I Will Love You Forever Pt. 2 Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers

"She said around eight," Patricia replied as she washed the last dish, rinsed it and handed it to Kenji. "She's planning to stay until the afternoon so that we can sleep in."

Abby arrived just before eight. Kenji had just finished the last story for the night and was going to help the children get ready for bed.

"Let me do that," Abby offered.

"Thank you, but no," Kenji replied. "This is one of the things that I missed when I was away.

Together Kenji and Patricia got Niko and Marie ready for bed and sat with them until they were asleep. Afterwards, they talked with Abby.

"I can't tell you how proud I am of you," she said. "I know that Ralph would be just as proud."

"None of this would have been possible without your help," Kenji replied.

"You would have found a way, but you're welcome," Abby replied. "I have an idea that I want you to think about. Niko and Marie are getting too big to be sharing a room. The house that I'm in now has three bedrooms and half a bathroom in addition to the full one. The basement is finished so it would be an easy matter to turn it into an extra bedroom/ study space. What I'm suggesting is that we swap houses."

Kenji and Patricia looked at each other and then back at Abby.

"We will talk about it," Kenji said, "but won't going up and down the stairs be difficult for you? Your current home is on one floor."

"That isn't a problem," Abby replied. 'I'm still steady on my feet. As I said, just think about it. Speaking of stairs, I think I'll go up to bed. I have a new book that I want to start."

After giving each of them a hug and kiss, Abby slowly climbed the stairs.

"We can't let her move back in here," Patricia said when Abby was out of earshot. "If she falls down the stairs, she could be on the floor for hours before anyone finds her."

"I agree, but we don't have to decide now," Kenji said as he stood and then held out a hand to her. When she took it, he pulled her to her feet and led her to the basement."

"Kenji what if..."

"Later," Kenji said as he pulled her along.

When they were in the basement, he stopped and turned toward Patricia.

"Are you ready for me?"

"Not quite... I need to change and..."

"Is the device in place?"

"Yes but..."

"Then you are ready-Kirei, I have missed the feel of your body next to mine," he said as he bent down to kiss her. "I have missed waking up, kissing your shoulder and then falling back to sleep holding you tight against me. This past week, as wonderful as it has been was missing something-you."

"I'm with you in spirit," Patricia said as she pulled his shirt out of his slacks and began to unbutton it. She ran her hands under his t-shirt stopping to pinch his nipples. Kenji sighed in contentment.

"Kirei, undress for me. I want to look at you."

Patricia stepped back and undressed letting the dress fall to the floor around her feet. With her eyes on Kenji's face, she slowly removed the bra and then finally the panties. She watched Kenji's breath quicken and the bulge in his slacks grow until it strained against the fabric.

"Your turn," she whispered. She licked her lips as he shrugged off his shirt and tossed it to a chair. The t-shirt was next and then the slacks. Kenji stood before her dressed in only his briefs. Patricia's mouth watered at the thought of tasting him. She felt moisture gathering between her legs as she walked toward him. When she was standing in front of him, she reached into his briefs and pulled his engorged member out and lovingly stroked it.

Kenji closed his eyes enjoying the feel of her soft hand on his cock. Suddenly, he could wait no longer. He took the briefs off, took hold of Patricia's arms and guided her to the bed. She no sooner than had her legs open than he was inside of her moaning at the contact.

"Oh Kirei- you feel so good... don't move yet...don't..." even as he said it, he began moving against her.

He bent down and kissed her gently at first and then with more urgency. Patricia returned the kiss writhing beneath him. She cried out when he left her lips and went to the sensitive spot behind her ear and sucked on it. She buried her face in his shoulder and screamed into it as she came. Kenji came with a muffled moan just after Patricia did."

Afterwards, he lay on top of her reluctant to move. Only when he slipped out of her did he roll off and pull her into his arms. Neither of them spoke for several minutes as they caught their breath. Patricia kissed his chest and then laid her head on it.

"Tell me about your week," Kenji said when she was settled.

