Howl at the Moon Cian's Story Ch. 02

Story Info
Cian visits Wren's home!
3.8k words
4.43
3.5k
1

Part 2 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 06/25/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

(So this is a trigger warning. The next few chapters will contain domestic violence. My stories try to emulate real life. If you think you suffer from domestic violence please seek help in your retrospective communities. So trigger warning?)

--------------------------------------------

Cian knew that Wren had her job at the school and K-mart in the morning. For the first time in a long time he was impatient. He was on the verge of losing control of his wolf. That hadn't happened since the pack had left Ireland. The next afternoon couldn't come soon enough, since Cian no longer had pack business to conduct, he took his Ford F-150 over to Nice N Eazy Trailer park.

It was a long drive from his country home and on the wrong side of town. There were potholes in the dirt road and a general rundown appearance. Double wides with broken windows were scattered around the trailer park. Wren didn't deserve to live here, no one really did. To Cian's surprise despite the chilly weather, there was a man on the porch drinking beer and smoking a joint. He was 1/2 way through a six pack and butts lay scattered about him. He was unwashed and seemed to pose no agreeable features.

"Nice truck you got buddy....need something? Weed..guns..something stronger? Lots of rich people like yourself come out from the city for stuff. I usually can provide, or at least I know where to get it." questioned the man as he winked. With his wolf senses, Cian noticed that the man smelled like Wren and three other women.

"Oh, Wren and I had a nice dinner last night. She left her scarf at my place. News said we'll be getting a huge blizzard on Wednesday. There's going to be lots of snow, bitter cold and lots of wind so I thought I'd bring it to her. She's a beautiful lady. We wouldn't want her getting sick wouldn't we?" stated Cian to the man.

"That's sounds a lot like Wren...going out to some expensive dinner with you and wasting all MY hard earned money. That woman is never here to cook dinner for me. What a lazy and ungrateful cow! Ya know I'm out on the road all week, truckin...all I want is a clean house and a hot dinner when I get home...like every real man expects from his wife. I'm sure a tough guy like you knows what I'm talkin about. You probably keep your woman in line. But, Wren is never here for me! Plus we used to get it on all the time. Now she's always working and too tired to get it on. Isn't that typical of women? I'm a man. I have needs." pouted Layton, his voice was full of contempt. He spat and a gob of yellow spittle landed on the porch.

Cian was starting to detest this man even more. He already knew that Layton physically assaulted Wren. But, hearing him verbally assault his wife to a complete stranger made Cian think still less of him. Cian wanted to do something for this tough woman. A woman like Wren deserved to be treated like a queen.

Wren reminded Cian of his mother. He hadn't thought of his mother in years. She'd been a tough lady putting up with all his father's crap till the end. Cian was certain Wren was like his Mom, despite her complex situation, Wren was determined to survive and endure. Cian knew she deserved better than that. He was determined to give it to her.

"Uhmm...I'll just wait for her to get back so I can give it to her. We never really finished what we were talking about last night. She's a really interesting woman. Caring, you know?" stated Cian. Surely, Layton would say something kind about his wife?

"Whatever dude...she does what she does...ya know? She should be home soon...the woman usually stops by to have a quick dinner with me before she heads to Pizza Hut. It's not fooling around but it's something you know. " stated Layton bitterly.

Cian went to sit in his truck. He was worried that he would lose hold of his wolf if he stayed around Layton any longer. He watched Layton microwave some pizza rolls and grab another beer. Layton did nothing to clean the house. There were dirty dishes that needed to be washed but Layton left them in the sink.

Layton sat on his porch, drinking and smoking, waiting for Wren to come home. There were no more pizza rolls for Wren to have. There seemed to be nothing for Wren at this dilapidated house. Cian couldn't help but wonder why she stayed.

Layton's cellphone rang. "Lexi baby, so glad to hear from you boo boo. I'm stuck down here with the wife...you know she can be SUCH a bitch--honey do this, honey do that...I'm always out truckin and workin hard...I can't be here doing things. But, I'm missing you and wish I was back with you. I ought to be hauling a load up to Bozeman in a couple of days. You be a bad girl now and sneak away from the hubby for a few hours, meet me in my cab and we can voulez vous...if you know what I mean. So see ya in a couple days, boo boo."

Layton must have noticed Cian's glare of disapproval. "Tinder friend up in Bozeman...she can suck the Chrome right off my truck...if ya know what I mean. She just loves riddin my BIG long haul. I can see a dude like you knows what I'm talkin about. Got lots of Tinder friends on my route and all the chickies love riddin my long haul.." Layton took another swig of his beer and tossed the empty bottle in the front yard. Where it shattered.

Cian said nothing, he sat in his truck wondering when Wren would get home. He didn't know what Tinder was but understood that Layton was cheating on his wife with Lexi and other loose women. Cian couldn't understand it. True mates never cheated on one another. If this man had one ounce of self respect he would treat Wren, like the hardworking goddess she was.

Cian supposed it was out of the duty that Wren had spoken to him about last night. He admired her for that. Wren had resilience and did what had to be done. He also had done that with his pack. Cian was sure they'd leave Finn any day now and come crawling back. But, he'd been telling himself that for nearly a year. If Cian was totally honest with himself he missed them.

Cian had been an Alpha for centuries since the pack had first come over from Ireland. He knew that ancient wolf laws were there for a reason, due to them werewolves survived. To be a good Alpha, you put the pack before yourself. It was what Cian believed. It was what he adhered to. It was because of his sacrifices that his pack had survived and prospered. Cian had always put his pack first. The younger wolves, like Finn, might not understand self sacrifice but he did. Pack first, yourself last...even if you suffered because of it. It wasn't easy being an Alpha.

Still a small part of Cian questioned why the Cosmos, after all this time, couldn't let him have something of his own. Cian didn't want anything big of course. He just wanted something unique that he could hold on to--Cian wanted a salve for his lonesomeness. All these years he'd sacrificed so much and worked so hard...after all this time Cian believed he deserved something that was his. The universe owed him that.

While waiting for Wren, Cian sat in his truck waiting until the sunset and a light snow squall blew in. It was a prequel to the big storm that was coming. He watched as Wren pulled up in a battered Corolla. She had bags of groceries. Her old coat was frayed, unbuttoned and askew. Wren had no hat. "Just here for a cup of coffee and a quick sandwich." Wren called out to Layton. Layton just nodded, took another swig of beer tightened his own coat but made no effort to help Wren with all the bags

Cian had been mesmerized by seeing Wren's long coffee colored hair floating free in the wind. But, always the gentleman, Cian got out of his truck, grabbed a few of the grocery bags and walked into the double wide. He was still apprehensive of the situation which he found himself in. Was it proper to be here? Did humans still do this kind of thing? He saw Wren wolfing down cold leftover spaghetti. He supposed it was a quick supper. She looked up.

"Oh...hi.. Cian.do you need something? I gotta be at work in like five minutes. I'm already late. Honestly, tell you the truth, it's almost not worth going in with this bad storm on its way. Nobody will be coming in. No tips you know. Not that anybody in this rotten town ever gives 1/2 way decent tips. I'm thinking about quitting my Pizza Hut job but then where would I work? Somebody's got to bring in the money." Wren shrugged, gave out a bitter laugh and made herself some instant coffee to go.

Cian watched as Wren quickly made her way to the sink and loaded a few stray plates into the dishwasher. She slammed the dishwasher door shut and ran it. Cian knew this woman was nothing if not efficient.

"Well, Wren...I came to bring your scarf back. It's going to get colder and I wouldn't want you to get sick. But, I have another reason for being here. I was hoping you'd come and work with me out at The Wolves' Den. Lots of my help has just moved away. They say they're looking for better opportunities but I'm sure it's just a temporary thing. They'll come home with their tails between their legs soon enough."

"In the meanwhile I could use someone to waitress and clean. My bar isn't that popular or anything. It's also out of the way. But, I'd need you there 8 hours plus a day. You'd have to quit all your other jobs and drive all the way out there. but I'd pay you $40 an hour. Plus tips and reimburse you for gas. So whadda think?" questioned Cian.

Of course, it was a complete lie on Cian's behalf. Cian didn't like lying. It was ungentlemanly and beneath him as an Alpha. Cian had been maintaining The Wolves' Den for nearly a year. He could continue to do it. Cian just wanted to be near Wren. He'd only known her for a day and already she meant more to him that anything else in all his existence. Having Wren work at The Wolves' Den was the only way Cian could think of to be with her. He was prepared to pay any amount or do anything to be with Wren.

As Cian asked Wren to work with him, he was of two minds. "Please say yes. I want to be with you. I want to love you and treat you the way you deserve to be treated. I want to give you the world and take you away from this desolation. I want you to be mine and mine alone. I want you to belong to me body and soul. Say yes, Wren. Please say yes."

Another part of him thought "Please say no Wren, please say no. Say no and I'll go away and live in the wilderness forever and be a lone wolf...or at least try. I know that you need to live your own life. You're married. You have a husband. It's crazy and wrong for me to be here. You have responsibilities and a modern life with newfangled ideas. I'm an Alpha. I have a code and ancient laws to adhere to. I'm a werewolf. That alone is enough to send you screaming away from me. You couldn't begin to understand the mystical world and all its secrets. Your modern life conflicts with what I am. I'm a supernatural creature and I feel that I haven't had a place here since iron roads and machines that breathe smoke have changed everything that I know. Some nights I can't hear the earth's words any more. I'm too old for you, magic is draining from this world... Say no, Wren, say no." Thought half of Cian.

The front door slammed open, and chilly air came through. "Look asshole, I don't know who the hell you think you are. You can't just come into MY house and start hitting on MY wife. She doesn't want your lousy job. She likes the ones she has. She's happy at the places she works. We've had enough of you. I can't have her working with you at some rundown bar. NOW GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE."

Layton was irate. His wife worked hard at her jobs and she never complained. It was enough to pay the rent and get him some video games. He was happy with their current situation. Everything was perfect. So why would she want a new job?

"Hun..."began Wren.

"Shut up Wren, you STUPID cow, this is MY house." stated Layton. He smacked Wren right then and there. The force of Layton's slap sent Wren spiraling to the floor. Layton didn't seem to care that Cian was watching. It was all Cian could do not to morph and rip his throat out. His father had beaten his mother like that when he was a child, a pup and powerless to stop it. No woman deserved to be treated that way, especially a hardworking lady like Wren. Still Cian steadied his inner wolf, he couldn't let Wren see her husband shredded to bits. No matter how much Layton deserved it.

"Wren, get your things...you're coming with me. You're not going to work tonight." stated Cian firmly as he pulled her up. Wren just nodded, grabbed her coat and followed Cian out to his truck. The two of them sat in apprehensive silence as Cian drove them back to his bar. Cian got out of the truck. He went into the bar. It was cold. Cian needed to see what Wren did now. His wolf wanted nothing more than to protect her. It had failed to protect his mother and now it was failing to protect Wren. Cian's human side told him Wren was a free modern woman. Finn's woman took care of herself, she'd bitch-slapped him. Wren wasn't Maggie. Wren was kinder and gentler than Maggie. She was a little bird who needed his protection. Cian needed to see what Wren would do.

After a few minutes of sitting alone in the cold car, Wren came into the bar. She hung up her coat. Her thin arms were coated in both yellow, black and blue bruises. Wren wiped tears off her eyes. She hid her face from Cian, so he wouldn't see the trail of her tears.

"Layton doesn't mean it you know...he really loves me. He just has a hard time showing it...Layton is a really nice guy. If you got to know him you'd see. You just don't know him like I know him. Plus he's had a hard time on the road these past few weeks with winter and all. He's a good guy." Wren repeated softly as she hugged herself.

Cian didn't have anything to say. He had heard his mother make the same excuses long ago for his asswipe of a father. His mother had defended his father until he had killed her. Cian had been too young to do anything about it until it was too late.

"I'm making coffee...all I have is instant. You should have some. It'll warm you up." Cian's offer of coffee was his way of making peace. There were no words for what Cian had observed between the couple that night. Despite the fact that Wren hadn't said yes, Cian set a cup in front of her. It was heavy with cream and sugar.

Wren uttered a small "thank you" and took a sip. "This is very good. It's been a long time since anyone has been this good to me. It means alot Cian." She took his hand in his and massaged the knuckles. "You have strong working hands. They're very firm. You're always taking care of this place...who takes care of you?" questioned Wren. She'd been taking care of people all her life.

Cian shrugged lackadaisically. He didn't want to burden Wren with his troubles. She already had enough of her own. "Oh you know...I mostly get on by myself. I have my bar and the land that I work around here. So I take care of myself. It does get lonely though, especially now that my pac...I mean err family is gone."

"Hard to be without family it can get lonely...I miss mine up in Saskatchewan but I married Layton. So here I am, in Wyoming you know. Speaking of Layton, this has been great but I should be getting home to him. I'll be alright. He didn't mean it." said Wren trepidatiously as she hugged herself again and fetched her worn-out coat.

"Wren, I really think you should stay here for a while. I'm glad to have you as my guest. You should let Layton cool off and survive on his own. Layton can deal with things. He's an adult. He'll be alright." stated Cian. Both his human side and wolf felt that it was his duty to protect this woman. He was an Alpha and it was his job to look after vulnerable ladies like Wren.

"Please take me home, Cian. You don't know Layton like I know him..he can be really kind.. He'll have calmed down. We'll be fine you know...we're married. We love each other." stated Wren meekly as she played with her hands. Wren wouldn't meet Cian's face. She liked Cian, he was strong and protective. Not to mention charming. Cian was everything she'd hoped Layton would be when she married him. But, she couldn't tell Cian all the troubles of her marriage. He was almost a stranger

Cian wanted to say no. He wanted to force Wren to stay at his bar with him. That way he could protect Wren. No one would ever be allowed to hurt her again. She would be safe with him. He'd make sure of that. But, Wren was a modern woman and if Wren wanted to go home to her husband, there was nothing he could do about it. Wren was firm in her resolve to go back to Layton. So Cian loaded her up in his truck and took her all the way back to the Nice N Eazy trailer park.

He followed Wren into their double-wide just to make sure she was alright. There she found Layton passed out in a pool of his own vomit. He smelled of sour whiskey and had a cut on his forehead. Dried blood was on his face.

Wren just sighed to herself in frustration. "See Cian, this is what happens when I leave him. He can't take care of himself. He'd kill himself one way or the other if not for me. Do me a favor and get me a cool washcloth from the bathroom."

Cian reluctantly did as Wren bid. He didn't want to be helping this asswipe. He watched as Wren made soft noises, gently washed Layton off and helped him to bed. He couldn't believe she was so kind and forgiving after the way Layton treated her.

Asswipes like Layton didn't deserve treatment like this! If Layton had been in his bar, Cian would have cast him into the storm. As Cian watched Wren take care of her abuser, part of him felt ashamed of the way he had treated Finn and Theo. They weren't bad kids. They were just trying to get out there and live their lives. He was their Alpha and he should have treated them with patience. It was a virtue after all. One, of many, that Wren emulated.

Cian watched Wren give a little sigh as she cleaned up Layton's vomit. This woman endured her tormentor. Cian regretted that he hadn't given the younger pack members a bit more freedom. He should have let them explore the modern world. It was strange to him but they were younger, like he'd been once, and deserved to explore it. Wren came back into the kitchen. She had circles under her eyes and she looked weary.

"So I'll start at your bar on Monday then?" Wren questioned.

"Layton, will let you?" exclaimed Cian in disbelief. Could Layton have done something kind for his true mate?

Wren let out a deep sigh tinged with regret. " Well, what Layton doesn't know won't kill him. Besides, you're paying well and we sorta need the money. It's not like we're poor or anything...it's just been hard making ends meet lately." Wren trailed off not knowing what else to say. Cian seemed to have means. But, she was just an average woman and if she was honest just an average employee. What could she give him and what did he want from her?

Cian knew Wren was embarrassed. He also knew there was no shame in being poor. His pack had been poor when they'd first come to Wyoming all those years ago. If they hadn't been wolves who were able to hunt for their own food on Wyoming's prairies. They'd have starved to death.

"Honey? Coffee please?" came Layton's weak voice from the bedroom. Cian could hear him hurling again.

Tiredly, Wren got to her feet and went to make Layton his coffee. Cian just looked as the tiny woman complied with her abusers demands. She deserved so much more than this. He wanted to give it to her too. Sadly it was getting late, Cian knew it was time for him to go. Wren had responsibilities to attend to. Cian could see that Wren was determined to keep keeping on. That was what Cian had to let her do. Regrettably, for now he had no other choice.

"Monday." he said. Cian got in his pick-up and drove away. Trusting his wolf senses, Cian had no intention of leaving Wren alone with Layton. Cian drove his truck and waited until Wren's trailer was out of sight. Then he pulled his truck over. Cian morphed into his wolf. He was determined to take care of his love.

12