Hot Steel

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Lewis!" I called out when I saw her enter the station.

"Not now Max," she said, walking briskly past me.

"It's Rachel ..."

"I know," she said before I could finish. "We'll talk later. Wait for me." She walked down the hallway to her office and shut the door behind her.

* * *

I changed into my street clothes and waited in the break room. Thank God Hightower was long gone. I was in such a foul mood I probably would have dragged him into the parking lot and beat him to a pulp. I think I was on my third cup of coffee when Lieutenant Lewis came into the room.

"Let's go to Vince's and have a drink." She was already dressed in her civvies. Cream colored sheer blouse, pants and low heels. It was a good look on her long, lanky frame.

It was dusk, and the sun cast long shadows as walked the few blocks to Vince's in relative silence. I could tell there was a lot on her mind. The bar was almost empty, as we were about an hour ahead of the after work crowd. We took a booth in the back and sat across from each other. This was going to be a vodka conversation, not a beer one, so I ordered two shots for us. Lewis nodded her agreement when I placed the order.

"Look, Lewis, what's ..."

"It's Stephanie. My friends call me Steph."

"Steph, what's going on with Rachel?"

"Max, this of course is confidential, but as her partner you have a right to know."

"This is between us," I assured her.

"We received an anonymous tip last night with a photo."

"OK."

She took out her phone and swiped though a few pictures. She held up her phone so I could see it. It was a grainy picture of the woman from the other day who was handing Rachel a baggie with meth in it. I wasn't in the frame and it looked like she was taking it for herself.

"It's bullshit. I was there."

"I know. But we searched her locker and found a larger quantity of meth in it. Same pink crystals."

"She's been framed."

"I know it. But it doesn't look good. Somehow someone snuck into the station house and planted it in her locker. We've been reviewing camera footage of the front door but haven't seen anything suspicious yet. I'm not sure how anyone could get access to the locker room."

"Have you tried the cleaning crew?"

"We're on it. That's a possibility."

"Shit. Rachel's just getting into the swing of things, and now this."

The drinks arrived. We tapped our shot glasses and downed them with practiced efficiency. Steph signaled for two more. She slid her hand across the table and put it on top of mine.

"We'll find these fuckers," she assured me. I felt the warmth of her hand and didn't pull mine away.

The second round arrived and we downed them immediately. She told me that she too was divorced and had two teenage children that were living with their father. Like me, she was married to her job. After the third round came her confession.

"I've always found you to be attractive," she said to me through misty eyes.

I looked at her carefully. The fine lines on her face did nothing to detract from her sexiness. I didn't expect to be hit on, especially not from Steph.

"Let's pick up a bottle and go to my place," I suggested. "No one we know is going to be there."

She leaned forward so I could see down her blouse, her lacy demi-cup bra and her white B cup breasts. I could smell the perfume she must have dabbed on before our meeting.

"I'd like that."

* * *

She followed me to my motel. She got out of her car and followed me to my room. "Nice neighborhood," she said, seeing the trash strewn parking lot and the faded, peeling paint on the motel's exterior.

"Like I said, no one we know will be here."

I unlocked the door and held it open for her. Thank God the housekeeper made the bed and threw away my empty vodka bottles. I put the fresh handle on the dresser and poured two shots in the disposable plastic cups that were kept on the bathroom counter.

I handed one to her. "Nothing but the best." We toasted the plastic cups and downed the contents. A very nice glow was enveloping my body. Steph pulled the shades shut. She picked up the handle and poured us two more shots.

"I've wanted to fuck you for a long time," she said. "I liked older women, like myself. Less bullshit and pretension." She unbuttoned her blouse, threw it on the floor, and then reached behind to unclasp her bra. Her bra fell to the floor, revealing two, pear shaped breasts topped with large, dark brown nipples. I looked at her, and then to her reflection in the mirror behind her. Seeing her wispy blonde hair, streaked with grey, and her gaunt body, made me want her even more.

I downed the shot. I was going to my happy place. The momentary white hot burn and then the warm and fuzzy feeling.

"No time like the present." I stripped and threw myself on the bed. I crooked my finger to tell her to come to me. She did.

