Homewrecker Ch. 01

Story Info
A whodunnit case for the Team.
15.4k words
4.79
14.2k
12

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 08/08/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is part of an ongoing series. The chronological order of my stories is listed in WifeWatchman's biography.

Feedback and constructive criticism is very much appreciated, and I encourage feedback for ideas.

This story contains graphic scenes, language and actions that might be extremely offensive to some people. These scenes, words and actions are used only for the literary purposes of this story. The author does not condone murder, racial language, violence, rape or violence against women, and any depictions of any of these in this story should not be construed as acceptance of the above.

***

Part 1 - Prologue

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the redheaded MILF reporterette at 7:00am, Friday, November 15th, from the roof of the building at Riverside and College, with Police Headquarters in the somewhat distant background. "Channel Two News has learned that the Town & County Police may be covering up the existence of rogue squads within their ranks!"

Bettina began: "Sources tell Channel Two News that the TCPD's Internal Affairs Department was investigating the existence and activities of groups of Officers acting in a clandestine manner. These groups, known as 'Red Squads', may have been patrolling predominately minority areas with improperly invasive surveillance and utilizing now-illegal methods such as 'stop and frisk'."

Bettina: "Internal Affairs shut down their investigation, saying in a secret memo to the Police Leadership and the Sheriff's Office that they found no evidence of any rogue teams operating in an illicit manner. Neither the Sheriff nor the Police Chief would be interviewed on camera for this report, and I.G. Horace Wellman issued a statement that his Office was not involved in the investigation. And Police Commander Donald Troy has once again shirked his duty to the Public by refusing to respond to KXTC's repeated requests for comment. For more on the citizens's perspective on this, let's go to trusted political reporter Lester Holder. Lester!"

"That's right, Bettina!" said Lester 'Penis' Holder as the camera switched feeds. Black leaders are outraged at the revelations of rogue Police squads harassing blacks, as well as the obvious cover-up and white-washing, pun intended, of the story. We have with us Reginald B.F. Lewis of the Town & County Council. Councilman Lewis, do we need an investigation of the investigators?"

"We sure do, Lester." said Lewis. "I'll definitely be bringing this up at the next Council meeting, and I urge all People of Color be at next Tuesday's Council meeting to demand that Mayor Daniel Allgood support an investigation of the Police and their obvious cover-up here."

Penis Holder: "We also have Board of Inquiry Commissioner Bruce Finneran with us. Mr. Finneran, what can be done about this, especially since you lost the special election for Inspector General?"

Finneran: "First of all, yes, this is why I should've been elected Inspector General, to investigate this Police cover-up, led by Commander Donald Troy. And second, the Board of Inquiry still exists and will continue to function for the rest of this calendar year. We'll be taking this up."

Penis Holder threw the softball: "Commissioner Finneran, what can be done about things like this going forward?"

Finneran: "At this time, I'm announcing my candidacy for the Inspector General position in next year's regular election. We need to give the Voters a second chance to make the right choice, now that they've seen the corruption and perfidy of incumbent I.G. Horace Wellman."

Penis Holder: "Yes, I'd imagine the Voters are feeling some massive 'buyer's remorse' right now. Good luck with your campaign, Mr. Finneran! And now let's go to our colleague with KSB, Tim Sioban, for more on Police brutality tactics Statewide. Tim!"

In an embarrassing moment, the feed switched to an empty camera view of the City, followed by the camera going to color-bars-and-tone. After a second, the feed showing Bettina came back on.

"We apparently have lost our connection to Tim Sioban, and we're working to get him back." said Bettina. "Thank you, Lester, and yes, good luck to Mr. Finneran for next year's election. And speaking of entries into the race, several have been made this past week. ADA Savannah Fineman announced she will be running for the Solicitor position held by Ted Mason, and Solicitor Mason announced he would run again for the position."

Bettina: "With Reginald B.F. Lewis not running for his Council seat again, several persons have thrown their hats into the ring, including Board of Inquiry Commissioner Edgar Silas, and the Rev. Dr. Joseph E. Williams, who worked closely with Police Commander Donald Troy on the Charter Commission."

