"I'll see You in the morning."

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There were no tears, only anger, and there would be pain, not only mine. I went back to the table; they were all still there. There was an obvious split as there was an argument going on, Stephen and Denise were shouting at the other four. As I walked up, they could see I was extremely angry. I said to Dee. "The next time you see her, you tell her this is divorce."    

I looked at Edward and Dave and said to them. "The next time I see you, you had better turn the other way and run. Because I will grab the biggest stick I can find and beat the living shit out of you. and I suggest you stay away from dark places from now on in."    

I turned and walked away from her friends.

I went up to our room, packed my belongings and went home. I left hers there. Now I cried.    

Our two children Sean and Carrie were at her parents, so the house was empty, they were due to be picked up Sunday evening.    

I spent the night walking up and down our living room wondering what the fuck I'd done wrong. I went to our home gym in the garage and started riding the bike harder and harder. That didn't work so I turned to the whiskey, but after a couple, that was not the answer either and then I saw the sun coming up. It was 4:00 o'clock in the morning. I went outside and watched it, still wondering what I'd done wrong. I think I finally dozed off in one of the garden chairs. I woke up to the sound of children playing. I wandered indoors and made some coffee, wondering what time in the morning the slut would get home. And I waited. I already had a plan of action, and she wouldn't like it, but I didn't care.

The sound of the ice cream van drew me to the front of the house, it would be nice to look at some happy people. I heard the car before I saw it. It was gone 1:00 o'clock. So much for "I'll see you in the morning." I saw them pull up, and so did everyone in the queue for ice cream. He walked round and opened the door for her and held his hand out. In that dress she would need a hand to get out of the car, it was so low. He kissed her on the cheek, looked towards the house and grinned. She walked to the house smiling, past the queue at the ice cream van. Could it get any worse?    

She got to the house, she didn't have her keys with her, so she knocked on the front door. I didn't open it. I just sat there waiting, I heard the back door open, and she came into the living room. She walked up to me and said, "I'm sorry sweetheart, that was a mistake. I shouldn't have done that."    

"If it was a mistake, why did you not get home till past one o'clock in the afternoon? I'm not sure I believe you, I bet you wanted another fucking from your boyfriend."    

"NO I DIDN'T, I was ashamed, I didn't want him to bring me home at all, but I had no money, it was all in the hotel. I had to get my mind sorted out with what I'd done. And he refused till midday.    

"I think when he heard me say I would be home in the morning, he kept me there so I couldn't get home. I had no money, and I wasn't sure where I was."    

"Your money is still in the hotel, with all your clothes, even the nice ones. If you want them, I suggest you go and get them." I got up and went to get changed to go for a run, perhaps the endorphins would help, alcohol didn't last night. As I came downstairs, she told me the hotel had seen what happened and saved her belongings.    

Then it started, as I left the front door, I heard the first shout that was going to haunt me for days. "Hey Cucky, how was your night?" I looked around but couldn't see where it came from, and there were plenty of people there who could have shouted it.    

After that I stayed in the house most of the daylight hours. I got up very early in the morning to go for a run or use our home gym. I used to go swimming once a week, but I wasn't going to go now. I did some digging around on the Internet about Mr Vale. I relented a bit with Linda, I even started cooking her meals. I still didn't talk to her unless I had to.    

We had another session the following week with the counsellor. This is where Linda pointed out that although we're sleeping in the same bed, so that the children don't see anything wrong. I will not let her touch me. I wear pyjamas, which I'd never done before. If she does touch me, I go downstairs and sleep on the sofa and then get up early in the morning and go for a run.

"The children aren't stupid and they know something is wrong because you don't talk to me, you ignore me, you talk to them, you play with them. You will have nothing to do with me, and they have noticed, they asked why you're not kissing me like you used to and you don't talk to me."    

I just looked at her, "What do you expect, you gave your love to another man, that means you don't love me and therefore I don't love you. I'm only here for the children."

I was angry but the problem was I did still love her, but I was not certain I would get over what she did, do it once she may do it again.    

