All Comments on 'I'm Not Dead Yet'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 183 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
God you're a terrible writer

Can't you keep who's talking straight? You switched POV's so many times and went from first to third person the whole thing was unreadable. Kind of a racist bastard, too, aren't you?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Holy cow!

What a shitty ending! Not very realistic. The "surprise ending" was not very logical or satisfying. Why do all the guys in your stories refuse to talk to their wives when there's trouble. Have them grow up a little would ya please ? Only a 3, because of the sudden & crappy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great story, great ending...

So happy he dumped the pretentious cheating bitch of a wife. He lost the extra weight, got into shape, then met with the wife to mend fences and discuss the future. He was interested in living, she was only interested in showing up; seeing and being seen. She chose her house and country club lifestyle over her husband - proving she wasn't worth a damn and only "loved" him because of the fine things he supplied her with. What do you call a woman who provides sex for remuneration? Yup: Whore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great ending!

After clearly explaining what he felt and what he needed, the choice was hers. Hopefully, she's happy with it; the story suggests that she wouldn't be. He got his second chance, and took it. Good for him. I've been there and my surgery didn't go as well as his. Still, I'm not dead yet, so I'll live my life the best I can. (But I'd sure like that bike ride through the Wine Country!) Great story! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great ending redux

Having had heart attacks and bypass surgery, I was very sympathetic to your protagonist. Despite the fact that no sex occurred, she left the marriage long before he hit the floor. Thankfully, my wife is no Sandy; she was with me in pre-op and there when they extubated me and woke me up. Sadly, no motorbikes for us. I just went back to work. Still, your Steve is my inspiration. Great story, great ending. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Just Excellent!

I for one liked the POV switches. I think the author is relying on the reader being intelligent enough to follow. Maybe it'll be a new style! Anyway, was very quality writing for me and just what I needed right now. (not hardcore porn, but great stuff!)

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 6 years ago
Uh huh... wonder who she was lying to...

You really think if Steve had already known Carol, and while living with Sandy, had asked Carol over and fingered Carol while she jerked him off sitting on a couch in front of her that Sandy wouldn't have flipped out...?

Bullshit... because sandy would have KNOWN he was cheating... just as she had.

c24jc24jover 6 years ago
Awfully self-centered ass

Okay, they might have had problems, what marriage doesn't . . . but he has a trauma, keeps his family away to 'punish' them (?), and then insists Sandy, (and everyone else to some extent) change immediately and do things his way or get out of his life. The world does not need more self-centered pricks like this . . . incapable of empathy or sympathy . . . making up their own rules (and then changing them) as they go along, and expecting all others to know those rules, even if those rules lead him to jump to poor conclusions at times.

Sandy is MUCH better off without him, and Carol will be too, once she figures him out.

Interestingly, that might happen sooner than expected. while he's certainly sure he's in good health now, he might still suffer another attack. If he's laid up, and then told to back off the higher intensity sport life just a bit, he may find he wants somewhere to relax and enjoy life at a slightly slower pace, and his lifestyle will change again. Carol will tire of him (if she hasn't already), and when he finds he's now ready to spend some time with his family, they'll all have moved on.

He'll miss what he now once again sees as home, though it's now home to Sandy and her new husband (whom the kids and grandkids love). They generously invite him to share Christmases and Thanksgivings, which he enjoys and usually brings a date to, but it's a different one each time, and he always leaves with a bit of regret.

As he finally starts taking interest in someone other than himself, the kids do visit him sometimes, but no one is with him to help when he suffers his third major health incident.

Well written, though I never got to like any of the characters much . . . which is fine. It's just kind of a sad story about a very selfish man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Nope. Not this one

She says "Nothing happened with Rick." That apparently didn't include all the groping, kissing, hand jobs, and fingering. She didn't lie but she sure didn't tell him everything that she'd been doing. And she sure couldn't have loved him very much if she wasn't willing to spend more time with him. And the son; "It was only one time and she doesn't even work here anymore." Bullshit. His wife needs to know what kind of shit she's married to. And if this guy can't see that his wife is becoming distant he's just plain stupid. The entire group was worthless and not worth 3 pages of my time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
When

When did he leave the care home and he did not deserve to find some one else as his arrogant egotistical attitude was responsible for everything.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Do some of tbe people who comment even read the story?

smh

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Another short ending...another 3

You wrote a great well written story with a short terrible ending, is this a consistent problem?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Hope

Hope Sue dumps him like the arrogant rat dumped Sandy

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
WHEN ONE SEES A BANANA PEEL AND AN OPEN GRAVE

chances are the Fat Lady is warming up. TK U MLJ LV NV

GrimmerGrimmerover 5 years ago
False promises

Guess she showed him how much she would make it up to and show him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
re: Hope

read the story idiot......who the fuck is Sue and as far as Sandy....in the back seat wth rick put an end to the marriage

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Excellent story.