Bettina: "In a surprise move, Town Assemblywoman Stacey Jacobs, a close ally of Assemblywoman Coretta K. Scott, announced she will be running against Malinda Adams for Adams's Council seat. Ms. Jacobs said that Malinda Adams has not done enough for blacks, and needs to be primaried. And Assistant District Attorney Franklin Washington has announced he is running for the Superior Court judgeship seat held by Harry R. Nance in the non-partisan General Election..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Wowwwww." Cindy Ross said as we drank coffee in the Chief's Conference Room. "Where do we even begin with that report?"

"Who the hell leaked the I.A. investigation to the Press, is a good place to start." stated Sheriff Griswold, his mustaches twitching with anger.

"For me," said Tanya Perlman, "it's the candidates for all these positions, especially Franklin Washington. What does that say about the current D.A.'s Office?"

"Plenty." I said. "But what caught my attention was Lester Holder's lead-in to an empty KSB camera. Looked to me like Tim Sioban was in front of the camera, but when he saw he was being led in by Holder, he went to the other side of the camera and turned off the feed. I'd bet that KSB Executive Publisher Julie Moon is on the phone with KXTC's Burt West right now."

"You'd lose that bet." Teresa Croyle said. "The University's Journalism School has a three-day symposium, or conference I should call it, that all the networks's executive producers are attending. Julie Moon will probably say something to Burt West personally about it."

"I did not know that." I admitted. "Iron Wolf wins lunch on me today. Cattleman's Club or Laura's Soup and Sandwich place?"

"Oh, Cattleman's Club for sure." Teresa said. Nothing dainty for Teresa; she liked steaks with all the trimmings.

"You lucky..." Cindy muttered, which made Teresa's eyes twinkle just a little bit.

"So what will ADA Washington running for a judgeship do to our relations with the D.A.'s Office?" asked the Chief. "Will he have to take a leave of absence?"

"No sir." I said. "Since he's not running against his boss, he won't have to. If he were running for D.A., he'd have to."

"Does Savannah Fineman running for Solicitor mean she has to take a leave of absence as A.D.A.?" Tanya asked hopefully.

"I personally think she should." I replied. "But Miriam Walters has said privately that she doesn't think Savannah has to, and she won't force Savannah to take a leave of absence."

My source for that was The Intendent, Adele Peabody, who told me as I was vigorously fucking her earlier that week.

"May-beeee we should publicly ask about that." drawled the Chief.

"Why bother?" growled the Sheriff. "We could take it to Court, it wouldn't be heard for months while Fineman continues to be an ADA, and the Election will likely be over by the time the case comes down."

"At least we'd have clarity, sir." I replied.

"Careful what you wish for, Crowbar." said the Sheriff. "It could have unintended consequences, and why waste the time and money when we need to choose our fights carefully?"

"I concede the point." I said. "I'm oh-for-two today. One more strike and I'm out."

"Foul off this pitch for me." Teresa said. "What do you make of these candidacies? Especially Stacey Jacobs against Malinda Adams?"

"Who is Stacey Jacobs?" Tanya asked.

"It's always fun watching Democrats fight against each other in primaries like this." I replied. "As to Stacey Jacobs: she went to Eastern State, where she majored in Interdisciplinary Studies, which is Political Science, Economics, and Sociology, graduating summa cum laude. She came to the University here and received a Masters in Political Science, then enrolled in the University Law School, while teaching an Economics class for the University Economics School."

"Impressive." Cindy said.

"Yes." I said agreeably. "But she didn't finish Law School, and I don't know why. She began working in State Rep. Elijah McKinney's office, then worked on State Senator Maxine Watts's failed campaign for Lieutenant Governor. She won the Town Assembly seat for the area that encompasses the southern University campus three years ago. Now she's running for the Council against Malinda Adams, and Bettina told us why on her newscast: Jacobs is black, and focused on black and civil rights issues, while Malinda Adams is white... and slightly devoted to women's issues."

"Slightly?!" Teresa Croyle gasped in mock shock.

"Oh, did I understate that?" I asked with a grin.

"Looks to meeee," drawled the Chief, "like there is going to be an orchestrated effort to get more blacks on the Counnn-sulllll"

"Which is how they should be doing it." said Cindy. "Through the process, by peaceful means."

"I agree with both of you." growled Sheriff Griswold. "And to the Chief's point, I've heard that they're going to make big pushes against John Colby and Dagmar Schoen on the south and west parts of the outer County, and Sheila Sorrells and Susan Weston in the Downtown and Mid-Town districts. They're making big voter drives in those areas."

"Changing the subject." Teresa said. "What are we going to do about these Press smears about that I.A. investigation?"

"Leave that to the Iron Crowbar." grunted the Sheriff.

"And this is a great time to tell you that the Angels Meeting this morning is canceled." I said. "Make sure to watch KFXU's broadcast, though."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Hello and welcome!" said Catrina Pierce at 8:00am. "I'm Catrina Pierce, and with me as always on Fox University Sunrise is Meredith Peller. Hello, Meredith!"

"Hello, Catrina." said Meredith. "Hello, everyone. Here's what's happening today. "The Town & County Police are pushing back against false allegations by our competitor KXTC of covering up an Internal Affairs investigation. Joining us today is Commander Donald Troy of the TCPD. Thank you for coming by, Commander."

"Pleasure to be here, Meredith, Catrina." I said as the camera panned out to include me, looking sharp in my Duty Dress uniform.

Catrina asked "Commander, take us through this I.A. investigation and what it really was, as opposed to the Fake News of our competitor."

"Gladly." I replied. "But first, let me say this: the Town & County Police Force does not use illegal 'stop and frisk' tactics, and have not used them while I've been part of the Force. 'Stop and frisk' without probable cause is a violation of our citizens's Constitutional rights, and we do not do it. So KXTC outright lied there."

Furthermore," I said, "Internal Affairs routinely watches for activity by Police Officers that might be outside the norm of their duties. The vast majority of our Officers are doing an outstanding job, but occasionally in the past we'd find Officers in contact with known drug dealers, or being reported for actions not conducive to good relations with our minority communities. And those situations are investigated by our Internal Affairs Department."

I continued: "In this case, Internal Affairs started a routine review of a potential anomaly but found nothing wrong, so they closed the investigation and issued a report to the Police leadership and the Sheriff. Your competitor KXTC, which re-hired and continues to employ a reporter that made racist attacks upon my daughter and even threatened her, the same KXTC which never fails to take cheap shots at the TCPD no matter what the truth is, attempted to create a false narrative about this report, including saying that it was secret."

Catrina threw the softball: "Commander, there are allegations by those in the minority communities that this report is a cover-up of Police brutality against minorities, particularly blacks. What is your response to that?"

I held up a booklet bound with plastic covers. "Here's the actual report, an exclusive for you at KFXU." I handed it to Meredith as I said "Please do share that with your colleagues around the State. I think it will show that we're doing what we can to prevent racial problems, while your competitor and their racist reporter tries to gin up race-hatred incidents. And copies will be made available to Minority leaders in the County upon request..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"DAYUM!"

That came from Senior Detective Theo Washington as the Detectives watched the broadcast in MCD. Theo continued: "That was righteous!"

"Yeah it was." said Detective Sergeant Julia Rodriguez.

"Gotta wonder what Bettina and Penis Holder think of that." said Detective Roark Coleman.

"Roark, can I see you outside for a moment?" said Lieutenant Jerome Davis. Coleman followed him into the hallway.

"As much as I agree with the sentiment," Jerome said to Roark, "don't call him that out loud, especially in front of Rodriguez. Not that she'll be a problem... she's a good cop, one of the guys... but if someone else overhears it and wants to make something out of it, you're making it easy for them."

As that admonition was taking place, the rest of the Detectives were talking. "Hey, Theo," said Julia, "so your brother is running to be a Judge? Think he can win?"

"I sure hope so." said Theo. "I think he'll be a great judge. I don't think he was planning to run this cycle, but with Nance's seat up in the next election, it was too good a chance to pass up."

"Talking out of turn," said Sr. Detective Teddy Parker, not worrying in any way that he was talking out of turn, "does this have anything to do with the situation in the D.A.'s Office?"

Theo said "All I'll say is that it might have influenced his decision."

"That bad, huh?" muttered Julia Rodriguez.

"What's going on in the D.A.'s Office?" asked Detective George Newman, who was black.

"Miriam Walters is playing the cronyism card." replied Theo. "She's been pushing Savannah Fineman onto our big cases, so that Fineman will look good in the election for Solicitor. And in doing that, Walters is keeping down the best ADA they have, Paulina Patterson."

"You're saying she's better than your brother?" Teddy Parker asked mischievously.

"I'll say this in all candor and honesty." said Theo. "They're both damn good, but if I had to choose one or the other to secure a conviction of a murderer like Peter Blassingame, I'd probably choose Paulina first. Franklin is great at spoon-feeding juries, making them understand the complexities of drug-related cases, but Paulina is a pit bull that can and does crush whatever crap the defense lawyers try to throw at her."