"And how can I trust you? You ran out from me once, how do I know you won't drop your knickers and open your legs when the next film or pop star that just happens to pop around? If I forgive you that almost gives you carte blanche to do it again."    

That was when the counsellor turned to me and said. "If you don't try Mr Northover, you will never know."    

I looked at him, "Why should I take that risk? What's to stop her from doing the whole thing all over again, and I have to go through all this pain all over again? The only reason I'm sitting here is because of Sean and Carrie."    

He looked at her and said, "Linda, what have you got to say about that?"    

"I'm sorry Jim, I'm really sorry." She was weeping now, she looked down into her lap and carried on. "It was good sex; he got the job done. He is practiced but it was just sex. It was empty, it was shallow, it was meaningless, there was no passion. He just rolled over and went to sleep and I laid there. Then I realised what I'd done. Laying there I vowed to make it up to you and I would never do it again."    

I opened my mouth to say something, but the counsellor held his hand up. "Please Jim, Mr Northover, let her finish." It was almost as if he was reading my mind.    

Linda got up and came and knelt in front of me and took hold of my hands. "I know I said that before at our wedding and I meant it then, but I mean it even more now. Help me I don't know how to put this right. Laying there I thought you would forgive me because you loved me. We have forgiven each other stuff in the past. When I dented the car, when you smashed my favourite vase."     

"But I didn't realise the amount of pain and hurt I caused you until your rant last week. I didn't realise the level of humiliation, anguish, hurt and the pain that I gave you. I cannot even begin to believe how much pain I caused you. I can't take that back, I can't un-fuck him, I can't un-walk away from you. And I can't take away the humiliation that you've felt these last couple of weeks. But I can make it up to you, please help me, I need you to help me."    

She was crying fully now. And I was seething, she fucked up and now she's begging me for my help. I Helped her to her feet and took her back to her chair. She sat down. I went and sat in mine, I looked at her and said. "NO."    

She was crying even more, and I sat there in a fit of anger, I was bursting.    

Then a shadow appeared by my shoulder. I looked up, it was the receptionist. She had a mug in her hands. "It's tea, it's strong and it's very hot." There was a sadness in her eyes as she looked at me, she gave me a weak smile. And for some reason, I felt she was on my side. I took the mug in my hands. She was right, it was very hot. I grasped the mug. The pain almost felt good. I was starting to calm down.    

I knew Linda was seeing Doctor Campbell during the week and this felt like a prepared statement. But sitting there with the pain in my hands and looking at her crying, a glance at Doctor Campbell who didn't look happy. I had the feeling that she might have been sincere.    

After a few minutes we carried on talking about our feelings and how we were getting on. I said we were approaching a new normal. But I didn't say what it was. John looked at his watch and rapidly changed the subject. "Jim, let's talk about Marcus Vale. What do you think he gets out of this?"    

A flash of anger crossed my face at him using my first name, I think he got it, Linda looked down into her lap again.    

The time I had spent on the Internet investigating this twat came in useful, I had pondered on that a bit, so I had an answer. "I think he gets off seducing other men's wives in front of them, knowing he's got the backup of his teammates, he feels secure. It's not just about the sex with a beautiful woman."    

"So, you think he's done this before, have you heard any rumours?"    

"There is all sorts of stuff, rumours and innuendo on the Internet. I'm not sure what to believe, but now that I've seen him in action I think some of the rumours are true."    

"Tell me the rumours, who do you think he's been seducing."    

"I don't always believe rumours, but sometimes there's no smoke without fire. I've heard one was the deputy police commissioner's wife, one of our local MPs and a few more. Even the wife of the Mayor was hinted at. I believe after he stood down, he divorced his wife."    

"So, would you say these are people in power?"    

"Yes, I suppose so." I hadn't thought of that.    

"So, if they were to use that power to take him down, that can be seen as an abuse of power, do you agree?"

I could see exactly where he was going with this, not only did he want to take their wives, but he also wanted to do it in front of them and thumb his nose at their power.    

"So why do you think he picked on Linda, she's a beautiful woman but without being rude you're Mr average, you have no power."    

