I'm With the Band Ch. 06

Story Info
Jess confronts Jordan, and he opens up to her.
6.5k words
4.68
2.3k
2
0

Part 6 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 04/25/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

[Note to Literotica: heavy use of italics below]

Jordan was already seated at a table against the wall of the coffee shop in a high-backed, upholstered armchair when Jess walked in wearing her puffy gray jacket, black jeans, and boots. As she stood in line, he went over and kissed her hello; she returned it. They made small talk about the weather and traffic while she ordered and got her coffee. They went and sat down.

"Got here early, huh?" Jess observed.

"Only a little bit, yeah. Why?" Jordan asked. She glanced down at his large, nearly-empty coffee mug, then back up at him. He rhythmically tapped his fingers on the table and confessed, "Since 9:30."

"Mm-hmm. Nervous?"

"I mean, uh..." Jordan met her sharp, piercing gaze. He closed his eyes and nodded. "You already know, don't you?"

Her eyes didn't waver, as though she were examining every micro-expression and gesticulation. "You wanted to talk, so, go ahead."

Jordan took a deep breath. "Okay. So, as you probably already figured out from the pic I sent you, I'm poly. And I'm assuming you know what that means?" He paused. Jess remained silent. Her stare betrayed no emotions nor hinted at any motivations. She was simply listening -- and watching.

"Of course you do," he said. "I'm not ashamed of it, but I also don't really like talking about it, you know? People like me, we're either scorned and shunned by the public, or played up for laughs on late-night TV. 'These celebs are a throuple, isn't that hilarious and weird?!' I mean, I don't expect people to understand, because I know the way I am doesn't jive with society -- certainly not the puritanical hellscape we live in where we can watch a guy get flayed open or their head blown off on the news, but god forbid we show a woman's nipple! That would be the end of society as we know it!

"Sorry, got off track there," Jess smiled a bit at this, but let him continue uninterrupted. "I only really talk about it through music. I put it in my lyrics, and hang my flag on my amp. That's really it. Most people don't know what the flag means, and don't really care. A few do, and some look it up online. The ones that are already in-the-know tend to be cool about it. The others, though -- they're either disgusted by it, or are super-creepy about it. Point is, that's why I didn't just come out and say 'Hey, by the way, I'm poly' the first day I met you. Besides, I didn't think anything was gonna happen with us to begin with. I thought, 'okay, she's hot, I'm glad she's okay, and glad I could help,' and that was it.

"But you came back. And when you did, I still wasn't sure. I really didn't think you came because you liked me. I know, I know, I'm a fucking idiot. But you made your move, and all rational thought went out the window. I should've told you then, but, to be honest, by the time my brain came back from space, you were already on the road.

"And the reason why I didn't say anything between then and now," he paused and sighed. "is because I'm a fucking coward. I was afraid I was gonna lose you --which I might anyways. I'm sorry I waited so long to tell you, but being poly is who I am. And it's who I'll always be.

"Having said that, if you wanna get up and walk out that door and never speak to me again, I totally get it. No hard feelings. This is who I am, but it may not be who you are. I like you for who you are, and wouldn't ask you to change."

No words crossed the table for a full thirty seconds. Jess continued to look in Jordan's eyes; he occasionally glanced at the exit behind her.

Jess broke the silence. "Jordan, do you know why I'm here?" He gave her a puzzled look. She took a sip of her coffee, set it down, and ran her finger along the rim of the mug. "I'm here to see if you were who I thought you were."

Jordan tilted his head. He thought about asking what she meant, but thought better of it.

"When I first met you, I didn't know what to think," she explained, looking up at the ceiling before returning to his eyes. "Onstage, you're this angry mountain of a dude who -- quite frankly -- scares the shit outta me. But offstage you're this awkward, silly, kind, and caring man who genuinely wanted to help me. When I showed you the work I did on the shirt, you actually considered it. You gave real feedback, and you really wanted to work with me on it. And then you -- like the idiot that you are -- actually thought I wanted another voice lesson in that moment!

"And when you stayed the night, you didn't just come in, sleep with me, and leave. I mean, we were both clearly planning on it, but whatever. What I'm saying is, you really wanted to see what I had to offer. You ate the food I made for you, you looked at my ideas, and you were interested. And you looked in my eyes and said things that you have to admit were pretty corny and lame." Jordan laughed and looked down before meeting her gaze again.

