I'm Dreaming of a Hot Christmas

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I nodded, impressed that she'd thought it through.

"Oh! I almost forgot." She grinned, looking excited. "We've got a fund-raising dinner this Saturday, and I hope you can come. It should be a fun night. I can't believe how many people wanted to help out once they heard what I was doing."

"Is it formal?" I asked, almost hating to hear her answer.

She nodded as she looked me over in my jeans, denim shirt and scuffed, steel toed work boots. "It is. But I think there's a rental place up the street. So, I should be able to find you a nice-looking tux in there."

"No worries. I'll take care of it."

As we walked back outside, she asked, "So, where are you staying, Dash?"

I moved around a lot, and sometimes just took a room in a motel so I'd be nearby whatever house I was working on. Right now, I hadn't figured out where I was going to stay, if I was going to be working on fixing this place up.

"Not sure, yet. Maybe I'll get a room somewhere."

"Or, you could stay with me. There's plenty of room in the house. You could basically have your own wing."

I was already shaking my head, about to tell it was never going to happen, when she got a call and got into a conversation about the menu for the dinner.

Covering her phone with her thumb, she dug into her purse, and quietly whispered, "Here, Dash. Let me give you a key, so you can get settled in."

After she'd handed me the key, when she turned her head and I heard her say, "Well I've got at least a half dozen vegans and four vegetarians, and I'd love it if you think of something creative. I know no one likes to see other people enjoying a gourmet meal, when they get served a plate of rice and beans."

I looked at the key in my hand, and wondered if I should hand it back. Seeing Peyton already walking back through the building, deep in conversation with the hotel, I decided maybe I'd stay for a night or two, and look for a decent motel around here in the meantime.

When I started up my truck, I noticed Peyton smiling and waving goodbye from the window and I waved back, wondering if I was crazy.

I had no business staying under the same roof with her. And knew her brother wouldn't exactly be thrilled to find out I was shacking-up with his kid sister, when he'd only asked me to give her a hand with the building.

Stopped at a red light, I noticed a formal rental shop just up ahead, and thought I might as well go in and look for a tux. Probably the only time I'd ever wear one, considering that Peyton was the only person I knew who could ever talk me into dressing up like a penguin.

When I walked through the doors, the salesman took one look at me, smiled and pointed to the big and tall section at the back of the store. Being six foot six, and wall to wall muscle, made it hard to find things that fit. Looking over what they had, I was glad they had some decent looking suits that looked like they were custom-made to fit a guy my size.

After I tried on a black Armani and stepped out of the fitting room to see how it fit, the man looked me over and nodded. "I think that's a good fit and a nice look on you, sir. Classic black never goes out of style."

"Okay, I'll take it." I hesitated as I looked at myself in the mirror. "Actually, on second thought, I'll buy it. Save me having to bring it back."

Once he'd fixed me up with dress shoes, a shirt and bow tie, as I walked the garment bag out to my old truck I shook my head, and muttered, "Only for you, Peyton, and nobody else."

If I was staying overnight, I thought I'd better pick something up for dinner and maybe breakfast, if we going to be eating together.

I grabbed a cart outside a little market near her house, and headed for the steaks at the back of the store. Still finding it hard to believe I was doing this, staying alone with Peyton, which I already knew could be a recipe for disaster.

Looking over the steaks, not sure what I should get, I muttered to myself, "Shit, I don't even know if she likes steak. Maybe I should get some salmon."

The lady next to me lifted an eyebrow and carefully took a few steps back, probably wondering if there was something wrong with me. Couldn't blame her, since I was wondering the same thing myself. And I actually considered phoning Peyton and telling her I'd found somewhere else to stay. But hating the idea of lying to her, I grabbed two sirloins and went to find some salmon.

Driving along her beautiful, tree-lined street as I turned right at her house, I noticed Peyton's little black beemer already parked in the circular driveway. Noticing the other luxury cars parked outside her neighbor's homes, had me wondering if I should park my old beater where no one would be able to see it. I didn't want anyone talking about her. And I sure as hell didn't want her to be embarrassed about the old rust bucket I drove.

I noticed the side drive, that probably wound behind the pool house, put my truck back into gear and headed back there.