"I've no idea." I looked at Doctor Cambell, I'm sure he had. "But I guess you have. I think it's only fair you share it."    

He smiled. "I think he got fed up with taking powerful but physically weak men's wives. You're a fit man, you're not a professional sportsman but you keep yourself fit and healthy, and you look it." "You're slightly smaller than him. He wanted to take the wife of someone physically powerful. Linda was there, and as you say looking beautiful. You fitted the bill for his target. And he was perfectly safe because he had his teammates with him."    

Now it all became clear, and I was starting to warm to Doctor Campbell, he wasn't so bad after all.    

After the session finished Doctor Campbell asked me to stay. "Jim, Mr Northover, I know you're angry and I can see why. But I have a few suggestions that might help you." He held his hand up as I opened my mouth. "Just let me finish, please. I have a lawyer friend who I think will talk to your company on your behalf about you losing your promotion for what was basically self-defence, and HR condoning what Fred Smith did, it may leave them wide open to legal action. And I completely agree that should anything happen to Marcus, you will be prime suspect and you have to keep a 24/7/365 alibi. I have a policeman friend who would like to visit you or advise you how to do that. Is that Okay?"    

I just nodded my head, this wasn't the help I was expecting. I was expecting him to tell me just to suck it up and engage with Linda more. I might have to change my idea about this man even more.    

"Doctor Campbell, I would appreciate that, you have my address and phone number." I tried not to have the full anger thing going on and moderated my tone of voice. I think I succeeded because he smiled at me.    

"Please Jim, think about what Linda said. She knows how badly she fucked up, and she does need your help."    

I had never heard him use the 'F' word before and I didn't admonish him for using my first name.    

He held his hand out, I took it, he looked at me and said "I think it'll be over soon Mr Northover. Hang in there. The insults will die down and most people will forget about it, but let's not downplay it. It will always be there. Someone in the future will drag it up, and at the worst time when you least expect it. I want to help you, get you ready for when that happens."    

He was correct, people had stopped shouting cucky at me, but the sly looks remained.

I looked at him, "Jim." he smiled again.    

As I left, I looked at his new receptionist. I hope she was better than the last one. I almost had to look twice. She looked vaguely familiar. Never mind, I had other things to worry about.    

When I got home there was a package with a mobile phone in it, it just had my name and no address on it. I opened the package and there was a letter. 'Phone the first number.' I turned the phone 'on' and the address book only had 4 numbers. With the letters A, B, C and D.     

I phoned the number and it was answered immediately. "Hello, Jim. This is just a short call to let you know you are not alone. Can I phone you later for a longer chat? My name is Albert, and your other friends are Bertrum, Cuthbert and Dilbert. If you get into trouble, phone one of us."    

Before I could say anything, he hung up. The phone call never came, but I was intrigued.     

Two days later I got called into work. I had been suspended with no pay after the incident with Fred Smith. I was told I had an appointment with management at 1:00 o'clock. I pitched up at work, knocked on the door not waiting for an invite I burst right into my manager's office. If I was going to get the sack let's get this over and done with. There was my manager, the company lawyer and the head of HR, this was big. And a middle aged man I'd never seen before, he was wearing a smart suit.    

The head of HR started, "Jim, it has been pointed out to us by your friend, Mr Jackson, that our approach to you defending yourself from Mr Smith may leave the company open to prosecution. And to remove your promotion, could be seen as being vindictive to you and supporting the perpetrator of harassment. We have also had complaints from some of your work colleagues about your treatment, as you were defending yourself. Therefore, we would like to reinstate your promotion, however, the warning must stay but it will be downgraded to an informal warning. I must tell you the company lawyer believes it to be a tenuous case at best. But your friend Mr Jackson pointed out that it wouldn't stand the Daily Mail test. How do you feel about that? Oh, you will be paid for the time you have been off, and Mr Smith has been suspended without pay for a further two weeks."    

I had no idea who Mr Jackson was, but I liked him and up to this point he hadn't even spoken. I accepted their offer. Mr Jackson and I left the office, we didn't say anything till we got outside the building.

He held out his hand to me and said, "John Campbell said you might need a bit of help to get things in their right place. I was glad I could help and by the way the whole office has to take all of its mandatory training again, and they will be read the riot act with threats of dismissal if anything like that happens again. You have the phone?" I nodded. "Good, if you get into trouble, phone any number." We shook hands and he walked away. I was gobsmacked to say the least. But with that phone I didn't feel alone anymore.    

I went home amazed; I needed to get some work clothes ready for the morning. I hadn't been in the house for half an hour when the front doorbell rang, since the incident I haven't been opening the front door without having a cricket bat to hand. I peeked around the window next to the door and there was a chap wearing overalls he was holding up a business card which said, "Wakefield Securities." I opened the door on the safety chain and asked him what he wanted.    

"A policeman friend of mine said you needed some help on security, something about alibi 24/7. My friend can't come round, but he sent me to help you out, to give you some advice. Doctor Campbell asked him to pop round, but he couldn't make it, so he asked me."    

I let him in and I showed him the video recording system I had set up. He said I hadn't done a bad job, but I got a bit over the top, there's no need to have one in the toilet and the bathroom because the one in the kitchen and the bedroom would catch anyone going in or coming out and there was no other way to get out of those two rooms. I pointed out to him that I wanted to see what she was doing when she was in those rooms alone, but that was what I was worried about. I didn't want to point out to him that she might abuse herself and blame me for it in there. He sort of nodded his head and grumbled to himself. He suggested a few changes to the cameras for better resolution. He also suggested cloud storage to back up my hard drives. He gave me the details of a site that's giving excellent rates at the moment. He suggested replacing some cameras in the bathroom and toilet with listening devices and using the cameras from there in different places. Whilst a good suggestion I declined saying audio recorders wouldn't pick up somebody texting. He did set up two better outside cameras.

I went back to work and things approached the new normal at home. For the rest of the week people walked around me on eggshells. I made an effort to dissuade that, being a bit more over jovial saying I was glad to be back at work. It had settled down by Friday. I made more of an effort to speak to Linda at home, but it was still hard work. I still went running early in the morning or in the evening when it was dark. I'd spent a fair amount of time in the home gym, beating the shit out of a punch bag helped me relieve some of my anger which was still there. The ones you love betraying you can do that.    

The local newspaper, the Journal, reported criminal damage carried out to Mr David Brown's car. It had been vandalised in the Golf Club car park. The CCTV showed a hooded person in dark clothes jemmying the boot of his Mercedes open, removing a golf club and using it to smash every piece of glass on the car. And then the perpetrator beat every panel on the car, some even went through the metal. By now the car alarm was going off, but that didn't stop him from cutting the side wall of every tyre before he ran into the darkness. The whole thing took less than 45 seconds. It took people longer than that to respond. Oh, and they mentioned the golf club was ruined. The perpetrator was quite nimble and fit. The police were investigating but had no leads so far.    

The Golf Club increased its security, they even had a roaming security man patrol around the car park. And they increased the lighting. There were plans to increase the coverage of the CCTV into the corners.    

Being a member of the Golf Club, I am sure some of the rumours of the altercation in the Red Hart had reached the police, or Dave could have pointed them in my direction. I got a visit, I was expecting one.    

They were just doing their job, two uniformed officers turned up, they were polite, so I invited them in. They asked where I had been on the night in question. I told them I was probably at home but can't remember exactly everything I did last week. They asked if I had had an altercation with Mr Brown. I guess they'd heard. I admitted we'd had a falling out and were no longer friends. I also pointed out that they will have to prove my guilt, not me prove my innocence.     

That was when Linda walked into the room, drying her hands on a towel, she looked at the two policemen and said. "He was here with me every night for the last week." She looked at me and gave me a small smile and walked out.    

I tried my best to be normal around Linda after that and talk to her more, and for the sake of the children. But it was bloody hard work, and I kept on having flashes of anger at what she'd done, and I would just have to leave the room.