A really good Slirpuff offering. Looked like he would make the mistake of reconciling with Sandy, who had jacked off Rick and been finger fucked to orgasms by him and yet didn't consider it cheating!!! So how was Steve arrogant, Anonymous "Hope" and it's Carol, NOT Sue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
What

What a self opinionated arsehole Steve is.His wife is quite right about their situation,he is one fat overweight pig.Where was he for six months after rehab we never were told?.Also why do arseholes like him end up with another woman.?He does not know how to treat one properly.

rfnks2002rfnks2002over 5 years ago

Anonymous

02/03/19 Well if you remember Sandy was the one that step out on the Marriage. Her and Rick in the back seat of his car, then at the lake. and how many times when she wasn't around, or out doing her social meetings that she had do.

And Steve went from the Hospital to Rehab then went to work. All the while did you wonder where the hell Sandy was and with who. Most likely Rick was close by. She wasn't dancing slow number at the New Years eve Ball cause she was with her son and daughter in-law. And Sandy had a choice But no she want her social Status So she now has what she wants and Steve as what he wants. Hes back to enjoying life with a new partner in life.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
Good, but sad.

File it under "Marriage is compromise." He really should not have pulled the plug on the marriage. She behaved badly, learned her lesson, and waited a long time for him to come home. Then she didn't jump fast enough, so he ditched her? No. Too fast. I fault her for her behavior, but she came back to the marriage. He should have too, and worked to find smaller changes they could both manage.

But it was a darn good story either way. Very well written.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Great story

Great, as most always is the case with Slirpuff. Steve made the changes he needed and.moved on. Sandy just couldn't let go.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Stinke

The ending stinks.Why wouldn't Sandy agree to his terms,she obviously loved him.?He as the cause of their problems,doing nothing about his weight and where was he for six months after his recuperation clinic?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Change

I am really glad of the ending, cause it was looking more and more like a country song in reverse. Sometimes when shit is serious you have to make major changes. He had to separate himself from his family and work to make some serious changes. While nice and comfortable, his old life was toxic, he had to make some changes. His wife couldn't or wouldn't make any changes to her life, so he had to make some changes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Not cheating?

Are you kidding me? She had an emotional and a physical affair. If you can't do it in front of your spouse then you shouldn't be doing it. I can't believe someone would consider reconciliation.

Another story without an apology, but with a claim that the innocent party is at least partially responsible for the cheating. If you don't like your spouse anymore then at least have enough respect to get a divorce first.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Both to blame

He felt sorry himself and instead of doing anything to make it better, he chose to wallow in his self pity.

GrimmerGrimmerover 4 years ago
Reread

A triple bypass will change your outlook on life. Therapy and weight management will reinforce that.

Guess Sandy want serious about doing what it takes.

Her loss.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
Its the normal slirpuff story

the wife's never at fault, she can fuck half of Montana and it will still be his fault.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
So, just to be clear, according to the author

I can finger bang his wife and she can suck me off and I can maul her tits and ass in full view of the public and it is NOT cheating?

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
Okay story

He is the type of guy who sees all from his perspective. She's better off without the prick. Never liked him. Wish the h/a had got him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Sandy was a slut!

She made out with Randy two times that we know about. A wife doesn’t ever make out with anyone except her husband!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
So She Didn't Cheat?

Oh, that's right, she just didn't sleep with another man while they were married. Well over the years I've had sex with numerous women whom I didn't "sleep" with and sometimes we did it with our clothes on too. "We ended up in the back seat of his car making out like a couple of teenagers. We did everything there was to do without taking our clothes off. I jacked him off and he fingered me until I climaxed at least twice. It had been so long since I'd felt this way." Granted that he let himself go but that's no excuse for what she was doing. She would have been better off to have sold the house and moved into the condo if she really loved him and didn't want a divorce.