"But I liked hearing them. From the day I met you, Jordan, you've never tried to be something you're not. You come as you are. The only word I can think of for it is 'authentic.' You are authentic, Jordan. But you know what else?" she paused, and he shook his head. "So many people have come into my life and told me who I'm supposed to be. I'm supposed to like this kinda music, these movies, talk this way and that. Family, supposed fucking 'friends,' boyfriends. They all have expectations of me, and when I don't meet them, they try and change me.

"But not you. You never asked me to be something I'm not. Even now -- knowing full well I could just leave and never look back -- you aren't asking me to change for you. To a fault, quite frankly. I don't fucking like me. I get panic attacks, I only have one real friend in my life -- and she's a fucking weirdo, too -- I barely talk to my family, I focus too much on my job because it keeps me from thinking about how empty my life is outside it." Her breathing had grown shallow and rapid. She had just admitted things to him she'd never said aloud to anyone before. Jordan wanted to reach forward and grab her hand, but he held back.

She got her breathing back under control and carried on: "Jordan, I'm here because I wanted to see if you were who I thought you were: a kind, caring, open, genuine person that doesn't ask me to compromise who I am. And I got my answer. And I," Jess reached out and took his hand. "want this."

Jordan squeezed her hand and deeply exhaled. He felt like he had been holding his breath the entire time. "That being said," Jess added. "are the rumors true? You seeing someone else?"

"Yes. You wanna meet her?"

"I, uh," Jess stammered. "I-I-I'm not sure? I think so? Maybe? Kinda?"

Jordan laughed. "It's okay, you don't have to. I think she's in the neighborhood, though," he pulled out his phone and started texting. "She had a date last night that turned into this morning, too."

"So, she dates other guys?"

"Yep. Girls, too. And, yeah, looks like her date works around here, so she got breakfast with her and gave her a ride. And..." he nodded his head. "yep. Just dropped her off. Want her to join us?"

"I..." Jess's brain was filled with too much new information to comprehend. "Sure."

"Cool," he went back to his phone. "She's on the way!"

Kyla walked in a couple minutes later. She was wearing large, round sunglasses and an orange sleeveless silk shirt. The shirt was open all the way down the front, but held together by a ladder of short, thin, metal chains. Jess couldn't be certain if Kyla was wearing a bra or not. Kyla made her way to their table in her form-fitting light-blue jeans and short open-toe heels.

"Hey babe! This is Jess?" Kyla asked Jordan and pulled off her sunglasses.

"Yep," Jordan answered. "Jess, this is my wife, Kyla."

So that rumor was true after all, Jess thought. "Uh, nice to meet you."

"Aw, same! He's told me so much about you. But damn, you look even better in person." Jess could feel Kyla's eyes roving up and down her body. Kyla went and grabbed a chair and joined them.

"So, I'm guessing he finally told you?" Kyla asked. Jess nodded. "And you're good?"

"Yeah, just wish he would've told me sooner," Jess said as both she and Kyla turned and stared daggers at Jordan.

"So, um, I'm gonna go get more coffee. Anybody want some?" Jordan stood up and asked, and Kyla nodded.

"Oh, actually, you want some cheesecake? It'll be Jordan's treat," Kyla asked Jess while still giving Jordan a death-stare.

"Sure, absolutely!" Jess said, smirking at Jordan.

As he quickly scurried away to the counter, Kyla leaned over and quietly said to Jess: "Again, I'm so sorry he took so long. It's something I've been trying to work on with him. That boy's had more than one drink dumped on him for it."

"Lotta broken hearts?" Jess asked.

"A few. He doesn't actually date much outside of me, believe it or not. Kind of an introvert, ya know?"

"So, how long have you guys been..." Jess found herself looking for the right word.

"Open?"

"Yeah, that's it."

"Always. Since high school."

"So..."

"Seven years as of October," Kyla said proudly.

Jordan returned carrying a tray with two cups of black coffee and two slices of blueberry cheesecake. He sat down and started serving everything.

"High school sweethearts, huh?" Jess said to Jordan. "And who proposed this whole arrangement?"

"Actually, she did," Jordan answered. "She was just lucky I felt the same way."

"I was soooo nervous," Kyla confessed.

"Anyways," Jordan said, trying to change the subject. "How'd it go last night?"

"It was good," Kyla said through her cheesecake. "Real good."

Jordan pointed at her shirt. "You played the game with her, huh? How'd she do?"

"She got it in five," Kyla boasted.

Jess looked back and forth between Kyla and Jordan. "Game?"

"I'll explain later. Too many people around," Jordan suggested.

"Speaking of explanations, we should probably talk ground rules, expectations, all that," Kyla said. "You want the long version, or the short one?"

"Uh, short, for now. I guess," Jess reluctantly responded.

Kyla began: "Alright. Number one: jealousy. You start feeling jealous towards either of us, talk to us first. We will listen and work through it together. Communication is key to making this whole thing work, 'kay?"

Jess nodded.

"Two: discretion. We're open, but that doesn't mean we're out, loud, and proud about it, ya know? Use good judgement, listen to your instincts, and you should be fine. Three: get tested. If you're with someone outside of us, use protection. Then get tested again."

"Wait," Jess interrupted. "What about pregnancy?"

"I got snipped years ago," Jordan volunteered.

"But on Sunday, you... oh. Gotcha."

"Yep, if you test negative, we're, uh, 'good to go,' as it were."

Jess blushed.

"I know, it's all very new," Jordan held her hand and tried to reassure her. "As Kyla said, communication is very important. Anything you're unsure of, anything you don't know, whatever it is, just ask; odds are, we've been there before."

Jess squeezed back, then became aware of Kyla staring at her. "Oh, sorry, uh..."

"Don't mind me. Want me to hold your hand, too?" Kyla winked at her.

"Oh, I'm straight, sorry."

"All good. I still think it's adorable," Kyla said, tenderly ogling them. "Anyways, I've got shopping to do, so I'll leave you both to it. Bye babe, have fun," she stood up and kissed him.

"Yeah, you too," Jordan replied while looking down at Kyla's unfinished cheesecake. "Hey, you didn't finish your... I'm dreading the receipts."

"You should!" she called back.

Once Kyla left, Jordan turned to Jess. "So, I'm guessing you gotta go back to work, then?"

"I took the day off."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Figured I'd either need the day to eat way too much ice cream and bawl my eyes out, or I'd need the day to have you show me your place."

They both promptly got up and left.

"Jordan?"

"Yeah?"

"I know it's gauche to ask about people's money, but..." Jess gestured to the interior of Jordan's car. They were both sitting on soft, snow-white, European leather seats -- with automatic heating -- surrounded by plush scarlet leather and black lacquered wooden paneling. With the exception of the gentle hum of the climate control and the occasional shift of butt-on-leather, it was whisper-quiet inside.

"Mm-hmm?" Jordan kept his eyes on the road, with one hand on the steering wheel and one on the gearshift. They had been driving through the city for several minutes before Jess had broken the silence.

"A Mercedes, Jordan? How can you afford this? I mean, I'm sure Kuhani does okay and all, but not this okay!"

"It's not that expensive," he quietly demurred.

"Jordan, your doors opened for us automatically; your car seemingly had no windows to speak of until you started you car, at which point they magically appeared like something outta sci-fi; and speaking of, your car started up before we got in. The only thing that's 'not that expensive' about your car is that it's a stick."

"Yeah, had to fight to get that installed. Kyla hates it," Jordan said.

"Speaking of, you guys were talking about some kind of game?"

"Oh, yeah. So, you saw those chains holding her shirt together? One of them's fake."

"How so?"

"One of them isn't attached to her shirt; it's attached to her nipples. Well, her piercings, actually."

Jess's eyes were moons at that moment.

"Oh, that's just the setup," Jordan continued. "The game is they have to guess which chain is the fake one. There's twenty-four real ones there, and she makes 'em guess by having them pull on 'em one at a time. If they get it in five guesses or less, they win."

"And," Jess asked hesitantly. "what do they win?"

"Whatever they want. I hold the record, by the way," Jordan said with some pride. "Got it in two."

"On your first date, or...?"

"Honeymoon, actually."

Jess blinked a couple of times and shook her head. "Right. Married. Gotta get used to that."

"Again, sorry," Jordan said.

"Hey, you don't have to apologize. I mean, ya suck for waiting to tell me, but, I get it. It's not an easy thing to share. And besides," Jess said. She wrapped her arms around his right bicep and rested her head on it before continuing, "I'm still here, right where I wanna be."

"I'm glad," he gently smiled. "I really am." As they kept driving, the buildings eventually gave way to trees and rolling farmland. Most of the trees were already bare, as autumn was beginning to make way for winter.

"Any plans for Thanksgiving?" Jess asked. "Going home, visiting family?"

"Nah, not really. Will probably just have friends come over, do something quiet and intimate. You?"

Jess sighed. "I dunno. I might skip it this year; tell my parents I'm busy or somethin'. Families suck, huh?"

"You could do it with us, if you want," Jordan offered.

"My first 'Friendsgiving.' Sounds nice," Jess quietly murmured. She could feel her eyelids growing heavy. Sleep came easily after that.

