In the Heat of The Night Ch. 01

Story Info
A story about a widow and her husband’s best friend.
3.7k words
4.14
20.1k
25

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 01/05/2024
Created 04/19/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Depending on how the community feels about this story, there may be more chapters, if not, enjoy the beginning, and end of chapter 1.

S/O: Kenji for editing

Yasmine pushed open the bathroom door, clearing her throat before speaking, so as not to startle him.

"King, you've been in here for an hour?"

"Baby, I'm sorry. Baby, I'm about to get out?"

"King, are you okay?" Yasmine smiled behind her eyes, and had a dispassionate pout on her lips.

"I'm good, baby. It's just, I've been getting overtime like it's water, because we're short staff in the department. I'm working, it's stressful, that's all."

"Maybe, we will take a long vacation after this case." Yasmine folded her arms and smirked at King from behind the shower. "We can go to Rainbow Springs again."

"I thought you hated camping," King laughed.

"I do hate camping, but I'm getting us an RV. I need a toilet; I'm sorry."

"Baby, nature is our toilet," King smiled

"Ew! But seriously, you need a break, baby." Yasmine knew if she told King that she was worried about him overworking himself, King would tell her to stop worrying about him, and that this was the life of a woman married to a cop. There was a long silence, the only noise in the room being the water hitting the tiles, before he spoke again.

"Baby."

"Umm," Yasmine replied. Her face was utterly serene, as if she was in a trance.

"I need some help scrubbing my back. Do you think you can help me?"

Yasmine could see King's silhouette on the other side of the large, frosted, glass door; his broad shoulders and muscular arms. She couldn't even stop the smile that was spreading over her face.

"Sure, baby," she nearly purred, taking her bra off. She stood there topless.

"Come on," King said, as he slid open the shower door, letting a large cloud of steam wash over her, as she peeled off her shorts. Yasmine joined him, as quickly as her legs would allow, nudging him to the side, to let the water wash over her. She sighed softly, leaning her head back, as it hit her skin and started to rinse her body.

"That's what I needed," Yasmine sighed, softly. King rubbed his palm against the lines of her shoulders.

"You could have just told me you wanted to shower with me, Yasmine," King teased softly, handing her the little bar of soap he'd been using. She took it graciously, giving King a smile in response.

Yasmine was already scrubbing at her skin with a small towel, but her eyes flashed up to meet his, with a mischievous little smirk.

King admired her body, as she began to wash it. His eyes followed the curve of her spine, the curvy shape of her backside, and her small breasts. She had powerful legs and mocha thighs. He felt he could take his time, to take all of her in. King licked his lips and flexed his shoulders.

Yasmine smiled, as she traded off the bar of soap. Both helped each other scrub the places they couldn't reach. Yasmine placed King's hands on her hips, taking that moment to press herself against him. He put his arm under her head, and she put her head on his shoulder, and kissed his neck. Yasmine moved her way up toward his ear, and gently kissed his earlobes. Yasmine purred appreciatively, rubbing up and down against his cock. King hummed, moaning, as he ground his teeth and breathed heavily.

"I want you to fuck me." Her lips hovered just slightly over his, as she spoke. She waited to hear him suck in a sharp breath, and then kissed him. Yasmine brushed against the tip, her fingers curling against the dark mocha-like skin. Yasmine giggled and pressed her stomach against his, feeling his abs brush against her stomach. Her slender fingers stroked King lightly, feeling the warm water from the shower getting hotter under her fingertips.

"Do you wanna fuck me, King?" she asked breathlessly, in between kisses.

"Y-yes." His hands slipped lower, slick and squeezing Yasmine's plump, ample cheeks. King's voice repeatedly cracked, as he bit his bottom lip. "Fuck Yas, quit teasing me!"

"Who's teasing who? I asked you if you did. Do you want to fuck me?" Yasmine purred, with delight.

King nodded his head silently.

"Okay, show me." She placed a few kisses on his collarbone. "I know you're strong enough to hold me up." She dragged her tongue down his jawline slowly, teasingly.

King hooked his arms under her knees, lifting her effortlessly. He carefully balanced Her her, leaning slightly against the tiled wall for leverage.

"You're going to be the death of me?" he said, as he pressed his forehead against hers.

"My life begins and ends with you. I will never love anyone, as much as I love you."

"Yasmine, stop talking like that. God forbid, if something was to happen to me. I would want you to be happy. Just like you would want me to be happy."

