In Hot Water Pt. 05

Story Info
The siblings are questioned by family, friends, and the law.
8k words
4.67
12.2k
32

Part 5 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 08/12/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LazyLayoff
LazyLayoff
139 Followers

Author's note:

BDSM elements in this part.

All characters over eighteen.

Part 5/6

~~~~~~

CHAPTER 23

Before I can say anything, my sister's lips are stuck to my face.

I tell her it's fine.

"It's not," she says, between kisses. "I don't like people taking you away."

The uniformed cop who escorted me outside is still holding the door open, and watching the performance. I try to move my sister to the sidewalk, as I don't want to do any more explaining today.

"They just needed to ask me some stuff."

"All day?" Jessica lets go of me with her lips, but her fingers hold my ribs. A streetlight flickers to life between our heads and a dead Oregon sky.

"Yeah, Dad cooked himself up something good."

"What happened?"

"They sat me in a room. Mostly I waited. Then they asked about the checks. That went on for a while. I didn't have much to tell them, but they kept at it. Then they asked about work, and what my relationship with Dad is there."

"And?" Jessica grabs my hand, and leads me away from the police station. The hem of her yellow dress swishes around her thighs, as we walk.

"I just said as little as I could. I told them Dad got me the job, and I don't really know anything else."

"Did they ask about Todd?"

"Kind of. They wanted to know about anybody else who was hired with me, but didn't say why they were asking. I didn't tell them what we know. They focused more on the checks than my work."

Jessica leads us around a street corner at a stoplight. We're way out east by Gresham, and I don't know this neighborhood well.

"I'm parked up here," she says.

"Want me to drive?"

"If you want."

"Nah, I've done enough damage today."

Jessica unlocks Kevin's Audi, and climbs in the driver side, as four people clad in yellow t-shirts approach on the sidewalk. Blue denim overalls wrap over the shoulders of one girl, who grips a gas mask. Their combined determined stares convince me to keep out of their path.

My sister takes us west out of the city, where home sits on a flat quiet road, next to a park. Night falls over a soundtrack of turn signal clicks, as Jessica works lane changes, and exits.

"They're going to drag you in too," I say.

Jessica yanks the e-brake. "I'm surprised they haven't called me yet."

"I did give them your number, but I doubt they'll haul you in like they did to me."

Slippery gravel crunches under my heels, and we stop at the bottom of the steps.

"Oh, and the guys who took me in talked about you on the way to the station."

My sister pinches her brow. "What about me?"

"The cop who was standing by your door said my girlfriend seems to like me, and wanted to know how long we'd been together."

"And?"

"I said 'since school started.'"

The wheels in the green turn briefly. "I'm good with that."

Dark windows loom above us.

"Mom's not home, I take it?"

"No, she's off with Phil, then has to work all night."

"What's it like inside?"

"It's a disturbing mess. They tore through everything."

"I don't really want to go in there right now." I pull my sister by the hand onto the pavement toward the park. She skips her step to close the gap, and clings to my side. We follow the trail of overhead lights alongside the winding pathway. As we near the far side of the park, my sister stops us in the darkness between the lampposts.

Jessica looks at me.

"What?"

"One of my favorite things happened here."

"When we put on a show for that couple?"

"Mm-Hmm. I had no idea you were going to do that."

"That was a good one, but there's one I like more."

"When did it happen?"

"Every school morning," I say. "When you leave."

"When I leave?" The last word curls up and boils on her tongue.

"When we get off the bus and you kiss me with the crowd of people around."

"That terrifies me every time I do it."

"You do it every morning."

"Mm-Hmm, it scares me, but it's thrilling at the same time. I picture people staring at us from the shops across the street. Or the temp office above them. I feel like the bird on the sign is watching us."

"At least that's not one of Donna's offices. And you do it every single day, even with that?"

"I'm not leaving you without kissing you goodbye." Jessica puckers her lips and innocently pecks my cheek.

My sister's dress swirls against the back of my hand, as we continue our walk with our fingers woven together.

"Did you find out about anyone else?" asks Jessica. "The Red Haired Lady closed off and quit talking to me right after the cops took you in. I don't understand why she was texting me all that. It was like a game to her."

"Not really. They were pretty tight lipped."

"Hmm."

"So what was it like having a car for a day?"

"Shitty. I was worried about my kid brother, and wondering if I was next. Oh, speaking of which, Jane says they'll be by tomorrow to pick up the car. They're staying another night at the beach."

"I swear that thing wants to go 120. They're bringing my phone too, right?"

"Yes, Jane has it."

"Great. Cops really want that. I bet they want yours too."

"But we're safe, right? I mean us."

"Should be." I shrug against my sister. "Blue dot texts, and all that. I'm going to double check our chat to make sure it's empty, before I turn my phone in."

We share a quiet walk the rest of the way back, and then we're inside the kitchen door staring at a chaotic ransacked mess. It looks like we've been robbed, and they were not gentle about it.

Jessica says, "Yeah, it's pretty bad," and walks down the hall, flipping on lights.

I survey the ruins of the kitchen and living room, not wanting to approach the disaster. Cabinets opened, contents strewn all over the counters. It's overwhelming to even begin thinking about cleaning it up.

"Jesus," I say. "If I had money, I'd get us a hotel room tonight."

"I was thinking about that today while I was waiting for you." My sister looks at me from the other side of the kitchen.

"A hotel?"

"Yes. I... I want to do something. When we have money. But you need to be feeling adventurous."

"What do you want to do?"

Jessica steps in front of me and looks me in the eye.

"Fancy hotel. You and me. We go to the front desk, and tell them our names. First and last, for real. Then I put my tongue down your throat in front of everyone in the lobby, and ask for a room."

"They'd probably think we're newlyweds."

"They might. We can be whoever we want. They won't know us. Then I want to make out in the hot tub by the pool. And drink wine and maybe get caught fucking. I'd either play it off like I'm innocent and embarrassed. Or, like it doesn't bother me in the least, like when I was getting dressed in front of you. I might work both in. I haven't decided that part yet."

My sister's fantasy is now my fantasy.

Jessica stares at me. "Would you play along?"

"Of course," I say. "As soon as I get my work pay sorted. But now I need your help with something."

Jessica raises her eyebrows.

I pull my sister by the hand down the hall to her room, stopping next to her bed. She looks at me, and I take hold of the sides of her yellow sundress. Jessica raises her arms, and I lift the dress over her head. Her eyes don't leave me, as I throw the only thing she was wearing into a crumpled pile by the door. Then she climbs on the bed and sits on her knees. I toss everything I'm wearing below the waist after Jessica's dress, then I'm on the mattress beside her, spinning her around, so she faces away. She leans down on her elbows and knees, and looks back. I push myself inside her, and we fuck under the full illumination of her ceiling light, rocking back and forth, with her bed wobbling underneath us. The bounce is really in control of our pace, and it begins to piss me off. She reaches back with her arm, and I grab her below the elbow. This helps for a time, but my knees slip on her purple comforter, and I lose my grip on her.

I make a fist of my sister's hair, tight against the back of her head, and pull her toward me. Her neck arches back, and she whimpers. Then she slides her hand below and rubs herself. Jessica pinches her eyes shut in a tight face, and I try to read her expression, but it's hard to see from where I am.

My sister's bed shakes and squeaks as we chase what we're after together. The pinched look on her face grows tighter, and her rubbing quickens, as I get close. She's pulling short, quick breaths, then she twitches and groans. Her hand below slows, and a few rocks later I pull her hair harder, and fill her.

I collapse on my elbow next to my sister, our faces inches apart. Jessica hangs limp in my grip, her mouth halfway open, as I bend her neck back. Her eyes gaze past me, working some emotion beyond the confines of her bedroom.

My sister will let me do anything I want to her.

A thousand fantasies begin to form, and all quickly shatter when I realize I might hurt her. I let go of her hair, and black silk runs down my arm. Jessica's face softens, as she rolls onto her back, and sucks in a breath.

"Are you okay?" I ask. "Did I hurt you?"

"I'm okay." Jessica sucks in one breath after another. "That was hot."

I roll over next to her, and my shoulder throbs. I realize I need to catch my breath too.

"I want to get caught doing that by some strangers," says Jessica, staring at the ceiling.

Getting to know my exhibitionist sister.

My shirt is adhered to my chest with a layer of sweat, so I tear it off and throw it after the pile of clothes by the door. My sister rolls off the bed, but I'm still catching my breath.

The hiss of running water.

"Shower time?"

I follow the sound, and push Jessica into the water, not bothering to close the bathroom door.

At first it's all business, and we're using orange stuff and shampoo.

Then I pin her against the wall.

Jessica leans in and presses her face against mine. I let go of her sides, and grab each of her breasts, until a white hot light burns across my shoulder, and forces me to let go.

"Sorry." My sister's touch fades. "I forgot."

We play in the water for a bit, before capping the orange and calling it good.

Then I'm sitting on my sister's bed with a robe around me, while she stands at the foot brushing long wet streaks of dark hair. I'd shut off all the lights, and locked the kitchen door, rather than address the mess. When I stop by my room I find the police have freed me every electronic device I own, including my spare phone charger, a shitty laptop, and a PlayStation 3.

"Is Mom coming home tonight?" I ask.

"She didn't say." Jessica leans over to one side, her robe cinched tightly around her waist. Her hair falls in an arc, and she pulls a brush down the length of it. Each time she reaches the end, she takes the brush up next to her face, for another stroke down.

I lay back on Jessica's bed. "I don't want to give the police my phone."

"Me either." My sister puts down the brush and lays next to me. "But you like kissing me in front of the bus stop?"

"That's different," I say. "I don't like the idea of people reading what we talk about. Especially if it's in a court record or something."

"But if it's just us doing something. And we let people see."

"Then it's fun. Why is that?"

"Not sure," says Jessica. "But it is."

"Anything on your phone you're worried about?"

"That convo with the Red Haired Lady today. That's pretty much it. Jane and I don't use the blue dots much, but we also don't talk about anything the cops will care about."

Jessica runs her foot down my calf, then rolls against me, and puts her knee between my legs. "What do you think Mom would say if she found us like this? Think she'd just figure we had a traumatic day?"

"Maybe. Not sure I care anymore."

"Same." Jessica sits halfway up, and tosses off her robe, then kills the lamp. The room dissolves into darkness around her pale bare shoulders, and I surrender my own robe to the floor. My sister pulls her purple comforter over us. I can't see its color, but I know it by feel.

"Can I be the jetpack?" I ask. "So I can whisper evil things to you."

"It's just called 'spooning' when you do it." Jessica rolls on her side, and presses her back into me.

I rub my sister's shoulder, then drape my arm over her side, and breathe on her neck. We float in a bubble of orange, and some other unidentifiable fruit. I'd paid more attention to her naked skin than the bottles she used while we were in the shower.

"Why'd you move here?" I ask.

"School. You know that."

"But, I mean, why here for school? Was it just money?"

"Mostly. Cheaper school, plus no rent for now. I couldn't afford to keep going up there, and Dad would only pay for something down here. It's better on paper, even without whatever he's doing."

I trace circles over my sister's ribs, then cup her breast and pull her tight against me. At first she arches her back, pushing her chest into my hand. Then she curls forward, and we're two crescents pressed together. Her hair and the fruit within form a mask over my face, and I'm breathing through a screen of wet silk. It's cold and weird, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

"Did Dad offer you a job, like he did for me?" I ask.

"Yes, actually."

"You turned him down?"

"I told him I'm focused on school. He really wanted me to take the job, but he knows not to push me too far."

A smile grows inside Jessica's hair.

"Why do you ask?"

"Just wondered."

"Did you think I moved all this way to hang out with you?" My sister covers my hand with hers and squeezes. Her hand over my hand, over her breast.

"I'd be lying if I didn't say bossing me around seemed like part of the appeal."

"You need it sometimes." Jessica adjusts her head on the pillow, and her hair strands shift and tickle my face.

I breathe deep. "New shampoo?"

"Kiwi, guava. I got it this afternoon, while I was waiting for you. And thinking about hotels."

~~~~~~

CHAPTER 24

"I'm going in to work." I push myself up by my palms to look over a rose bush. Yellow paint flakes off the top of the wooden picnic table and sticks to my hands. I'm straining to see the bench my dad and Kirsten had soiled, a stone's throw to our right, but a hedge of roses blocks my view. "I want to dig around more. I've got a couple ideas."

"Workers comp people give you the green light?" asks Jessica.

"Yeah, they told me on Friday, before we left. I'm going to have Kevin and Jane drop me off at the MAX when we give the car back." I sit down next to my sister. "I don't like missing anthropology, but there's no way I'm going to econ. I can't handle the guest lecturer. His lack of a ridiculous accent makes it hard to respect him."

"Then what?"

"Turn my phone in, I guess."

Jessica's mouth moves, as she taps on her screen. She's wearing the golden brown lip color again. Her gestures rustle through her black fleece jacket against my arm. "Jane says they're almost here."

"What are you going to do?"

"Go to my chemistry lecture. Wait for the FBI, or whoever to call."

We grabbed breakfast, and came out to sit in the park, rather than address the mess in the house. The sun's yellow hands reach through oak trees at the edge of the lawn, but the cold damp of the ground still holds sway, and the air hangs heavy. Mom stayed at Phil's house, and though Jessica assured her we were fine, I know she worried anyway.

"Do you have any cash?" asks Jessica. "I just need enough to get my bank account up to a positive balance again."

I slide a couple twenty dollar bills out of my jeans pocket, and hand them to my sister.

"You don't have to give me all of it."

I tell her to take it, then I size up the bridge across the street, and look back at the park bench closer to us. It looks different during the day, and I wonder how much Kirsten had really seen.

A truck's booming low idle forces me to turn my attention to the street. Jessica does the same, as does everyone walking down the path nearby.

But it's not a truck.

A fire engine red Oldsmobile sits between us and the chips shop. Kevin and Jane climb out of the back seat, and Kevin waves at us, then secures himself in line at the shop. The car rumbles away, and Jane crosses the grassy bit of the park, setting her bag down on the other side of our table.

"Lose this?" Jane holds out my phone, without looking up from her own. "It rang on the way back just now."

Eight percent battery remaining, and a swarm of notifications.

One text from Mom with Phil's number. And one from Rachel. I swipe that one away before I even read it. Fuck that noise. One missed phone call from an unknown number, one voice mail, and one text from the previous evening from Dad saying, "let's talk about the checks tomorrow. I'm getting lunch at the plaza. Meet me."

"Everything okay?" Jessica is watching my face.

"Not sure."

I hold the voice mail button, and a short, robotic voice informs me that my bank account has been frozen, pending a legal investigation. How kind of them to inform me two full days later.

"Well?" asks Jessica.

"My bank account is fucked."

"You already knew that."

"Dad texted me back too. Wants to meet me down town."

Jessica scrunches up her nose. "You going to go?"

"I think I need to."

Jane sets her phone on the table and waves across the street to Kevin. The bench tilts under her weight in the soggy ground, as she sits in front of Jessica and me.

"Okay, you two." Jane folds her hands on the table. "I know you've got some weird shit going on right now, but I have to do this."

"Do what?" asks Jessica.

"What's going on with you?"

"Well," says my sister, "our dad is up to something. I don't even know where to begin."

"That's not what I mean." Jane stares at Jessica. "I mean you. And you." She turns her gaze to me, and holds it for a moment, then looks back at my sister.

"What do you want to know?" Jessica tilts her head slightly.

Jane sighs. "You move back here. You're happy. You're upset. You're really happy. And you don't talk about any of it. You stick to your brother like glue, and he's the same with you." She tosses a short glance at me. "So, I'll ask again. What's going on with you two?"

Jessica presses her lips together, and a tight cold vice clamps down on my chest. I want to leap off the bench, but running won't free me from Jane's inquisition. I can't answer the question either. An uncomfortable silence forms on a soggy yellow table.

When my sister doesn't respond, Jane raises her eyebrows and sits back.

"My brother and I are very close."

Mike & Ikes, Dots, Good & Plenty.

"You're close?" Jane does not look impressed. "Close how?"

I can't tell if she's figured it out and is baiting us.

"We're close," says Jessica, "like you and Kevin are."

Jane smirks. "Like Kevin and me? So what, you go on dates and get fish and chips and shit?" She points over her shoulder with her thumb.

"Yes, actually."

The smirk on Jane's face evaporates. She leans her elbows on the table, takes in a measure of me with her eyes, then returns her attention to my sister. "So you go on dates, and get food. You do other stuff too? Is that what you're getting at?"

Whoppers, Rolo, Nestle Crunch.

"Yes, we do. We--" Jessica takes a deep breath. "We do everything together."

"Are you seriously saying what I think you are?"

Mamba, Air Heads, Jolly Ranchers.

"Mm-Hmm." My sister gives a faint nod.

Jane stares at Jessica, deadpan. "You guys are fucking. Like, actual fucking."

"I thought that's why you asked." Jessica sits calm, almost hushed.

This table is a prison, and I am an inmate.

"I knew something was up, but I didn't figure on that. Who all knows about this?"

LazyLayoff
LazyLayoff
139 Followers