****

Mai looked out into the warm California sunshine and made a decision. She wasn't going back to Boston when she was done with her residency and she wasn't going to marry Shotaro. The thing was that she couldn't say anything until after she was through with the program and had taken boards. If she said anything sooner, her father would stop paying her expenses and make her go back to Boston. The wedding to Shotaro would happen immediately and she would be trapped.

"What are you thinking about?" her sister Ani asked as she poured orange juice into the glass in front of Mai.

"Nothing really- it really is beautiful here. I could learn to like it here."

"Well maybe after Shotaro is finished his residency, he'll move here and you can live here. When is he coming to visit?"

"I don't know. His schedule is very busy," Mai replied hoping that he never came.

"You must miss him," Ani said. "I couldn't be away from Jiro like that."

"So you love him?" Mai asked.

Ani and Jiro's marriage had been an arranged one just as hers and Shotaro's was. If Ani had been upset about being made to marry someone that she barely knew, she hadn't shown it.

"What does that have to do with it?" Ani asked. "Jiro is gentle, sweet and kind. It could have been worse. It could have been some old man who wanted a slave instead of a wife."

"So you don't love him?" Mai asked.

"I don't dislike him," Ani replied evading the question.

"Don't you think that you should more than like him?" Mai asked thinking of Kenji and the way that he had spoken to his wife and children.

"I don't know... we're not the ones to decide these things. But- it pressed for an answer, I more than like Jiro. I guess I would have to say that I love him. But why are you asking these questions about love? Have you met someone?"

"No," Mai lied. "Well, just a fellow intern who happens to be Japanese. Don't worry, he's married and has children. And besides, father would never forgive me if I went against his wishes. I am only here because you're here and Shotaro agreed to let me come."

"What does this intern have to do with your questions?" Ani asked. "And that's another thing, I have to agree with father; I don't understand why Shotaro agreed to let you leave Boston. Shouldn't you have accepted the position at his hospital? That way you could have gotten to know each other better."

Mai tried to think of a good answer. She had forgotten how astute her sister was.

"I hear him talking to his wife and children-Ani, the love that he has for them is clear in his voice. He always ends the call by telling them that he loves them. The other interns-even the married ones are already chasing the nurses, but not him. When the day is over, he goes to dinner and then to his room. As far as Shotaro is concerned, I was as surprised as you that he agreed to let me come here."

"Mai, be careful. I recognize that tone in your voice when you spoke of the intern. He is married and as you say, he loves his family. Even if that weren't the case, you are betrothed to Shotaro."

"I realize that, I was simply answering your question," Mai replied. "So what are the plans for today?" she asked changing the subject.

Ani gave her a sharp glance and then answered the question.

"Jiro is gone on a business trip and won't be back until tomorrow night so I thought that we could do some shopping and send a few things to father."

Relieved that Ani had let the subject of Kenji drop, Mai quickly agreed to go shopping.

"I have some things to do for the hospital, but it can wait until later."

As they got ready to go, she wondered what Kenji was doing and if his wife loved him as much as he apparently loved her.

****

Saul couldn't wait any longer. During one of his lunch breaks he called Nick.

"It's been weeks, what's happening?"

"I told you that this would take time," Nick replied. "Your family is still safe and we're looking for present and former inmates who will attest to what you told us, but so far; no one's talking."

"What about your friend Charles? I thought that he had connections."

"He does," Nick replied. "But Saul, it's only been a few weeks. The longer we keep this under wraps the better. If Ellis suspects that we're gunning for him, people will start disappearing and he will go after you, your family and anyone else that he thinks will turn on him. I know that it's hard, but you have to be patient. Is there anything that you need?"

"No. I guess I'm a little anxious," Saul replied.

"That's perfectly understandable," Nick said. "I'll tell you what; do you still go to the library on Thursdays?"

"Yes."

"It isn't that far from me, so every Thursday I'll stop by and leave a note for you at the desk. A blank note will mean nothing and my initials will tell you to call me. Will that help ease some of your anxiety?"

"I think so," Saul replied. "Thank you."

He hung up feeling a little better about that situation, but now concern about another matter took precedence: Harry.

Over the summer his attitude had become surlier. When Saul asked him about it, Harry told Saul that he was imagining things. If Saul pushed, Harry got angry and told him to mind his business. Instead of eating lunch together, Harry began eating lunch with Dewey and a few others that Saul didn't know. When he asked the others about the group, they became evasive. Finally one of the luggage boys pulled him aside.

"Looky here," he said in a harsh whisper. "All you gots to know is that your white ass is safe. If you don't keep your questions to yourself it won't stay that way no matter what Harry says."

Before Saul could say anything, the man stalked off.

****

Two weeks later, Saul nervously got ready for church. He was shaved, showered and dressed long before anyone else was. He was so nervous that he couldn't eat breakfast.

"Saul? Are you alright?" Cora asked.

"I'm fine ma'am," Saul said as he tried to eat.

Reggie eyed him up and down and then grinned.

"It's a female! Look at him! He's shaved, his shirt is ironed... so who is she? Where are you meeting her?"

Saul hesitated and decided to answer the question truthfully.

"I'm meeting her at church."

"Church?" Joshua asked surprised. "You found a white woman who will step inside of a black church?"

Saul squirmed in his seat. Noah's question about the kind of man he was went through his mind.

"No sir, she attends our church."

Three pairs of eyes stared at him, but it was Cora who spoke first.

"Saul, honey; who are you talking about?"

"I don't know her name-yet, but I plan on finding out today."

"Saul, you know that we love you as if you were family-in fact, we consider you family," Joshua said, "so I'm going to talk to you like family. Saul, I don't' know what you're thinking, but no good can come of it."

"Why? Is it because I'm white? You know, you all preach that in the eyes of god we're all the same, so why does it matter?"

"Because it's not the eyes of god that we're talking about," Joshua replied, "it's the eyes of man and his eyes aren't forgiving."

"First of all, aside from seeing me at church, she doesn't know that I exist so this discussion may be a moot point. But- if after today she expresses an interest in getting to know me better, then I'll pursue it. Before you say it, I know and understand what I may be getting into, but like everything that I've been through, I'll take it as it comes."

"Well damn," Reggie said after a few minutes. 'I think I might have to stick around to see how this plays out."

****

Isadora got ready for church, ate breakfast and did some reading while the others got ready. After church she planned to sit in the back yard and write a letter to her parents and Mr. Whitman. What she wanted was for him to keep her informed of the doings and whereabouts of the four that kept her focused.

"Izzy! We're ready to go! Lenny called.

"Coming!" she called back as she grabbed her purse and fan.

The church was half full when they got there giving them a good selection of seats. They sat toward the back so that Bella or Lenny could take restless children out for a bit of fresh air with minimal disturbance. For some reason, to Isadora; once the service started; it seemed to drag. She could have sworn that the pastor's sermon went much longer than its usual hour, but when she looked at her watch, only minutes had ticked by. To help pass the time, in her mind she began to draft a letter to Whitman. She had to find a way of asking for his help without telling him why she wanted the information.

Finally, after what seemed to be hours, the service was over. She turned to speak to the people who were sitting behind her and stopped.

****

Saul walked into the church looking for a place to sit when he saw Isadora sitting near the back of the church. There were two empty seats behind her and no one looked interested in them. He tapped Joshua on the shoulder and pointed to the empty chairs telling him that's where he was going to sit. Joshua looked at him, started to say something, but nodded and walked away.

He slid into the seat behind Isadora and only half listened to the service. He was thinking about what Joshua said about the eyes of man, but he kept thinking about the eyes of god. The bottom line was who he was going to listen to- god or man. By the end of the service, he decided to listen to himself and god. If the beautiful woman sitting in front of him wasn't meant for him, then so be it. But he wasn't going to let what anyone said or thought keep him from finding out.

Saul didn't see Noah sitting far to the back and in a corner watching and waiting to see what would happen. As soon as the benediction had been said, Saul stood up. Oddly, he was no longer nervous as he waited for Isadora to stand and turn around.

When she saw him, he saw a trace of fear and then apprehension. A second later, the look was gone replaced by a guarded curiosity.

"Hello, my name is Saul Mullins," he said and offered his hand.

After several seconds, Isadora offered her hand.

