I Know What I'm Doing Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The chance to get talk to him on reasonably neutral territory was my excuse and I clung to it. I smiled when I saw his Superman t-shirt.

I didn't know how to ask him about our relationship so I plunged on into the second biggest issue plaguing me, "So, is Carolynn... back?"

We were in a busy restaurant in the centre of town. Aiden had greeted me with a hug that had raised a couple eyebrows but he'd paid them no mind. After a few minutes I'd nervously peeked around to see everyone else enjoying their lunches, showing no interest in us.

/Relax, you idiot./

"I told her to leave," he replied. "But she insists we still have things to talk about." He looked at me, green eyes sharp, "She's not at the house and we're not together anymore, if that's what you're wondering."

"Oh."

Our waitress cleared our plates and offered us the dessert menus. Aiden ordered the chocolate mousse cake for both of us without looking at it.

He studied me after she left, "That 'oh' means something."

"Does it?"

He nodded, "It does. I'm not familiar with it so I'm not sure what you're trying to say. I only know the 'oh' that comes wrapped in your moans -- that one I understand perfectly." He grinned at my shocked expression, "What're you thinking?"

I was the one who'd insisted on working things out. I had to see this through, "Wouldn't it make sense to just talk to her?"

His smile faded, "Why? She lied and slept around. What more do I need to know?"

"She was your fiancée, Aiden."

"Exactly. 'Was' is very accurate," he snapped. "I need nothing more from that woman."

"You haven't told her that, though. Unpleasant as it may be, you have to take the time to talk to her. End it. Otherwise you'll be lugging unnecessary baggage around."

He leaned back again when our waitress served our dessert.

Once she was gone he nodded at me, "You're right."

After lunch he invited me back to the Montgomery, talking about wanting to show me the small beach attached to his property. I hesitated. When he promised to have me back at Dan's before supper, I relented and followed him to his car.

Back at the Montgomery, he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the guesthouse instead of the house. Dan was on the phone. His eyebrow nearly shot up into his hairline when he noted our clasped hands, but he quickly put the call on hold and turned to Aiden. I tried to free my hand discreetly but his grip tightened possessively.

"Any messages?" Aiden asked.

Dan nodded at me, "Sam Edwards called for Ethan. He said he had trouble getting through to your cell earlier and asked that you give him a call when you're able." He turned back to Aiden, "And Carolynn wanted you to know she's found a place."

"Good," Aiden turned to leave.

"Aiden, wait. I have Rick Landon on the line. He says he needs to speak to you urgently."

Aiden continued down the hallway that led off the reception area, "I'll take it in my office."

With that he dragged me along to a door to the right of hallway, just before the garden exit.

We entered a very impressive room, but I barely had time to take it all in before Aiden shut the door and pushed me up against it.

"Explain one thing to me, Ethan," he growled softly. "How is it that I find your closeness so damn addictive?"

I didn't get to answer, which was good, considering my brain had shut down for the time being. His lips fell upon mine, stealing my strength away. I opened to him without a second thought and wound my arms around his neck. His hands roamed down my back to my hips as his tongue delved into and explored my mouth. I rose up on my toes and tightened my embrace until our chests met and I heard him groan deep in his throat. I loved that I could get that reaction from him.

His hands went to my butt and caressed and squeezed, till I found myself instinctively rubbing my erection on his thigh. He pulled me up against him and leaned down to bite my neck. His hardon pressed into my hip. I grazed my teeth along his earlobe and felt a shiver run through his whole body, licking him drew out the same reaction. His hands had just slipped into the back of my jeans and briefs, against my skin, when beeping of the phone on his desk tore our mouths apart.

The office was filled with the sound of our rapid breathing.

I became very aware of the way his large hands were still possessively splayed over my butt cheeks, and gave him a gentle push, "Phone."

He pulled me towards his desk. When he sat down I was surprised that he pulled me onto his lap.

"Aiden..." It was supposed to come out as a warning, not a plea.

"Shh. You'll enjoy this."

I didn't have much strength anyway, so I leaned back against him and decided to savour the moment. He pressed connect on the phone then put the call on speaker.

"Rick, your timing is the pits. This better be phenomenal." He slipped a hand under my shirt and started rubbing my stomach in lazy circles.

Rick chuckled. "That can only mean one thing." Another chuckle, "Don't worry, I'll keep it short. I've just found out about a major auction that will be happening in a few days' time; it's an enclosed complex. We're talking forty two-bedroom cluster units and ten luxury units."

My breath hitched when Aiden fingertip dipped into my navel and that alone had my erection leaking in my underwear. He nuzzled his nose behind me ear then, licked me there. "Shh.." He whispered before going back to his call. "And where is property?"

"Johannesburg. In the Northcliff area. All the units are newly built, very nicely done; and 30 are already occupied, so income generation is well on its way."

I felt the buttons on my jeans pop one by one and focused on not moaning out loud. He made me stand and pushed my jeans and briefs down past my knees before pulling me back into his lap. He went back to licking my neck, then little bites followed. I knew there'd be new marks joining the one he'd given me at the club.

When he first touched my penis, my hips jumped and I couldn't help the gasp that slipped out. Luckily Rick didn't hear me.

"Why is it being auctioned, though? It sounds like a fantastic venture."

How the hell was he keeping his voice that steady?

"It's this economy, man. The owners got themselves in tight financial corner; this is the only way out for them. Everything has to go. If you're interested, I'll need to organise the deposit as soon as possible -- clear some money so it'll be ready in time for the auction."

Aiden's warm fingers wrapped around my aching cock and squeezed gently, then harder.

He lifted his fingers to my lips. "Suck them."

His soft breath was hot on my earlobe. I opened obediently, then licked and sucked like a newborn. I heard a sharp inhalation before he withdrew his fingers. I would have taken a moment to enjoy the small triumph were it not for the sudden jolt of having his wet fingers wrap around my hardon again. He slowly started stroking and my precum spread, smoothing the way for his touches. I felt his smile against my neck as my hips began helplessly thrusting.

"Sounds great, Rick. Email me everything you know so far, especially the numbers, and I'll let you know of my decision within the hour. I won't be able to go to Jo'burg next week, though."

"Are you sure? You'd only need to come on Monday-"

"No. I can't leave Plett for a while; I'm looking after someone."

And, boy, was he wonderful at it! He cupped my balls and caressed the sacs, almost curiously, as if he were learning me. I'd never leaked this much precum - ever. His fingers glistened with it as he resumed his stroking. I felt like all of me was about to explode, not just my dick. I tossed my head back on his shoulder and pulled his other hand up to my pebbled nipples.

Rick was chuckling again. "Boy, you must have it really badly. Look, I'm sure we could have you out and back again in less than a day. How's that?"

"No." Aiden pinched at my nipple and bit down on my neck. My thrusts sped up with his strokes till I was nothing but a hot frenzy. His face lifted beside mine, his tone with Rick all control, "You'll have to step in for me."

"Alright, I can do that. Hope she's worth it, Montgomery."

"Trust me, he is. Later, bud."

I vaguely made out Rick's surprised splutter before Aiden disconnected, but was way past caring. Way, way past. My heart was pumping in my cock, I could feel it. Whimpers were falling from my lips, as my legs spread wide and the frantic dance of my hips took me higher.

"That good, baby? You like that?"

"Aiden, I'm gonna come. I can't.. help it."

"Go ahead. Come for me, babe. You know, I never forgot the look on your face that first time. Your face in the light of the sunset. I want to see you again, baby. Let me see your beautiful face. Come for me."

His words were my undoing. Seconds later I cried out as I spurted all over his hand and my stomach. He held me close through it, murmuring into my skin and kissing my neck.

He combed my hair back from my forehead and licked at the sweat beaded there, "Are you okay?"

I couldn't help the weak laugh that fell from my lips, "You bet."

I was surprised again when he lifted his wet hand to his lips and curiously tasted my semen. I watched for his reaction.

"Not at all what I expected."

"What does that mean?"

"Well, babe, let's just say all of you tastes like strawberries. I like it."

I blushed deeply at his ridiculous words.

He helped me back into my clothes then snuck me past the staff and out the back. I felt like a kid again, only better. I smiled at him as he unlocked the door to the house.

"What?"

"You still haven't told me what you meant by 'marking your territory'."

He swatted my butt with a grin before pulling me into the house. "Go keep busy, wise guy. Soak in the tub or something. I need to check my email then call Rick back. It might take a while."

