I Love Luci Ch. 12

Story Info
Lucifer is betrayed and Bast toys with an archangel.
5.3k words
4.69
3.4k
2
0

Part 12 of the 20 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 04/10/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

(Authors note: Sorry to take so long to update! Real life has been crazy and the holidays are really eating info my writing AND recording time! Will be trying to update chapters in written stories throughout the holidays! Happy Holidays, everyone!

T.

PS— sorry for the limited sex in this chapter; it is very much a turning point on the plot, however.)

Chapter 12: Betrayal

It hadn't taken him long to realize that Hermes had betrayed his trust. In hindsight, he was a fool for thinking the Olympians wouldn't harm a witch, despite it hardly being in their own self interest. Their existence was maintained solely by the worship of human beings, as any being of power, and at this point in mortal history, the Old Gods were kept breathing primarily by the rise of Neo-Paganism. Damaging or killing a devoted follower for any reason save the justly punitive would weaken them.

But... the Olympians has also gotten a bit of a boost with the rise of a popular children's book series in the last decade, which inspired millions of children to read the old myths and Lucifer suspected that their sudden surge of popularity made Zeus a bit cocky... ok, well, cocky... ER. And by extension the remainder of his pantheon.

The exception to the rule being Eros. There was so much hate still existing in the world that it wasn't easy for him to exist at all. That he did so and did so confidently had always impressed Lucifer Morningstar... to say nothing in their similar appreciation for all things sexual. He knew that Eros easily claimed a large part of Gwendolyn's worship as well as her heart and friendship. While, in her waking state before he appeared in her world, she rationalized Eros's presence in her life as something she dreamed. Same as with Herne, despite being bound to him as his Priestess.

Lucifer rolled up the parchment he had been writing upon and looked down at the note from Hermes that had appeared shortly after the time he was due to arrive with Gwen.

Morningstar,

Your lady is in the care of Hades and Persephone.

I was contracted to Steal her by my elder brother prior to your request to escort her to you this evening. While Thievery is a matter of course for me, I am seldom prone to betrayal. However, Hades wields more than a little power over my pantheon and I was under order to tell you nothing until the woman was under his care.

Now that she is, I am no longer bound to silence. I do not know why this has come to pass or what Hades plans. I will not leave her side but caution you highly against rash action. I will relay more if I am able.

Hermes

Lucifer wasn't one for letters and decrees. He was and always had been a creature of action. He had little time for words when pressed against the wall. Perhaps if he had more patience or was more inclined to not let his heart and fury lead him, Father wouldn't have been so quick to condemn him. But he was also not one to look backwards with regret; it was a waste of time and regret was for humans.

With a thought, his own letter in response to Hermes' message was gone and on its way to the fleet footed deity. It described in no uncertain terms what he would do to the Olympian Underworld should Gwendolyn not be returned to his side immediately. He wasn't certain what being in a realm of the dead would do to the highly sensitive little witch, but something told him it would not be good, given her sponge-like nature.

For once in his immortal life, Lucifer Morningstar was frightened.

"My Lord?" Asmodeus entered the room, looking more than a little concerned. "I was told you had need of me."

"Hades has taken it upon himself to intercede in my evening," Lucifer said darkly. Asmodeus was a Prince of Hell as well as a demon of temptation. As the former, he commanded a legion of demons and Lucifer had zero compunctions allowing the lot of them free reign on Hades' followers should it come to that. For Gwendolyn and Evangeline, he would do far worse. "Ready your subordinates. If we must tear down the walls between our Hell and Hades' Underworld to remind him which of us has the bigger dick, I intend to stand ready."

Asmodeus hesitated. "To break our truce with the Old Gods would mean war, Sir. War that could warp reality." He gave Lucifer a long, hard look, his eyes flashing red and showing the demonic nature that hid behind the human mask he wore. Today, his mask was a mid-forties black man, tall, bald and broad shouldered. He looked both strong and dignified in a well tailored pinstripe suit, complete with onyx tie tack and cuff links. Firelight from the hearth glinted off the single gold and diamond stud in one ear.

"Warp reality... don't be so dramatic," Lucifer said disgustedly. "End the world? Maybe. I would imagine that fact should encourage Hades to accede to my wishes. "He met Asmodeus's worried gaze with finality. "I will have her returned to me."

