House of Lies Pt. 02

Story Info
The Laughlins face a bitter truth.
9.4k words
4.47
5.4k
13

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 08/26/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

House of Lies Part II

The days seemed to fly by, each one stretching into the next. Almost in an instant, it was Friday morning and Sydnee Macklemore's eyes opened to the muted chirping of song birds. The sun had yet to rise over the horizon, making her brown eyes strain against the darkness that still occupied her room. A deep yawn shook her body as she sat up in bed. A strange twinge of excitement shot down her spine as the soft material of her nightshirt scraped her erect nipples. Sydnee quickly held her arms up to her chest. Slowly, she rubbed her fingers over her sensitive nubs. Feeling the sensation course through her.

"Damn." She said to no one else. "That must have been an awesome dream."

Sydnee sat in the dark for a moment collecting herself. Allowing her faculties to form. Today was the day. It was finally Friday. The day of her and her cousin Scott's pool party, and she was ecstatic. Suddenly, a chill ran through her. Prepping for the end of the semester and her eventual graduation had taken up most of her time during the week and she had really done nothing to prepare for the party. Throwing back her comforter, Sydnee's feet barely hit the floor before she was padding in the direction of her mom's bedroom. As she came into the hall, she paused at her cousin's door, finding it slightly ajar. Peering in through the crack, she could hear her best friend's little snore emanating from his bed. He must have really been beat. He usually never made that noise unless he had been completely drained from exhaustion. She could remember he would get like this after one of his grueling tennis matches. Where his muscles would flex...his breath would be ragged...his brow would be flowing sweet, hot, salty sweat...

Where the fuck did THAT come from; she wondered. She shook her head to clear the naughty thought that had crept into her muddled brain. Just before she closed his door, the air inside carried the lite, musky scent of the deodorant he always wore. The one she liked so much on him...DAMMIT! Sydnee moved away from Scott's door and walked to her destination. Surprisingly, her mom's door was already open. Sitting at her beauty desk, her mom Kayla was already dressed in the process of placing her earrings in.

"Hey Mom." Sydnee greeted as she lightly knocked on the door.

"Morning baby." Kayla responded as she spied her daughter in the mirror. "Come on in."

Crossing the threshold, Sydnee took in her mother. For a woman in her early 40's, Sydnee was impressed by her mother's beauty. Clad in a sheer pair of white stockings, covering her dainty feet. The way her black skirt covered her well toned legs (even if they were shorter than hers). The way her tailor made blouse made her waist seem smaller. The luscious mane of dark black hair that even up close, held nairy a gray. The delicate smile that greeted her in the reflection. If anything, Sydnee hoped that when she got to her mom's age, she was just as beautiful.

"Hey Mom, got a minute?"

"Always sweetie. What's going on?"

"Well first of all...you're up early. I thought you didn't go to work until about 9:30. What's up?"

"Oh...well, as you know, today's Friday. Your uncle and I have a special engagement tonight. So I'm going in early so that I can have end of the week conferences with my partners, do a couple consults, and get caught up on my paperwork. Why?"

"Oh...well, I just thought it was kinda odd. Anyway, I'm glad I caught you early then. I was wanting to ask permission to take the day off from school. You know tonight's the night of our pool party and I haven't made any preparations for it. If I hurry today, I can still make it great."

Kayla spun around on her bench to look at her daughter, a sly smile creeping over her face. "If you want to take the day off sweetie...that's fine by me. Your grades are great enough you could cruise these last few weeks and still pass in the top percentage of your class. But you needn't worry about the party. I made arrangements with all the necessary services. I saw how busy you and Scott have been this week and remember...I was a young lady before too. So now I don't have to worry about anyone being here to let them in and set up."

Sydnee's mouth hung open. Her mother never failed to surprise her. Even with being a successful plastic surgeon, and possibly her uncle's lover, she was ALWAYS a step ahead of everything! One of these days she would have to ask how in the world she did it.

"Close your mouth dear...you'll catch flies." Kayla remarked. A huge smile crossing her lips.

Sydnee almost jumped out of her skin as a massive pair of arms encircled her in a big bear hug.

"Wow...jumpy much Ladybug'?" Sean said in his niece's ear.

Sydnee relaxed as she realized who it was. It wasn't a lot, but she loved her uncle Sean's hugs. As a little girl, they always felt special. Made her feel safe, loved, protected. Now that she was older, the feelings were morphing. She could feel the heat from his body. The strength in his chest and arms. The soul healing depth of his affections. The wonderful aroma of his cologne. He was everything a man should be as she thought. The way he made her feel, ANY woman would be honored to be his. This cemented it...if he made her mom feel like this...then it made perfect sense. She loved her uncle too.

"Morning Uncle Sean." She said.

"Peeeewwww....morning breath!" Sean chided as he gave her a small peck on the cheek. "You should go brush your teeth immediately young lady."

She was just about to turn when her uncles fingers began to tickle her ribs.

"UNCLE SEAN!!!"

Damn how did he do it?! No matter how old she got, Sydnee always felt like the same little girl that took piggyback rides on her uncle's shoulders. Ahhh...simpler times.

"OK Mr. Man!" Kayla reprimanded. "Don't get her started! You know how much trouble you used to have getting her to calm down after you got her all riled up. It's too early in the morning. Scott's still sleep I hope."

Kayla grabbed her purse and matching suit jacket from the bed. "Besides...we got to get going. A lot to do today. Sydnee...don't bother waking up your cousin. He was still up late last night helping your uncle clean out the pool, so since you're taking a day off for this party, he might as well enjoy it as well. Let's go handsome."

"Have a good day Ladybug, We'll see you later tonight." Sean spoke.

"Bye guys." Sydnee responded. She watched them leave her mother's room. Her mind taking a quick mental picture of them together. If it weren't for the fact that they were siblings, Sydnee thought they made a lovely couple. They matched so well. They seemed so happy. Like any other couple that had been through the trenches together for so many years. If they were together, why get so upset? They weren't hurting anyone else. Why should she and the whole world think their love should be a bad thing? Maybe if things were different...she and Scott could...

DAMNIT!! AGAIN?! Her cousin had invaded her thoughts. Making her think things she shouldn't making her feel things she shouldn't. Later that very day, Blake would grace their home and she had been crushing on him for the longest. Possibly changing her life forever. She was stuck between two rocky, hard places. And didn't have a clue how to feel.

"Fuck." she muttered to herself as she sat alone on her mother's bed.

The sound of clattering metal woke Scott Laughlin with a start. Jumping out of his bed, he ran almost naked into the hallway and down the stairs. Going against the wishes of his father, he took them two at a time. Arriving at the landing, he turned toward the kitchen to see what was the matter. His heart pounding at the thought that Sydnee might have been hurt.

"What the hell's going on here? Sydnee; are you ok?!"

Standing in a pair of black, knee length leggings and an oversized shirt hanging off her shoulder, Sydnee turned toward the sound of the voice behind her. Two other women dressed in matching black and white uniforms were stooped low to the floor. A mass of metal serving trays and utensils scattered precariously before them.

"Well damn! Good morning to you too!" Sydnee remarked, a cup of coffee in her mitts.

"I heard all the noise Syd. I thought you might have been hurt"

"Awwwww....." The women said in unison.

"I'm fine." Sydnee repied. "Ummmmm....why don't you have any clothes on?"

Scott looked down at himself. He was in such a hurry, he forgot to put anything on and was currently standing in front of three women practically naked, with the exception of his old high school shorts he wore to bed. Worse still, his morning wood proceeded him like a battle standard.

"Shit!" He screamed as he covered himself with his hands (for all the good it was doing). "Who are they?"

Sydnee put her coffee down and leaned against the kitchen island. Hand on her hip and a sly grin on her mouth. "These are some of the caterers for the party this evening." She said with a wave of her hand.

"Well..what time is it? Where are our parents?"

"It's almost noon sleepy head. And the old people left early this morning for work. God you must have really been sleeping hard."

"Yeah....something like that. OH FUCK!!! I gotta program the sound system for the party!!!"

"That's being taken care of goofball. The DJ is supposed to show up at around 4:00. My mom has taken care of everything already. I tell you what...you go upstairs and get some real clothes on. I'll bring you a cup and go over everything so you have an idea what you might need to do."

Scott turned slowly, trying hard to hide his embarrassment. Taking the stairs again two at a time.

"WOW!!! Who was that?!" One of the women asked.

"Oh HIM?! That was just my cousin Scott." Sydnee replied.

"DAMN!!! He is FINE!!! I wouldn't mind having a piece of that chocolate ANYTIME!!!"

"SHUT UP HEATHER!!!" Her friend admonished lightly. "You know DAMN WELL you ain't supposed to talk like that about our CLIENTS! At least not while they can HEAR YOU!!"

"Yeah I know...but DAMN!!! You see all that?! Girl you know I got a sweet tooth!"

"GIRL BYE!!! You know that boy is too young for you...besides...ain't you still with Brandon?!"

"For your information...Brandon is just my baby's daddy. AND...you know how much I LOVE chocolate!!"

"I KNOW that if you two heifers want to get paid for working this party...you'll stop talking about my cousin like he's some piece of MEAT!" Sydnee snapped.

"Oh...I'm sorry ma'am. Just a little fun between two old friends. This is just how we talk passing the time."

Reaching for a mug, Sydnee filled it with the hot concoction and added the cream and sugar she knew Scott enjoyed in his morning java. Turning toward the stairs, she added; "Well spend your time cleaning up this mess and getting ready for my party instead of disrespecting my cousin, THAT'S what you should be doing instead!"

"Yes ma'am, I'm sorry. You're right. But just confidentially..cousin or not...if I were you...I would be all OVER him! He's very attractive."

"OH GIRL HUSH AND HELP ME WITH THIS STUFF BEFORE YOU GET US FIRED!! You white folks always wanting to fuck your damn family members and shit!!!"

Sydnee made a show of rolling her eyes before she headed to the stairs to take Scott his coffee. Before she took the first step, she stopped dead in her tracks. The statement the woman made raced through her thoughts like a greased lightning bolt. Striking her at her very core.

"Cousin or not, if I were you, I would be all OVER him!!!"

A twinge shot a course from the top of her brain to the tip of her clit as she remembered the two awesome (if silent) orgasms she had lying in bed last night thinking about Scott. That thought was immediately replaced by a pang of terror thinking of the two women in the kitchen. While neither could be considered "drop dead gorgeous" by her standards, she knew all too well the effects of a little makeup and a change of clothes could have on a woman...more importantly, how MEN looked at them differently. The first woman was a dirty blond. Light blue eyes, an easy smile and a hint of ditzy, "Valley Girl" in her speech pattern that all the black boys at her school seemed to go for. Her partner was a black woman. Tight braids, clear mocha skin, and a body that her uniform was losing the battle to hide. Both had too easily be in their early to mid twenties. And NEITHER was all THAT careful about hiding their admiration for Scott. His seeming "puppy love" admiration of that skank Selena Marquez aside, Sydnee had no REAL idea of what type of woman Scott liked or went for. She wondered if he might have any interest in either one of them if they actually stopped and caught his attention.

Wait...what the FUCK was wrong with her?!!! She thought to herself. What difference did it make if either one or BOTH of them skanks wanted Scott! Why should she be upset?!! By tonight, she would have Blake in her arms (and possibly somewhere else if he played it right). Besides...Scott was her COUSIN and didn't seem to be all THAT interested in "keeping it in the family." So what was this dagger digging into her soul?

It was jealousy if she were honest with herself. A jealousy born from the unrequited feelings she had for a boy she shouldn't. But jealousy was one of women's greatest weapons, and one of their immutable prerogatives; and she was NOTHING if not a woman...right?!

Shaking her head, Sydnee cleared her mind and headed up the stairs to deliver her cousin's coffee, hoping against hope it hadn't gotten too cold. With every step she prayed a silent prayer to whomever was listening...that tonight, she didn't make the biggest mistake in her life.

"Dr. Laughlin...can we use your expertise for a minute?"

Scott Laughlin, M.D. Turned back toeard the sound of the voice coming from behind him. Dressed immaculately in his tailor made blue suit, crisp white shirt and gray tie, he had been heading toward the door to meet his sister for their meeting at the steak house. Looking at his Italian made watch he saw that he had a little over an hour to get there on time.

"Sure..but make it fast. I have an important meeting to get to."

Sean walked in the darkened room behind Dr. Malcolm Warner, one of the newest trauma doctors to join the staff. Born in Arkansas and recently graduating from N.C. State, Dr. Warner was decent at this point in his life...but VERY green. Inside the room staring at a set of abdominal x-rays was another brand new physician Dr. Diamoh. Born in Nigeria, Elizabeth Diamoh fast tracked through medical school and was currently doing her internship in the trauma department, and while Sean was impressed with her ability to rattle off textbook medical answers like a new aged IBM computer, her practical ability to apply said information was severely lacking.