She wanted to take it slow. She nibbled on the inside of my thighs, working her way up and making them quiver as her lips left a trail of wetness. I arched my back, imploring her to move faster, eager to receive her tongue. I ran my fingers through her wavy hair, savoring the silky texture, and then using my hands to guide her head where it was wanted ... between my legs. She raised her head for a moment, making sure we made eye contact before she dipped her chin and plunged her tongue inside me, causing a contented sigh to escape my lips.

"Faster," I urged her, as the tip of her tongue wiggled inside me. Sparks were cutting through the alcohol induced haze. My toes were tingling. I leaned forward and massaged her muscular shoulders as she ate my pussy. "Just like that ... just like that ...".

I arched my back when she rimmed my anus and then cried out when she used her thumb to grind it against my clitoris. I was climbing higher, above the squalor of my motel, above the bullshit charges against Rachel, and into the wispy sun drenched clouds above.

"Yes ... yes ... yes," I panted, wanting it to last forever. The wave of pleasure crested. I squeezed my eyes shut and with muscles tensed, let my body surf on the wave until it broke onto the shore. Then there was silence, but for our labored breathing. Steph finally summoned the energy to lay next to me, putting her head in the crook of my shoulder.

"We're just two tired old broads having a little fun," she said, still short of breath.

I ran my hand through her hair and twisted a few strands around my finger. "It's more than that and you know it."

She shrugged her shoulders. "I've been looking my entire life."

"And maybe you've found something worth keeping." That would be me.

She turned on her side and looked into my eyes and then brought her head upright so she could kiss me lightly on the lips.

"Maybe I have," she whispered. Then she rolled onto her back and spread her legs. "Show me."

* * *

We had a shortage of beat patrol officers, and with Rachel on paid administrative leave Lanny was temporarily reassigned from Vice to be my partner. I missed him, and welcomed back into my car with open arms. He slid into the driver's seat and I handed him a cup of coffee from a pot that I brewed from my own stash of beans. He could smell the unmistakable aroma.

"It's your family's blend, isn't it?" he asked as he took a sip for his first taste.

"It is."

"I've missed this as much as I've missed you." He took a longer draw and then dropped the paper cup into the car's cup holder. He started the car and started backing out of our parking space.

"Don't mistake my generosity for leniency ... boot." I admonished him part in jest but also to reinforce that we shouldn't let our friendship get in the way of the hierarchy of command.

"Noted," he replied crisply, steering our cruiser out into traffic.

I knew that Rachel had been framed and was trying to figure out how the drugs could have gotten into her locker. I came to the conclusion it had to be an inside job. No one from the public could gain access to our locker room without being seen or recorded on our video feed, and I couldn't believe it was a member of the cleaning crew. Steph had told me that there was a leak in her department, and I suspected that the leaker was also the person that planted the drugs in Rachel's locker. But who?

I had an idea on how to identify the mole. I planned to meet with my contact at one of the major wireless companies and asked for a list of outgoing calls that were received by the cell tower nearest our station. I could see if anyone called the burner phone that I confiscated from the drug dealer.

Our cruiser came to a stop at a traffic light. I told him that we had a change in plans.

"Go to this address," I said, handing him the business card of my contact.

He looked down at the address, and then put on his right blinker.

"Where are we going Max?"

"Nothing you need to know about now Lanny. Just take me there." I didn't want to tell Lanny what I was up to. He was blissfully unaware that there was a leak, probably in his department. I wanted to keep it that way.

We rolled up to the listed address. "Wait here," I told him as I got out of the car.

I called my contact, and moments later the door to the employee entrance opened and an older man let me in.

"Must be important Max." The man was Donovan Osborn, a veteran of a half dozen corporate mergers, now sitting as operations manager for the largest wireless carrier in our town. I helped his daughter a few years back. She was mixed up with drugs, and I helped pull her off the streets and into rehab.

"It is," I replied. "There's a lot riding on this."

"I'm happy to help," said Donovan, still grateful.

"I know. By the way, how is Anna?"