Twenty minutes later, she felt a wet spot under her cheek. She opened her eyes as she felt the car decelerate. "Oh, sorry," she said as she wiped the drool from her face.

"Quite alright," Jordan said.

"Holy crap, we're not there yet?" Jess wondered.

"Almost. We're just turning onto my lane now," Jordan answered. Jess thought it looked dark outside, then realized that they were driving through a forest. The paved road was dotted with wet patches of brown leaves, but was otherwise well-maintained.

"So, what, you live in a mansion up on a hill, overlooking us peons while we toil and live in filth and squalor?"

"Mmmm, I wouldn't call it a mansion, exactly. But otherwise, yes," Jordan said, giving her a wink. Jess saw an opening in the trees ahead. Once they drove into unbroken sunlight, she got a clear view of an unassuming canary-yellow two-story house. The road gently sloped up to a three-car garage attached to it.

"So no neighbors, I take it?" Jess asked. Jordan nodded, and that's when it occurred to her that he said 'my lane.'

This whole lane was his driveway, Jess thought.

"I have about a thousand questions, and I don't even know where to start," she lamented.

"It's really not that interesting of a story. In fact, it's one you've probably heard before."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. The truth is," Jordan paused and sighed. "my parents were mugged and killed outside of a theater when I was a kid."

Jess gasped. "Oh, I'm so sorry, Jordan. I had no idea."

"Yeah. From the will, I got the house and the family business, and was left in the care of their butler. His name's Alfred. Nice guy, pretty quiet. Keeps to himself, for the most part. You'll like him."

Jess glared at him. "Were you just giving me Batman's origin story?"

Jordan back the car into the garage. "Maybe."

"God dammit, Jordan! Don't do that to me!" she laughed, and playfully smacked his arm. He had a shit-eating grin plastered on his face and shut off the engine. Jess's phone vibrated at that moment, and she pulled her attention away from him long enough to check. Jordan saw her smiling and biting the corner of her lip at the screen, but he didn't want to pry.

"Come on, let's get inside." They left the garage and went around and entered through the large double front doors. As Jordan turned off the alarm and turned on the heat, Jess observed a wooden staircase going up to the second floor. To the right was what appeared to be a living room with a couple couches, a coffee table, and a fireplace. Across from the front door to the left of the stairs was a walkway that led to another room containing a black grand piano, a couple of grey leather armchairs, and a guitar.

"Can I take your jacket?" he offered.

"Sure, thanks," Jess said. She unzipped and pulled it off to reveal a tight, long-sleeved charcoal sweater. The outline of her bra was visible underneath.

"I'll give you the tour later. Right now, I want to show you something," he said, hanging her jacket up on a nearby coat rack.

"Oh?" Jess raised her eyebrows in anticipation.

"Yeah. It's why I bought this place. Up here," he took her hand and led her upstairs. They walked side-by-side down the hallway, passing by what Jess believed were a couple of bedrooms. Jordan opened a door at the very end and led her into the master bedroom.

"Woah," Jess was taken aback. The hardwood flooring of the room was covered with plush, thick rugs. A bass guitar and amp was in the corner in front of the door. To the right was an enormous four-poster bed neatly made with a black and deep-red duvet and black pillows. The walls were painted with simple brown and white geometric designs, and had framed paintings hung up of nude women in a variety of sensual, yet tasteful poses. The lone exception was the wall on the right side of the bed, which appeared to be composed entirely of vertical planks of wood, and was devoid of any artwork.

Although she thought Jordan was taking her to the bed, he instead pulled her around it. He reached for a remote on the nightstand and pushed a button. The soft sound of a motor whirring could be heard, and the planks of wood started turning on their axes to reveal a floor-to-ceiling window and a glass door leading out to a balcony.

"Holy shit," Jess breathed. The thin wooden blinds were now slowly sliding to the side away from the glass door.

"You ain't seen nothin' yet," Jordan smirked, and led her out to the balcony.

Jess imagined this was what it was like to be royalty in the old days. You wake up; you roll out of your enormous, comfortable bed; your servants dress you; they warm up your castle for you; and you walk out to your balcony and survey all the subjects and land in your domain. But, as Jordan contested earlier, it wasn't a huge house. It wasn't something Jess could ever afford, but it also wasn't a house befitting the uber-wealthy. To Jess, it seemed he put his money -- wherever it came from -- into luxuries he cared about; he didn't buy luxuries just for the sake of having them. His house was functional and convenient, but felt comfortable. It wasn't enormous, because it didn't need to be.

12