"Negro, please. I would never wanna see you happy with another bitch. I'll Casper the Ghost your ass and that bitch."

King laughed mischievously. "Damn, baby. Even when I have you in this position, you're still in control of me."

"I'm serious, King," Yasmine sighed. "Plea--" Yasmine stopped and grinned. Yasmine could feel the tip of his cock rubbing against her slit. She was wet down there. King slowly shoved his cock inside Yasmine's tight pussy. King watched Yasmine roll her hips on his cock, as her pussy walls closed around him. Yasmine drew King's earlobe into her mouth, suckling softly, before releasing it with a soft pop. Her arms wrapped around his neck to hold herself up.

"Please." Yasmine felt like she might have sounded desperate, but she needed him.

King bucked his hips into Yasmine's pussy. She moaned, as she bit her lips, digging her nails into his back. The air between them quickly began to fill with soft, little pants and moans. She pressed her face against his shoulder in a vain attempt to quiet herself. Yasmine wrapped her legs around his waist, and held him still as he filled her pussy with his seed. Yasmine dug her nails down his back, as his thrusts began to slow down. King took the last few strokes, deep and hard, before finishing himself off with a grunt.

"Wow, Yasmine," King murmured, kissing her softly as he slowly moved her back to her feet. The water had begun to cool, and the bathroom's steam dissipated. Yasmine kept her arms around him, as the soles of her feet touched the tile again. Her legs were quivering lightly. She hadn't even come yet, and she knew there had to be a round two if her body was shaking like this. Yasmine turned, brushing her round, brown ass against his softening erection, as King turned the shower handle off.

"Better?" King murmured, a soft smile on his lips, as he watched Yasmine step out of the shower. His body still ached, but he felt lighter; King knew she would help him release some stress. He rolled his shoulders, as he followed her out of the shower, standing carefully on the bathroom mat.

"Get on your knees. I wanna lick that beautiful ass."

Yasmine obeyed his command, as quickly as she could. King had Yasmine bent over and pushed her ass up in the air.

"Just like that, baby," King moaned. There was a smirk on King's lips, gliding his fingers back and forth against Yasmine's back. as she dissolved into a puddle in front of him.

"So ticklish, babe." He hummed, watching the goosebumps appear on her beautiful, darkened cheeks. "Just look at you, leakin' all over the fuckin' mat." He chuckled slightly, as Yasmine groaned and arched her ass toward him.

King made a straight line between Yasmine's asshole and pussy, making Yasmine moan out. When King started licking and sucking at Yasmine's hole, he knew Yasmine would lose it.

"Don't keep quiet on me," King rasped into your her ear. "I want to hear everything."

Yasmine let out a stuttered groan, pushing her to the limits, as she attempted to hold back her voice.

"Ah, King!" Yasmine panted between laborious breaths. King groaned in reply, his mouth busy with his teeth clamped onto Yasmine's bare shoulder. King's hips worked at a fast pace to keep Yasmine satisfied, helping her to reach her peak just a second sooner. King's hand was splayed against the bathroom mat by her head, holding most of his weight off her. The other pressed against her stomach as support, before it slid his cock back in and toyed with her pussy. A desperate gasp left Yasmine with the added stimulation, and she whimpered King's name between moans.

"King! Please! More!"

King stuck his cock in deeper and found Yasmine's sweet spot, and she was instantly cumming. It was one of the most intense orgasms Yasmine could've sworn she'd ever have.

Yasmine had finally come down from her high. King pulled away from Yasmine. He went and got a towel, cleaned Yasmine up, threw the towel on the floor, and helped her off the ground. King realized he was late for his ride, and they kissed, then they both got dressed and left the bathroom together. King went into the kitchen, and Yasmine followed him. When they both arrived, they saw Gio rummaging through their fridge.

"Gio!" Yasmine shouted, as she slapped Gio upside the head. She placed her hands on her hips. "Don't eat all our food, damn."

"Come on, Yas, why can't I have some?" Gio pouted his lip, and imitated someone feeling upset.

"Because these are for my husband," she replied, before snatching the food away.

"Damn, Yas, that's cold," Gio laughed.

"Hey, you two behave," King said, calmly. Before he sat down, King grabbed Gio's food before he could gobble the whole plate.

"Damn, you both are mean to me," Gio huffed. "I'm a starving man. Unlike King, I don't have a beautiful wife to cook for me. Look, I'm skin and bone." Gio suddenly lifted his shirt, showing off his toned and muscular body. Gio smiled slightly, and his hazel-green eyes appeared to twinkle. Yasmine shook her head at the cropped-blonde man with it slicked back, who stood alongside her husband.

"You look don't look hungry to me. Now put your shirt down, pasty," Yasmine said, as she rolled her eyes.

"Damn, Yasmine. I thought we were getting closer," Gio answered.

"No." Yasmine mouthed the word silently to Gio, as she tossed a fork at him. Gio caught the fork and pretended to stab his heart.

"Ahh, my best friend's girl killed me. King, avenge me, my brother!" Gio said in a jolt of energy, as he spoke eloquently and dramatically, before flopping his head on the table. Yasmine jumped up from her seat and headed for the pantry closet.

"Baby, what are you doing?" King asked, curiously.

"Baby, remember that shovel I got from the store the other day? I can finally use it."

"My baby, you can't do that."

"Baby, please," Yasmine begged. "You remember your bucket list? We can finally do it on this dead body."

"Ohhh, you serious? You better not chicken out."

"I swear, I won't. Grab Gio's feet, and I got his arm."

"You two are sick," Gio said, as he struggled to return to his feet.

"I would have turned her in, before I became an accessory to a crime."

"Yeah, right. I'll be in the car waiting for you, sicko. Bye, my lovely Yasmine."

"Bye," Yasmine said, as she rolled her eyes. Gio walked out the door in the beating sun.

"Ugh, he's so extra," Jasmine said.

"Yasmine, stop it."

"What if he did die, baby? You wouldn't help me," Jasmine said, as she cupped her chin, making puppy-dog eyes at King.

"Yes, he's my brother, and I gotta do what's right."

"Ugh, he's not your brother."

"Yasmine, we're not going to debate this. Gio is my brother. We have known each other since--"

Before King could finish, Yasmine had already cut him off. "Since preschool and even after you moved, you guys stayed in touch, and your bromance was even stronger, and blah blah," Yasmine said, as she sighed.

"You sound jealous."

"I am," Yasmine huffed, as she crossed her arms, leaning against the counter. "Anyways, let's not talk about that. Make sure you request the time off for the cabin trip when you go to work." Yasmine smiled. "I planned our whole time there. You're going to love it."

"About that."

"Come on, you're not going to cancel on me again?"

"No, I'm not canceling, but I told Gio about it," King said, as he sucked air between his teeth. "I sort of invited him to come with us."

"Seriously, what happened to my fantasy? I won't be able to be naked and afraid, if you bring Gio along with us. Why do you always do this? Why do you need to tell Gio about this?" Yasmine asked, folding her arms across her chest.

"He's going through a tough time, and I want to be there for him," King replied, his voice calm and reasonable. "So, I thought maybe camping might help him."

"I understand that, but the cabin won't have a lot of space, and having him there will be uncomfortable," Yasmine said.

"Uncomfortable for who, Yas? Me or you?"

"Ugh."

King's face hardened. "He's my best friend, Yasmine. I can't turn him away when he needs me."

"I'm not saying turn him away, but maybe he can stay at a hotel close by the cabins, or maybe he can go with someone else, or maybe he doesn't have to come," Yasmine said, trying to reason with King.

"That's not an option," King said, his voice rising. "He's already agreed to come with us, and I'm not going to back out now."

The argument went back and forth for several minutes, with Yasmine and King digging in their heels. Yasmine couldn't understand why King was so insistent on having Gio come with them, and King couldn't understand why Yasmine was being so unreasonable.

Yasmine let out a deep sigh, as they were both silent. "I know you want to be there for your friend, King, but I'm concerned about how this will affect our relationship," Yasmine said, her voice soft and pleading.

"I hear what you're saying, Yasmine, but Gio is important to me. I can't abandon him when he needs me," King replied, his voice filled with emotion.

"I'm not asking you to abandon him, King. I think there's a better way to support him, than having him always with us," Yasmine said.

King sighed heavily. "I know you're right, Yasmine. I've been so focused on being there for Gio, that I didn't consider how it would impact our relationship. I'm sorry."

Yasmine smiled warmly. "It's okay, King. I understand how much your friendship means to you. But we need to find a solution that works for both of us."

"Yas, I--" Before King could answer Yasmine, his phone began ringing. It was a call from Gio.

"Let me guess, duty calls, right? I love you, King," Yasmine said, sarcastically.

"Baby, I'm sorry. We will talk when I get back. I love you." King kissed her forehead, before he rushed out the door. Yasmine walked over to the kitchen drawer and pulled out the cabin brochure that she had wanted to show King before their argument. She looked at the pamphlet. Yasmine had many plans. She knew King would have broken his promise, but instead of breaking it, he made it even worse by inviting Gio on their trip. Yasmine tossed the brochure in the garbage and walked out of the kitchen.

Yasmine went to bed as usual, exhausted from a long day. She fell into a deep sleep almost immediately, her breaths slow and steady. But as the night went on, something started to disturb her slumber. It was a faint sound at first-- a light tinkling, like glass or china being gently struck. Yasmine stirred slightly, but the sound was so quiet and distant, that she drifted off again.

As the hours passed, however, the sound grew louder and more insistent. It was like a tiny bell, ringing and ringing in the darkness. Yasmine's sleep became fitful and restless, her dreams filled with the strange, echoing noise.

Finally, with a start, Yasmine woke up. She sat up in bed, dazed and disoriented, trying to figure out what had caused the commotion. And then she saw it-- a cup, lying on its side on the floor. It was King's favorite cup. Its contents spilled out in a puddle around it.

Yasmine looked around in confusion, trying to understand how the cup ended up there. And then she realized-- it must have fallen off the nightstand, where she had left it before going to bed. The ringing sound must have been the cup hitting the floor, over and over again, until it finally woke her up. Yasmine shook her head, still half-asleep, and reached down to pick up the cup. As she did, she noticed something strange-- the cup was still ringing, even though it was no longer moving.

For a moment, Yasmine was puzzled. As she reached for the cup, Yasmine couldn't help but feel a sense of unease wash over her. Suddenly, a hand reached out and grabbed her wrists firmly.

Yasmine let out a small yelp of surprise, jolting awake. Yasmine's racing heart began to slow, as she realized she was dreaming. As Yasmine looked around the empty room, dizzy, she felt something ominous creep over her body. She wasn't sure what it was, so she sat up, rubbed her shoulders, and looked around the empty room. Yasmine already missed King and regretted their argument from earlier. All she wanted to do was lie next to him, but it would be a few days before he would return home.

Finally, after three days of tension, and as the sun began to set, Yasmine sat nervously in her living room, waiting for King to return home. Yasmine knew King often worked late, but tonight he was even later than usual. She had called his cell phone several times, but it went straight to voicemail. Yasmine was about to give up hope. There was a knock at the door. Yasmine's heart raced, as she rushed to answer it. A distraught Gio and another police officer were standing at her doorstep.

"Ma'am, we're sorry to inform you that your husband has been involved in a shooting," one of the officers said, his voice solemn.

Yasmine's heart sank, as she felt her knees buckle. She struggled to keep her composure, as the officers explained that King had been injured and was being taken to the hospital. Yasmine's red eyes look towards Gio, who would not look at her. He looked disheveled about losing his second family, who he said loved him very much. Yasmine bit her lip.

The next few hours were a blur for Yasmine. She raced to the hospital, her mind racing with thoughts of King. She was greeted by a group of doctors and nurses who explained that King had been shot, while trying to apprehend a suspect. He was in critical condition, and they weren't sure if he would make it. Yasmine felt like her world was crashing down around her. She couldn't imagine life without King by her side. They had been married for five years, and Yasmine had never felt happier than when she was with King. All she could think about was that stupid argument they had had a few days before.

Days turned into weeks, as King fought for his life in the hospital. Yasmine rarely left King's side, praying for a miracle as she sat in his hospital room. She didn't even hear the door open, as she felt someone touch her shoulder.

"Hey, grandma babies," Joyce said.

"Mama Joyce, what brings you here." Yasmine stood up and stretched her body from the chair, and gave the woman a warm embrace.

"Let's go get something to drink."

"I can't imagine that when he wakes up and I am not here to see him."

"Yasmine, it's down the hallway. You look a mess, get some coffee and wash your face."

"But."

"But nothing, and come on, mama baby."

Yasmine turned to look at a peaceful King sleeping. She knew she needed a break, but couldn't take one due to fear. Yasmine let out a deep sigh, before walking out with Mama Joyce. The two women laughed and smiled in the hospital lunchroom area. Yasmine felt some of the stress relieved, as she talked with Mama Joyce.

"When King wakes up, we're going to take a long trip, just the two of us," Yasmine said, as she sipped on her coffee.

"What about me?"

"I know, and I'll give you time with him, I swear, but I almost lost him, and I just want some time for us," Yasmine said everything with her eyes, and Mama Joyce could see her pain.

12