"Is it a racial problem in the D.A.'s Office?" asked George Newman.

"No, like I said, it's more like cronyism." said Theo. "But Franklin was seeing it as a racial situation, and he wants out---"

*Whirrrrrrrrrrr*

Conversation ceased as Captain Tanya Perlman drove into the room. "All hands on deck!" she announced. "We've got a murder. Hyatt Hotel. All of you, get over there! Lieutenant Davis, take charge of the scene when you get there..."

Part 2 - The Crime Scene

9:00am, give or take, Friday, November 15th. I walked into Suite 802 at the Hyatt Hotel, which was next door to the larger Suite 801 where the late Senator Samuel Russell had fucked U.S. Congressman Gerald A. Condor's sweet young intern Chandra, and Chandra was subsequently found dead. (Author's note: 'Unresolved', Ch. 04.) Unlike that suite, this suite had only two bedrooms, both to the left side of the main room.

On the floor in the middle of the living room was a woman, wearing only purple silk panties and strappy black high heel sandals. I could see that she was in her late thirties, with a full mane of auburn-red hair and very large and bouncy artificial breasts. Her face was very heavily made up, especially the blue eyeliner that was almost overdone. She was trim and fit, and her abs were visibly firm. Her shapely legs were very long, showing that she was tall, and also attested to her being fit. There were several rings with expensive stones on her fingers, but none of them were a wedding band or engagement ring.

Her throat had been slit, and the Crime Lab had done a good job of marking off the lines of blood on the carpet, which had spewed out when the crime had been committed. I could see no other obvious injuries upon her. The Crime Lab had already scraped her long, blood-red fingernails for skin that might be a cluuuue to her assailant.

"Good morning Commander, and Commander." said Lt. Jerome Davis as Cindy Ross and I came in. "The Sheriff is getting our newbies up to speed."

Indeed, Sheriff Griswold had somehow gotten to the scene ahead of us, and was pointing out things to Coleman and Newman. I immediately went over.

"Hi, Sheriff." I said. "Can I listen in?"

"Sure, Crowbar." growled the Sheriff. "And ladies and gentlemen, take note that the Iron Crowbar himself is willing to listen and learn. And after I'm done talking, I'll be listening and learning from him." Everyone crowded around.

"I've already examined her arms and legs for needle marks." said the Sheriff. "And I found nothing, either recent or old, so I'm doubting she's an addict."

I nodded in agreement. "Which also may rule out her being injected with poison."

"Exactly." growled Griswold. "Her clothes are in a pile by the couch, not blooded by her injuries. The only injuries I'm seeing are the throat wound. She was surprised from behind; there are faint markings and messed-up makeup over her mouth and cheeks where she was probably grabbed, and you can see how the blood spurted in the direction towards the front door. She was dropped and crumpled to the ground, and blood kept pulsing out of her carotid artery until there was no more to pump and/or her heart stopped." We all noted the blood patterns on the floor as the Sheriff pointed them out.

Griswold: "She's been dead at least 8 to 10 hours, but I'll leave the final conclusion on that to Martha the M.E. Also, I peeked under her panties and I'm not seeing semen or blood on her vaginal lips; therefore I'm speculating she was not raped and probably didn't have sex recently... but once again I'll leave the final conclusion on that to the M.E."

"Her clothes over there weren't torn?" I asked.

"No sir." said Teddy Parker. "It appears she took her dress off in a striptease and let it fall to the floor in a puddle, and her bra followed."

"I'll buy that for a dollar." I said. "The analysis, that is; not the striptease." I quickly examined the clothes, noting the expensive designer names and the good quality of the fabrics. The dress was dark blue, and the bra a rather standard white.

"Purse?" I asked.

"It was bagged and tagged." said Julia Rodriguez. "It was found kind of pushed under the end table by the sofa, and the clothes half-hid it. No ID inside, but $550 in cash was in there, as well as a snub-nose .38 Special, fully loaded, not fired."

"She does have a concealed carry permit, issued in Southport." said Jerome Davis.

I looked at the Gucci purse in the evidence bag, then opened the bag and took the purse into my latex-gloved hands and gave it a visual once-over. I did the same for the (now unloaded) revolver in its own evidence bag.