Innocent Devil’s Harem Taboo Ch. 22

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Yeah, the doctor they spoke of was a female.

I wasn't sure if that meant they'd removed the guy from earlier as her doctor, or if maybe he only showed up because it was a medical emergency. Either way, it sounded like there would be a fresh pair of eyes on Michelle's situation, which could be good or bad. Really, it could go either way.

In the meantime, my sister was quietly having her own conversation with Michelle while they were alone.

"Are you alright?" my sister asked seriously. "How do you feel?"

Michelle was quiet for a few seconds, seeming to be focused on her breathing. However, when she spoke, the more firm tone she'd been using was completely gone. Now she sounded almost sad, and a little timid, her overall voice quiet and gentle. "Where is he?" she finally wondered.

My sister hesitated. "My brother?" she whispered.

There was a pause, seeming as if Michelle gave a nonverbal response, like nodding her head.

"Oh, he's outside," Serenity continued. "They kicked him out of the hospital."

"What?" Michelle said in shock. "Why?"

"Umm, well you did sort of die. Your heart stopped, like the nurse said, and when they decided to give up trying to bring you back, he kept giving you CPR."

"So they kicked him out?" she said in disbelief.

"Umm, yeah. I guess the doctor was pissed about it and called security."

It was silent then.

My sister continued. "I know. It's dumb. I looked it up, and there are actually laws protecting people who insist on continuing CPR, since pressing charges against someone who gives too much CPR would set a bad precedent and make people afraid to try. Granted, most people probably can't keep it up for over half an hour, and under normal circumstances the doctor would be right to be upset that he wouldn't stop." She paused, lowering her voice more. "Because under normal circumstances, you wouldn't have come back. The survival rate is ridiculously low for someone who truly has a stopped heart."

"Was it really half an hour?" Michelle whispered. "I was dead for that long? And he kept trying for that long?"

"Umm, yeah." Serenity lowered her voice to barely a whisper. "He sort of helped fix you, and he knew that you might come back if he kept trying."

"I remember," Michelle replied just as quietly.

"You do?" my sister said in surprise.

"Yes."

Serenity hesitated. "Is that why you want to see him?"

"Yes," Michelle replied, almost sounding somber. "Maybe can you talk to the nurse, and see if they'll let him come back up here to see me?"

My sister hesitated again. "Umm, sure. I can ask."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

I could hear my sister getting up out of her seat.

"Oh," Michelle quickly said. "And my daughter is okay too, right?"

"Yeah." Serenity then sighed. "She was paralyzed after the accident, but he fixed her too. She just woke up a little while ago, and my friend took her to my house to explain things and to help her adjust."

"His girlfriend?" Michelle assumed, having met Gabriella earlier.

"Oh, umm, yeah." She paused for a long few seconds. "My brother is a good guy, Mrs. Copeland. He just doesn't want anyone to find out his secret. And he won't make Avery do anything she doesn't want to do."

Michelle didn't respond, and after a second, my sister walked out of the room. I assumed Avery's mom must have given a nonverbal cue again, such as a nod, or else maybe she sincerely didn't respond. Hard to say, and it was difficult to judge how she was handling all this. I could smell her somberness, and yet I had no idea the thoughts that might be behind it.

I honestly didn't expect the nursing staff to approve me coming back up there, but after my sister told them Michelle wanted to see me, Tracey discussed it with the Charge Nurse on the floor and they decided that the doctor having security make me leave was probably an over-exaggeration. Especially since I hadn't been violent or anything.

Of course, they didn't know that was my Plan B -- to knock anyone out who tried to stop me and just deal with the consequences later.

However, I was still surprised that Tracey had been listening so closely when I was talking to security.

"He said he lost his parents when he was young, and it sounds like this woman has taken the place of his mother in his life. Of course, you and I both know that what's happened is, well, basically a miracle. But I can't blame him for not wanting to give up."

After a heavy sigh, the floor's head nurse agreed, and told Tracey she'd have to go get me.

Thus, the woman asked my sister to call me and meet her at the front entrance, since an escort would be necessary to avoid potential problems with security. Of course, still a little shocked by their decision, I was already making my way back in that direction when my sister sent me a message, since I also preferred to speak to Michelle sooner, rather than later.

Sending a simple message of confirmation, I made it to the front doors a good minute before Tracey did, keeping my expression somber when she gave me a weak smile.

"How's she doing?" I wondered quietly as she led me back into the main lobby, trying to pretend like I didn't already have an idea.

Tracey sighed. "Well, she's demanding to leave, for one, and we really need her to stay here. Maybe you can convince her?"

"I can try," I offered, not at all intending to do so. "But do you think she'll be okay?"

Tracey took another deep breath as we got on the elevator with a couple of other people, seeming pensive, not responding until the people got off on the second floor. Then, once the elevator doors closed, and we were alone, she spoke.

"We really don't know," she admitted quietly, almost as if she was sharing a secret. It made me wonder if she was just used to not speaking about patients in public places. "I've heard of cases of someone receiving CPR for that long and recovering just fine, but her heart was stopped. Normally, that's an irreversible condition. Shocking doesn't help then. Not to mention, she was showing some signs of livor mortis, which is often the most noticeable sign of death." She shook her head. "Truly, this is a miracle if I've ever seen one."

"So then, she's going to be fine?" I tried again, wanting to gauge what her real opinion was.

She sighed again as the elevator doors opened to the appropriate floor. "From what we can see, yes, it seems she might make a full recovery. But we still need her to stay. She at least has broken ribs from the CPR, and should be in a lot of pain. Not to mention, it's not as if the inflammation from her accident is just going to magically go away. This isn't the time for her to be jumping out of bed and going home. She might start having a seizure again at any moment."

I nodded. "I'll try to speak with her in private and see if I can convince her."

Tracey nodded as well, seeming reassured by my lie.

Surprisingly, most of the people I passed didn't look at me like I was anyone special, and now that I was looking around, I realized that most of the normal staff on the floor weren't the bulk of the people who were involved in the code. I supposed it made sense that the hospital might actually have a code team who were sort of on standby, which might be the real reason why Michelle's doctor changed -- really, she probably had the same doctor as before, but it was a different person than the man who showed up specifically for the code.

When I approached the room, the curtain was open slightly, enough for my sister to be visible, so that she saw me before we reached the room. The moment I opened the door, with Tracey hesitating before returning to her desk, my sister greeted me with a big hug, ushering me into the room.

All it took was one look at Michelle, just meeting her somber azure gaze for a second, framed by her disheveled blonde hair, and I knew I wasn't going to be a hardass with her, like how I imagined might be necessary.

No, she would be compliant of her own freewill.

-

I update my Bio on Literotica frequently to reflect my 'release schedule' and what chapters are pending review.

Original: January 13, 2021

Submitted: February 2, 2023 to Literotica (Copyright 2020 Kaizer Wolf)