All Comments on 'I Was an Arrogant Son of a Bitch'

by Ephesus14

Sort by:
  • 136 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Like your stories glad you're "back".

GumpershnickalGumpershnickalabout 2 years ago

I like the idea. but the wife became a caricature. I feel like you couldn't figure out how to make it work so you just made her go full imma abandon my kids and become a drug runner psycho

Helen1899Helen1899about 2 years ago

Glad your writing again, losing all your good stuff would have put most writers off. If this is anything to go by, your getting better I thought it one of your best 5*

Sadly I have no copy of my story ( which you wrote) or I would let u have it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story. That’s all she wrote!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

CC didn't accept that Jake , the father of her children , had changed . No second chance for him even though the kids could see he was different .

Steve shows his true nature and gets forgiven time after time !!!

Maybe it's the drugs ..... maybe it's just as someone said , " bitches be crazy " .

4 *

DK

AutistAdventurerAutistAdventurerabout 1 year ago

Welcome back. I've sent you a link so you can't recover all your stories. Your writing is as good as it ever was.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I enjoy your writing. Clicked on the story because I remembered quality writing. Welcome back!

Opinionated1Opinionated1about 1 year ago

i agree with your other commenters.

excellent story! In retrospect, maybe the problems between Jake and CC weren't all Jake's fault after all..

CC was very unstable and likely never had her first 'bad boy' love out of her heart while she badgered Jake

for his self centered nature

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wasn't anything to dislike about this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I thought it was a good story. Jake had flaws and some inconsistencies, which made his character believable. Sometimes, this genre morphs into “flawless husband betrayed by promiscuous shrew” and I think you did well to avoid the cliché.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 year ago

Once a little bastard like that worms his way into a girl’s heart, her life is fucked.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief12 months ago

What a twisted story.... in a good way lol. At first I was pissed at Jake for being such an ass, then it was CCs turn at being the ass. Still had some hope for the two of them but when it was found out that Smothers had been at her house for four days, that was the end of any chance they may have had. Glad that Jake let her go her way. Good reading story that gets five stars.

JusteenKJusteenK11 months ago

You seem to have a penchant for writing about mentally ill women. Your heroes seem to bed them, wed them and then shed them.

Maybe write a story about a stupid cheating husband just for once. It may expand your repertoire.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great story, Ephesus, thanks for it. As for “mentally ill women” (JustineK), CC wasn’t mentally ill until the douchebad Jimmy got hold of her. Her ex certainly had issues, that’s why she left him. But he changed for the better. She didn’t.

As I said, a great story, certainly worthy of Five Stars.

Dee

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Umm another brain dead, delusional wife from this author. Was she meant to be a real character or a caricature? Her idiocy was stunning.

silentsoundsilentsound9 months ago

CC doesn't really make sense?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

@silentsound

CC makes much sense... there are a multitude of women out in the real world just like her... I was married to one.

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut9 months ago

A lovely gentle meandering story. Happy to give 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Agitprop. Cc was a well balanced individual then changed completely at the drop of a hat? Seems implausible.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA8 months ago

The story flipped and flopped personalities at the drop of a hat. I realize that the scenes set tried to explain the actions of the M/C's but I think it fell short by such wide deviations

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Entertaining but a bit chaotic and crazy. I get that the idea was to have one character be redeemed from husband arrogance and terrible personality, while the other alid into the abyss of Shane and low self respect. But CC was a dichotomy. The CC who separated from and then divorced Jacob (and rightfully so, by his own admission) was not the same as the one who eroded to being a lackey and sympathetic witness to Jimmy. I get that she was depressed after the divorce, wondering why she made such a poor choice with marrying Jacob, and she was charmed and seduced by Jimmy who was the total opposite of Jacob (especially after his therapy). Leading up to Las Vegas, her behavior regarding her kids is erratic but nit ridiculous, except she is now blind to the fact her kids despise Jimmy, which was a deciding factor with her divorce of Jacob. Huh? Safe bet that she married Jimmy in Vegas. But then Kimmy's criminal behavior and her own, plus the recordings of her attitude regarding letting her kids be exposed to unsafe situations, lead to her losing custody of the kids, who are all too happy to have nothing to do with Jimmy. But suddenly she despite being thrnvictim of domestic abuse, she disappears, abandoning her kids, and ends up going along with being a drug mule for suppliers in Colombia? She only skates becausse she couldn't keep down the condoms filled with cocaine. Jimmy goes to jail, and she shows back up.aghast at the mortgage fraud, and slowly rebuilding her life and being with her kids. And bam Jimmy shows up and ignoring she screwed him (who cares at this point), she conspires to help him escape and them moves to Texas to be near him, abandoning her kids? Wtf? It is like she became a cultist ready to drink Jimmy's KoolAid. Yeah definitely a dichotomy. It was like.watching a previously string adult woman, being brainwashed by Jimmy the Con, but worse, her relationship with hernkids just died by her own choosing. Meh.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19697 months ago

excellent analysis Anonymous. CC was a mess of a character.

story really needs more to tie up the loose ends

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine7 months ago

I liked the story. I was so afraid that Jimmy would molest the children and then Jacob spend time in jail for great bodily harm.

HighBrowHighBrow7 months ago

Very engaging Femdom agitprop, more realistic than fantastic.

Calico75Calico757 months ago

Good story. The very end is lacking somehow. There are authors who have a gift of writing a great last line. This story really needs one.

J6480J64806 months ago

Good tale, nice twists neat endpoint

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Not s bad effort, and the story was well told. The ending lacked...something. Four solid stars from me.

JPB

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x6 months ago

"Had you let me take them to Disneyworld, none of this would have happened." - Let's see, he was going to do her a favor and watch the kids on her week so she could go on vacation, but she wouldn't let HIM take them out of state, then SHE takes them out of state.

\

HE'S an "arrogant son of a bitch," but his wife sees no problem with Smothers and his prison buddies?

NickTeeNickTee6 months ago

Solid... It had a feeling of reality and the well paced telling worked for me

oldtwitoldtwit5 months ago

A good one, as stories to on her you made a lot out of the plot, put a lot of detail in, I liked the characters, even the CC, as you started this, people change and the heart isn't always a good chooser of who it likes or loves.

But best of all is that last paragraph, loved it. Payback

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

So he is an asshole but comes up smelling of roses and the wife becomes the asshole. Bit of a misogynist are you.

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

Still enjoy, Thanks Ephesus! More please.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

I won’t blame MC for CC’s change, but… I think asking her not to come around anymore did set up the end game. I feel a bit bad for her. She dealt with two assholes in her life who led her wrong. She, in the end, chose also to do wrong, but it probably wasn’t a healthy thing to have much of your formative years surrounded by bad people.

DazzyDDazzyD9 days ago

A friend told me once that, some times a person's greatest strength could also be A great weakness. Too true!

This guy i used to work for told me, "people don't change”. I believe you have to change otherwise you will just grow stagnant and stop and die.

The MC here certainly changed!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userEphesus14@Ephesus14
Just recently returned to Lit. after my name and stories disappeared. Several readers have copies of my stories and I am working on getting them re-posted. I am a Retired Army Vet who enjoys writing, wine, theatre and travel; especially cruising. Some of the people I've met h...

SIMILAR Stories