I Don't Text

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We walked to the parking lot and found we were parked just a few rows apart. I got in and waited for Dick to pull in behind me. When I looked in my rearview mirror I felt warm with the anticipation of spending time with him. The day had so far gone so much better than I thought it would.

We pulled out onto the street and in twenty minutes I pulled into the parking space at my apartment. Dick pulled in next to me. I was surprised when he got out and opened the door for me to get into his car. Wow! A gentleman. I hadn't been treated like this for what seemed forever. I didn't get the sense he was trying to impress me, but it did. I didn't mind being treated like a lady.

He certainly didn't treat me like this while we had worked in the field together or at the annual field training. He treated me as an equal and with respect while at work. Not all the guys did. The thought occurred to me I had known him, or at least knew of him, for over two years now. Now my plan to actually spend time with him socially had worked out. What if he turned out to be a dud? All-flash and no substance. I had been there more than once. You would think at almost twenty-five I would be able to avoid that kind of man—but Dick was something of an unknown. A good looking man his age not tied down already? It did seem a bit odd.

We arrived at the restaurant and Dick immediately got out to open the car door for me. I was about ready to let myself out, but when I saw his intent I decided to stay put. If he wanted to be a gentleman I was going to let him. It had started to rain on the way to the restaurant and I was surprised as he opened an umbrella as he crossed in front of the car. When he opened the door he held the umbrella over me as I got out and I was pleased to take his arm as we huddled beneath it as we walked. Now, if he wasn't trying to impress me he had failed completely.

We were eating and having a good time conversing while watching the rain fall steadily outside the window. We were just about finished eating when he asked me if I wanted to go to a basketball game this evening. I was almost bowled over. I loved basketball, especially college ball. I looked at him with a huge smile.

"Yes. There's a game tonight at State. But, I know for sure tickets are sold out. I was too late in making up my mind and missed my chance at tickets. So where do you want to go, a high school game?" I replied willing to take whatever he offered, after all it was a Friday night.

He reached into his shirt pocket, pulled out two pieces of paper and handed them to me. I looked at them and my eyes went wide. They were tickets for the game- Michigan State vs. Wisconsin. I handed them back with a wide smile. Now, I'm not usually a suspicious person, but something about tonight was not adding up. Something was just a little fishy.

"Dick, did you know I liked basketball?"

"Yes as a matter of fact, I did."

"I never told you I did. How did you know?"

He grew a broad smile. "Not everyone likes to follow my texting rules."

Before I could say anything more he suggested we get going so we would arrive at the Breslin Center in plenty of time. It would take longer to get from the parking lot to the center in the rain if the parking ramp were full. He got me back into the car with hardly a drop of rain hitting me. This was turning out to be quite a day of surprises. He got into the car and looked at me.

"By the way, we're meeting Dennis and Jane at the game."

Now, I knew—Jane! It had been Jane! She told him about where I lived and that I liked basketball. She hadn't stuck to the texting plan. Not that I had made her promise too.

"You mean you and Jane have been talking on the phone all week?" I asked incredulously.

"Yes."

I was beginning to think Jane had been ahead of me almost from day one. Not only had she managed to ask pertinent questions of Dick, but she had decided I needed help. I hated to agree she was right—but it was hard to ignore the fact I had a date with Dick tonight was because of her efforts. At least it seemed that way. Then it struck me—Dick wanted a date with me!

I huddled under the umbrella, my arm in Dick's as the rain came down steadily. I was glad it was still warm out as my long-sleeved blouse would offer little protection if it got colder. Dick presented our tickets and we found our seats within minutes. We had been sitting down for no more than ten minutes when my phone chimed. It was a text from Jane telling me she would be there in about five minutes. She and Dick had obviously coordinated things pretty well, I guess maybe Dennis too.

It was still half an hour before tip-off. I was really excited as the seats were in section 110 of the lower tier near mid-court. The best seats I had ever sat in over all the years I had attended games. I was so excited. It must have shown as Dick grinned at me as I kept turning around and standing up, then sitting down, looking around trying to see Jane and Dennis walk in.

I wasn't paying attention to Dick at the time and when my phone chimed announcing I had another text message I expected it to be from Jane. I read it, turned, and smiled at Dick a little red faced. Then reached over, and shoved him playfully, telling him he should be looking at other things. The text read [You have a very nice behind.].

He looked at me with a mischievous smile. "Oh, I don't think so."

His words made me feel good. He was paying attention to me in such a manly way. The difference was he had the confidence to tell me he was. I sat down and reached for his hand, which he took without hesitation. My hand looked so small in his and yet he held it gently. I hadn't expected his touch would send electricity shooting through my body the way it did again. After all, why should it? I was simply holding his hand. Then I realized how much it was affecting me.

I wanted so much to kiss him full on the lips right there in front of everyone. Instead, I sat down in my seat and looked into his eyes. His eyes were tender, with a quality that sent warmth deep inside me. His thumb caressed the top of my hand, my body soaked up the pleasure as if it were a magic love potion. I could hardly stand what it was doing to me. I felt wonderful, warmed by his gentle affection. I had initiated it, yet I was getting so much more than I expected. There, in the middle of thousands of people, I was getting turned on by his touch. I knew then I was reacting to him as I never had to a man before. A man I hardly knew just over a week ago except for brief glances and while working in the field with others around. He had a hold on me, it was unmistakable. I didn't feel entirely in control, but didn't care.

I heard my name being called and looked up to see Jane sitting down in the seat next to me, Dennis sat down on the other side of her. I said hello to Dennis, then turned my attention to Jane as I heard Dennis and Dick greet each other. I leaned over to Jane's ear.

"So you set all of this up. I should have known."

She smiled. "Okay. So, I got impatient for something to happen. Emily, after my first conversation with him I knew he was interested in you. I mean really interested. I was waiting for you to ask him some really probing questions about if he wanted to date you or if he liked certain activities. You didn't. So after the second day, I called him. It just went on from there."

The game started and we directed our attention to the floor. The teams traded baskets all through the first quarter, staying within four points of one another. It made for an exciting, but an anxious game. The same situation continued through the second quarter with Wisconsin going into halftime with a four-point lead. Jane and I got up to use the restroom, leaving the guys behind. On the way, Jane looked at me with a wide smile.

"Okay, I have to confess something to you before we go any further. I asked Dick to set me up with Dennis so we would have something like a double-date. I saw Dennis a few weeks ago and we talked for a while and I wanted to meet him again."

"What!" I laughed, "You're really getting some mileage out of this aren't you?"

"Hey! Who says I can't help you out and myself at the same time. So, how's it going?"

I'm in trouble." He's fantastic. Dinner was wonderful and I learned so much more about him. He's a gentleman, at least so far. Jane, every time he touches me I feel all giddy inside. It's like I was a young schoolgirl with my first crush. That's why I'm in trouble. I just want to hug and kiss him to pieces. Well...actually more than that."

"Well then. I guess you're going to owe me big time."

We got back to our seats and found the guys were talking to one another. Dennis moved back to his seat where he and Jane began talking. I looked at Dick and planted a kiss on his cheek. There was a surprised expression on his face as I sat down. He reached for my hand as we directed our gaze to the floor as the whistle signaled the start of the third quarter.

The score teetered back and forth all through the third quarter, and into the final minutes of the fourth as it came down to intentional fouling to prevent State from keeping their three-point lead. I was so excited, yelling my lungs out. The final whistle blew, the game ended with State winning by two points. I hugged Dick so tightly in excitement I was sure I had broken something. When I released him he feigned injury, his face scrunched up, his eyes almost closed as he whined, and bent forward saying.

"Boy! It's a good thing they won. I don't know what would have happened if they had lost. You're one tough woman."

I laughed. "You know I'm in a great mood. You never can tell how I might want to celebrate. You might even get another kiss."

He smiled broadly. "Only one?"

I took his hand as we started to follow Dennis and Jane down the row. "We'll see how appreciative I feel when you drop me off at home."

I felt great as Jane and I talked on the way out, the guys following behind us out into the dark, rain-filled night. Dick and I bid Jane and Dennis goodnight and started for the parking lot under the umbrella. We had gotten within sight of the car when the wind picked up and the rain started to pour down, beating off the umbrella. It didn't' take but a few seconds for the colder temperature that came with the wind to hit my bare skin. Dick got me into the car as quickly as he could, I hardly felt a drop.

As I sat down I noticed an older couple under an umbrella looking at their car parked next to us. I looked down, seeing their rear tire was flat. Dick had closed the door after I got inside and I watched as he walked to the couple. I could see him talking to them, but with the rain beating down so hard on the car I couldn't hear any words. I saw the man hand Dick his keys after he got his wife into his car, then stepped in himself to get out of the rain after folding his umbrella.

I watched as Dick opened their trunk, got out their jack and spare tire, and proceeded to change their tire all the while the rain pelted him. After about ten minutes he closed their trunk, stepped to the driver's door, and handed the man's keys back. I saw the man try to give Dick some money, which he refused, he walked to the car and slid inside. He was soaked to the skin, rain dripping from his head and clothes. He looked at me with a smile as he wiped the water from his face.

"Sorry I took so long. I'm not used to changing tires."

I was surprised. Finally saying to him. "Let's see. It's dark outside, it's raining cats and dogs, and it's a car you're not familiar with. Geez, Dick, I thought you would be more efficient," as I reached over and took his wetted hand. I was so impressed with him. He started the car and we headed for my apartment. It was a few minutes later as we sat in line to leave the parking lot when he looked at me.

"Emily are you warm enough? I can turn on the heat if you're cold."

"Yes, I can use some heat." Though I was sure he could use it even more. His wet clothing clung tightly to his body, showing his features nicely. Even soaking wet he looked impressive—no, more impressive. I felt my body warm in a most wonderful way.

The rain was still coming down in buckets and he was driving slowly to keep us safe. I made up my mind as a strong bolt to lightning streaked overhead followed by a loud report—it was a lousy night to be driving. It was an hour drive for him to get home, I wasn't going to let him drive all that way in this weather, especially in wet clothes.

"Dick, do you have a change of clothes with you?"

"Yeah, I have a pair of shorts and maybe a tee-shirt or cotton shirt in the trunk. Why?"

"You can change once we get to my apartment. I'll get some towels out so you can dry your hair."

"Thanks. That would be helpful, but I don't want to drip all over your floor. Are you sure you want me to come in?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

We pulled in front of my apartment, parked, and made a mad dash under the umbrella for the door. I went inside and Dick went back to the car, and returned with his dry clothes. Once inside he took off his soggy shoes and socks and left them by the door. His wet clothes clung to him, his broad chest showing through the fabric in a wonderful display.

I walked him to the bathroom thinking how nice it would be to watch him undress. Then decided perhaps I shouldn't act upon it. Once started down that road I wasn't sure where it would stop. Did I really care if we went all the way? I realized I didn't, but maybe I shouldn't be in such a rush. He had been such a gentleman all evening why should I take it for granted he was as eager for sex as I was. I already knew my libido was stronger than some males. Did I want to take a chance when I finally had him this close?

I was standing at the window watching sheets of rain being blown across the lighted parking lot when Dick came out holding his wet clothes in one hand. He looked a bit odd dressed in a pair of khaki shorts and a long-sleeved burgundy sweatshirt with a large yellow CMU emblazoned across the chest. I couldn't help but laugh a little.

"What! I can't believe you don't recognize a well-dressed man when you see one."

I looked at him while I bit my lip. Thinking how nice those hairy legs looked going up into that crotch, wondering how tightly his pelvis would fit against mine. The noticeable bulge I had been able to detect while he was wearing his soggy pants was no longer visible. But that didn't mean my imagination wasn't filling in the missing information. I looked at him with a sexy smile.

"Well, I guess maybe I like what I see anyway. Well-dressed or not."

"I'll take that a compliment from a very attractive woman," he replied not missing a beat.

I felt myself grow warm. He wasn't shy about giving a girl compliments that was for sure.

"Emily, I should get going. I have a ways to go and it's getting late. Thank you for tonight. I really enjoyed your company. I hope you found it enjoyable enough to want to do it again."

I stepped to him as he reached to take my hand. He held it softly and looked into my eyes. I felt a bit strange. We had worked together all day in the field several times and spent the entire evening together today, now I wasn't sure how it should end. Should I kiss him on our first date?

"Dick, I did enjoy it. A lot. It's the best time I've had in a very long while. Please be careful driving home in the storm. Call me anytime."

He caressed my hand lightly and the pleasure it provided warmed me just as it had earlier. Oh, how I wanted that hand to touch me somewhere else. I looked up into those gorgeous eyes as a mischievous grin came to his face.

"Or maybe, I should just text you."

I got up the following morning, went for a short jog after breakfast, showered, and sat down to read for a while. I had just started another chapter of my book when my phone rang, it was Jane. I could tell right away she was still excited about her date with Dennis. After the game, she told me they had stopped to get a little bite to eat and had wound up talking until almost one in the morning. She said the rain had stopped and she had walked him out to his car. She said they shared a hug and a long kiss. Then she asked how Dick and I had gotten along.

"Jane, it was the most enjoyable date I've had in a long time. You know he seems more refined in a way. He's a gentleman in an old fashioned way. It's actually refreshing. I liked the way he got into the game. He cheered almost as much as I did."

"Yeah. When he didn't have his eyes glued to you," she laughed.

"He wasn't watching me that much. Though he did send me a text saying I had a fine looking ass" I said in Dick's defense.

"You defending a man that you have dated but one time. Now that's a bit different. Usually you reserve judgment until at least the third date."

"Okay. I admit I really like him. I got worked up just touching him. We didn't kiss goodnight and I went to bed feeling as if he had. I can't explain it. I hope he calls me for another date. If not, I think I'm going to invite him out. I've never done that before, but I think he's worth the effort."

"Emily, that doesn't sound like the girl I know and love so well," she laughed.

"I know. Smarty-pants," I laughed, "he told me his younger sister is getting married in two weeks in Ohio. He's in the wedding party so I know he will be gone for a while. He didn't have a lot to say about his family except in general terms, though his maternal grandparents are still alive. It sounded as if he has always had a good relationship with them. I kind of got the impression he and his dad have issues."

"You know my brother Willis and my father had problems too. But dad's attitude changed after he got married. Of course, Willis matured quite a bit after he married, Beth slowed him down and he grew up."

"I guess that happens. I think his older brother is on better terms with their father than he is. I didn't want to get too nosy. Makes me happy I'm on good terms with everyone in my family. Makes life a lot easier."

"I can understand that. But mothers have a way of keeping an eye on you."

We both laughed. That was certainly true. We talked a bit more and ended our conversation with the idea we would double-date again if things worked out between her and Dennis, and Dick and myself. It sounded good, but I reminded myself Dick and I still hardly knew one another. The only thing I knew for sure was I wanted that to change. At least to have a chance to see if my instincts were good. I wished I had followed them before; maybe even last night when I wanted a kiss from Dick.

I fixed lunch and sat down to watch TV for a while to relax. My phone rang and I picked it up without looking at the screen to see who it was. Probably my mother, as we hadn't talked yet today as we usually did. I was surprised when a male voice emerged from the speaker.

"Emily, this is Dick. I thought I would call you and see how you're doing."

I quickly turned the volume on the TV down and took a breath to calm myself. This was too good to be true!

"I'm fine. I'm just relaxing a bit. How long did it take you to get home last night?"

"Almost an hour and a half. Lots of slower traffic in the rain even though it was late. The rain slacked off some as I got near my apartment. I was wondering if you have plans for this evening."

I took another deep breath, let it out slowly, and responded as calmly as I could as I sat up fully alert.

"No, I was thinking of relaxing here at home, maybe watch some basketball on TV."

"Would you be up to spending some time outside and then watching some basketball afterwards?"

"Maybe. If I could find someone to do it with," I said tauntingly. All the while my heart beat a happy tattoo at the prospect of spending time with him. There was a slight pause.