I Lied Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm sorry," I said, missing my cue to start singing.

"It's okay, Owen. Don't worry about it. These guys are here to help you. They will do whatever it takes and stay as long as you need them to. What can we do to help?" Clark asked me, speaking directly into my headphones.

"I need to take a five-minute break," I lied.

"Take as much time as you need, Owen. We'll be right here when you come back," Tom, the engineer, said calmly.

"Hi, Beth, it's Owen. I just wanted to call you and tell you I'm scared and," I paused, knowing that if she was listening to my repeated calls over the last six months, it was probably killing her. "I love you, and I hope you will find it in your heart to one day forgive me, even though I don't deserve it. It's not fair to you for me to keep calling and making things harder for you. This will be my last call, and I promise to stop calling you unless you tell me otherwise," I choked out.

"Take care, Beth." I held back my tears until I hung up the phone.

I spent the next twenty minutes cursing myself for telling her I would never bother her again. I knew it was selfish, but the voicemails I sent to her were getting me through everything. But this promise was one I needed to keep. Standing up, I began the cowardly walk toward my truck, telling myself, 'If she wasn't here, I didn't want to be here either.'

"Don't stop." I read her text repeatedly while I looked around to see if Beth was staring at me as I walked toward my truck.

It took all I had not to call her. It was a start, and I wouldn't push my luck, I thought, walking back into the studio and saying, "Sorry, guys. I'm ready."

I sang my heart out that night as I laid down my vocal tracks in less than three hours. The moment the last word flowed from my mouth, I dropped to my knees in exhaustion. The tears in my eyes burned as they mixed with the sweat from my brow. I began to sob quietly for the next few minutes.

"I've been doing this a long time, and I want to tell you I've never seen someone sing with such raw emotion. Well done!" Tom said, walking into the recording booth and kneeling next to me. "We'll be right out here if you need us."

After using my shirt to wipe my eyes, I stood to my feet, mentally drained and needing to be alone. I walked out of the booth and straight toward my truck, not saying a word. I drove back to Clark's house with the radio blaring and not singing a single word, trying to drown out my brain telling me to call her.

*

"Hi Beth, It's Owen. I don't know if you're still living in the city or not, but I'm autographing my first single, 'Knock'em Dead,' and mailing it to you; I hope you like it. Sorry, I haven't called in the last few weeks, but I've been super busy gearing up for my upcoming radio tour. As always, I love you," I said, leaving off the 'I'm sorry' part, knowing she was probably tired of hearing it.

Life became very hectic when my radio tour started, and each radio station I went to seemed to look just like the last one. Natalie kept me up to date on where I was going next and what town we were in. A few of the stations I went to were doing a live broadcast during local fairs and carnivals, so I was able to play in front of some crowds. I had been gone for over a year now, and even though I was busy, I still made sure to call Beth at least once a month.

The day I called her and texted her that I was currently signing my record contract with C&J Records, I hoped she would text back or call, but she never did. My dreams had come true, and I still found it hard to be happy without Beth.

No matter how successful I was becoming or the amount of money I was making, I still told myself I would give it all up and go straight home to her if she called and asked. The money was nice, but it didn't fill the giant hole in my heart.

*

By year two, I finally gave up hope that she would ever take me back. I figured she had moved on with her life and had a new boyfriend by now. Her number had been disconnected a few months back, and up until then, I still called every month to tell her what I was doing and where I was playing next.

She kept her life a secret, and all of her social media pages had been deactivated. Even our parents didn't seem to know much, the last time I had seen them. She had cut them out too. I guess it was just too painful for her.

After my one-year contract was up, I signed a new contract with C&J Records for a whopping forty-six million dollars and a four record deal. I spent very little money on myself and still lived in Clark's guest house. I wasn't there much anymore, but he still told me I could stay, and I didn't have to leave. I tried to give him money for rent and utilities one time, but he wouldn't take it. You would've thought I asked him to have sex with his wife, so I never offered again.

I built my parents a new house, bought them new cars, and gave them plenty of money to quit their jobs and retire comfortably. My father cried the day I handed him the keys to his brand new pickup truck. I bought the truck in Nashville and shipped it to the house so that Brad's dad wouldn't get one dollar from me.

Carl and Greg joined me out on the road after I signed the new contract. I felt comfortable calling them and offering them the job since I knew I could keep them busy and pay them. I asked everyone to join me, but the rest of the guys declined now that they had families. I think it was mostly their wives telling them they couldn't go or that they would miss them too much. Life was about as complete as it was going to get for me. I was still single and hadn't even dated anyone. It was pointless because I was still madly in love with Beth. I could've continued to live that way for the rest of my life, hoping she would one day call me back.

**

"Call me when you get this." I read Carl's text and put my phone back down to finish drying off.

'What the hell could he want at this hour,' I thought. I had just gotten back to Clark's place for a much-needed break. We had been playing our asses off for the past nine months, and as much as I loved Carl like a brother, I also needed a break from him. You can only smell another man's farts so many times before it becomes irritating. I felt sorry for Greg as his bunk was directly above Carl's. It wasn't like he was doing it on purpose, as he was doing it in his sleep.

After flopping down on the couch, I called Carl to see what he needed.

"What's up, dude? You miss me already?" I chuckled.

"Hell no," He laughed. "If I spent one more night on that bus unable to have sex with my wife, I was liable to kill one of you fuckers or fuck one of you. I hadn't quite figured it out yet," He busted out in laughter.

"The hell you will," I continued, laughing with him. "So, what the hell do you want?" I asked with humor in my voice.

"Man, I don't know if I should tell you this over the phone, but I just saw Beth and Brad together at an Italian restaurant in the city."

"What?" I hissed.

"Yeah, man. Ashley and I came over to spend some time by ourselves, and we both saw them. After they left, I called their waiter over and asked if they came here a lot, and he said they have been coming here for almost two years."

"Carl, You better not be fucking with me. This is not something to be joking about." I threatened.

"I'm not joking, dude. I swear. I know you hate that motherfucker, and I just wanted you to know. Do you want me to do anything?" He assured me.

"No, I'll handle it," I said and hung up the phone.

I spent half the night pacing back and forth, trying to decide what I was going to do. Even though it killed me inside, the thought of her being with another guy I could've dealt with, but not that piece of shit, Brad.

"How in the fuck could this have happened?" I cursed out loud, sitting in my chair, rocking back and forth, angrier than I have ever been.

I don't recall when I passed out from pure exhaustion, but I grabbed my phone and called Clark the second I woke up.

"Good morning, Owen," Clark answered the phone cheerfully.

"Are you home?" I asked bluntly.

"Yes, is something wrong?"

"I'm coming over," I said and hit the end call button.

I didn't even get a chance to knock on the door before Clark opened it.

"What's wrong, Owen?" Clark asked wide-eyed.

"I need you to help me find a PI who will do whatever it takes to get some dirt on someone. Do you know somebody like that? I have to find somebody today. Can you help me?" I rambled.

"Umm, yes, I do," Clark answered, only having to think about it for just a few seconds. "Come with me."

We walked swiftly into his office, and he closed the door behind him.

"Owen, what's this regarding, so I know which one to call?" He asked, grabbing his phone off the desk and waiting for my reply.

"This cocksucker is dating my sister, and he's a fucking piece of shit. They dated through high school and off and on when he went to college. He would break up with her so that he could fuck other girls and then would get back together with her when he was home for the summer." My anger was coming out, and I was utterly failing to hold it back.

"It's okay, Owen, try to calm down. I know just the guy."

I took a few deep breaths, trying to do just that.

"I'll call him and have him call you right away. I will tell him that this is a personal matter and is off the books. Head back to your house so when he calls, you can talk to him in private."

"Thanks, Clark," I said before quickly exiting his office and damn near running back to the guest house.

I waited impatiently for the next five minutes until he called.

"Owen?" A deep voice asked when I answered the phone and said, "Hello."

"This is he."

"I'm Jack. Clark wanted me to call you. He said it was urgent."

"Yes. I need your help. My sister is dating this low-life degenerate cocksucker, and I...."

"Owen, stop for just a second. This is not a conversation I want to have over a cellular phone. Can we talk in person? Is that okay with you?"

"Yes, that's fine," I said.

"I live fifteen minutes from Clark's. I'll be there in ten," he said and hung up the phone.

He was a man of his word and arrived at the gate nine minutes and thirty seconds later. I buzzed him in and met him at the top of the driveway.

"Let's head inside as time is wasting." I liked Jack immediately.

"So, what do you need me to do?" Jack asked.

"I need you to head over there and find out what the hell is going on. I know for sure he is probably cheating on her. Can you find that out for me?"

"How soon do you need this information?"

"Yesterday! I don't care what it costs." I stated.

"Your money's no good here, Clark is one of my dearest friends, and when he calls and says it's urgent, I drop everything I'm doing. I will be on the first flight out of here, and I'll touch base with you when I land. Text me her last known address when I leave. Anything else?"

"Not right now," as I ran possibilities through my mind.

"Talk to you soon, Owen," Jack said, got up, and walked out.

With Jack on the way, I needed to make sure Carl stayed out of sight and out of the way. I didn't want or need Carl getting dragged into this mess.

"Hello."

"Carl, it's Owen. I need you to leave the city. I don't want you anywhere near it. Take Ashley someplace else, I don't care where you go, but don't stay there."

"You got it, Owen. I'm packing our bags as we speak."

"Use the band credit card and take her somewhere nice. It's on me, and I'll call you later."

"Thanks, Owen. Talk to you later," Carl ended the call.

I had all but quit drinking, but I found myself now pouring my third Rum and Coke as I watched the minutes turn to hours. I fought the urge several times to book a flight and confront them, but that wouldn't do any good, and I would most certainly show my ass. I didn't need to be thrown in jail over Brad's sorry ass anyway. Not only that, but I could see it on the news. 'Up and coming country star Owen Walker jailed after assaulting sister's boyfriend at a local Italian restaurant.' Yeah, not a good look for me, and what would make it even worse if I was to get my ass kicked by Brad.

"I'm here. I will touch base with you as soon as I have something." Jack texted several hours later.

"Thanks, Jack," I replied to his text.

With little to no sleep from the previous night, I grabbed a quick shower and laid down. I needed as much rest as I could get, not knowing what tomorrow held in store for me. 'This will be a lot harder than I thought,' was the last thought I had before succumbing to five stiff, Rum and Cokes.

I was sweating profusely when my phone started ringing and woke me from the nightmare of hearing Beth scream Brad's name while he fucked her on the other side of the door from me. No matter how hard I kicked the door trying to get it open, it wouldn't budge. Even covering my ears couldn't drown out her screams of pleasure.

"This is Owen," I answered the phone out of habit.

"Owen, it's Jack. I have an update for you. Are you somewhere you can talk?"

"Yes, I am. You can speak freely," I replied.

"Ok. They are definitely together, but Brad doesn't live with her. I observed them going to dinner and then back to her place. He only stayed for about twenty minutes before he left. You are correct about his infidelities. When he left, I followed him for over two hours to a town called Westfield. He only stayed there for about an hour at a place called Molly's. I watched him leave with a petite girl who looked to be in her mid-twenties. She got in the car with him, and he drove them about an hour outside of town to one of the local motels. They spent about three hours in the room before he drove her back to her car, and they parted ways."

"Is that it?" I asked.

"No. I sent her plate to a friend of mine last night after they parted ways, and he just got back to me this morning, right before I called you..."

"What's her name?" I blurted out, cutting him off.

"Patience, Owen, I'm getting there. Susan Underwood is her name. Do you know her?"

"No. Underwood is not ringing any bells."

Well, that's not her maiden name. She has secrets, just as Brad does. She and Mr. Underwood just got married three months ago, and he's a recently hired deputy sheriff. Mrs. Underwood's maiden name is Neuenswander. Does that ring any bells?"

I was frozen, unable to speak. My vision became blurred as the pressure in my head began to build.

"Owen, are you there?" Jack asked.

Finally able to get a word out, I growled, "Yes."

"So I take it, you know her?"

"Yes, the fuck I do." I kept my same intensity.

'That fucking whore,' I thought. There was only one person I hated more than Brad, and that was Susan Neuenswander. She ruined my life, and if it were the last thing I did on earth, I would have her crucified in front of the fucking town. Everybody would know how big of a whore she was when I finished with her.

