In the Library, But not Reading

Story Info
The spicy romance of a warrior and her dragon protector.
3.2k words
4.56
3.4k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

His patrol was long and weary, and in five days he had seen nothing of note from the surrounding countryside he had patrolled many times in the past years. Flying over the land was always exhilarating. Seeing the small towns and villages from high above divorced his mind from actually connecting with the beings that traveled to and fro across the grasslands, hills, and forests of his route. He tried to imagine the small frightened people under his charge going along their small quests for survival. Most of the time his thoughts had been of watching for conflict among them, small bands of brigands attacking merchant caravans or lonely travelers or humanoids from dusty caves and warrens pouncing on unwary soldiers that went about the roads and trails that Selvar'ax had been assigned to watch and defend.

Yes, most of the time being the operative word. Observing, helping, sometimes attacking and sending the enemy into the hills screaming as he charged down from the skies to put fear into their hearts. A fully adult silver dragon speeding down from the clouds would always make the enemy flee. Only those who were the most foolhardy would take up arms against him. There were some who did try, but they learned too quickly that such a maneuver would be a crazed venture indeed. One quick blast from his freezing breath would eventually tell them that such an action would mean such an action deadly.

But these days he thought only of her. Rena. his Rena, his Renayar'ax. His love. He mustn't allow the thoughts of her to cloud his judgment where his first duty was concerned. But for some reason it was almost impossible. He found himself making his way toward Trollbane keep more often than not, only to veer away to head farther away from her. The woman was a magnet, and she had made him the hardest steel in the sky.

Why had he allowed her into his heart? Loneliness perhaps? He had never loved a human woman. Had never seen one that he would have even thought to find in a romantic light. He had been around them as a human form, seen their beauty somehow. Had even seen him as a beautiful man, had even performed the flirtatious dance that men and women often perform. But he had always stopped himself. One thing he had always been told as he was training was that only a fool would fall in love with one of those whose life span would come and go with a season.

That was a problem, and he tried to quiet his mind to that possibility as well. She was only twenty human years, but he was much older. Close to two hundred and fifty, barely a child himself in dragon years. Some of his race had lived close to three thousand years, ancient and gargantuan beings that had eventually gone on to the twilight of the graveyards, or to the grand halls of bahamut to serve as protectors in that realm.

But soon his thoughts drifted back to her. The way her soft body felt next to his, the way she smiled at him, the look in her eyes as she looked at him as if she wanted to devour him like a shark devours a fish. She was insatiable, always hungry for more. The only problem was that he was always hungry for her as well. And the force of her, the power of her, made him weak.

There was another reason he was out on patrol. Hewas looking for the lair, the home of his enemy, the home of the one who had killed his parents and had taken their hoard. He would never forgive the blue dragon that had called himself the Azure King. He would get his revenge, and he would foster those that could help him. He would protect them, help them build their power, help them gather the resources necessary to take on such a challenge, and help them win against the great blue scourge.

To date, he hadn't found it. Where was this fantastic beast? Where would he hide? Where were his minions, his followers, the people who had helped him rise to power? "Where are you hiding, you monster? Frustrated, but undaunted, he would eventually find him as he drifted over the mountains the Blue had used as a hiding spot, he came to land in a small clearing outside the castle he had called home. It was a modest affair, still growing, still being built by probably one of the smartest architects of magic he had known in a lifetime. Bookie, they called him. The man had almost no social skills, couldn't talk his way out of a paper satchel, and always with his nose in a book or a ledger. However, this one was more intelligent than his years, and he had seen the wizard plan an attack with a surety and level headedness he had not seen in most humans. The wizard seemed almost detached from emotion when he was slaying his enemies. But he had seen his joy and happiness explode when a plan he had made came together as if he were a child building blocks.

The people of the keep were in full swing. Soldiers trained in the courtyard under the tutelage of the hobgoblin sergeants, their drills in phalanx warfare near perfect. As Selvar'ax walked through the courtyard, most men nodded to him, while a few hobgoblins shied away. He always gave them a wave and a nod, attempting to make himself seem more friendly. But he had to remember in seeing their hesitation that up until a few months ago, they had been enemies of the men who ran the keep, and they didn't seem to trust his good natured attempt at camaraderie. That would have to wait.

"Son," he called to a young page that had collected an armful of bedrolls in his overstuffed arms. "Where is Rena?"

"Rena?" the boy asked. "Oo's that?"

"You must be new here," Said Sel, as the kindly wizard persona. He had assumed his normal disguise before he had come into the keep, and hadn't noticed the bustle of the surroundings. He continued, "Tall girl, red hair, trains the soldiers?"

"Oh," the boy said, "I dunno, sir. I've only just come with me mum a few days ago 'ere."

Surely he must have seen the most beautiful woman in the keep. "How old are you, child?"

"Oh," said the child, bowing. "Ten, sire."

Selvar'ax looked around the courtyard presently, taking in the new visitors, actually a host of them. There were dozens of tents set up then, and more people had come to the keep as a result of the Golems that had been raging down the road that led to the main keep built and run by his lordship Castellan Kendall. So much had happened so fast, since the death of Ular Ghan the Hobgoblin chief. It seemed there was always a new foe to fight, a new enemy to defend against. He felt there may be something more on the horizon that would eventually become a greater threat to this realm than they had known since before many of these people had been born.

He returned from his reverie. "Ten," he smiled. "Of course you wouldn't know. But have you seen a woman here in armor, sometimes in the company of the lord of the keep Junto?"

The boy's eyes glassed over in recognition. "Oh, her." he said dreamily. "Yes, your lordship." he answered. "Now you mentioned it, I did see her. She was in the library last, I think. You know, with the builder."

"Right," Sel said. "The builder. I see." he was crestfallen. If she was with Bookie, it may take a while to extricate her from the man, who could talk about the keep in his sleep, and bore even the sandman in his incessant exuberance about wall thickness and how deep the moat needed to be. If he was in the library, there would be no way to get him out of there.

"Fine," he said finally. "Go about your business, I'll keep you no more." and he waved the boy away. The dark haired child bowed and shied away, then ran with his bundle to a tent not far away, looking in awe a few times at the silver haired wizard who had suddenly appeared at the keep.

Selvar'ax went to the door that led to a hallway and followed it around a corner to the left. There he spied the door to the library. It wasn't a large room just yet, but given Bookie's talent with making small spaces seem larger, it wouldn't take long for him to widen the fifteen foot square room to something equalling one of the grand libraries in Drakkengard city.

He opened the door and went in, quietly. The room had shelves against the right and left walls, all lined with books of arcane treatises and tomes of history of the realm. Bookie was a meticulous reader, and had organized the shelves in some kind of order known only to him. Pretty soon they would all be cataloged in some logical order known only to the owner, but for now many of the books were perched at odd angles. In the center of the far wall, under a large window of stained glass sat a table, and a young woman sat over a tome, bronze red hair shimmering in the daylight that streamed through the decorated glass. She was in a gown of silver and red. Commoner's robes had replaced the armor she had normally worn. Obviously she wasn't expecting any threats, and if she did, she could quickly don it if needed. Beside the desk, however, was the enormous tower shield she would always be seen with, ever since their last encounter with the crimson dragon that had surprised the keep in an attack a week ago.

He smiled, looked around the room and saw no one, just her. He moved his hand behind his back and latched the door with a loud click. "Hello," he said with a growling smile. She stiffened, then turned with a smile brighter than a million full moons. Her eyes went wide upon seeing him, thinking that she was imagining things.

"Hello, you," she said. Still sitting, she turned in the chair. "What brings you back so soon?"

"I think you know why," he went to her, grabbed her face in his weathered hands and kissed her fully on the mouth. He opened her lips with a grin and their tongues met. She wrapped her solid arms around his neck and pulled him tight, their mouths trying to devour each other. He stayed in that embrace for a moment and pulled her to her feet, where she wrapped her arms around him and gave him a hug. Still kissing, he was almost pushed back and stopped himself from tripping.

Her power over him made him momentarily weak and he stepped back to the shelves as her delirious kissing made him retreat against the hardwood. A few books fell from the shelf as it rocked back against the wall, but he held his ground.

"Whoa," he grinned, pushing her back a bit. "More of that later."

"More of that now," she purred. Her hands found his blue pants and started pulling at the crotch, her fervor filled with want. She slipped a hand into his pants and found the stone member as it rose to do its bidding for her. He was a pile of mud in her hands. Still kissing, she stroked him under his pants, and they were becoming tight with her ministrations upon him. He pushed back against her kisses and they were both laughing presently.

"Happy to see me?" he chuckled in that way she thought was charming.

"Oh, you bet." She opened his blue leather vest and made the buttons pop with a staccato as it was pulled aside. Then she went in for another series of kisses as he pulled away her robes and revealed the tight shirt that had trouble containing her breasts. The vee of her white shirt had opened seductively in their frenzied wrestling and her cleavage made him purr as he pushed his face into her neck, then went down into the roundness of her flesh. She cooed in delight, and still stoking with one hand, pulled down his pants with the other.

"We mustn't make too much noise," he chided, pulling her shirt up over her head and revealing her. My what a sight, her nipples hard and pink, the cool air making the goosebumps rise on them. He first sucked one and then the other, running his tongue over them as he held them, pinching them like she desired. She moaned as his tongue flicked first one nipple then the other. His arousal had made his cock grow to fullness and she held him back.

