House Ravenin - The Folded Path

Story Info
Part 1: Mettakesh.
68.2k words
4.96
6.9k
10

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/15/2023
Created 04/06/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Authors Note: This is a 3-part series with a central theme and reoccurring characters. As such it is suggested to read in numerical order to maintain continuity. This is a story with sex, as opposed to sex with a story. Anticipate deep conversations, intimate connections, and heartfelt moments. All sexual activity is performed by those of age 18+. Please do not copy any of the text for public usage without my permission.

I welcome constructive feedback and comments.

*****

Prelude

There are some things you need to know, first and foremost. They are important, and throughout this telling I will continue to pause and give such updates. The revelation of details in parts such as these are given so that if you haven't figured out what's happening by then, it becomes something that would otherwise cause head-scratching and confusion - something I would very much like to avoid.

That is why I'm doing it this way. This is a collection of perspectives, one that in the spance of near two weeks changed the course of an estate's life. My estate. There are few things that range higher on my priority list then where I live and who I choose to live it with. They are my everything, and as such they receive my utmost attention and abilities.

Another thing you should know is a little about the encompassing world. My estate is surrounded by a collection of estates owned by different houses (families). It became common and authoritative to state ones house with ones name (House Ravenin, House Gour, House Yayin...etc). As such it also became a calling card and a promise, what a family does and is known for quickly becoming common knowledge. This also became a brand, something to tell someone if you wanted to get out of trouble or into it.

Slaves are common property utilized by all who could afford them. It is an unfortunate circumstance that there must be a division between those that have and those that have not. Land gets sold, families get deposed, estates and houses get ravaged by war. In some cases slavery is a negotiating tool, doing one thing for a set amount of years and receive compensation. In other ways it assures freedom, do this task for certain years in atonement for a crime and be released.

The current state is thus: A border skirmish is presently underway between the elves to the west and the humans. It isn't all the elves, though. Only certain castes or factions are causing the disruptions, those unhappy with the encroachment of humans into their 'gods-given' land and upsetting the natural balance of things that has stood for generations. The other part of the elven population is prospering, creating inspiring cities, port towns, and profitable trade with humans. It has only led to further prosperity and fracturing of their people, clearly defining the haves and the have nots.

Other races have done much the same, and as such those that have the foresight prosper and those that do not rebel. The tremulous peace always erupts into skirmishes on our borders. Contests of lands and minerals from ancient times are traded and sold in modern ones, peacefully bargained over without the need for bloodshed. Yet still there those who oppose openly, blood on their hands and fires in their hearts to return to the old time when ranges were wide open and free.

Those that have prosper, and those that have not rebel. That is the current state, as unfortunate as it is.

The border skirmishes do provide plenty of slaves, though. Those captured during skirmishes are are often sold at auction to cover their debt to estate and land, fulfilling their bargain of forced service for crimes and returned home. Slavery takes many forms and service, some willing and not.

This is the story of my house and estate, a testament of hot days and wonderful nights in the midst of skirmishes, deceit, and hopefully providence.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The slave auction in Kadatan was always an experience to visit. The sun was bright and warm overhead, pairing nicely with the cool wind gusting down the wide cobble road between the parallel rows of two story buildings.

The weary-eyed elven slaves, ten of them this time, stood on a wooden stage with a yellow and blue banner hung above it. Although dirty and dressed in thread-bare rags, the slaves didn't look like they had been beaten. Captured and caged were more probable, caught during raids that encroached on lands which had been claimed by the estates then imprisoned in accordance to the law for damages caused. Hot heads, really. Righteous to a point, justified to the same length.

Since there was currently a tenuous treaty with the elves, and slaves were considered commodities while on our lands, they were given a choice: five years of honest service in exchange for freedom to return to their lands, or ten years of forced labor in the mines or fields then returned to their lands. Either way if the commitment was completed a service writ was given, a statement of contract closed and a release from custody. Escaping without a writ meant there were no laws or protections, leading to all manner of atrocities.

The writ was the only true way to leave. The slaves were owned, and property wasn't allowed to be damaged by another. Beatings were common after purchase. Some houses survived solely on disciplined slaved labor, and those houses were also remarked as tasteless. There were better ways, honest in keeping with nobility. Civilized folk should act differently, but that didn't stop the leering or jeering at the slaves on the stage by the common folk below. It was all in good fun, mostly.

"So, which do you have your eye on?" asked Jansen, black hair draping down his back in a straight pony tail and a broad nose that had followed his family line for some time now. "I could use that one." I followed his finger that pointed at a muscular male elf that looked ready to spit nails. "Or that one." A smaller elf male, clearly out of his league and shy, looking like he might have been dragged along during a skirmish rather than engaged in combat on his own accord. "A cup bearer, for sure. Five years would be easy for him."

I nodded in assent. "This stock seems younger than the last one. Something stir their hearts recently?"

"Crissone, the port town east of Whalegon on the north western border, was attacked a few weeks ago. These were the ones involved. Their reason for the attack was due to supposed pollution coming down stream and tainting their water." Jansen grunted, shaking his head. "Now they're here. Crissone will take some time to repair due to the most recent raid. Luckily, we have such a willing work force. Lost cause, found labor."

I knowingly nodded, letting my eyes skim the disheveled elven crew. The stout males stood out. They were tall and regal to a fault, a lean musculature that accompanied strong shoulders, with an impression that they were clearly upset to be up there. A few of the females, smaller and thinner by comparison yet no less athletic, held their chins high even as their feet moved nervously.

Even though elves were notoriously hard to age my guess would have been between late twenties and early thirties for any of them, maybe a shy older with the exception of the boy on the end. No doubt they'd heard tales of how slaves were treated. Certain nobles had reputations, ill-fitting and otherwise. I held a few hopes that mine had gotten around. They would recognize a good deal when they saw one.

I had third pick of the stock so I waited until the first two, Jansen and Thoed, had made their purchases. That left six of the stock to pick from: Two adult males, three adult females, along with a young male.

I pointed at one of the larger adult males and one of the females with a proud chin, waving them to the side as I came up to the stage. The slave handler grabbed their bound hands behind their backs, guiding them to where I was standing.

It was easy to see the elf male, a full head of fiery red hair and piercing eyes of the same make, was a wild stallion. A fighter assuredly, his eyes clear and focused. The elf female, long chestnut hair pinned back and sharp nose with an edge keen enough to cut, had straight-line lips that were pulled tight over a sharp, stiff jaw line. She had amethyst eyes, slightly dilated, but still deep and solid. My guess was a nobility brat, or a guard captain. After I examined her hands it was easy to see they'd never held a sword, however the callouses near the thumb and index finger indicated writing.

A scribe, perhaps? Wonder what drew her to the line of breaking the pact?

"Ejodees?" (Entreaty?) I asked in fluid elvish while turning a hand up, drawing the pairs' eyes to me. "Honest service and release? House Ravenin."

The pair of elves that stood before me raised their eyebrows in tandem, sparing a glance at each other. When they looked back to me they were somewhat subdued, near-reverence in their gaze as they both nodded. So, my name had gotten around then. I was the best of a bad situation and they knew it.

I paid for my purchases then skimmed the rest.

The two other females caught my eye. One was shorter and skinny, a hard bronze tan with short white-blonde hair and white-gold eyes. The taller one was stretched lean and smooth, hard muscle paired with dark violet hair and light purple skin. Night and day, this pair.

I waved them over to the side and offered entreaty. The blonde shook like a leaf in a stiff breeze, eyes wide and dilated while looking nervously around and breathing hard. The violet-haired athlete set her harsh silvery orbs downward just before she spit on me, silver pupils tight like pinpricks. Suddenly the blonde started to cry uncontrollably, shielding her eyes and shaking her head. I nodded to the slave handler and he promptly cudgeled the spitter between the shoulder blades, driving her to her knees. She was nearly eye level with me now, groaning hard from the strike.

"You will break and serve, or you will simply serve. I will ensure it," I whispered in common to the silver-eyed elf, sparing a glance up to the blonde as tears washed her white-gold eyes. "I suppose you have a choice before you as well. You have some time. I'll ask you in a day or so."

I offered the slave handler my coin for the pair. He dragged the violet-haired girl to her feet and off the stage then came back, the smaller elf much easier to guide away as she cried. It was going to be a busy season.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being one of the larger families, House Ravenin held a larger estate plot than most. Terraced, western-facing fields spanned a large swath of the fertile countryside draped in perfect green rolling hills. Molded, high white walls paced the northern and southern boundaries of our land. On the eastern side a granite rock slope had been smoothed and formed into the main driveway up to House Ravenin, a sprawling mansion low to the ground made of white stone, pearl-colored balconies, and black iron railings. Smooth tanned stone was meticulously inlaid along the curved black pathway, paced beautifully with thin rows of exotic flowers.

Evening was well into the black velvet of nightfall when I exited the carriage, watching as the four elven slaves were off-loaded from the flatbed cart behind it. Wordless they obediently followed across the drive, stepping through the double oak front doors inlaid with mosaic glass work.

The main foyer glowed from oil lamp flames tinged from the coffee-colored glass set into small recesses, making the eggshell-colored walls dance with flickering shadows. Curling wide stairwells that could accommodate people six wide arched leisurely to the upper terraces, private offices, and bedrooms. A short staircase downward in the center of them led to the lower levels where common areas such as dining, cooking, and servant quarters existed. All of it was within the confines of thick walls and stained glass, the whole house smelling of vanilla and lavender.

As I entered the main lobby with my four purchases I stopped and turned, giving them a visual once-over. They all needed baths and bedded down for the night, a task easy enough to do. I turned to the red-headed male and chestnut-haired female.

"I think I'm aware of your talents so I will start there," I said, looking up to the fiery-haired male. "I assume you are handy with a weapon. Would you prefer to defend fields from predators with honor or serve in my modest mine?"

The male thought for a moment then nodded, making the hand symbol for defend. I nodded in return. "Tonight you will be given room to bathe and rest, then tomorrow you will dress in the leathers you are given and after breakfast paired with a cudgel. Serve me well and you will be released in accordance with our agreement."

The elf male nodded and was led away by house guards as I turned to the amethyst-eyed female. Her sleepy gaze still held something unflinching inside it that was solid like the sea on a moonless night.

"A scribe, unless I miss my guess? Educated?" I asked, the female nodding at my words and rubbing her fingers together. "I see, coin changer. If you would honor me I have need of a secretary, one who makes lists, examines documents, and deciphers languages. How many are you fluent in?"

She lifted three fingers and swept them to her, me, then an elaborately flourished symbol across her chest. I smirked in surprise, a rare language added to the pair.

"Milakzai, you say?" I asked, and when she nodded her heavy eyelids dropped only a fraction. "Impressive. Would you serve as scribe and translator for your duration? It would do me great honor."

She nodded and I continued. "A room and bath will be offered to you for the duration of your stay. Garb keeping with your station and heritage will be made accessible to you, along with proper equipment. Serve me well and you will be released in accordance with our agreement."

She slowly nodded again then was led away as well, leaving me to turn my attention toward the violet-haired spitter. She was breathing hard and had a very unhappy look on her face, silver eyes with pupils still pin-pricked and fierce. She set me with a knowing hard look, filled with entitlement and no doubt looking for the same deal as the other two. Her breaking would start now.

"Take her to the east tower and wash her forcefully if she will not do it herself," I commanded, leaning in close and looking her dead in her beautiful silver orbs as I let my voice drop a few octaves. "Mettakesh."

Her silver eyes snapped open at the word and she instantly tried to bolt. She made it only a few steps before guards grabbed and drug her scrabbling body across the smooth stone floor. Fluent, angry elvish left her lips, the woman furious and head-strong as guards fought her every step of the way. Her echo faded as she was guided up the stairs and away from the main house, doors slamming shortly after and slowly bringing the house back to silence.

I turned toward the remaining elf female, alone and trembling in the eerily pitched quiet. A thick wave of white-blonde hair hung right above her white-gold eyes, deeply tanned skin with high cheekbones prominent beneath the dirt and grime. I lifted her chin up so I could look at her, pupils wide and frightful.

"Take her up to my chamber. Offer her bath, food, and night clothing. I will be along shortly," I said to my guards, eyes still firmly on deep white-gold before me. "Behave and listen to what they say."

The elf girl nodded tentatively and was led away without a sound.

When she was out of earshot I turned and nodded to one of my servants. "Please prepare a hot bath for me in one of the guest rooms. Give her time to herself."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After bathing I draped myself in a dark silk robe and ventured to the east tower. Across the open air bridge between it and the main estate, the tower was a modest square building capped at three stories high of white stone. There were two windows high up on the third floor with a gated and keyed door at the base near the end of the walkway.

Two guards stood outside as I approached. They nodded and unlocked the gate and the door, letting me pass through before relocking it behind me. I escorted myself up the wide wooden stair to the top of the tower as low flames danced in their glass lanterns, stepping up through a floor-mounted trap door to the tune of chains rattling nearby.

The elf woman was there in the center of the room, standing in a restrained position. Purple-skinned hands were mounted in chains above her spread by an iron cross bar, legs spread and pinned to the floor by braces. She had been washed, though by the look in her wet cat silver eyes it had not been pleasant. She had a tight white cloth wrapped around her waist and a half shirt of white that stretched to the bottom of her ribs.

She wasn't happy, but I didn't care. I closed the trapdoor, threw the bar over it, then approached her stopping a short distance away.

"I will explain this only once, and offer only once," I said with mild authority. I wasn't sure if she understood, but her eyes told me how little she worried about what I had to say. "You have chosen the difficult road of this agreement, and I want you to know I will honor it. Your choice, though, will unfortunately lead to some degradation of character. I cannot allow you to roam free in your current state, that being of despondent defiance, aggravated disagreement, and blatant disrespect."

Silver eyes narrowed as the elf woman rolled her mouth to spit, preparing to punctuate my assumptions before I quickly held up a hand. "You might want to swallow that and listen, because everything else hinges on it."

She took a moment, a hard slow moment set with a gaze that could have baked eggs from its heat, before reluctantly swallowing. It was a sign that she did understand.

"Good. Now, here's where we stand," I mentioned, starting to pace a small circle in the floor in front of her. "I find beatings to be distasteful, torture a means to an end not served. Starvation is easy. I just leave you here until your docile, long thoughts and heat to do my job for me. I'll let you choose which way this goes. I'll be back tomorrow morning."

The elf woman gave me a crass look, like the declaration I'd just given hadn't come out of my mouth. When the realization hit her that I was serious she growled and spit in a furious hiss, railing and jerking against her tight bindings while expending a grand amount of effort as she cried out in anger.

Having nothing to show for her strenuous exertions after a few minutes, the bindings ungiving and resolute to hold her, I nodded. "I'll give you some time to decide. Sleep well."

I left promptly after that, abandoning her to hang there and scream.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I entered the foyer of my master chamber there was a scent of honey and vanilla in the air. I removed my shoes and entered the enjoining room between the master bedroom and the bathroom, finding the white-blonde elf primly sitting at the vanity.

As I padded closer she turned on the stool and slowly rose before bowing lightly. Her white-blonde hair had been cleaned and combed off to the left side, glowing like fresh silk. Tan skin now washed and softened, creating a radiant aura of health surrounding her.

She had on a long, sleeveless gown that looked like it was made of golden sand, two wide straps going up around her neck to bind in the back exposing small shoulders, a graceful neck, thin arms, and curvy back. The gown nearly reached to her knees, a pair of shorts the same make as the gown beneath it. When she shifted slightly in the lamp light the gown became almost translucent, highlighting the intimate curves of her petite body beneath.