All Comments on 'In Sickness And In Health'

by jezzaz

Sort by:
  • 109 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

What a seriously sad and heartbreaking story. With one of the most hateful and evil characters in it - the "wife/mother". The speech marks are there because she really wasn't either just pretended to be. The daughters and John all made mistakes and said things they shouldn't but the deliberate lying and manipulation by that woman was of a whole different dimension. One hope karma comes and she truly experiences the pain and grief she caused with her selfish behaviour. Whilst it was difficult to read I'm glad I did and it was again well written. Worth 5 stars. Thanks BardnotBard. I'd love to read a sequel.

lerenardruselerenardruse9 months ago

What a powerful dark and troubling story. Saddest of endings.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

This is more realistic but I cant help but hope Kathy and Greg suffered horrid fates. But irl evil people always win, they live the best life there is to live; while the good end up rotting and nameless and forever lost in a forest in Oregon.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great story and not dark in my opinion, just everyday life for some persons. It is tragic the way some parents misdirect and lie to their children about a spouse they left and make them the bad guy or girl. Thus the children grow up and believe everything that that parent says. Sometimes with luck the children or relatives find out the truth and when confronted the Spouse still refuses to come clean and admit the truth.

On a different note, I have fed back on a lot of stories on this website about the total lack of safe sex in most of them, a fact that this story tells why its needed to be thought of, in a clear detail. HIV/AIDS could be reduced if persons thought about their actions but the fact is they do not and its a simple as that.

In the story it is eluded to that he shot himself, one reason may be his HIV had turned to AIDS and he could not live with that, if it was him. It was a shame his daughters mind was poisoned by her mother the meeting could have been less traumatic if she had. He was an honourable man keeping his infection away from others as much as he could. Obviously he was getting his medication from some where and thus his condition was being monitored.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I'm honestly glad he didn't go back to those manipulative harpies. I hate those stupid Raac stories. Let them stew in their guilt

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Nasty and tragic. Not sure however how John thought it would end up ok. Obviously his ex wife never believed how he got HIV (I read it and I don't either). On the other hand not sure why splitting up became contentious and why his ex eife used the kids as a weapon. What did she gain? Have an amicable divorce. He had to know he was going to lose her. Hee selfishness really comes through with how she manipulates the kids and makes it clear that she will torch him in custody. Grace at 15 has no excuses. Of course being lied to (by omission) by her mother, means she believes her father is a nutjob. But John never decides to tell her the truth? How did that work out for him? That was stupid. She was 15 not 8. But then it isn't clear she ever loved her father all that much. A loving daughter while upset about a split family would not nuke her father, despite her lies. Then again the lies (of omission) made him come off as a cuckold. Hence tell the freaking truth. But of course he had some "wise" reasoning for that. Boy that didn't work out well did it. Look he was dealt a sh$tty hand but his running away and self isolating obviously maimed him and when he vented on Grace (much of it rightfully so), he didn't get closure, he just killed himself. It was just sad all around. The ex wife was never going to stay with him (she assume he cheated or did drugs) and instead of reading the writing on the wall and seeking an amicable divorce, he got upset (I can understand why) and forced her hand. Why he never told at least Grace the truth, or heck even took a lie detector test, or why his ex went scorched earth with the kids (revenge?) is unclear. Regardless his keeping his illness secret, let everything blow up and fester on him. Might have still ended up badly but could not have been worse than how this unfolded. Then again his options were limited.

RanDog025RanDog0253 months ago

Damn that was a good story, sad yes very! Tragic. Couldn't imaging just how he's feel but you did an excellent job with all the points that your character brought to light, damn. 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

NoBullAlNoBullAl2 months ago

Not sure the reasoning behind writing this sad story!! Have to admit that it is well written but, more than anything, fail to understand why?? The only thing that comes to mind is/was to show the terrible cost of HIV to the life and times of an infected man!! He literally lost everything of value thru no fault of his own!!

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

So sad this author is so terribly wrong about HIV. I’m not sure when this was written but he is absolutely wrong about HIV. The possibility of contracting HIV though normal heterosexual sex is so close to zero as to not matter. Contracting is only possible from blood to blood contact - like the fight he was in. It is why the NBA ejects any player who bleeds from the game until their blood is stopped and bandaged. How many years has Magic Johnson had HIV? 30? Interestingly enough the asshole government health official who told the world HIV was a hetero disease and could be contracted from door knobs, toilet seats, and normal contact between babies and their parents was one “how dare you question the god of science” Tony Fauci. The man should go down in history along with Hitler, Stalin, Mousey Dung and Pol Pot.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjezzaz@jezzaz
I don’t know why this bit exists? Like I’m gonna tell you about myself.

SIMILAR Stories