*

I felt great later, but I knew it had nothing to do with the soak in the tub. I went back downstairs to find him watching tv. His arms were stretched out across the back of the couch and one ankle rested on the opposite knee. He looked like a king.

I approached him with a smile when I saw what he was watching, "Pinky and the Brain, huh?"

He grinned up at me, "Don't you judge me. I needed something light after the Oprah episode I just watched."

I laughed outright, "Wow, you're really grabbing onto this gay thing with both hands, aren't you?"

"Hey. Watching Oprah does not determine my sexuality. She had an interesting interview with a woman who survived abuse and drug addiction and went on to become a major writer."

"Okay."

"And tomorrow she'll be checking out Gwyneth Paltrow's diet and exercise routine."

"Right."

"I am so gay."

"I know."

We laughed together, but I saw something in his eyes. Astonishment possibly? Aiden was connecting, bit by bit, with a part of himself he hadn't known existed. And I was here to witness it. I felt excited and humbled by the realisation.

The doorbell rang, sweeping away the web of wonder linking us. Aiden went to check who it was. My palms went clammy at the thought that it might be Carolynn. Relief rose when I reminded myself that she wouldn't ring the bell, so it had to be someone else. How depressing the thought that, as Aiden's fiancée, that woman had more right to come and go in this house than I did.

Captain Anton Pretorius. He followed Aiden into the lounge and came to shake my hand. He was attempting to smile but this one did little to set me at ease in comparison to last time.

I stuffed my fists in my pockets, still facing him, "Captain. You have news? Do you know where Mark is?"

He scratched at the back of his neck, clearly uncomfortable with whatever he had come to tell me, "I need to check something with you first. Do you own a black Audi Q7 with this registration number?"

He handed me his notepad and I glanced at it, "Yes, that's my car. I hardly ever drive it though. It's a fantastic car, but the thing's enormous..." /Stop babbling./

"Then the news isn't great, I'm afraid."

Aiden appeared by my side. He had to stop doing that when I got in trouble or I might grow to depend on it. "Just cut to the chase, Anton. What's going on?"

The captain nodded at Aiden, but quickly turned back to me, "A report came in from the Sea Point PD less than an hour ago. There was an explosion at your complex. None of the townhouses or tenants suffered in it, the device went off in the underground garage. I'm sorry to tell you your car was blown up."

I just stood there, my arms rigid, fists trembling in my pockets, "Blown up?"

"The bomb was attached magnetically to the underside of your car."

"Someone wants me... dead?" the words were like lead, heavy and foreign in my mouth.

"Not 'someone', fucking Reynolds!" Aiden was enraged, glaring at Captain Pretorius.

"We don't have proof of that yet," the captain told us calmly. "As for killing you, I don't think that was his intention. He could've set the device to be triggered by the door or pedals; or he could've used a tilt fuse. Those would've detonated when you got in or started driving the car."

"Fuck!" Aiden was pacing behind me.

"Instead he opted for a timer and detonator; it allowed him just enough time to get clear of the blast radius before he set it off. I think his aim was to scare you, not kill you."

"I... I can't believe this. Blown up?"

The captain eyed Aiden who was scowling ominously, "Ethan's in shock. Could you bring him something strong to drink?"

I didn't think the captain's words had penetrated Aiden's dark haze, but he nodded and went to the bar. Watching him do something normal helped me keep my grip on sanity.

Captain Pretorius continued talking, "We have footage from the security cameras, but the attacker wore a mask once inside the property, making it impossible to identify him. I am, however, led to believe that it was your ex for a number of reasons. This person was very familiar with the grounds and locations of most of the cameras. And he not only picked a time when most of the other tenants were out, but also the shift that had a new security guard manning the complex gate."

"So the man would have a more difficult time identifying him as Mark Reynolds to the police."

He nodded, "Yes. I was hoping you'd have a photo of him that we could show the man while everything's still fresh in his memory."

My shoulders were starting to ache. I dropped my head forward to stretch the back of my neck, "I got rid of all the photos, everything of his. I could look around for something that I might've missed," I hesitated, heart thrumming in a panic, "but I'd have to go back... there."

"No!" Aiden's interjection came out as a bark.

I lifted my head when he touched the back of my neck.

/How could his touch still be gentle when his tone was so harsh?/

My eyes burned and the ache in my shoulders had reached my upper back. I took the drink he offered and swallowed fast. Fire exploded in my throat and stomach. I grimaced at the imagery, eyes watering.

I handed the glass back to him, "I have to, Aiden. I'm tired of running from Mark; I have to help stop him if I can."

"Of course, I'd arrange a police escort to go with him," the captain added.

"I said no! Find another way, but sending Ethan into danger will never be an option."

I turned to the captain who shook his head sombrely, "We're caught in a catch-22 balls-up here. We need to prove that this was Reynolds in order to charge him with this. But we'll first need to prove he's done something wrong before we can search his place for that proof."

My stomach coiled, "He's winning."

"Bullshit," Aiden turned me towards him. His eyes looked like the sun was shining out from behind them. "We'll figure something out. That bastard has met his match -- he just doesn't know it yet."

"His match," I blinked then turned to the captain. "The website! He created a profile while he was still working for me years ago. I blocked him from my list of contacts ages ago, but that's not our only way of tracking him. If the account's still active, you'd be able find all the photos you need on there. You can search for his name and his profile should come up as a match."

"Excellent," Captain Pretorius grabbed his jacket and notepad. "I need to get right on this. I'll keep you posted on anything else that comes to light."

"Captain," he paused at the door and turned to me. "You're sure that no one was hurt?"

He nodded, "Like I said, he waited till there was practically no one there. There was one other car in the garage; the shrapnel got it fairly badly, but no people were harmed."

I let out a shallow breath, "Okay."

He left.

Aiden put a hand on my shoulder and squeezed. When I didn't resist, he pulled me towards him and wrapped strong arms around me.

*

~Aiden~

Ethan didn't leave for a few days after that and I was glad it was his automatic desire to stay. I wouldn't have let him out my sight anyway.

I don't think he knew what day it was each time he woke up. He looked that numb.

I walked into his room each morning and ran a bath for him; then I'd have fresh clothes waiting for him on his made bed by the time he was done in the bathroom.

I served him food that Rachel sent up at the appropriate times and he always finished it, but without much reaction. I forced him to take walks with me down to the beachfront where I'd buy him an ice cream and we'd watch people walking their dogs or playing with their kids. Then we'd trudge back in silence and I'd sit with him while he napped.

We hardly ever talked but I liked the companionship we shared instead. Being quiet with him afforded me the chance to connect with him on a deeper level. I picked up on his moods within seconds of being around him; and learned to read his body language flawlessly.

I hadn't cooked in years but vowed to start again when a light Thai chicken curry I made him one night made him smile. I went a little manic after that; pork-stuffed cannelloni; lamb chops with rosemary and mint; couscous, salads, stir fries -- name them, I made them.

Ethan laughed till tears ran down his cheeks the day he saw me lugging in a dripping crate with live crayfish in it.

"What?" I huffed at him as I dashed on towards the kitchen sink.

"Nothing," he responded from a safe distance. He paused on his way out the kitchen, "Aiden?"

"Yeah?" I lifted the wary eye I had trained on my crate of crawling friends.

He looked shy, but there was something else as well. Something beautiful.

"Thank you," he smiled before padding through to the lounge.

I looked back at the crate then out the window, "You're welcome."

Ethan slowly came back to me over the span of that week. Anton reported that the security guard had positively identified Reynolds from the photos found online and investigators at the crime scene had managed to lift a couple sets of prints off a portions of one of the car's doors. Ethan gave Anton a sample of his prints so they could be compared to the lifted sets. Two didn't match. Reynolds had dug himself a really deep hole.

I was happy to see Ethan coming out of his shell again, but couldn't help worrying as well. I had purposely stayed away from the topic of our relationship because I knew he didn't need any more pressure. But as the days slipped by and Ethan grew more confident, I knew it'd be a matter of time before he spoke about leaving for Dan's again.

It was the last thing I wanted and resolved to talk him into staying. Carolynn was the wedge between us and I knew I had to clear things with her, kick her out once and for all, so Ethan could see that she meant nothing to me.

I called her and she agreed to meet me at the Montgomery. True to her word she arrived the following day, wearing an expensive dress and a smug grin.