Hoop Dreams

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Understood. Anything else we should know?"

"No scandals however I am unmarried and living with my girlfriend. Not sure if that's a problem, but she's a priority with me and may need some convincing if a job offer is tendered."

Myra used her toes to caress my cock through my shorts.

Nick wrapped it up "I'll let the board know Brady. This has been a very productive meeting. My recommendation to hire you is moving forward. Have a great evening."

After disconnected Myra offered her hand "Come on big boy, start convincing me!"

I swear she tried to kill me with sex that night. My tongue was sore. My jaw was sore. And I could hardly take a piss with my cock tenderized.

( * ) ( * )

It was the following Tuesday night when Myra found me nursing a beer. The television was off as I sat alone at the kitchen table.

"Something wrong Brady?"

"Yes. No. Maybe. We need to talk."

Myra looked nervous but quickly took a seat across from me.

"Okay, spill it."

"I got an offer."

"You get offers all the time. Wait! Are you thinking about taking this one? Did Nick call back?"

"Yeah, Nick called. Now I've got some hard decisions to make."

"Okay, tell me about the offer?"

"Head basketball coach. Three-year deal. Got a sophomore who made all conference and a freshman who got honorable mention. Previous coach failed to produce a winning record so they decided to try again."

"Well three years gives you time to implement your game plan, doesn't it?"

"Yeah, that's not the problem. The problem is that I want you to come with me and we've never talked about taking us further. We'd be under a spotlight and living together unmarried might generate the wrong image as coaches are supposed to be role models for these young women. It would look better if you were my wife."

"Brady Collins, you get down on your knee and ask me properly!" with a smile dominating her face.

I walked around to her chair, pulled a ring out of my pocket, got down on one knee and asked softly "Myra Rivers, will you marry me?"

"YES!" as she pushed me over smothering me with kisses.

The sex that night was all about her pleasing me, which I didn't object to.

Needless to say, I accepted the job offer. It was a big news story locally. I even got a text from Lizette congratulating me.

'Way to go Dad! Mom is so pissed. She can't stop bad-mouthing the college where you'll coach.'

Lizette took my call and we had a pleasant conversation. Apparently, Mr. Harvard had lost a small fortune and there was trouble in paradise.

Things moved quickly after that. I met Myra's parents. She met mine. Although inconvenient for our relatives, Myra and I were well regarded locally so we had our wedding in a city park six weeks later. Everyone was welcome. That cost me a pretty penny as word spread quickly. Thankfully I'd had a few players whose parents were in the catering business and they managed to feed the masses.

It was great to see so many of my former players, and their children. That'll make you feel old when your first graduates come back with kids already in school. Missing was Lisette who'd been invited but Alice made sure they were on vacation that weekend. The rumor mill was that they'd given up their country club membership.

Although we advertised as a 'no gifts' affair, we sent out several hundred 'Thank You' cards afterwards.

Myra bought one of those 'Fifty Ways to Kill Your Husband with Sex' books. Now it's me that has trouble keeping up. I need to stretch before climbing into bed.

( * ) ( * )

Epilogue:

After we relocated Myra quickly found a gig with the local television station. I scoured the country for talent.

I'd like to say that I stepped in, we went undefeated, and then won the national championship. But, no. Two of my former high-school players transferred in helping us to a winning record in our first season. We were the ten seed in our conference tournament and beat the seven seed before losing to the two seed. They extended my contract for another year.

Two years later we entered the conference tournament as the three seed and took down the netting. We were headed to the Big Dance. Lisette sent a text 'Mom's on a rampage. Good luck!'

At the tournament a very pregnant Myra was at my side with our two-year-old daughter Siena. Do you know how difficult it is to find a name that doesn't mirror someone that you've coached? At the big game Siena provided the entertainment bouncing a ball like she was born with it in her hand. No lack of confidence in that little one.

We played valiantly and only trailed by one at half-time. Although we were one and done at the Big Dance, we made it! That garnered me another contract extension. The incoming transfers and recruited freshmen take away any excuses I might have for not making it big again.

I still give the reporters a hard time in the post-game interviews. It's a lot tougher when a much better team has just handed you your lunch.

Kaitlyn and Lisette transferred to South Creek High School. Kaitlyn played varsity for three years but her team never won a state title. She's getting playing time at a Division II school. Lisette played junior varsity her freshman year before quitting basketball altogether. Redmond is still stuck on seven state titles. One of my former key players is now the head coach at Redmond. We talk regularly. Don't count them out yet.

Lisette and I have reopened the lines of communications, but I doubt that it will be me walking her down the aisle when she gets married. At least she invited us to her high-school graduation. It's a start.

When Helen got married, we attended. She still does commercials for the Down Syndrome organization. Although quite rare for a woman with Down Syndrome, Helen got pregnant and gave birth to a boy. It was a coin toss whether her son would have Down Syndrome. He didn't. His middle name is Brady.

= = = =

Now lighten up...

I was headed to the Broncos' game with my pair of tickets on the passenger seat. I needed about a half-dozen Fireball shooters to help me make it through the game, well the first half anyway. I've been staying to the end of the game recently as the parking lot is pretty much cleared out by then. Now I wasn't in there for more than five minutes and when I got back to my car it looked like someone had broken in, and left two more tickets.