"Great ... great. She's studying to be a dietician. She's trying to transfer to State this fall to get her four year degree. Max, I can't tell you how thankful Cindy and I are for your help."

I told him about Rachel, and the importance of getting a download of the calls received by the cell tower near our station. He promised he would do his best, but of course no guarantees.

Lanny was standing next to our car, checking the messages on his phone, when I returned.

"Got what you need Max?"

"Yep ... let's roll."

We spent the remainder of the day on an uneventful patrol. A few minor squabbles in the neighborhood and a fender bender in front of one of the local bars. When we returned to the station I went to Steph's office to see if she had pulled the phone numbers off the burner phone. We could see if any of those numbers matched the cell phone numbers of someone on the force. I sauntered into her office. The door was open and she was sitting at her computer answering e-mails. She swiveled in her chair when she heard me enter. She held up her hand to indicate she was talking to someone. I tried to ignore the phone conversation and take a minute to see what was in her office. The usual police bullshit, citations, academy pictures, but I also saw a diploma from the University of New Mexico and a family picture of her with her mother and what looked like two other sisters. She interrupted me when I had my head slightly tilted so I could see what books she had on her shelves.

"Max," she said, with affection, arms spread apart.

I straightened my neck. "Just little ole me," I announced.

"You look better without your uniform on," she said sotto voce, mindful her door was still open.

"Later," I replied. I pulled apart my shirt so she could see my bra more clearly between the buttons. She was going to have her head buried there later that night. "But business first."

"The leak might be in your department." I let my last two words resonate off her walls.

She sat up straight in her chair. "What makes you say that?"

I was certain I was right. "I don't think anyone from the outside could have planted the drugs in Rachel's locker."

"Why my department?"

"Who else outside of your department knew about the raid?"

Steph paused, but only for a moment. "Only the Chief."

"Well?"

"It's an educated guess, but that's all it is at this point ... just a guess." Her voice sounded dismissive. I didn't know why she was taking that tact.

"It makes sense. How could he have gotten away otherwise? It's the only explanation," I argued.

"You might be right." Her voice returned to a normal level. "So how can I help you?"

"I think Rachel was framed, perhaps by the same person who is the leak. I'm thinking that we should check the phone numbers on the burner we took from the suspect and see if any of those numbers look familiar."

She looked surprised. "Framed? That's a pretty serious charge." She shifted in her stance and her hand absentmindedly rested on top of her service revolver. "I heard that the suspect jumped out of a second story window. It's anyone's guess if he was tipped off." She went around me and shut the door.

"Who the fuck cares about Rachel. You've got me now," she said, practically pinning me against the door. Her hand cupped the crotch of my pants, and then raised upward, lifting the heels of my shoes slightly above the ground. "And I've got all of you." She leaned forward and playfully nipped my ear. I started to breathe hard and so did she. The buttons on my shirt threatened to pop off.

"You go ahead and look at that burner phone if that's going to make you happy." She lifted her arms away from the doorway and allowed me the space to leave. Why the aggression on her part? Nothing seemed to fit together the way I thought it should.

"It'll make me happy." I put my hand on her doorjamb and knocked on the wood edifice before I left her office.

I wandered over to the evidence room. The officer on duty took his eyes off his computer screen and turned to me. I told him what I wanted. He went back to the computer and quickly tapped out the requested item. He whirled around and pushed a log book in front of me and pointed to where I should sign. He locked his workstation and walked to a heavy mesh door that separated his desk from the secure evidence area. He placed his thumb on a wall mounted scanner and typed in a PIN number. The door click opened he disappeared from sight.

When the door shut behind him my mind immediately drifted back to the events of the past few weeks. Here I was, trying to gather the evidence to clear a woman who three weeks ago I couldn't have cared less about. Rachel was my partner, and it was my obligation to protect her. It worried me that Steph didn't immediately jump to her defense. I wasn't exactly selective with my partners. Could she have been the mole?

My thoughts were interrupted by the clang of the metal door. The officer gave me a sealed plastic bag. I turn it over and saw that the back was missing as well as the sim card. I remembered taking it intact. Someone was fucking with the evidence locker. I asked to see the names of the last persons to visit the evidence room. He queued up the list on his laptop and turned around the screen so I could see the last two day's entries. I scanned the list.

