In From The Cold

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
carl420
carl420
1 Followers

"Hey bud, I think you should step away." He said dejected. He held his hand out and pushed Doug out of the way.

The police ran over and started to talk. "Are you all right, son? What happened?"

"I hit that car. And there's been no movement."

The second policeman ran over to the car. He looked inside and said nothing to his partner. The boys then saw him talking to the radio on his shoulder. He came back to his partner and said "She didn't make it, Matt. I called the paramedics. They're on their way."

The first police turned back to Doug. "Okay now we know that you killed someone. You could tell me again what happened? I see a cell phone in your hand. Were you texting, son?" He looked sideways at the boy.

"Yes Sir, I was."

"And what is that I smell? Is that beer?" He stood waiting for the answer that the new was yes.

"I...umm... Well you see, sir"

"Tell you what son, hang right here while I got in the car."

He saw immediately the flicker in the boy's eyes as he went from, confident and sure of himself to scared as hell. He knew the boy had been drinking. When he returned from his police car, he had something with him. The boy wasn't sure what it was but it made him nervous. "Now boy, relax and breathe into this." He held out what the boy now knew was a Breathalyzer. The policeman put it into his mouth. The boy shrugged his shoulders, giving up, and would blow a 1.3. "Well now, that is a different story." The policeman said. "Not only were you texting on your phone you are also drunk. "You know that texting on your phone while you drive is illegal in South Carolina. And the drinking limit, that is .08. You fail on both. Now turn around." He started to handcuff the boy and read him his Miranda rights. Oh fuck, now I know my parents will kill me.

Behind him the paramedics were pulling the body out of the car and covering it with the white sheet.

*

Linda was manning the radio when the call came in from the ambulance were coming in with a DOA. "DOA coming in, stat!" She yelled out to the floor. There was running around by the nurses and the doctors to clear a room. There was nothing anyone could do but the body would stay there and be cleaned up. Within minutes the ambulance was there and they were wheeling in the victim of the accident. The nurses directed the paramedics to the empty room.

It was Linda's job to go in and see what was needed to clean up the body. A few minutes later, Linda came in and pulled back the sheet. It took her a minute to recognize Michelle because of the laceration across her forehead. When she did, she screamed and fell to her knees crying. Beth, another nurse, came in and held Linda by the shoulders. "Was wrong, girl? Baby, what is it?" She asked, scared to death.

"It is Michelle. I was beginning to wonder why she was so late this morning. Now I know. She's fucking dead!" She screamed angrily. "We have to let Richard know before he comes into class."

*

Richard was trying hard to focus on his annual report. But it was like sirens singing their beautiful music, distracting him from his work. All he could think of was Michelle. He wanted to take her out to dinner again. To see her radiant smile, to see her hands wrapped around the wine glass. To watch her walk across the floor. To make love to her in the dark of night. He looked up at the clock and saw that he only had one hour to go. One hour to see Michelle. He tried to focus back on his report.

At 5 o'clock, he left immediately. He was in a hurry to get to class. Brief case packed, bosses talked to, words to the team, all was done. He walked quickly to his truck, got in, and sped off. He made it to the hospital and briskly walked to the elevators. He took it to up to the fifth floor where he had class.

The elevator doors open and Richard stepped out of the elevator, his classroom was only down the hall two doors. Linda and another woman was standing there.

"Richard," Linda yelled out.

"Hello, what's up?"

"You don't know, do you?" Linda asked him.

"Know what, I just got here." Linda grabbed his arm and walked him into one of the other classrooms and closed the door.

"Am I in trouble, Linda?" He smiled broadly.

She forced a smile back. "No, no, is nothing like that. If only, it was." She said she laid her hands on his hands." Richard, I have some really bad news. Michelle died this morning in a car accident with a drunk driver. I'm so sorry, Richard." She gave him a hug and held very tightly too.

"I...I don't understand. I... I just dropped her off last night after our trip. Are you sure it was her? I mean, could it have been anyone? I don't understand."

"You know, Michelle was loved by everyone and everyone will support you." The other ladies said."No Richard, sorry." Linda looked like the world was caving in on her. And on Richard.

"And who the fuck are you?" Richard was moving into anger in his processing

"I'm sorry," said Linda. She opened her hand on the ladies shoulder." This is Beth McGraw, Richard. She'll lead a team in Michelle's absence."

"Well, I guess the show must go on." Frustrated, angry, sad Richard threw his hands up and shrugged his shoulders. He walked away toward the elevator. He heard Linda's footsteps running to catch up with him. She jumped in the elevator right as the door closed.

"What do you want, Linda?

"I want to be close to Linda, so I am close to you. I know how quickly you two connected. And how deeply. I talked with Michelle last night when y'all got home."

Richard sort of blushed from the embarrassment of two girls talking, sharing secrets, telling gossip. "Don't worry Richard, it was all good and Michelle was so happy to have met you and spend time with you. Believe that."

The elevator reached the ground floor and the door opened. Linda and Richard stood in an embrace. They both cried. They stood there for a few minutes and kept the doors from closing. The two broke apart and looked to each other's eyes. They made the connection. Richard said good night and left. No matter what, he could not deal with class tonight.

He drove out to Folly Beach. There he could be alone with his thoughts. He got to the beach and luckily he had a jacket because it had gotten colder. He parked and walked out to the edge of the water. For a moment he looked at the wide expanse of ocean. He thought and hoped the message got through to Michelle. Why did you leave, Michelle? What am I supposed to do now? I love you.

Michelle watched the only way she could. From across a lake. Suddenly the world was so small, she thought. And then she began the hear Richard. Could he hear her? It was worth a try. I did not leave on purpose, she thought. You are going to be fine, lover. And I love you, Richard. That will never change. Not now. Not ever.

Richard began to feel the feelings of peace. It is all going to be okay. I am right where I am supposed to be. For And with that, he walked off into the sunset and onto his next adventure.

carl420
carl420
1 Followers