"I've been wanting to do this since the other day," she said, and knelt before him. With his pants around his knees, holding his legs tight together, she first stroked his solid member and then with a hot breathy mouth slipped inside her lips, licked the shaft from the top to his balls and then devoured it into her mouth fully.

He groaned as the new sensation hit him, then moaned louder as her mouth made the shape of her insides and she went back and forth with her mouth around his shaft. She seemed to pull the energy out of him, and the desire for her became unmanageable soon. He stopped her for the moment, his hand on her head, and he drew her back, lifted her, and kissed her again. The saltiness of his cock was fresh on her lips and tongue and he moaned in her mouth.

"We must wait a moment," he said as he looked into her eyes, the blueness of his own piercing hers. "I don't want to finish too early, and you'll be next," his left hand went down to her pants, to her core, and he felt the wetness he so desired had welled in her loins.

"Take them off," he demanded. She took his command to the letter and pulled down her own pants, revealing her red haired mound to him. Her legs now free of her pants, he lifted her to him and she wrapped her long legs around him, the muscles pinning her to him. He pushed her back against the table and laid her down with a thud. He felt he had hurt her, but she just laid there and pushed her pelvis to him.

He was inside her in an instant, first the tip of himself, and then seconds later, all of him. She gasped loudly, filled with desire for him, and she jerked as he made a thrust, then two, and she jerked as an instant orgasm swept through her. The walls tightened and spasmed around his cock.

"I have missed you," he said surely, and sped up. Soon their pelvises were meeting thrust for thrust, and she welcomed her into him with delirium. Her eyes closed, her arms splayed out to either side of the table and she held on seemingly for dear life as he grunted and growled atop her. He looked at her wondrous body, the way her slim waist heaved, the way her breasts went up and down as his thrusts rocked her back and forth. She couldn't hold out any more and he could feel another orgasm shudder through her, and still he kept on, her screams punctuated by the table thumping on the wall behind it.

"Take me," she cried, "Take all of me!"

He was soon in the midst of his own rising orgasm but wanted to slow it down and keep her on the edge of passionate release. So he stopped, pulled away, and lifted her up to his chest. He kissed her again, and with her body limp like a cloth doll, he turned her around to face the window. Then he bent her over with one strong hand, parted her rump, and filled her again from behind.

"Dear god," she said as he entered her forcefully again. "Dam the gods!" and he could hold back no more. He had gone past the point of release and tried to hold as another pleasuring stutter flowed through her. Her juices spilled down her thigh, and as he pumped into her, he lost all control. With a shuddering growl fit only for the dragon he was, he emptied himself inside her, the force of his desire pent up spilling into her core. He had been inside her deeply, and wanted to go deeper until she screamed and held the table as another rocking shudder left her breathless and spent. He collapsed on her back, kissing her neck, cradling her in his arms, his hands locked around her breasts. More of his fluid spilled into her, as if a running stream that had no end, shock after shock of it filling her insides, warm and full of life.

Tears escaped her eyes, cries of delight as she felt the slippery wetness of their joining leave her womanhood. She collapsed under him, safe, protected, loved, cherished, and warm with the desire of him. Finally, she said, "I guess you missed me."

He grinned. "You could tell, aye?"

"A little bit." She pushed back against him, as he was still hard inside her. "Don't move. I want to feel all of you. I never want you to leave me."

"And I won't," he said with a breathless grin.

There was a knock at the door, and they both stiffened in surprise. "Hello?" the young voice said. "Your ladyship?" It was the same boy Selvar'ax had talked to in the courtyard.

"Yes?" she asked the door. "What is it?"

"His grace wishes to speak to you in the council chambers, my lady." the boy said through the door. "Is aught amiss, ladyship?"

"No," she stifled a laugh as Selvar'ax pulled away. She turned and frowned. "I'm fine. I was cursing that I dropped a book. Tell his lordship I will be there in a few minutes. I have to pick up after myself first. Ten minutes," she said finally.

"Yes, mum!" the boy said. They both heard the young boy patter down the hallway, away from their illicit joining. They looked around at the library. The shelves they had banged against were up against the wall, books where they had banged against it on the floor. In their exuberance to disrobe each other, they didn't notice that half of the shelf had been emptied of Bookie's precious treasures.

"Well, we'd better clean up," he laughed, and started pulling up his pants. She stopped him with a hand on his chest.

"Wait," she grinned mischievously, then knelt to face his slowly weakening cock. "I have to clean it off."

The almost white skinned member jerked again with a mind of its own, the mingling of their juices making it glisten in the sunlight through the orange and gray stained window. He moaned again as her mouth found purchase. He put a hand on her head, hummed as her tongue tasted the treasure of their passion, and said, "You keep that up and it may take longer than ten minutes..." His voice trailed off with a groan as she kept up her attention and he became hard once more.

"I don't care," she hummed, then resumed.

It took them twenty minutes to get to the council chamber. She was right, she didn't care.