... McDonald, Baganian, Hightower... fucking Chuck Hightower. I prayed it was him.

Since I struck out on the burner, the next order of business was getting the outbound calls from that tower. I didn't have the info on the burner, but I did have its phone number. I called Donovan. He should have had enough time to find what we needed. I heard him pick up.

"Donovan."

"Max."

"You got it?" I asked. I was never good at the preliminaries.

"Yeah, yeah," he whispered. I think he thought we were in a spy movie.

"Donovan, so when can I get it?"

He was a telephone company guy. He wasn't used to being pushed. "Look, this isn't exactly kosher and I have an important meeting with my boss at 3 that I can't ..."

I shouted first. "Donovan." It was the kind of voice that wouldl bring a disobedient dog to heel.

"I'm going to roll up at your door in one hour. That's when you're going to have that list for me."

"It's a lot of information to go through ... I've got a lot on my plate right now ..."

"Donovan ... one hour."

I worked on my backlog of reports in the office and drove over to Donovan's office. He met me out in the parking lot with a cardboard box in his hands. I rolled down my window and he leaned his head inside.

"We're even now Max. I really appreciate what you did for Anna, but this is the last time ..."

He shoved a banker's box full of papers through my open window. It was heavy.

"Thanks .. I think," I said as I hefted the box and then pushed it over to the passenger seat. "Why so much?"

"You didn't give me a lot of time to run queries. I just did a dump from the database for that day, so there's probably a thousand pages of printout in that box. Look, I've got a meeting ..."

"We're done. Thanks Donovan. I owe you."

I pulled out of the parking lot and looked at the box. A thousand pages. I needed help. Rachel. She was on administrative leave. I hit her number and it started ringing on my Bluetooth connection through the car's radio.

"Hello?" She sounded sleepy.

"Rachel, are you in bed?"

"Yeah, just taking a nap. Thought this would be a good opportunity to catch up on my sleep."

"I'm coming over now."

"Now?"

"I've got a job for you. I'll explain when I get there."

"I'm going to hop in the shower. I'll leave the front door unlocked. Just come in."

It was only a five minute drive to her apartment. She lived in a sprawling garden apartment complex. She had a second story unit facing an interior courtyard and a swimming pool. I walked up the open concrete steps lugging the heavy box. I knocked on her door. There was no answer, so I opened the unlocked door and plopped myself down on the living room sofa. The drapes were drawn shut, so I turned on a floor lamp. I could smell coffee so I went into her kitchen, located the cabinet that held the mugs, and poured myself a cup. The coffee wasn't half bad. I went back to the living room to wait.

I finished my cup, and was about to get another one when Rachel came into the living room with a towel around her wet hair and another around her body. She looked lovely, even without make-up.

"So you found the coffee," she said, looking down at my empty mug.

"Coffee has a way of finding me." It was the first time I saw all of her bare legs. Perfectly toned and sexy. I had to suppress my baser urges.

She unwrapped the towel that was around her head. She shook her head and small droplets of water arced through the air. She had unbraided her hair so it was long and had a high level of sheen from still being wet. She was transcending sexy to something better.

"So what have you got for me?" she asked as she rubbed her hair with her towel. I could see the towel that was wrapped around her body was about to give way.

I of course was totally flummoxed from watching her and had already forgotten the purpose of my visit. I glanced down and saw the cardboard box on the floor.

"Oh yeah. This box has the download of the calls made through the cell tower near the station. It's the day of the raid, so we'd be looking for a call to this number. I handed her a piece of paper with the number of the burner on it.

She opened the box and saw the huge pile of pages. "There's hundreds of pages in here."

"I think it's more like a thousand."

"It's going to take me all day."

"Guess you better start getting busy."

She leaned forward to dig through the box. Her towel gave way and opened so I could see her breasts hanging down. It was a glorious sight. I didn't look away.

She must have seen me out of the corner of her eye. She straightened up and refastened her towel. She looked at me and blushed.