"Will you finally desist with this ridiculous bargain and just *take* the woman, then?" Asmodeus said with exasperation.

"She wouldn't survive here." Lucifer sank into the massive leather chair near the crackling hearth with an almost defeated sigh. "This place would destroy her. I know it in my gut."

"Lucifer, you know I will do whatever you ask," Asmodeus said gently. "But all of this... over one human witch... your followers are beginning to question whether you are still their Master at all."

The blackness that suffused the room was total save for the glowing red of burning coals that were his eyes, as Lucifer dropped his human image and all restraints on his Power. "She is MINE, and that is all any of you need know. She summoned me. She yields to me and is bound to me until such time as I deem otherwise. If anyone wishes to question my resolve on this, let him come forward and face me. He will leave with his entrails in his own hand and his tongue in *my* pocket."

Asmodeus lowered his gaze and dropped to one knee within the black void of Lucifer's overwhelming anger and said softly: "I understand, my Lord."

"If you weren't my strong right hand, Asmodeus, I might question your loyalty." The inky blackness coalesced into the form so many believed him to possess in actuality: a great red beast complete with vicious curving black horns, leathery wings and the legs of a cloven animal. His completely black eyes fell on the prostrate demon with a look so cold that Asmodeus could almost feel the chill of the gaze over his flesh. "Find the Olympian named Eros. He is the only Greek I would trust right now and he may be of use." Asmodeus rose smoothly to his feet and gave a bow before exiting the chamber without another word.

Lucifer closed his eyes. This body... this he had not truly dared to show either of the women that lived in Gwen's body. This... this was how the bulk of humanity saw him. A god's image to humans was generally whatever that human truly believed they looked like. The more powerful the deity, the more control they had over their visage to the mortal gaze, but just as their faith was the lifeblood of a god, so too was their perception of that good their own personal truth and could often control how said god appeared to them.

But Gwen hadn't seen him like this. Her first image of him was as a dashing British actor portraying a comic book inspired version of him. She had thought fondly of him. Desired him, genuinely. It... touched him. More than anything so small had in a very long while. Eons, maybe. She... she had looked on the Devil with compassion. Believed the best of him. Did not see the evil he seemed almost unable to keep from committing... because it was believed so widely that was all he was. But when he was with either her or Evangeline, he might have been selfish or self-involved but he was never evil. Millions called him "The Prince of Lies", but she believed to her core that he never lied... and so, in her presence, he never had. Save once. And that lie he wouldn't ever believe was bad, as it won him first her time, then her trust. And now? He knew she cared for him. Felt affection for him. But did she love him, even a little? Because if someone like her could love him... maybe he wasn't as lost as he always feared himself to be.

Thinking of her, allowing his heart to soften at the image of her in his mind also caused his form to revert back to the image she seemed to prefer... pale blond hair, dark blue eyes, square jaw and lean build. It was actually not far from how he first came into being, as an archangel and light bearer. When he was still pure.

How Father must be *loving* this, he thought with a bitter smile. To see his favorite son who had said he would never love human beings finding himself falling in love with one... there was a bitter irony there.

Eros was at his door within the hour. He looked furious.

"You don't have to tell me," said the Olympian, raking a hand through his short wavy blond hair. He had a distinct Karl Urban look to his features and Lucifer had to school his features to show nothing, but he suspected Eros was as infatuated with Gwendolyn and Evie we he was. "My father took her to Hades."

"Have you seen her?" Lucifer asked gesturing to Eros's current form.

"No. I wish that was why. Had business to attend to... lovely girls, both. But one was a fan of 'Xena:Warrior Princess'."

Lucifer arched a brow and fought not to laugh. "Gwendolyn would love it."

"She always does. Doesn't let me wear this face while fucking her, however." He looked bewildered by that. "She thinks it's weird because I'm not him... she says it's like she was fucking HIM without his consent."

*That* did make him burst out laughing and he felt less angry. "I have never used the face she saw when we met in our play," Lucifer rubbed his chin, contemplative. "I think she's being purposely obtuse to avoid giving into a fantasy she is embarrassed about," he mused.

"Oh, I *know* that is it. She radiates sexual energy when I try to coax her into it. But you know as well as I, with her history, waiting until she is ready is oftentimes necessary lest we harm her already fragile mind." Eros tilted his head and regarded his friend. "But I don't need to tell you that, do I? You love her."