"Hello, I'm Isadora Hughes."

Noah nodded and smiled in approval as he stood to leave. Saul had just passed a major test.

***

Each time Kenji was home and then had to leave was as difficult as the first time, but they all adjusted. The exchanging of notebooks helped and the fact that Patricia was back in school also helped. It wasn't until Kenji's second time home that he mentioned Mai.

"She is one of the few female interns there which is difficult, but she is also one of the few Japanese interns as well."

"So why is she latching onto you?" Patricia asked fully aware that she was sounding like a jealous woman.

"I was the first Japanese intern that she met," Kenji replied. "I am sure that you'll meet her when you come to have lunch with me."

"When is that?" she asked excitedly forgetting about Mai. "I have to set up baby-sitting for the kids."

"You are already at school on Thursday and I also come home that day. I will meet you at the hospital cafeteria and we can come home together. You will have to wait for me for a couple of hours, but you can study while you wait."

"That sounds wonderful!" Patricia replied.

As always, it was hard to watch Kenji go, but knowing that she would see him a few hours earlier on Thursday helped.

"Oh, by the way," she said, "make sure that you look in your notebook-the one that you take your notes in. I think that there may be something in there for you."

"Are you going to give me a clue?" Kenji asked as he reached for his bag.

"No and you have to wait until later to look, you're going to be late."

Kenji looked at the clock and grimaced. Patricia was right. He still needed to read with the children before he left.

He read the story, kissed the children and then Patricia.

"I will call you and the children later."

"Okay and let me know what you find in your notebook," she said hugging him.

A few minutes later, Kenji was gone.

****

Kenji got to the hospital early enough to have his choice of rooms. But his room of choice was on the top floor. It eliminated the sounds of people walking across the ceiling above him and he had access to the roof where he practiced his martial arts during his down time. There was no problem with getting the room because it was on the top floor. He had met the resident who used the room once and they had decided to save the room for each other. Kenji was pleased that the other student was as meticulous as he was and that he didn't have to clean before he could unpack.

Once unpacked, Kenji decided to see what was in his notebook. He sat on the narrow cot and took the notebook out and opened it. Glued to the inside cover was a picture of Patricia and the children. Underneath it was a caption-'we love you!' He touched the picture and smiled. Just as he put the notebook down, another picture fell out. It was identical to the one taped to the book. Kenji held it in his hands for several seconds before deciding where to put it. Moments later, it was taped to the wall beside the bed.

The week passed quickly. Before he knew it, Thursday had arrived. His bags were already packed and the room cleaned for the intern who would be using the room after him. The last thing he did was to take the photograph down and to put it in his bags. He left the room, locked the door behind him and headed for the cafeteria.

***

Mai had spent the week when she wasn't busy trying to find out about Kenji without being obvious. All she heard was that he had been among those interred and that he was brilliant as a student. She also heard that the hospital was planning to make him an offer to stay after his residency. That she discounted as being a rumor. She heard nothing about his family other than he loved them to a distraction- but then she already knew that. Every so often she would offer a bit of personal information about herself in the hopes that he would reciprocate. So far it hadn't happened. She watched him as he interacted with the female nurses and interns and once again noticed that he was nothing but professional. Even when he was blatantly flirted with, he ignored it. She wondered how different he would be in a social setting.

The week sped by for her as well. The only time she saw Kenji was during the pre and post round conferences. Every so often she would see him open his notebook, look at something in it and then touch it. She wondered if whatever it was had something to do with superstition although he hadn't struck her as the superstitious type. Sometime on Wednesday, she saw him talking to another resident and made a decision. She was going to ask him to lunch the next day.

Thursday morning, Mai dressed with care. She knew that she was treading on thin ice, but she couldn't seem to stop herself. Ani's warnings rang in her head, but she ignored them and told herself that she was inviting Kenji to lunch as a thank you for his kindness. She pushed thoughts of her obligations to Shotaro and her father out of her mind as she double checked her hair and applied a thin layer of lipstick.

"This isn't a date," she murmured under her breath as she wiped the lipstick off.

She met Kenji at the cafeteria with a bright smile.

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers