How I Came to be Me Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dinner was delicious, as usual. We moved to a third table with a new waiter. He was just as funny as the last, keeping us laughing along with filling wine glasses at every opportunity.

We ended the night watching a comic in the main room. Not really to my taste, he focused on elder people jokes. Mom and Tam thought he wasn't that funny either. The rest of the crowd enjoyed him.

Day three, we had an all-day tour of the Normandy beaches. There was a wreath-laying ceremony for our trip to Omaha Beach. The entire day was heartbreaking, seeing all the grave markers, what was left of gun emplacements, viewing short films of the daunting task of wading ashore with bombs bursting around and bullets whizzing by killing people you thought of as friends. We couldn't have imagined the courage it took to attack from the ocean to free France and Europe. The three of us found a new respect for men and women who fought at Normandy and Europe during world war two.

On the road back and when we returned to the ship, we weren't our usual bubbly selves. The tour made us think about how lucky we were.

Tam and mom went to their room until dinner. My melancholy was amplified by not having Tam around. I was missing her already. I made sure my door was securely locked, undressed, then laid on my bed, fingering myself to a sweet little orgasm thinking of my former lover. I lay there, panting, regaining my breath, and soon fell asleep.

I was rudely awakened by pounding on my door. It was Tam; she'd given me my door card back since she was with mom now. I looked at the clock as I jumped out of my bed, still naked from my playing.

"Crap, Tam, I took a nap, and you just woke me," I told her through the door.

I could hear her laughing.

"It's not funny!"

"Oh, yes, it is. We'll be out on the deck, come up when you've cleaned up."

"Fine! See you two in a bit."

I could hear her and mom walk down the passageway giggling at my predicament. It took me about fifteen minutes to get washed and dressed. I met them up on deck after seeing what was on the menu for dinner. They were locked arm in arm softly talking to each other. I was jealous, but I remembered I had to let it go. I took a deep breath then slipped my arm in mom's to join them. We stayed out there for about twenty minutes, talking about the day and what was in store for tomorrow.

We went down to dinner sitting where we had the previous night. Our waiter was the same guy, making jokes and keeping our glasses full. When dinner was over, we strolled the top deck for a bit, not wanting to see the evening's entertainment.

I went back to my cabin before mom and Tam went to theirs. I could tell I was starting to get in a funk, and I had to figure out a way out. I decided to get up early and hit the gym. A good sweat would help take my mind off my problems.

I got up about five-thirty. The gym is open for use at six, and breakfast starts at seven. I went to the parlor, or whatever it's called it where the general meeting and entertainment occurred. There's always fresh coffee, so I grabbed a cup. I stood watching the lights of rural France stream by us through the wall of plate glass windows.

When I finished my coffee, I placed the dirty cup back by the machine, greeting one of our female servers in the process. She smiled, telling me 'Good Morning' in her thick Eastern European accent. The uniform she was wearing didn't compliment her body. However, I did notice her somewhat larger breasts through her shirt and tie. She was one of the drink servers we'd seen during our meals. Her long brunette hair, dark brown eyes, and the cutest dimples when she smiled, made her stand out from the rest of the female members of the crew.

We started talking as she checked the coffee maker and tidied up around it. I decided to try my flirting, complimenting her and asking her questions, trying to get to know her. She seemed to enjoy the attention as I took my baby steps in seduction. I kept it up, watching her blush and fidget as I got a bit more personal with her. Nothing overtly sexual, but hints that I thought she was lovely. She began returning the compliments as we stood idly chatting away. Unfortunately, one of the male stewards showed up, and she got back to work.

I left her a tiny bit flush and, hopefully, feeling better about herself than when we met. I was feeling good about my first solo flirtation with a stranger. I doubted she was allowed to mingle with the guests, which could get her reprimanded or worse. I wasn't going to continue my flirting unless she followed up with me.

I did my workout in the tiny gym, feeling very good about myself. I met mom and Tam after showering and changing. My flirtation did get a response from Magda. She fluttered around our table more than any other. That gave me a lovely feeling between my legs as she smiled, refreshing our breakfast drinks, making sure we were happy. Tam noticed the extra attention and gave me a questioning look. I smiled at her deciding to tell her when mom wasn't around.

Our morning tour today was on a bike in the city of Rouen. After breakfast, we adjourned to our cabins to dress for our bike tour. I was almost ready when I heard a knock on the door. It was mom and Tam waiting to escort me up on deck. We watched as the crew unloaded and prepped the bikes until our cruise director made all the announcements regarding our day ashore. We listened until she said it was time to mount up on our bicycles before joining a few other hardy passengers. We went about selecting bikes and helmets, testing their little handlebar bells while laughing and teasing each other. We paid attention as our tour leader explained the rules of the road, making sure we all understood. As we were listening, Tam and I noticed Magda. She was nicely dressed as she walked past us, smiling as she did. We both smiled back, each with a head nod. I whispered to Tam when mom was getting her seat height adjusted that I'd flirted with her before hitting the gym. Tam smiled, telling me that I was on the right path, and I'd made an impression.

When our lecture was over, we mounted up. All fifteen of us had the same idea; try out the bike to see how it fits. Luckily as we all rode up and down the quay wall, nobody collided. I'm sure the crew watching had a good laugh as we swerved and weaved our way around each other. When we'd had enough of that, our leader motioned for us to depart, and like ducklings, we all followed momma duck.

The tour wound through the streets of Rouen, we'd stop and talk about how old buildings were, what they used to make them with, fires that destroyed things, invaders, and other assorted tidbits of history.

We saw the Notre Dame Cathedral, the square where Joan of Arc was martyred, as well as the Medieval Quarter and The Great Clock. It was a fascinating tour. I mapped a few shops I wanted to go back to after we put the bikes away and ate lunch. I did see Magda again on board smiling and fussing over us as we ate. It was a nice feeling for me. Tam grinned at me whenever Magda would stop by focusing on me first. I admit I got all warm and yummy inside when she did.

After lunch, Tam went with me back to the shops I'd located. Mom was worn out from biking. She stayed on board to relax and read. Tam and I gossiped and giggled the entire time we were shopping. I teased her about lingerie shops, and of course, she teased back. I was a walking mess. It felt good to be with her again, even if it wasn't in bed.

The evening was relatively quiet. We had a marvelous dinner with my little bird Magda fluttering about us the entire time.

Our next stop was Vernon, where we visited Giverny and Monet's house and garden. It was breathtaking with all the gardens and artwork. We took our time strolling the property, talking about all the fun things we'd done on the cruise. I was thankful. Mom was getting stronger each day. I was beginning to feel like mom was mellowing or something. She was very different from Tam around. More friendly and laid back. When we'd done cruises before, she was always barking orders at me, planning our day, and just being a bitch. At times I wondered why I went with her. But, with Tam around, it was like night and day. I was beginning to see mom in a different light.

Back on our ship, I kept flirting with Magda, it made me feel good, and she seemed to enjoy it. I got up each day after and made sure I was at the coffee bar before heading to the gym for some private flirtations with her. She returned my gestures with her own, which sometimes made me blush. Then I'd bounce back with one of my own, and she'd blush. Our times together were short. There always seemed to be some other person interrupting us. We both knew she couldn't do anything, which made it all the more fun.

Our last stop was Auberge Ravoux in the heart of Auvers-Sur-Oise, the last home of artist Vincent van Gogh. It was a brief tour which wasn't as interesting or as scenic as Giverny. If I could go back, I'd spend more time in Rouen and Giverny. Maybe someday on my own.

Our final stop was returning to Paris. We stayed at the same hotel, the same rooms. Unfortunately, this time it was uneventful. I pondered what happened here and on the cruise while watching the tower our last night in Paris. It had been an eventful week. I knew my time with Tam before and during the voyage had changed me. I felt it was for the better, and I intended to remain the confident, independent woman I'd become. Time would tell if that would happen.

12