situation in this case family issue, and with a how much COST ?!,..... I mean not financially...... Of course that's a lot of fucked up loss........ But COST , i mean in people behavior.... Especially children..... Themselfs..... Insecurities..... The time of years..... And etc.....

So I like that, tge authors like you , finding the blind spot and trying to including in literature...... Ot course we all know it might be technically not quite right, but qfter experience I think you made that great..... Believe me don't imagine this works just fun, or entertainment..... I'm sure they're a lot of treatment and drugs and solution for future forseen problem in relationship , and if the partners read this kibd of experience , already find out the hints of the future fucked up problem, so so soon mad them communicate each other...... And imagine how many deaaster for children s parents family prevented...... How many happiness family could you make happens....Such a great immortality for you guys.....

There's a another subject , but don't want to make you headache already with my writing.... Maybe another time.....

Mir

P. S: I'm from Iran... Believe me all of these problem have a lot lot in our stupid government country...... In familys......

Helen1899Helen1899almost 4 years ago
In the Minority

I am in the minority, maybe because i'm a woman. Great Story well written, but with an awful ending. What an hard hearted bastard he was, only cared for himself. The first consideration should have been for his daughters. says he loved them, rubbish he loved himself. in the begining everything that he did was spot on, they both deserved everything that they got. But after the beating, after reading the journals, it was obviously he had lots of love for her,the finest thing would have been forgiveness even if only for his daughters who would have given anything for their parents to remarry. But his selfish ego wouldn't let him, I hope his second wife tired of his love for himself and did what Judy did, its all he deserved.

lisablissfullisablissfulalmost 4 years ago
Worst of both sexes

A very weak woman, although married lets herself be seduced by a womanising greasy lethario, then lets herself be forced into a marriage she didn't want..Then we have the husband who professed his love for everyone, when in truth the only person he cared for was himself

I hope her third choice husband, was better than her first two.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Helen you are in the minority because you are simply wrong

I am a woman. I have no issue at all with the general consensus

timrivtimrivalmost 4 years ago

Hubby was really, in my opinion, a guy who was totally self righteous. He was married to her and it was “till death do us part”. Divorce is irrelevant just because the state deems to marriage over, God and the Church didn’t. Yes he helped her but reluctantly, only when his father in law begged him. He would have otherwise stood by and watch Capote best her to death. To me he was a prideful, ego driven man who expected his wife to be the “VirginMary”, She did mess up the marriage but a real man would have forgiven her and been there for her with prodding. That’s my opinion the author I guess felt different.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Hey Timriv, so when you kicked your cheating wife to the curb, that wasn't "till death do us part"?

Save your self-righteous, sanctimonious bullshit for another day.

imhaplessimhaplessalmost 4 years ago
Original; I like original

5*

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

The whole forcing her to marry him was pure ridiculous BS, dont know where the story went from there but I walked away from that idiocy.

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

I have mixed emotions about this one. Don't know how I feel about why her cheating happened and how he dealt with it. Then I felt he was going to take her back and I wouldn't have minded that as I think they did love each other but in the end they both seemed happy so alls well that ends well. A well written story that elicited an emotional reaction so 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Bla bla bla bla. Who fucking cares. I have gone through almost every story in LW. Anything over 4.40 is a variation. Anything over 5 pages is a slog at least 70% of the time. I know this author passed away. For their family I am sorry. That doesn't change the fact that this story is unoriginal, largely boring, largely padded.

Its not very good. Don't worry, I will be moving along soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Extremely boring

Nothing happens , slow and mellow

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

So what, she turned into a fucking whore.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
R.I.P. Joesephus

Thanks for your legacy of tales!!!

traddisagaintraddisagainabout 3 years ago
misery

I COULDN,T FINISH READING THIS SO PAINFUL TALE. MISERY PILED UPON MISERY PILED UPON MISERY. WHY DO AUTHORS TORTURE THEIR READERS WITH THIS DREADFUL DIATRIBE. GOOD NIGHT.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Definitely mental issues for everyone involved. They all should be in therapy.

Really don't like stories with sad endings there's enough shit in the world without reading it in the fantasy world. Would have really liked a proper happy ending.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleabout 3 years ago

Another five star story

We miss you quality of work.

RIP

amygdalaamygdalaabout 3 years ago

Definitive 5 star.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Not at all happy with the outcome of this story and I think the author has missed opportunities in the storyline. Matt made Judy sound like she could be easily manipulated and Capote turned out to be an abuser and a control freak so did he manipulate Judy into the affair and into continuing it. It sounded like she didn't know her own mind and Matt realised that she couldn't make decisions so he often took control and made all the decisions. Matt should have considered this as a possibility.

It also sounds like they had a typical failing marriage where Matt was working al the time at the expense of spending time with the family. It also sounds like Matt and Judy didn't discuss their problems. Matt didn't even discuss the affair with her or her reasons for starting the affair.

I think that Matt should have fought for to keep Judy and not pushed her away into Capote's arms it really sounds like Matt no longer loved her and it was an easy way out of the marriage for him.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Reading again . Great story, although I really hate to see a cheating bitch end up with a happy life. At least Capote didn't fare well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Sorry I am a Vet and If My wife ever did half of what this Lady did I would Burn Her to the Ground and then Capote would have Had a slow Death and I do mean it would last for more than Day's I am part Scottish and Cree on My Fathers side and Swedish and Choctaw on My Mothers side Both Tribes are well known how to Make Death Come slow and Painful that would have been His fate. One of the Things Booth My Native American Tribes had in common was the concept of when a Person such as the wife Brother or any Relative would wrong the Tribe it was a living death of Being Never Spoken to Never Heard or acknowledge their Existence after the act had been done it is called The death of Life No one would Speak to them or even acknowledge them Being present .It would start with the Ritual of the turning of the Back to them and from that time on they would never have their Name spoken or They Being acknowledged again .They would be allowed to travel with the Tribe but No one would Speak to them Give them Food Shelter or allow them the warmth of the fire others had made To Use that would be a Fate worst than Death to be Made a Outcast while still around .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A cheating slut doesn’t deserve a happy ending under any circumstances.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Fuck you captain! Had you raise your daughter proper, she wouldn't have turn into a whoring slut!

-

Author is putting too much blame on the ex-husband. Blamed him for working too much, pushing his ex-wife into an affair. Then blamed him for the violence towards the ex-wife, because he pushed her into marrying that douchebag. Throughout, husband always share the blame for the broken family.

But when it's time for her to take the blame, psychobabble evasive maneuver. That kind of gullible wife described is an Japanese NTR porn cliché. Instead of making me sympathize with her, it only make her look pathetically stupid. She is the captain's daughter.

Thankfully, their twins knows who deserve the blame.

-

This is a good read. Nevertheless, I disagree with the story.

RIP author.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

I read it again and I still think it's a terrific story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I keep reading this story every year or so. Great story. I know I'm writing to author who has died, but it was real good

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a crock of horseshit.

How is this in any way the husbands fault? He didn’t “lead her”? It sounds like she had no moral foundation, and that she was an empty vessel that you had to pour a person into.

I think the author is extremely lazy in that there was never even an inkling of background as to why this cunt cheated.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I liked this story, but you made the same mistake that many of the authors here make. You assume that humans are basically good and that you only feel better when that side comes out, when it is actually just the opposite. Civilized behavior is a very thin veneer over the savage that we all are inside. We all have to fight every day to not let our true nature show.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous