I Have a 50-50 Chance Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"In the meantime, I would like to speak privately with Mr. Campbell and Mrs. Campbell about this "Agreement." I still have concerns that need to be addressed.

Also, while this is a preliminary hearing, it is still a hearing it is not an open discussion. I been very patient and tolerating more than I normally would. But I will only go so far. Am I understood."

Mr. Williams and Johnathan responded yes, your honor.

"Mrs. Campbell please turn on your phone and give Mr. Williams the phone number for Mrs. Lin."

"We are going to take recess; please return to the court room at 2:00."

Now I was extremely nervous, but I was glad Johnathan was with me. He may hate me for what I did to Tommy, but I'm glad he was he for me now. We walked down the hall to the judge's chamber and as we walked in, he asked if we wanted coffee, tea, or water. I took a cup of tea to calm my nerves and Johnathan just took a bottle of water. We sat down and the judge started talking.

"Mr. Campbell, please inform your "client," I use that term loosely, that she must answer Mr. Williams' questions concerning the generous sum she received because of her termination. Please explain to Mrs. Williams that a contract between herself and WDB and Associates is not worth a hill of beans in my court.

I looked at Johnathan and I asked him "what I should do."

"Karen, you need to tell the judge what the payment was for. Larry knew this may come out during the hearing. I did my best to suppress it, but Mr. Williams just won't let it go. I the best I could to stop it."

"Stop what from coming out during the hearing?"

And then I teared up and told him the story.

"Your honor, I was drunk one night at our office afterhours party and so was Larry; Larry and I had sex. My husband found out and kicked me out of our house. Larry had me sign an a "Agreement" stating that I would not say anything that would result in Larry's wife finding out that we had sex."

"Oh, this just keeps getting better and better."

The judge didn't look happy, and I started to tear up a little. My life was a mess and all I could think about was my two little girls and what would happen if I ended up in jail. My babies would have no father and no mother.

"Mrs. Campbell, I do understand your dilemma, but you will have to tell Mr. Williams. He has the right to ask his questions, as does Mr. Campbell, so that I can make my decision whether to move forward with a trial based on the evidence presented. Mr. Campbell is there anything you would like to add."

"May I speak to Larry first and give him a chance to tell his wife before she hears it the courtroom."

"Yes, I will allow that. And Mrs. Campbell, why don't you get yourself something to eat and we can meet back in the court at 2:00 to continue your testimony.

As I said in court, this case is very unusual, and I have been very lenient as we all try to get the facts. I understand now why you didn't want to talk about the payment. And for what it's worth, I am sorry and hope things work out for you and your husband Mrs. Campbell.

I thanked the judge and then I asked Johnathan if he would let Tommy know too. I didn't want him to be blindsided either. This case had media coverage and I knew it would be all over the local news.

At this point Tommy was still asking me for the DNA test results and he hadn't pushed me to sign the divorce agreement yet. But once it comes out in trial that I had sex with Larry, everyone will know I cheated on Tommy and I imagine that Tommy will force me to sign the divorce agreement, ending what was once a happy marriage.

My sister was waiting for me when I walked out of the judge's chambers, and we went to a nearby dinner. Lisa and I discussed this whole mess of a trial, and she asked me what I thought would happen next. I told her I was going to be divorced very soon.

"Karen, what's going on."

"I'm going to have to tell the Prosecutor that I had sex with Larry and my payment was so that I wouldn't say anything and especially tell his wife. This will kill Tommy if the local media coverage gets ahold of this. Jonathan is going to let him know so he isn't blindsided."

"Oh, Karen I'm so sorry."

We drove back to the courthouse in silence. We entered the courtroom and waited for the judge.

As the judge walked in all stood, "be seated." The judge asked me to return to the stand.

"Mrs. Campbell, are you ready to continue? As we discussed, as difficult as this will be for you, you must answer Mr. William's questions."

I told the judge I understood. I looked out around the courtroom and thanked God that Tommy wasn't in the courtroom. But Larry's wife Stephanie was. At least she was still sitting with Larry and not looking for a divorce attorney.

"Mrs. Campbell, will you answer my question now."

"Yes Mr. Williams, I will."

The Judge looked at me, "go ahead Karen."

I took a deep breath and began. "WDB holds a monthly office party; at one of the office parties, I had a little too much to drink while also on medication for a cold, which contributed to my drunken behavior. Well one thing led to another, and while the party was winding down, I stayed behind and ended up on Larry's office and Larry and I had sex."

As you can imagine, the courtroom erupted, there was chatting, and the courtroom was in shock. The press was on their phones. The judge asked for everyone to column down and allow me to finish.

Did I ever imagine something like this would happen; no. Larry is very professional, and we are both married. However, we were both drunk, very drunk." I don't think Larry was drunk at all, but I wanted to help him at least save his marriage.

"A few weeks later, my soon to be ex-husband Tommy sued WDB; WDB has a strict non-fraternization policy. Larry was a partner and had sex with an employee; that led to the separation. Tommy signs an agreement that he would not discuss the matter in public or tell Larry's wife and he received a settlement from WBD.

Shortly thereafter, I was terminated I signed a similar agreement, my "Severance Agreement" For my discretion, I would receive my remaining salary for the year plus bonus and two more years salary and bonus. I could also keep my health insurance coverage until I found a new job."

The courtroom was now quiet, and Mr. Williams was also quiet for the first time since the hearing began. It was slowly making sense to me. The Prosecutor's whole case hinged on my folding and telling the judge that I knew everything that went on at the golf outings. And the money I received was a payoff. Now that he had found out why I received the money, he only had Mr. Ryan's claim of extortion. However, the other 11 clients attending the gold outing denied all of Mr. Ryan's claims.

However, Mr. Williams was not giving up.

"Your honor."

"Yes Mr. Williams."

"This is information that we were not made aware off at discovery."

"Mr. Williams, this is a Preliminary Hearing. Not all information is made available, by either side."

"But your Honor, what proof is there that this is true."

"I object."

"I thought you would Mr. Campbell."

"Mrs. Campbell has explained what took place and that WDB gave a settlement to both Mrs. Campbell and Mr. Tommy Campbell, her husband. Surely this is enough to put this issue of a payoff to rest. The payoff was to save Larry's wife from finding out of his adultery and potential divorce I might add. Mr. Williams has dragged this out long enough. It is a personal matter and should never have been of any interest to this hearing. Further, Mr. Williams has caused damage to my client, his family, and his reputation. I feel that I should tell the court that I am appalled and will recommend that my client sue for damages to his reputation."

"Your Honor, this could have been an elaborate scheme." Mr. Williams said.

"Your honor. Tommy Campbell, who is my brother, has filed for divorce based on his wife's infidelity. I can attest that this is true as I represented my brother and filed his divorce agreement on the grounds of infidelity."

"Let me get this straight Mr. Campbell. You represented Mr. Campbell, your brother, with his pending divorce. You represented your brother with his settlement against WDB. You represented Mrs. Campbell when she was questioned by the FBI and recommended that she not speak until suspended. You are representing Mr. Williams in her "ridiculous" lawsuit against the Federal Bureau of Investigation. And now you a representing WDB. Am I missing anything?"

"Well, you're honor, I may be representing a Larry Wilson in his lawsuit against Mr. Williams for the damage that he has caused today."

Everyone in the courtroom along with the judge got a kick out of that comment.

"Your honor"

"Yes Mr. Williams."

"Your honor, this is all hear say."

"Your honor if I may."

"Yes Mrs. Campbell"

"Jose Morales, the office cleaner saw us having sex. Jose's brother works for Tommy and that's how Tommy found out I has sex with Larry."

"Mrs. Campbell, did you think of offering this story to Lifetime TV, my wife loves those programs? I'm sorry that was inappropriate of me."

Mr. Williams, do you think you can fine this Jose Morales and confirm Mrs. Campbells story? "

"We will. If we are provided with his address, we will have him subpoena to appear."

"Your honor, Jose is out of the country." Johnathan said.

"Of course, he is. This is just one more game that the defense is playing."

"May I elaborate your honor?"

"Oh Yes Mr. Campbell, please do."

"Jose is from Puerto Rico. He comes and stays with his brother a few months a year, works while he is here visiting and then returns to Puerto Rico. I am told that he will return in 6 months or so. If the prosecutor wants to pay for his airfare, I'm sure he will return for the hearing."

"Your honor, this is a joke. We will be arresting Mrs. Campbell as coconspirator with WDB as soon as this hearing is over."

There was an outburst by the courtroom that the judge had to get under control. I was crying hysterically while the judge tried to console me. I calmed down and asked the judge if we could talk in his chambers again.

"We are adjourned for the day. We will meet in this courtroom on Friday morning at 10:00. Mr. Williams, Mr. Campbell, Mrs. Campbell please follow me to my chambers."

We all sat down in his office, and I spoke first.

"Mr. Williams, I had nothing to do with any illegal activities at WDB. All I ever did was screw up my marriage."

"Mrs. Campbell, I don't believe a word that comes out of your mouth."

"If I can prove that I am telling you the truth, will you stop threatening to arrest me.

? I have to girls at home that need their mother."

"What proof can you offer since Jose is conveniently missing?"

"Please Mr. Williams, I have two children and no husband. I do not want to end up in jail. I will answer all your questions, but my payment from WDB was 100% related to Larry and I having sex that night."

"Then Prove it."

I looked at Johnathan "Johnathan please tell Tommy I love him, and I am deeply sorry for what I have done. I will sign the divorce agreement if that's what he wants, and I will not fight him any longer."

"Mrs. Campbell, we are not here to discuss your divorce settlement." The judge said.

I was in tears crying harder than I have in my entire life. "The father of my two children Sara and Becky is Larry Wilson."

"Do you have proof of this Mrs. Campbell?" the judge asked me.

"Yes, I never told my husband because I was hoping he would drop the divorce when he saw that my daughters looked just like me and no one would know who the father was. But my husband stood firm that he wants DNA proof. I kept putting him off. But I already knew, I just couldn't let Tommy go.

I met with Larry shortly after the girls were born and I told him that I needed to know if Tommy was the father or not. So, I asked Larry if we could take a sample from him to do a DNA test.

"He agreed but did not want to know if he was the father or not. He told me he would pay for the girls' college whether he was the father or not. He told me "Karen, I will set up a college fund for both of your daughters. I have caused enough pain, but I do not want to know if they are my children. I can't, I married with a family of my own."

We met at the hospital, the doctor took what he needed from Larry and Larry walked out. True to his word, he said up a college fund for my children. The test came back positive that Larry was their father and I never told Larry of Tommy. "

Everyone sat back in their chairs just looking at each other trying to determine what to do next. And then Johnathan spoke. "Well, there we have it, proof that Larry fucked Karen, the payment is now explained there is no reason to let Larry's wife know in the middle of a courtroom that he has two children because of one drunken night.

Your honor, my client can careless if the Prosecutor wants to continue with this ridiculous trial or just drop it for lack of evidence. WDB is innocent and they will come out as a winner and their reputation will not be harmed either way. We just want to agree that there is no more talk of a payoff or children. Can we agree to this?"

"Mr. Williams would you like to continue with the preliminary hearing and bring his next witness on Friday?

And as for Mr. Campbell's request, I see no reason that the payments Mrs. Campbell or her husband received have any relevance to the trial and should not be brough up again.

I think there has been enough embarrassment. If we are all in agreement, Mrs. Campbell please bring the DNA proof to me Friday morning before we continue the hearing."

I walked out of the judge's office with my head down, I was in tears. I saw Tommy in the hallway, I guess waiting for Johnathan. I just kept on walking and didn't look at him or stop to say a word to him. Lisa caught up to me and we drove home.

"So?"

Once we got in the car I told Lisa, "Please don't repeat what I am about to tell you. There are only a few people that know."

"Well don't hold me in suspense, what?"

"Sara and Becky's father is Larry and I need to show the judge and prosecutor the DNA results Friday morning. Once they see the DNA results, the payment will be dropped, and Mr. Williams will also stop threatening to send me to jail."

"Oh my God Karen how long have you known that the girls were Larry's?"

"I had Larry's do a DNA evaluate a few weeks after the girls were born."

"Karen don't cry. I'll tell Jerry that I'll be staying with you for a few days. Just me, you mom and dad and the girls. I just need to swing by the house and pack a bag. Let's get some ice cream on the way to your place too."

"Ice cream is not the answer to everything."

"No, it's not, but I don't want you getting drunk. So, you're going to eat ice cream."

Friday morning Johnathan, Mr. Williams and I met in the judge's chambers, and I presented the DNA as proof the Sara and Becky were Larry's children. The judge looked at all three of us and said "no more talk of the Severance Agreement, what the payment was for, sex between Mrs. Campbell and Mr. Wilson. And nothing will be said to who the father of these children is. Am I understood? That is between Mrs. Campbell and Mr. Wilson.

We will begin the hearing at 10:00. Mrs. Campbell, I will have you return to the stand, and I will ask if Mr. Williams and Mr. Campbell have any further questions and then you may leave or sit in the courtroom and watch the rest of the show. It is up to you."

"Hi Dad, you want a piece of birthday cake and coffee?"

"No, I just came to see my granddaughters before I go to bed."

"Ok, mom went to bed a while ago. I'll see you in the morning for breakfast."

"Good night, love you."

"I love you too."

"Hey girl, what are you doing?"

"I was just thinking about when the kids were born and the crazy trial."

"Did you and dad get all the girls' toys put together?"

"We could have used a builder to get that girl house put together, the directions were like blueprints. We could have used Tommy. I'm sorry, Karen, I shouldn't have said that.

"I'm over him Roger. I knew Tommy wouldn't take me back once he found out I had sex with Larry. He was only going to except the girls anyway if they were his. So now I am all yours."

"Are you going to stay tonight or go back to your place."

"Well, your parents are going to be in the room right next to us."

"Just because you're sleeping over doesn't mean we have to fuck."

"How long are they staying?" Roger asked.

"Two weeks."

"Can't they stay at your sister's house for a few nights and visit her kids?"

"You are unreal. You can't go two weeks without sex."

"I don't want to go two minutes without having sex with you."

"I'll tell you what, if you can make it through the night without poking me with your dick, I'll give you a blowjob in the morning."

Yes, I fell in Love with Dotti's brother Roger. He waited patiently; he was always a shoulder for me to cry on. He never offered an opinion about Tommy, he just listened and let me make my own decisions. When he thought I had grieved enough he made his moved and I'm glad he did.

Epilogue

Johnathan told Tommy that the girls were Larry's, and I signed the divorce agreement. Johnathan and Laura Crown, my divorce attorney, came to terms on a settlement for my share of the business. I told Laura that if Tommy talked to me, I would not take any money for the business, and he could keep it. He still wouldn't talk to me. He said he would rather buy me out than ever talk to me again.

Tina was the only one of the Campbell family that still talks to me. She couldn't get over the fact that Tommy would just throw away five years of marriage over a horrible mistake, alcohol and drugs was a big mistake.

The Prosecutor's team got in touch with Chloe Lin, and she gave them a list of other clients who vouched for the company and services they provided is real. The Prosecutor said that they couldn't find any Federal tax returns for TeeTime. As a resulted the IRS initiated Federal Tax Audit TeeTime. TeeTime's accountant and attorney provided all the documents to substantiate the company and how tax returns were filed. I don't understand any of it, so I will not try to explain it. All I know is that the IRS auditor found nothing out of the ordinary.

Anyway, since the prosecutor only had Mr. Ryan's claim of extortion and the other 11 clients attending the golf outing denied all of Mr. Ryan's claims, the judge ruled that there was not enough evidence to continue with a trial.

Chloe Lin

I received a call from Karan Campbell; I knew her story; Karen was terminated after her husband sued WDB because Larry Wilson couldn't keep his dick in his pants. I felt bad, I always liked Karen.

When she called me, she was pretty upset. She told me that the FBI were going to arrest her. I tried her to calm down, I had no idea about what she was talking. She went on to tell me that one of WDB's clients had approached the feds with allegations the WDB supplied drugs and prostitutes at the golf outings and pictures were taken to "extort the client" if needed. I calmed Karen down and assured her that nothing like that takes place at the golf outings. A visit to a strip club or two, but that's it and extortion, it highly unlikely.

"I lied about the entertainment we provide. But the Feds should have been looking into the money we launder through the charity foundations that WDB represent, but I kept that to myself."

Karen felt better after we talked. I tried to get a little more information out of her about the Feds case. Since she was pregnant, her attorney was forcing the FBI to arrest Karen, or she wasn't answering any questions until after her babies were born. It was too much stress for a woman carrying twins.