I think this is the first story that I've read on Lit where someone has mentioned 'The Moody Blues' and I'd like to thank you for those memories. Great music when you are mellow with someone you love. Signed: BTW

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Another good one

Another good one from Slirpuff. Steve made the only choice that he could. Sandy just couldn't commit to the marriage he needed ,so he made the move. Good story.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Great

Glad he dumped the cheating slut.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

The kiss was to thank him for dancing with HER? I thought it would be Rick who should be thanking her! And MAYBE you can excuse the hand on the ass while dancing, by why the need to go out to the "moon-lit" patio for the "thank you" kiss?

"he were taking care of business at home" - While he's at fault for his weight, it's hard to "take care of business" when your partner is grossed out by you.

Since the divorce SEEMS to be amicable, why hasn't he at least spoken to her?

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Dont

Don't agree with a lot of the comments.How many of them would make love with their wife if she was eighty pounds over weight.Also he he turned into a control freak,so how many women are going to put up with that.As for him getting another hottie,that's the authors imagination.

Deprived891Deprived891almost 4 years ago
Don't Agree

I don't agree with the ending. His actions were not justified.

He dumped his wife after all that. I don't understand him or what the author tried to do there.

LoejtcLoejtcalmost 4 years ago
There are alternatives

I thought there was enough blame to go around on both sides but that in the end Sandy did still love Steve and while she did slip and engage in inappropriate conduct she had sense enough not to actually engage in intercourse with Rick.

Steve let himself become so physically unattractive that it was difficult for his wife to think of him in a sexual way. Indeed, his weight made the act physically unpleasant. Yet he blamed her for pulling away even though she tried to encourage him to get his weight under control both to enhance their love life and avoid the very event i.e. a heart attack, that nearly killed him and precipitated this story.

My wife and I have traveled the world visiting over 85 countries. During these travels we frequently encountered "married single travelers". These are men and women who have the wander lust that isn't shared by their spouses. They've compromised with their spouses so that they can seek to fulfill their interests while their spouse contentedly stays at home enjoying whatever hobbies and activities are of interest to them.

We've never met one who didn't love their spouse and feel completely comfortable with their marriage.

What I'm saying is that Steve's position of "my way or the highway" was totally unnecessary. He never tried to reach an accommodation with Sandy that would allow him to pursue his "bucket list" while still maintaining a loving relationship with a woman who clearly loved him but also had interests different than her husband's.

It seemed to me that Steve precipitated the marital crisis by his unhealthy life style then used the crisis to end the marriage by making unreasonable demands and not considering any compromises.

If Steve had listened to his doctor, his wife and his own common sense, he would have never had the heart attack, his wife would have eagerly engaged in love making, Rick would have never entered the picture and this story would not have been written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Was just okay

Felt like it needed more. I don't know what just more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Terrible ending

was going well until the ending. Just fell right off a cliff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Works for me. 5*

Let's have fun, or a midlife crisis, together. Works for me. People sometimes grow apart and decide their goals and needs are no longer the same. Why stay in a situation where you'll no longer be happy? I hope they both found what they wanted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great Story

She may not have slept with the guy but letting some dude put his fingers inside her made her completely unfaithful in my eyes.

She cheated and his only sin was not being what she wanted.....not what was best for him.

Good for him to move on and live life where he is happy

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Sandy cheated. End of discussion!!!

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

The slut cheated! You don't have to have penetration to cheat. And that's what the slut did! And she mentally checked out long ago, and it's good he found Carol. 2 stars for not burning the slimy cunt or Rick.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Again. A good one, he wanted to try and she didn't. End of story.

kirei8kirei8almost 3 years ago

The main character had no redeeming qualities at all. He was a lazy asshole FORCED to change his lifestyle. He had more than 6 months to reflect on a lifestyle change; she asked for the same. She succumbed to temptation for forgivable reasons. They were his fucking kids also; where was he all their trait building years? He finally gets fit and boom gone - I'm a pretty boy now. Sorry, he is a typical worthless rich asshole. And I'm a die hard BTB fan to the max.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
What?

Wait a second she did not slow dance with anyone, did not date looked super hot and waited for her husband when he is back giver her an opportunity to be together just a change in thier current lifestyle she actually tells him not to move back together and agrees to a divorce what load of bs!! A complete miss by the author

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The author has held a mirror up to our faces and most of us squinch closed our eyes and , once again, spew forth the stream of conscious description of everything that we can see with our eyes closed. By his actions, Steve has given an answer to the perennial LW question of "why" usually addressed to the cheating wife. To quote another Steve: "Maybe your baby done made some other plans".

LWlurker

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Pity

Pity some one found him and got him to hospital.He is one arrogant self opinionated arsehole,Sandy is far better off away from him.Also when did he leave the rehab center ,go back to work and find new accomodation there is no mention of it.?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Im glad he divorced her! She seemed very selfish and did not try hard enough to get back with her hubby. It seems like a lot of details were left on and if she actually cheated or not but i guess it doesnt matter since they ended up divorced anyways.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

She cheated and missed the train! He might not have been the best hubby but at least he tried in the end. That right there should tell u some things about the ex-wife and they both just weren't on the same path so it probably was inevitable anyways

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

she never even admitted to getting fingered in the car. she was never truly honest with him, claiming she didn’t cheat when she clearly did

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 2 years ago
Soldiers wives suffer through 12,13…14 month deployments, with shit pay.

And they often live in cheap-ass (though clean and maintained) base or off base housing. They put up with a tremendous amount of crap, and keep together. Sandy couldn’t put up with moving to a high end condo and doing less charity work? SHeeesh!!! Some people, yah know?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ugghhh. Terrible story. Despite cheating they seem to make up and then the twisted end.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesalmost 2 years ago

Great story. Makes me want to hunker down with my diet and get exercising again. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well both sides are at fault for their crappy marriage before the heart attack. They also communicated terribly, especially the MC. A common theme with this author. But in the end Sandy chose poorly. Probably means it wouldn't have worked anyways.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I don't think Sandy chose poorly. He was very selfish, before and after his "transformation". Sandy was the only one who made any effort towards reconciliation, while he kept his "my way or the highway" attitude.

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

He was scared by the heart attack. His old self was mostly gone. She either had to change with him, or lose him. Her choice. We don't know quite enough about her character to decide if it was the right one. D

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 1 year ago

More "Non-Erotic" than "Loving Wives". No deep emotional dialogs or discussions of relationship. All mc's choices are based on his selfish desires. Didn't like it.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 1 year ago

it's funny, "All mc's choices are based on his selfish desires. " when it's the man. This whole section is just all about slutty cheating ass whore wives that cheat, lie and rob the husband blind. But here, probley is the only story that slirpuff gives the man any kind of balls and some how he's considered selfish. WOW!

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Hope

Hope Carol cheats on him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Interesting take on the personality of the protagonist. He had a heart attack and the personality you gave him early on was a "Type A Personality" which is heart attack prone. I don't know if you did this on purpose or whether by accident, but his personality sure fit in with his health problem.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Two stubborn and deplorable characters. Honestly I dislike the husband more. Yes the wife went too far with Rick and committed infidelity with making out in the car, jacking him off and getting fingered to an orgasm. She realized she had crossed a huge line and backed way off. Then some really bad fights and accusations, she gets upset and drunk, and woukd have gone all the way as Rick parked next to the lake but for the headlights of a policeman. She freaks and heads back home. Yeah that is a definite problem. Also because of her guilt and having a shitty day, she says some nasty stuff in her emails that only feeds her husband's paranoia. So yeah she is not a likable character bit nor is she an evil bitch. She committed infidelity, not adultery and snapped out of it when tempted a second time while drunk. She was playing with fire. But look at the husband. He is a self entitled workaholic and prick who doesn't like his kids, is unhappy in his marriage, let himself go physically, and because wife isn't in the mood, starts accusing her of having an affair. The mishap with his son cheating on his wife seals the deal since the husband figures he stumbled (though erroroneous) onto his wife's love beat with Rick. Then after many months, with him getting in shape but literally abandoning his wife even AFTER realizing that he accused her falsely, they reconnect but while he has had a long time to realize what he wants to do in life, he gives her no time to adjust to the "new" him who is clearly having a near death crisis and gives her an ultimatum and bam when she isn't ready to commit right away, he cuts her loose. Wtf? No counseling. No serious discussion. Yeah so in the end, in a competition between two unlikable, stubborn, and even deplorable people, the husband takes the cake and wins the prize of being thr bigger asshole (by a significant margin). Imagine if the genders of the MC and Sandy were flipped? What woukd you think then? She got fat, wanted sex, hubby says no, she accuses him of cheating, he is on the edge since has been sexually frustrated for a couple years with a wife who is a primadonna, and then she has a heart attack, cuts him off from seeing her, then gets into shape, then still stays separate till the New Year's blind date ambush, but then after a night of making love to her husband, gives the ultimatum, and then runs off to the Bahamas with a boy toy after divorcing her husband of 28 years, with no evidence of even infidelity. I suspect most readers would be biased to burn the bitch. Be honest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Previous Anonymous comment hit the nail on the head. She committed infidelity but not adultery and backed off before it got too far, though their marriage was in trouble. But the husband takes the cake as a bigger asshole.

TimeTraveler46TimeTraveler46about 1 year ago

He is an egocentric asshole.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

One of the author's more deplorable and selfish husbands. The wife made mistakes and crossed the fidelity line but didn't outright betrayal him with full cheating despite his protestations. Husband is an insecure asshole. Thr old him created a shitty situation and marriage and the new him just ran off with a girl toy on a Harley as he goes through a midnlife crisis induced by his heart attack.

inka2222inka222211 months ago

Geez what's with the avalanche of man hating cowardly anons?

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon11 months ago

I have to assume you write your MC husbands from your own personality. They're mostly inflexible, angry, impatient, abusive assholes.

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamore11 months ago

Great story, amazing how some posters have reading comprehension issues. It's not his ego that's a problem, the wife was the inflexible character. Wife was out drinking while hubby is dying on the floor.

The MC took charge of his health, and without wife's help recovered. He still gave her a chance to be part of his life, she refused.

If you want to write a different story, go for it, just not in the comments, lol.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat10 months ago

MC needed a wake up call, but he made the most of his second chance and dropping the shrew wife was a big part of it. Kudos to him. 4*

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A well presented tale, although it did become tiresome now and then. Four stars from me.

JPB

LechemanLecheman9 months ago

What is this going without sex increases the likelihood of a wife/hubby straying?

Anyway, good story with a nice little twist at the end.

I do find it surprising how some people fail to understand how your life ambitions can change after a near death experience (and no, not happened to me, as yet).

Being a romantic, I did feel sad for Sandy.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Ended well. For a bit thought it was going to end with a reconciliation. Which I felt wasn't warranted.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

4 Stars on this one . I left My ex at a Party when I aught her playing Doctor with a nobody . Found out after the Divorce they had been having sex for Months . I was working 6 days a week to keep up with the house payments . Her Boy Toy had no job and she burned through a lot of money in a hurry .

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Neither the MC, nor his wife were likable characters. Not sure why people are cheering that he went off with Carol. Yes I get it that his wife was not willing to change, and he needed to but he left no room for compromise. After his near death experience he is having a loooong mid life crisis. Yes she said some nasty stuff and yes she dallied with some minor infidelities, but she didn't fully cheat on him, and MC had set up conditions for a crappy marriage. Of course there is plenty of blame for her actions, words and her final decision as well. Sad.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion7 months ago

Call me old and sentimental but I didn't like the ending. I would have preferred it to have been Sandy not Carol. I also like to watch a Hallmark movie every now and then.

Jalibar62Jalibar626 months ago

Agree with JOMO. Not a fan of the ending. They made great strides toward repairing their relationship, and then, whoops, there went the rug.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I agree with someone else who didn’t like either main character. I thought both Steve and Sandy were selfish, neither really trying to fix their relationship until it was too late. Steve was ridiculous, after his heart attack and surgery he shut his whole family completely out of his life. The story was interesting and mostly entertaining but I thought the ending was weak. Four stars.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

road te bike, and se pealed off er sirt...

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Don't think...

I've ever read a story that had so many comments that seemed evenly split between loving and hating it.

Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Both characters were not likable for different reasons. Wonder if hubby got a blood clot on his brain or a damaged part of his brain from lack of oxygen after heart attack. Just a bog, long mod life crisis. Sandy was not likable either.

bacchant2bacchant22 months ago

Good fun, i interpreted it as being a humourous look at life, not sure if your commentators know what that means.

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

Steve is a bit of an ass. He blames her but he is the one who put weight on and she did try and talk to him but he got angry. If this was the other way round the bob brigade would be chomping at the bit. He is 100% at fault and doesn’t deserve happiness.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous