In Service of the Queen Ch. 04

Story Info
Adelaide experiences her first big city harvest festival.
4.9k words
4.83
2.7k
5

Part 4 of the 9 part series

Updated 04/28/2024
Created 01/22/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In Service of the Queen

by Davina Lee

An alternative future of women and their adventures

*

Author's Note

Welcome, friend! As we concluded our last chapter, Adelaide had decided to spend a lazy afternoon napping with her girl crush, Tiara. Some days later, Adelaide is back in her apartment being awakened by her slightly hyperactive roommate, Vivienne.

* * *

Chapter 4: The Mabon Priestess

Adelaide's bedroom, Empyrea City

Adelaide opened her eyes and quickly squeezed them shut again. Her brief look had revealed the image of Vivienne, framed in early morning sunlight, standing over her and holding an apple in her outstretched hand. Adelaide reached down, trailing her fingertips over the bed linens until she found the top edge of her comforter. She pulled the comforter up until it covered her head.

"Addie," said Vivienne, slowly shaking her head while bending to perch herself on the side of Adelaide's bed.

"This is creepy," mumbled Adelaide from under the covers. "Even for you. Why are you standing over my bed with an apple?"

"I knocked and you didn't answer."

"Because I'm sleeping, Viv. Shouldn't you be shagging Cosette or something?"

"It's Mabon, Addie."

"Which is why I'm sleeping in. I have the day off school. Everybody has the day off. I don't even have any homework due."

"And why is that, friend?" Vivienne reached out to pull Adelaide's comforter down to just under her nose. "Why does everyone have the day off today?"

Adelaide squinted against the light. "Because of the festival," she mumbled.

"Because of the festival. The festival of the equinox, Addie. One of the four major holidays celebrated here in Empyrea, and the one holiday that happens to coincide with the harvest. Which means..." Vivienne pushed her hand holding the apple closer to Adelaide's face.

"Food," grumbled Adelaide, plucking the apple from Vivienne's grasp.

"And," said Vivienne, springing to her feet, "hot druid babes!"

Adelaide smirked as Vivienne turned a quick circle, arms wide, while Vivienne's pumpkin-colored peasant's skirt, riding low on her hips, flew out to the sides.

"You auditioning for the part of druid priestess?" ask Adelaide.

"I'm getting into the spirit of Mabon."

Adelaide blinked twice and looked Vivienne over from head to toe. "The celebrations where I grew up were pretty low key, but I don't think I've ever seen a druidess showing that much skin. Aren't they all about flowing robes and leafy crowns?"

"This?" said Vivienne, dragging her fingertips across her bare midriff. "This is for Cosette. She does this thing when we're in the shower where she kneels in front of me and runs her tongue all around my navel, whispering how she knows I can't hold it much longer and then she tickles me until I--"

"You know what?" said Adelaide. "No. I don't need to know the details of what you two get up to in the mornings. And for friend's sake Viv, I have to use that shower, too."

"Sorry. Filter."

"And a scrub brush." Adelaide grabbed the edge of the comforter and yanked it back up over her head.

"Come on, Addie. Everybody's going to be there. The Elysium's flying over. Your sister and her pilot buddies will be there. The queen's addressing the crowd."

Under the covers, Adelaide rolled onto her side, facing away from Vivienne.

"Tiara's going to be there..."

"Yeah, with her band," grumbled Adelaide.

"That's what this is about, isn't it? This mood," teased Vivienne, curling her fingers around the edge of Adelaide's comforter and tugging downward. "Your girl's busy and you miss her. I totally understand. Which is why we need to get you up and dressed."

"Assuming you're correct in your assumption about my relationship status. And I'm not saying you are. How's that going to help?"

"Food!" exclaimed Vivienne, yanking Adelaide's comforter down to her waist. "Hot druid babes wandering around with platters piled high with food, Addie. And beer. Now get out of bed."

* * *

Empyrea City Trolley Stop #31

"You could've let me make coffee first," Adelaide grumbled.

"Here it comes now, babe," said Vivienne, peering down the tracks. "Get ready."

"Your cheeriness is not helping my lethargy."

"Tonje said she'd have coffee for us. You ever had Tonje's kokekaffe, Addie? Trust me. It's worth the trolley ride and the wait."

"And I suppose Cosette's making crah... cwah..."

"Croissants?" said Vivienne. "No. She's at the festival already. Been there since this morning, helping set up."

"What about you?" asked Adelaide. "If this whole thing doesn't just scream culinary program, I don't know what does."

"I've been helping since sunrise," replied Vivienne. "I just came by to see why your lazy ass hadn't put in appearance yet... friend."

Adelaide frowned.

"Come on, Addie. Get on the trolley."

* * *

In the youth hostel kitchen, twenty minutes later

"Oh my!" exclaimed Adelaide. "Friend Tonje! This might be the best coffee I've ever had. Not that I'm an expert by any means, but wow! This is top shelf."

"Told you," said Vivienne.

"Thank you friend," replied Tonje, draping her hand on Adelaide's arm. "I'm pleased you like it."

"Mm," said Adelaide, raising her mug for another sip. "Love it! And your festival outfit. Love that, too."

And then, turning to Vivienne, Adelaide said, "Friend Vivienne. I'm sorry for behaving badly this morning."

"You were severely under-caffeinated, babe. I accept your apology and I forgive you," Vivienne leaned in and pinched Adelaide's cheek. "Love to stay and chat, but I've got things to do. The culinary arts wait for no one."

With her hand still laid on Adelaide's forearm, Tonje gave a little squeeze. "We'll take good care of Friend Adelaide, Friend Vivienne. Don't worry."

"Thank you, friend," said Vivienne, as she turned on her heel and marched toward the door.

"Who's we?" asked Adelaide.

"Sorry?" replied Tonje.

"You said we. When you told Vivienne you'd take care of me, you said we. But Tiara's with her band, getting set up for later, Cosette's setting up at the festival, and..." Adelaide looked out in to the empty hallway.

"The druidesses," said Tonje.

"The druidesses? I guess that explains your outfit, but--"

"Come, it is easier if I show you." Tonje moved her hand to cover Adelaide's and wove their fingers together. Tonje moved through the door and into the hallway with Adelaide in tow.

* * *

In the youth hostel lounge

"Oh, my." Adelaide stood with her mouth gaping for four or five seconds before managing to complete her thought. "You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen."

At the center of a ring of young women, all wearing flowing, hooded robes of white, stood a single woman of dark complexion. Clad in a goldenrod dress and wearing her hair braided atop her head, being interwoven with a crown of laurel leaves by the women surrounding her, she was staring down at her feet. "Thank you, friend," she said.

"Friend Adelaide," said Tonje. "Meet this year's Mabon Priestess."

"Vivienne wasn't kidding," said Adelaide.

The Mabon Priestess looked up. Settling her eyes on Adelaide's face, she offered a smile.

"Vivienne told me there'd be hot druid babes at the, um... Her words, not mine... You know how she is... Um, I'll shut up now."

"Friend Adelaide," said the Mabon Priestess.

"Your... um... highness?"

"Please, call me Eniola. It is the name my mother gave me."

"Eniola," repeated Adelaide, her eyes wide and slightly glazed.

"Friend Adelaide," said Eniola. "I have a favor to ask of you, if I may."

"Um... sure?"

"Would you do me the honor of joining my entourage for the festival? I'm sorry to spring this on you last minute, but with Friend Cosette busy making preparations and Friend Tiara with her band..."

Adelaide stared with her mouth open. She held her hand up and then turned her fingers inward to point at her own chest. "Me?"

"Yes, friend. I'm sorry for not giving more notice, but--"

Adelaide nodded vigorously. She bunched up her hands before raising up on tiptoes to stomp a tight circle. "You want me to be a... a hot druid babe...? In the festival?"

"Yes, Friend Adelaide, if you would do me the honor."

"Wha--? Yeah! Heck, yeah! Sign me up." Adelaide grinned. "Does Vivienne know about this? She's going to be so mad she had to work."

"Come, Friend Adelaide, we must prepare you for your duties."

Eniola stepped forward to take Adelaide by the arm. Tonje walked up from behind to take Adelaide's other arm. Together, they walked down the hallway toward the bunk room with the other eight girls in white robes trailing behind.

* * *

In the bunk room

Adelaide sighed as ten women, including Eniola, gathered around her, each with a hand draped on Adelaide's shoulder.

"Friend Adelaide," said Eniola. "Is this okay?"

Adelaide nodded.

"First the druidesses will undress you. And your spirit will be cleansed." Eniola leaned in. "It's just a shower," she whispered. "And some body oil."

Adelaide shrugged and then nodded again, grinning.

"You will be dressed in a ceremonial robe and a key will be bestowed upon you. You are to remain at my side throughout the festival. Are you willing to take on these duties as part of my entourage?"

"Yes, um..." Adelaide leaned in. "What should I call you?"

"As a member of my entourage, you may address me as Priestess."

"I understand."

"Please tell me now if you do not think you can fulfill your role."

"No, I'm fine with it, Friend Eniola... I mean, Priestess Eniola. Um, I mean, Priestess."

Eniola leaned in and kissed Adelaide on the cheek. "Thank you for offering your service to me today, Friend Adelaide."

"Thank you for the opportunity," said Adelaide, "We never had anything this fancy for the festival where I grew up."

Eniola stepped back and as she did, nine pairs of hands groped Adelaide from all sides. Quickly, she was relieved of her shirt and her trousers. Socks and underwear soon followed and Adelaide was left standing naked in a circle of robed figures.

Adelaide swallowed hard and wrapped her arms around herself as she shivered. Someone slipped out toward the shower room. The sound of pattering water spilled into the bunk room as Adelaide was guided through the doorway by nine pairs of hands until she stood under the stream.

"It's not too hot is it?" asked Eniola, standing to the side, away from the spray.

Adelaide shook her head, hugging her arms around herself, shivering.

"Too cold?"

Again, Adelaide shook her head.

To Adelaide's right, Tonje shed her white robe and hung it from a hook along the wall. She picked up a bar of soap from a nearby basin. With her other hand, she touched her fingers to Adelaide's cheek. "It's okay," she whispered. "It's just a symbolic cleansing. For the festival."

Adelaide nodded weakly.

"Wait till we get to the body oil," offered Tonje. "It's lavender."

"Mm. Mm-hmm," said Adelaide. As eight remaining women shed their robes and nine pairs of hands went to work scrubbing her body. Halfway through the process, Adelaide's eyelids fluttered and her leg began to shake violently.

And while Adelaide was being rinsed and finally toweled dry, Eniola stepped forward with a glass vial of amber liquid. Uncorking it sent the smell of lavender wafting over to Adelaide, who flared her nostrils, sniffing at the air.

"I told you this was the best part," said Tonje, stepping up beside Eniola, offering to hold the vial as the priestess used her hands to apply lavender oil to every bit of Adelaide's body.

Adelaide nodded as she stood shivering. For a moment, Adelaide's knees gave way and she stumbled, but Tonje and Eniola's quick hands saved her.

"Friend Adelaide?" said Eniola, her eyebrows knit. "Are you alright? If you're not feeling well--"

"I think..." Adelaide shivered. "I think I just had an orgasm. Another one, actually. With all this touching... and oiling..."

Eniola smiled. "Surely a portent of a good harvest."

"Good," sighed Adelaide, her eyelids fluttering again. "Yeah, definitely good."

As Tonje stepped away momentarily to return with a white hooded robe, another young women swooped in holding open a long gold chain. At the end of the chain was a gold key. The woman dashed the chain over Adelaide's head and stepped back just as Adelaide was opening her mouth to speak.

Tonje and another young woman helped Adelaide get her arms into the sleeves of her robe. They each kissed Adelaide on the cheek before fetching their own robes once again.

"Friend Adelaide," said Priestess Eniola, as the other druidesses were getting dressed, "You are radiant. I look forward to our time together at the festival."

"Hmm? Oh, the festival. Mm-hmm. Yeah, me too."

* * *

Empyrea Square, one hour later

"Wait until Vivienne sees me," mumbled Adelaide, walking along in the ring of robed women surrounding Priestess Eniola. "She's gonna die."

"There she is!" shouted a voice from the crowd along the street where the entourage emerged.

Adelaide looked to see who it was just as a shower of colorful flower petals rained down over her and the Mabon Priestess Eniola. Adelaide smiled as a little girl ran up with two fists full of flower petals and did her best to repeat the colorful show.

"Thank you, friend," proclaimed Eniola, stooping and reaching out through the ring of druidesses to touch the little girl's hand.

"I love you, Priestess!" someone shouted. A chorus of laughter and cheer erupted in the wake of the confession.

"And I love you!" hollered Eniola. "I love all of you! Happy harvest, friends!"

A swell of applause rose from the crowd. And then, as quickly as it came on, the cheers ceased as people began to crane their necks skyward. The roar of propellers announced Elysium's arrival overhead long before the dirigible's four, massive electric motors could be heard humming.

Adelaide stopped, turning to look. The Priestess and the other driudesses did the same. Above them, the Elysium halted its forward progress to hover, it's long, elliptical shadow cast over the crowd below.

From the airship's gondola slung underneath, a pair of doors opened and a woman in long, flowing purple robes stepped out onto a narrow balcony. In front of her, another woman, clad in the blue formal dress uniform of the Air Self-Defense Force, adjusted a microphone on a stand.

"It's the queen!" shouted the little girl who moments ago had tried her best to shower Eniola with flower petals.

The woman above raised her arms to the crowd. "Beloved citizens of Empyrea," she said, her voice echoing from dozens of loudspeakers dotting the dirigible gondola's perimeter.

The crowd fell silent.

"Today is a day of profound emotion for me," said the queen. "It is an annual appointment I would not and cannot miss. For I am honored to be here with you, my people, my druidesses, and my Mabon Priestess, on this glorious day. This day of the autumnal equinox, the day we bask in what Mother Nature has provided to us, the citizens of Empyrea.

"And it is not for me that I address you today. For I owe a debt of gratitude. I owe a debt to Mother Nature for nurturing our crops. To the Mabon Priestess who fulfills her sacred duty, thus ensuring Mother Nature's bounty. To the druidesses in attendance whose duty it is to watch over the Priestess and guard her virtue. And to you, the people of Empyrea. For I hold all of you close to my heart on this and every other day.

"Remember, citizens of Empyrea, as the days grow shorter and the nights longer. Remember the love we share. Our love for the Priestess. Our love for Mother Nature. And our love for each other. For this love is the tie that will bind us together during the coming winter and allow us to emerge, triumphant, in the spring.

"Enjoy the festivities, citizens!"

A cheer went up from the crowd as dozens of handfuls of flower petals were all sent skyward simultaneously. Adelaide smiled.

The smell of charcoal fires being lit wafted on the air. Women bearing platters of appetizers streamed out from under tents along the street to weave into the crowd. On their heels were women hoisting trays of beer. Four of these women made a beeline for the Mabon Priestess and her entourage.

"Eat, drink, and be merry, my druidesses," said Eniola. "For this day comes but once a year."

"But do not imbibe too much," said Tonje, stepping forward. "We must not forget our duty to The Priestess."

"Of course, friend," said Eniola, leaning in to kiss Tonje on the cheek. "Thank you. Thank you all for your service today."

* * *

Two hours and several appetizers later

"Addie? Oh my! It is you!"

Adelaide spun around. "Cordelia?"

"Ran into Vivienne at the food tent. She told me you were a druidess this year. I didn't believe it. We never did anything like that back home. How did you...?"

"Just lucky, I guess." Adelaide beamed.

A woman with a platter of grilled whole cob corn on skewers walked up.

"Elote?" she asked, offering some to Eniola and her entourage and then to Cordelia. A woman following with a tray of beer steins did the same. Cordelia picked up a skewer, but waved off the woman with the beer.

"No drinking on duty?" Adelaide looked up and down at Cordelia's crisp pressed Air Self-Defense uniform as she said it.

Cordelia shook her head. "You?"

Adelaide stuck out her hand, alternately dipping her pinky and thumb as she wiggled it. "I may have joined in a couple toasts to the Mabon Priestess. But look at you, sis. I see you've traded in your cadet uniform."

"Specialist, second class," said Cordelia, "but yeah. Thanks for noticing."

"You tell Mom yet? She'll be so proud."

"Of you too," said Cordelia, reaching out to squeeze Adelaide's shoulder. "Look at you. A Mabon Druidess."

"I might have tried a little harder if I'd known I had a chance with a druidess," came a distantly familiar voice from behind Cordelia.

Cordelia straightened up and spun around, saluting the woman now standing in front of her and wearing the dress blues of the Air Self-Defense Force. "Ma'am," said Cordelia.

"Relax, specialist," said the woman. "It's a festival. Be festive."

"Yes, ma'am."

"How'd it go with your French girl?" the woman mused, turning her gaze from Cordelia to Adelaide, and then looking this way and that over the crowd. "Your threesome? I don't see her around anywhere. Or did I miss her?"

"She's fine," answered Adelaide. "We're good friends, actually. We play football together."

"Hmph. Well, if you ever get tired of waiting around for your... friend. Look me up some time. You know where to find me." The woman in uniform turned and swaggered off.

Adelaide watched her go and then turned to Cordelia. "That was some serious alpha girl shit," she mumbled, shaking her head. "What the...? Who does that?"

"You held your ground," said Cordelia, reaching out to squeeze her sister's arm. "Is she the one from the café that time?"

Adelaide nodded.

"She's got a bit of a reputation," said Cordelia.

"I can see why."

Cordelia looked off to her right and then back at her sister. "Um, Addie?"

"What? Is she coming back? I don't think I can deal with--"

"I think your fellow druidesses are leaving."

"What?" Adelaide snapped her head around to gaze at Tonje beckoning with a wave of her arm. "Oh. Gotta go, sis. Love you!"

Adelaide threw a quick peck on Cordelia's cheek and trotted off toward the group of white-robed druidesses.

"Let's do dinner again soon," hollered Cordelia.

"Definitely!"

* * *


12