"Jack, I don't care what you have to do, but I want to know everything about her. I want to know how long they have been fucking, and I want crystal clear pictures of them fucking and video if you can get it. I hate her more than Brad, but I don't want him to weasel out of this one, so I want the same info on Brad. Can you do that for me?"

"I can tell you the color of the hairs around her asshole if you want," Jack spoke as confidently as he could. "It will take me a few days, but I will get it."

"That's fine. I have to fly to Miami for a photo shoot and then to New York City for an interview, so I will be out of pocket for a few days. Take your time; I can't afford to fuck this up, but call me if anything dramatic happens."

"Will do. Talk to you soon," Jack ended the call.

I was happy I had a few things to do. This was the perfect time for me. If the shit hit the fan, I would be far away from them, doing something that was normal for me to be doing.

I talked to Clark about everything Jack had found out so far. He was pleased that he could get me the information so quickly. We talked about certain obligations I had in both cities.

"I'm going to send Natalie with you to make sure you don't get sidetracked by all that's going on back home," Clark informed me.

I would've argued that I didn't need her with me, as it's what I did most of the time, and usually, I got my way, but I agreed quickly, knowing it was for the best.

*

"Owen, I have a car out front waiting for us when you're ready." I read her text while I zipped my bag.

"Two minutes," I replied, double-checking one last time to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything.

After the short ride to the airport, we boarded the private plane and took off shortly thereafter.

"Is something bothering you, Owen?" Natalie asked once we leveled out.

"Nah, just haven't been sleeping well. It's just taking me some time to get used to not having to be constantly on the go," I lied.

"Well, if there's anything I can do, please let me know."

I knew she wanted to help, but this was something I would have to fight on my own.

"Thanks, but I'll be fine," I assured her.

After reclining my seat, I drifted off. Dreams had a funny way of making things seem so easy. In my dream, I showed Beth that Brad was cheating on her, and she jumped into my arms and kissed me passionately. She thanked me over and over and told me how she missed me so much. In appreciation for me saving her again from Brad, she gave me a blow job on the spot. She dropped to her knees and sucked my cock into her soft mouth for only a few moments before taking me into her throat. The muscles in her throat milked my shaft each time she swallowed.

"Fuck my mouth," she begged after pulling me from her mouth.

I shoved my dick back down her throat and set about doing just that. Pumping harder and faster, it was inevitable when I lodged my cock in her throat and began shooting long thick strings of cum directly into her stomach.

"Owen, we're here," Natalie said, tapping me on the shoulder and pulling me from the moment I was sharing with Beth in my dream.

"We're here?" I asked, looking around.

"Yes, Sir."

"How long have we been sitting on the tarmac?" I asked.

"Maybe an hour. I didn't have the heart to wake you up. You looked so peaceful, and we don't have to be on-site for another three hours. The only reason I woke you when I did, was just in case you wanted to stop and get a bite to eat since you didn't eat on the plane."

"Good call, I'm starving. Are you ready?"

"Only if you are," she smiled.

"Let's go," I said, standing up and moving from the plane to the waiting car.

"Sir, what's your name?" I asked the driver as I climbed in the back.

He had a name just like I did, and that's what I would use.

"My name is Logan Wilson, Sir. Is there something you need?"

"Yes, Logan, there is. Can you please take us to the best Mexican restaurant in the area? And no more of that, Sir shit, my name is Owen Walker, and this young lady is Natalie Cole."

"Yes, Sir. I mean... It's a pleasure to meet you, Owen and Natalie," he chuckled, putting the car into drive.

I loved Miami. It was always sunny, warm, and it made me think of Beth. The only family vacation we ever took was to Miami. It wasn't actually a vacation but a work convention for our father. He had just been promoted to manager, and his name was drawn out of a hat with two other employees to make the trip.

Beth and I had the best time that week running up and down the beach, building sandcastles, and burying each other in the sand while our father worked. We were carefree, and maybe that is why I loved it here so much. It reminded me of our last few months together. Except for this time, my thoughts of Beth were different, and I dreaded even being here.

Each day I spent in Miami was too long, and I struggled with the idea of Beth being with Brad. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why she would be so naive. By the time I stepped off the plane in New York City, I was in a different frame of mind. I called Clark and asked him to please postpone my interview because I wasn't in a good place mentally.