Lucifer allowed a moment before answering. He wasn't going to fool the God of Love. But to say it made it real. And she was in danger, even if Hades meant her no harm at all. He understood instantly his sudden loss of fury and worry had dissolved the moment Eros entered the room. Eros couldn't affect him if he felt no love.

And he couldn't remember the last time he loved at all.

"Yes." He turned and at looked Eros, clad in full Grecian garb, taking a moment to shake off the famous face, though he left the clothing in tact, far preferring the freedom of a toga to jeans or slacks. That, and it was easier for dressing around his large white wings. "Will you help me get her back? Even if it means going against your father and great-uncle?"

Eros's eyes flashed a cold light, like aurora borealis across the iris, and nodded once. "I am with you."

"Go to her, please. Protect her as best you can. I am going to get reinforcements. perhaps we can take her back without breaking all treaties and political bonds with Olympus."

"I will. Be careful, Lu."

—————————

"Did you know?" Lucifer didn't bother with niceties as he stepped between his Hell and Herne's Grove.

Herne raised his antlered head from the quiet conversation he had been having with another man and Lucifer immediately recognized the Olympian Dionysus. The Greek was clad in an eggplant purple suit with a black collarless dress shirt and no tie beneath. He was, however, wearing a black vest embroidered with tiny grapevines.

Lucifer arched a brow at the tall Greek God and gave an obvious assessing glance at his attire. Dionysus brushed the arm of his coat lightly. "I was out seeing 'Hamilton' again," he said a little defensively. "I like that Miranda kid. My people are working on getting him into some HBO work. Something to make people forget that awful Mary Poppins fiasco!"

"Fine, D. You look great," Lucifer conceded. "Are you aware of what your uncle is doing?"

"*I* am aware," Herne's voice was low with fury. "And that is why Dionysus is missing his evening in Puerto Rico." At Dionysus's look of protest, Herne growled. It was a deep, animal sound but it seemed natural to him.

"I am still uncertain why you think I can do a damn thing," Dionysus sighed, and leaned against the side of Herne's stone chair in the center of a lush English grove. "She doesn't know me."

"And why is that?" Lucifer asked with genuine curiosity. "She seems to be everything you would want in a Priestess."

"No," Dionysus shook his head almost sadly. "Her need for control. Her inability to just... be free. She cannot let go enough to let me in. And while I would not mind at all to receive her worship, she is simply not ready yet."

"Fair," Lucifer agreed. He had been to more than a few of D.'s parties and they weren't for the faint of heart. He was sure Evangeline could handle it... but he worried about Gwendolyn's innocence. He couldn't help but fantasize what debauchery she would gleefully sink into were she to spend much time in Dionysus's realm. Going wild and mindless with lust and passion...

"Dad-damnit will you *quit* it, D.?" Lucifer snarled as his body reacted to the images of his sweet Gwen on her knees before him, her eyes glazed over, her warm hands and hot mouth engulfing his—

"Oh, he's got it *bad*," Dionysus said seriously to Herne who was looking at Lucifer the way that father looks at a boy he had just discovered was fucking his daughter.

"I will deal with *that* later," Herne grumbled and stood up from his stone chair. He gathered up the bow and quiver that lay beside his massive chair and slipped them over his shoulders. "For this moment, Gwendolyn is my concern and if you will not help me, Dionysus—"

"Did at any point I ever say that? I said 'I didn't know *how* to help, not that I didn't want to." Dionysus said firmly. Herne paused and nodded once in understanding. "Hades is a creature of habit and strict scruples," Dionysus said. "He wouldn't risk what may come of this without good reason."

"I sent Eros to her side," Lucifer told the other two celestials. "He will see to her health and try to extract her from the Underworld if he is so able."

"He won't be," Herne said quietly. "Love is powerful and can exist in death... but it cannot overpower it. I suspect I may need to intercede." He checked the hunting knife in its sheath at his waist to ensure smooth drawing before his golden eyes fell squarely on Lucifer. "While I am angry she vanished under your care, I know that you wouldn't see her harmed had you the choice. I can see you care for her in a way that even I don't entirely understand. Her physical safety is my primary concern... but have a care for her mental and emotional stability if you continue to court her affections, Morningstar. And never forget she is mine."

Lucifer felt anger stir at the territorial words but pushed them back down. He had enough problems with the Olympians. He didn't need to piss off a second pantheon. "I recognize she is first and foremost your Priestess, above all else she may opt to be," he said, as diplomatically as he knew how. Herne seemed satisfied with the vague assurance and said no more. "I will send word when she is safe, Morningstar." Then, Stepped out of his own realm and into The Underworld.

—————

Two days passed since he had gotten Herne's message that read simply: "She is safe and secure in an undisclosed location. Her husband and child have been dealt with."

Dealt with?! Without even thinking, Lucifer had Stepped between the planes to her home, pounding on the door. A man in his late 40s, with salt and pepper hair and calm, golden-brown eyes opened the door and regarded him silently. Lucifer felt his image shift and saw the recognition fill the man's bearded face.

"Lucifer," Sean said, blinking, looking genuinely surprised. Lucifer glanced at his reflection in the window beside the front door and a young Pre-Lord-of-the-Rings Viggo Mortenson was staring back at him.

"The Prophecy? *Really?*" Lucifer drawled, arching a brow at the shorter man.

"It's one of Gwennie's favorite movie series'. " Sean confirmed with a smile. "Um. Why are you here? Didn't Gwen mention she had to fly down to California to see her family?"

Lucifer hesitated. He could tell Sean. Clearly, he had been given false information or else Herne had altered his thoughts and implanted that "memory" of Gwen leaving for a bit. But would it serve anyone's best interests to worry the man? Lucifer reasoned that what the man didn't know couldn't hurt him.

"Yes," Lucifer said almost awkwardly. "Just... checking in to make sure her family is safe in her absence..."

"Aw, that is such a Gwen thing to have asked you to do." Lucifer did not correct the shower man who stepped back and held open the door invitingly. "Care to come in? Gwen will kill me if she thinks I just made you stand on the porch."

Lucifer hesitated. He wanted to. He wanted to see where she spent her days. He wanted to know the man she loved, even if it hurt a little. He wanted to know her daughter, whom she loved so dearly. Even Ev did, though she would be loathe to admit it. But now wasn't the time.

"Another time, Sean," Lucifer responded with a quick smile. He nodded in farewell and returned to wait for word from Herne, or else to tear into Hades with every ounce of his power. Stone by stone.

——

When further information arrived later the following night, a full 24-hours past the first, it was not at all what he was expecting. When he entered the rather dim yet imposing throne room in the center of Hell, one the smaller servant demons that kept fires lit in his domain scuttled up to him to whisper: "Master ought to take refreshment in his study... an emissary from Lord Herne is waiting. She asks with all confidence and urgency to relay this message to none other than The Morningstar Himself."

The tiny daemon wasn't even three feet high. While he was clad in a tiny linen vest complete with charming tie, he wasn't strong enough to even glamor a human image over his tiny, bronze scaled body. His tiny bat-like wings were folded over his chest and shoulders to look nothing so much as like a tiny bronze leather cloak snug about his otherwise fearsome little frame. His face was all massive black eyes and an angular snout. His name was Mulligan Nox, and while Lucifer as a rule didn't trust any demon much, Mull had been a servant for millennia and had never once shown anything but complete devotion.

"Thank you, Mulligan," Lucifer said quietly, meeting the minute daemon's fathomless gaze. "Do make sure that we are not disturbed."

"Is the girl safe?" Mull asked, his voice hesitant. Ordinarily, Lucifer would have reminded the servitor his place, but there was something in the tremble of his voice that made Lucifer lean on his —for lack of a better term— better angels.

"What do you know of her?" he asked almost gently.

Mull scuttled back a step, as if he had instead been anticipating a blow to the head rather than polite inquiry. "The Greater Demons don't see creatures like Mulligan, sire. They speak freely. We know Our Master has been distracted by a mortal woman. One you do not bring here, and do not let the others like Asmodeus, Molok or Azazel play with her, either. Even the Mistress of the Veils is said to be jealous."

"That isn't hard for Salome."

"No... but... since Lord Lucifer has had this woman, he is..." Mull seemed to need a minute to say whatever was on his mind tactfully. "He has been kinder." Once more the little creature seemed to stand firm, prepared to be hit. Something within Lucifer caved to a small inclination of shame.

12