"What have we got here?" Sean inquired as they came to a stop before the console.

"Male patient, aged 44. Abdominal obstruction in the rectal cavity. Dr. Pholly prescribed..."

"High doses of bisacodyls [stimulants], and wait for the obstruction to move on its own?"

"Yes. But the patient is complaining of intense pain in the abdominal region. We weren't sure what type of pain meds to give because..."

"Most pain meds causes the involuntary abdominal muscles to seize...meaning the entire thought process of stimulants is moot and.."

"Exactly."

Sean looked intently at the x-ray closer. Seeing a darkened area forming "Is this the latest shot that you have?"

"Yeah. We weren't sure if that darkness was just film error or something worse."

"It's not film error, that's abdominal hemorrhaging. Give the patient 20cc's of morphine and prep a surgery unit ASAP. If that bleed continues any longer your patient is going to go into shock."

Malcolm got on the phone immediately, distributing orders just as quickly. Just as Sean was headed out the door, Elizabeth commented; "Thanks. We were certainly at a loss for what to do. Oh, by the way...you look very dashing in your suit. She must be one lucky lady."

"Naw...I am one lucky man. I just hope everything works out well."

The Pantera car company opened its doors in May of 2000. Over that time, the company has produced some of the finest cars in America since the "Golden age" of American automobiles. Their latest flagship luxury car is the Pantera X5. A limited run of only 1,000 made it one of the most exclusive (and expensive) automobiles on the streets. Everything from the Stone Beats stereo system, the 500 horsepower, V6 engine that purred like a well stroked kitten, to the 22" alloy, composite rims wedded to the Liberator wheels that are just shy of racing spec, to the handmade upholstered interior, spoke volumes of class, elegance, performance, and finally...a little bit of cash flow. Because regular starting price for the machine was a hefty $125,000. for the base model. To make the vehicle even more exclusive, the majority of the vehicles are driven by those of the African American persuasion. Mostly Rappers, athletes, models, and high ranking civil servants. All these thoughts raced through Dennis O'Connell's head as one of the rare automotive pieces of art pulled to a silent stop outside the Ruth's Chris steakhouse he valeted for. No telling which of the aforementioned famous people would exit the vehicle for him to take the keys.

The people that disgorged however took him almost aback. While definitely black, neither one of them was famous to his recollection. The woman most definitely could be a model of some kind. Her dress was sequined dark blue. Shining and shimmering in the dying daylight. An expensive clutch purse in her dainty hand. The bottom of the dress was slit up the side, showing off a pair of well toned, beautiful (if rather short) pair of legs. Her hair was done in waves of lustrous micro braids that flowed down the right side of her neck and cascaded over the strapless top of the dress. Although the dress itself was in no danger of falling off the obviously well endowed breasts that fit snugly under the material. The man she was with was no slouch either. Just from the cut of the suit, he could tell the guy was built well. Even the cologne he wore smelled expensive as he pressed a crisp $20 into his hand.

The smile on his face said more words than escaped his lips. Denting said vehicle which cost more than Dennis' life, would result in DIRE and PAINFUL consequences. Dennis got behind the wheel and watched the twosome enter the building. In the span of mere seconds, he knew something about the two of them, though he couldn't put his finger on it. He didn't recognize either of them as anyone overly famous. The woman COULD be a model, but he had never seen her picture anywhere before. The man COULD have been a pro ball player, though not one he knew of. Hell...from the looks of them...they COULD have been twins, as close as they looked like one another. But the one thing he was absolutely CERTAIN of...they were both as nervous as two beautiful people approaching a hangman's gallows.

It had been a couple years since Kayla and Sean had been at this Ruth's Chris restaurant. The last time had been on one of their impromptu "date nights" when the kids had been otherwise occupied and they had the house to themselves. Two successful doctors with mismatching schedules barely found alone time anymore. This had been one of their compromises. Fortunately, it had been a while and the maitre d' did not recognize them. Yet he graciously welcomed them, grabbed two menus and escorted them into the interior of the place after relaying that their party was already seated and awaiting their arrival. The siblings followed the man closely, the wonderful aroma of seared meats, mixed vegetables, and a low din of a multitude of conversations beckoned the duo to the back of the establishment. Arriving at the back anti room, the maitre d' led them to a set of doors sectioned off from the rest of the restaurant.