Peyton smiled when she saw me at the kitchen door and pushed across the sliding glass doors and helped me carry the groceries inside.

"What the heck did you buy, Dash?" she asked as we carted everything over to the center island.

"Just some food. Thought I'd make us some steaks or maybe salmon, for dinner, with baked potato and salad, if that's okay."

Smiling, she shook her head at me. "I don't know why you bought so much. I do keep some food in the fridge, you know."

About to tell her it was just a little something for dinner, when I finally looked at her in her little cut off shorts and halter top, obviously braless, I kind of forgot what I was going to say.

Now, if I was smart, I'd turn around and go back outside, back my truck the hell up and leave. But no one ever said I was smart, considering that I earned my living working with my hands, and I never went to college.

She noticed the black bag draped over my arm, and grinned. "Did you already pick up the tux?"

"Yeah, I got it on the way here."

Smirking, she gave me a little wiggle of her eyebrows as she looked me over from head to toe. "Now I can hardly wait for you to try it on for me."

Peyton was always a little flirty, and I knew she didn't mean anything by it, it was just who she was.

But considering how hot she looked in her bare feet, with her butt cheeks showing at the bottom of her shorts when she bent over to get us a couple of drinks from the fridge, her kind of teasing was the last thing I needed.

I remember that hot kiss we shared on New Year's, like it was yesterday. It played in my head a lot, and kind of haunted me. And seeing her half-dressed was having the same effect on me now, as it did that night. I could feel things staring to stir, and knew I'd better get outside and start heating up the barbecue before things started to heat up between us.

Like they say, if you can't stand the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen.

After she tossed the salad and I'd cooked us the steaks and a couple of baked potatoes, we ate dinner on the patio by the pool.

Looking out across their yard, I realized it was a good thing they had such a beautiful tranquil garden, filled with artfully arranged groupings of flowers and well-tended trees. Mostly, because it gave me something to look at other than Peyton, who was looking a little too tempting to resist.

"So... what did you think of the building, Dash?"

I finally turned and looked at her and told her the truth. "For what you have in mind, I think it'll work."

She flashed me a pretty smile. "I'm glad you dropped by to take a look around. You know a lot more about looking for problems with a building than I do. And I trust your opinion."

I just shrugged and said, "Glad to help."

When we'd finished dinner, Peyton got up to clear away the dishes. But before she did, she wrapped her arms around me from behind, pressed her warm, soft breasts against my neck and dropped a kiss on the top of my head. "Thanks for dinner, Dash. And for coming today to check the place over." She dropped one more kiss on my head, hugged me a little tighter, dropped her voice and whispered, "And thanks for agreeing to stay. It's really nice having someone else here, instead of being on my own. Sometimes it gets a little lonely."

When she let go and picked up the plates, feeling a little overwhelmed, I cleared my throat. "Yeah, I know what it's like, being on my own most of the time." I smiled at her and agreed, "It is nice to have some company."

She had a big beautiful house, but it felt so empty without any family. After she told me how much it meant to her, I decided I'd stay until we got her office up and running. Providing of course we could manage to keep our hands to ourselves.

I got on my jogging shorts and went for a run after dinner. I liked to get out and get moving. Even if I'd worked hard all day, running gave me a rush I didn't get from anything else.

Well, maybe except for sex. That felt better than anything.

Of course, then my mind went straight to Peyton. Imagining what she'd look like naked on her back, smiling up at me with those big blue eyes dark with arousal, just waiting for me to sink into her nice and deep.

Picking up my pace I ran even harder, to try and get her out of my head. If we were going to do this, I knew I had to stop thinking of her like someone I could be with, or it was never going to work.

When I got back to the house and walked past the family room, Peyton was on the couch, painting her toe nails, in just a baggy T-shirt and panties. Holy fuck. Just what I needed, now that I'd managed to clear my head.

Her legs were bare. And there was just so much of them to see in those tiny little pink panties, I had to keep my focus on her face, so my mind wouldn't wander. She noticed me standing there and she looked up and smiled. "How was your run?"

Wiping the sweat off my forehead I told her, "It's nice running around here. I did a few circuits around the pond and met a big, red dog that was pretty friendly."

"I should join you next time, that sounds like way more fun than my treadmill."

I'd kicked off my running shoes at the door, and looking down at my bare feet, she tipped her head and asked, "You ever had a pedicure, Dash?"

"Pedicure?" I took a look down at my giant size fourteens and laughed. "I don't think anyone would want to go near them, seeing as they're not exactly pretty."

Grinning, she patted the couch. "Come on, let me show you what it feels like. And you'll like it, I promise."

I knew I'd enjoy having her hands on me. But whether it was a good idea or not, was another question.

I noticed the tub of warm water she had on the floor. And my feet just barely fit inside, when she slipped her hands around my ankles and lowered them into the water.

"Feel nice?" she asked, looking up into my eyes to gauge my reaction as she gently stroked her hands over my feet in the water, that seemed to be mixed with some kind of scented oil.

"Yeah, feels good."

Then she picked up one of my hands, and carefully inspected it. "I think I should do your nails too, while your feet are soaking."

I started to feel like one of her girlfriends, as she bent her head over my hand and went to work on tidying up my nails. I didn't mind her holding my hand, as she clipped and filed them, but if she suggested curling my hair, that would be hard no. Bad enough I had my feet soaking it sweetly scented water while was she was busy shaping and buffing my nails.

When she started smoothing lotion over my hands, gently massaging it between my fingers, I could feel myself twitching in my boxers as she smiled into my eyes and asked, "How does that feel?"

"Really good." Fucking fantastic, if she really wanted to know.

She smirked. "Told you you'd like it."

What I liked was the feel of her soft, warm hands running over me, as she massaged the lotion into my palms and up over my wrists. Of course, with a teasing little smile in her eyes.

Though I knew what would feel even better, was if she had her soft little hand wrapped nice and tight around what was pulsing in my boxers.

The way she was handling me, was starting to get me hard, and I knew she'd have to notice if I stood up. So, I was really relieved when she said, "How about a movie?" and reached for the remote.

I thought that would give me some time for things to settle down. Then she took one of my feet out of the water, put a towel on her lap and started to dry it off.

Probably the most sensual thing I'd ever felt was Peyton, rubbing my foot in her lap, with the fluffy white towel, even running it up to knees, just barely brushing my thighs. She really had my cock lurching now. And I have a feeling she knew it, too.

It would be so easy to slide her onto her back, tug down her little panties, push up her T-shirt, and...

"You want some clear nail polish on your nails?"

"Oh fuck, no!" This had gone far enough, when she wanted to start putting nail polish on me. I stood up and shook the water off my other foot and told her, "Thanks. But I think I'd better get to bed, if I'm going to get an early start tomorrow."

Upstairs, I tugged off my clothes and got in the shower. And with one hand on the wall and the other wrapped around my dick, I finished what she started. Wondering, as I felt the explosive rush shooting up my spine as I came, what the fuck I was thinking agreeing to stay with her.

PEYTON

I laughed as I watched Dash charging up the stairs two at a time, like his ass was on fire, guessing he wasn't exactly thrilled about having his nails done. Especially when I offered to paint them. But it was fun while it lasted.

Even if he was a little skittish, it was still nice having him around; someone to share a meal with and to talk to, and even just hang out.

But I knew I'd have to watch my step, or he might get spooked and leave. I guess afraid in case we wound up in bed together. Though, I already knew I'd love to find out what he'd be like once I got him naked.

Heaving a sigh, I reached for the pale pink polish, and started to paint my fingernails, knowing it was never going to happen.

When I came down to the kitchen in the morning, I noticed the coffee was made, but Dash was gone. Taking a look outside, I noticed his truck was gone too, and just hoped he'd gone to the site, and hadn't decided to leave.

When I got downtown, and walked inside, I was relieved when I saw him taking apart the old doors that led into the big back area of the building.

He stood up, smiled and said, "Hey," when he saw me. "Thought I'd get rid of these doors, so I could get started on the floors."

I handed him another coffee and a breakfast sandwich I'd picked up for him. He'd left so early, I didn't think he'd had time to eat.

He smiled and said, "Thanks," opened it up and dug in and started eating.

I smirked as I watched him, and remarked, "Your nails look nice."

He looked at them and chuckled. "Yeah, and you should feel my feet, soft as a baby's butt."

We both laughed. And I was glad we were good, and he wasn't upset with me.

When I turned around, I noticed a nicely dressed man in a light gray suit and pink shirt with a clipboard, looking around, taking notes. And I assumed he was the interior designer I'd phoned to come and take a look.

I walked up to him and held out my hand. "Hi. You must be Holden. I'm Peyton Calder, "and this..." I pulled a face as I waved my hand around, "... is what I'm hoping you can transform into something beautiful."

He looked around then too, and I could see he was trying not to laugh, the place just looked so sad. Scuffed up, tired looking gray walls, grungy floors, ancient fluorescent lighting with only a few that still cast a little light, giving the room a really creepy glow.

"I've got a few ideas, that I think you'll like," he said, turning his attention back to me. Raising his eyebrows, I had to fight not to shiver as he slowly let his gaze slide over me.

The way he was looking at me, I felt so exposed, like he could see right through my clothes. And though he wasn't bad looking; tall, thin and kind of artsy with perfectly styled short blonde hair, and a little goatee. He just didn't do it for me.

Out of the corner of my eye I noticed Dash passing by on his way out the door, and called out, "Dash, come and meet Holden, the interior designer. And Holden, this is my good friend Dash."

Wandering over, Dash looked at me and smiled hearing me calling him that. He reached out, wrapped his hand around Holden's and gave it a firm shake. "Good to meet you, Holden."

I noticed when Dash let go of Holden that he looked a little pained as he shook out his hand. Which had me wondering just how hard Dash had gripped him.

Holden gave Dash an odd look as he gingerly took his phone out of his pocket to get some pictures. As he wandered off into the back room, curious at the tension going on between them, I asked Dash, "Have you two met before?"

"Nope," he said. "Never seen him before." As he walked outside, I thought I heard him mutter, "But I sure as hell didn't like the way he was looking at you."

Later in the afternoon, when I was on my hands and knees taking some measurement to try and see where to place the partitions, I noticed I had an audience. I could actually feel three sets of eyes burning into my backside, when I turned and saw three of the crew standing and watching me, slyly grinning.

Before I could say anything, Dash walked out of the backroom and saw them watching me. Striding over, he pointed a finger at them. "You guys got nothing to do? I'll give you something to do." He nodded his head at the doors to the loading dock. "Follow me, guys. There's shit loads of stuff that needs to go in the dumpster, so grab some shovels and get to it."

I actually laughed a little as they followed behind him, without uttering a word. Though I hated to admit it, I liked that the crew didn't argue when they were dealing with Dash. Probably thinking I was soft, sometimes I think they took advantage of me. So, I guess I was lucky that Dash had come to help me when he did.

Just before it was time to call it a night, I was outside walking to my car to charge my phone, when I overheard a couple of the younger guys, breaking down boxes, mumbling something about Dash. Of course, my ears perked up. Curious, I left my car door open so I could hear them.

It was a struggle not to laugh when I overheard the taller one saying, "He's practically pissing circles around her to mark his territory. Obviously, he's got something going on with the boss lady. So, I don't know about you, but I'm going to back the fuck up and leave him to it. I'm not getting in shit for checking out his woman."

The shorter one nodded. "Yeah, I hear ya. This gig's at least a few months' work. And I can use the money. So, I'm just going to keep my head down and do my freakin' job."

"Yeah, no way I'm tangling with that asshole."

Back at home that night, Dash and I were having burgers and salad on the patio. As he was pouring me a glass of wine I smirked and told him, "You know the crew's a little afraid you."

He just shrugged and said, "Good. As long as they keep working. You hired them to do a job Peyton, not to sit around staring at your ass."

I just shook my head at him as I remembered what they said about him marking his territory, wondering if there was anything to it.

The next day, I noticed a change. Everyone seemed to be busier, and no one was hanging around talking or standing around outside having a smoke, like they usually did.

Could be Dash was right, and they were finally realizing they were supposed to be here to work.

***

Saturday, the day of the banquet, I was a bundle of nerves. I was having my hair done, and still had to pick up my shoes, and check in with the hotel, and at least a dozen other things. As my hair stylist, Andre, kept droning on about his mother, and the fight they had over his dog chewing up her favorite pair of shoes, which was only making me crazier.