Intern(al) Affair

Story Info
39yo black professional woman and 20 yo white intern.
10.6k words
4.73
9.5k
38
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Fair warning. I actually tried to write an interracial story that doesn't fall prey to all the normal interracial erotica stereotypes. I'm not sure I succeeded, but at least I tried. Hopefully some find this a refreshing take on things.

Lynnette Howard is a 39-year-old black woman and the Finance Director for a multinational firm.

Jake is a 20-year-old white intern, 5'11" and 170 pounds working in Lynnette's department.

*****

Lynnette Howard remembered Jake's first day as an intern. It seemed like a lot of time had passed, but it was really only ten months ago. He was only 20 years old and completely wet behind the ears, but he was a quick learner and possessed a strong work ethic.

Usually interns only handled the grunt work because they lacked the experience to handle more complex assignments, but after three months, Lynnette assigned him the same tasks and workloads as her other workers.

As the Finance Director at a large multinational firm, she led a large team of accountants and financial analysts who balanced the books and managed the corporate finances. It was a never-ending cycle of balancing public shareholder commitments to control costs and streamline processes while appeasing the manufacturing and support departments that always wanted to expand or improve their areas.

Lynnette worked hard to achieve professional success in life, and a lot of Jake's workplace traits reminded her of herself when she first started her career 18 years ago, even though they were from different worlds.

By all appearances, Jake was the prototypical white boy, whereas Lynnette was a black woman. Hers was not a story of an impoverished childhood or broken home, however. Quite the opposite, her father was a lawyer, and her mother was a schoolteacher and principal, and they provided a stable and nurturing home for her growing up.

Thus, in Jake, she recognized many shared traits and values that had been instilled in her by her parents. Hard work and discipline. Respect and decorum. Education and truthfulness.

Lynnette was 39 years old now, and she had focused so hard on her career that she felt her life was at a crossroads as her 40th birthday approached. She had never married, always telling herself that she was waiting for the right man to come along, and that she didn't want to settle. And because she had never married, she had no children.

She several boyfriends and suitors over the years, but it was never anything serious. Her parents grew up in the era of the Civil Rights Movement and would've disowned her if she dated a white man. So, she had dated a few black men, but she found the pool of eligible bachelors less than appealing. Many of them didn't share her drive for success, and she refused to be a sugar mama. There were so many incarcerated black men, however, that the successful professional black men had their pick of the litter, and Lynnette refused to kowtow to any man like others did in pursuit of those few men, so she chose to remain single instead.

Not that she remained completely asexual. She satisfied her urges by fingering herself to bed on a nightly basis, often to orgasm. She had toys that she broke out about once a week when she wanted to indulge herself in a more thorough and intense round of self-pleasure. Other than that, she had been content to wait until the right man came along.

Lynnette was certainly not Halle Barry, but she was a fine-looking woman. She was 5'7" and 165 pounds with shapely curves. Her skin was black. Not a lighter shade like Beyonce, but also not a midnight shade as Lupita. Lynnette had large D cup breasts and a round ass that acted like magnets for men's eyes, and her legs were long with thick, muscular thighs and calves.

Besides, working as a black woman in the corporate world, she always felt like she was held to a different and higher standard than her white colleagues. If she openly critiqued her colleagues, then she was an angry black woman. If she didn't always present a pleasant demeanor, then she was uppity. If she dressed in anything that flaunted any of her natural assets, then she would only be seen as a sex object. She kept her workplace attire strictly professional, and she kept her hair straightened for fear that her natural curls might not be willingly accepted as professional.

Lynnette heard the whispers around the office place that she was secretly a lesbian, which frustrated her to no end. No one ever confronted her directly about it, but she knew people talked behind her back. It was bound to happen for any woman who didn't marry by a certain age.

In previous eras, women like her were referred to as homely old maids. In today's age however, it was often assumed that any woman who wasn't married by age 40 was likely a lesbian. In Lynnette's case, even though she wasn't obsessed with sex, she still preferred the intimate company of the opposite sex to her own.

She also heard the whispers and the snickers that she only got her Director position because she was black, and she tried not to let it bother her. She knew how hard she worked to achieve everything in her career, but it hurt that some people belittled her success.

With her impending 40th birthday, however, her maternal instincts started kicking in. As the saying goes, you can't take it with you, and Lynnette began worrying what kind of legacy she would leave in the world. She wanted a child, one to raise and pass on down the values her parents had instilled in her, but she knew that her biological clock was ticking.

When the idea first came to her, she tried to push it aside as preposterous. But the thought remained in the back of her mind and kept worming its way into the forefront. She initially wrote it off as a flight of fancy, but the longer she mulled it over, she kept coming up with more reasons for than against the idea.

As head of finance, she was privy to the budget planning, and she knew the Board of Directors had requested another round of budget cuts, otherwise layoffs may ensue. It frustrated her to no end because the company was profitable, only it wasn't profitable enough for the largest shareholders, and they wanted to squeeze out every last dime of profit out of their investment. The pursuit of shareholder value just potentially left so many hard-working people and their livelihoods in its wake with hardly a care.

A hiring freeze was being put in place, although layoffs were being avoided for now. And while Lynnette would have loved to hire on Jake, she didn't have an open position that he could fill. Her department consisted of all long-term employees who had been with the company at least ten years, and while a few folks were mediocre workers, their performance didn't warrant terminating their employment.

Jake was ten months into a twelve-month internship, and the intern program was being killed as part of the budget cutbacks, so there wasn't even an option to potentially bring him back that way. She hated losing a talent like Jake, but she knew the economy was still a job seeker's market, and Jake would be fine in the long term with his aptitude and strong work ethic.

So, the idea lingered in her head, festering and growing. Even though common sense told her it was a bad idea, she could never quite extinguish it, and, after a while, she finally realized why. Implausible as the idea was, she couldn't let it go because she was becoming personally obsessed with it.

*****

"Ms. Howard, here's the data that you needed for the monthly finance report," Jake said as he dropped a stack of papers on her desk. "I also emailed you the raw data files in case you need to make any adjustments."

It was almost 7 pm, and they were the last two people left in the office place.

"I appreciate you staying late for that," Lynnette said appreciatively. "You really didn't need to. Your internship pay is a flat rate for the full 12 months, so you don't get paid overtime, you know."

"A job's not worth doing if it's not done right," Jake replied. "I know you needed these numbers, so I don't mind putting in a little extra effort."

"How about this?" Lynnette proposed, feeling charitable. "Let's wrap up here and grab a bite on the way."

"Oh, I appreciate that, Ms. Howard, but I'm pretty tight on money. I can't afford to go out."

"Nonsense," she shot back. "I know what you make, and it's pitiful, but I know you're just trying to get experience for your resume. Now I know how many extra hours you've been putting in at work, and the least I can do to show my appreciation is to at least buy you a decent dinner."

Jake's face brightened. "Are you sure? I mean, yeah, if you're offering. Otherwise, I'd just be eating instant noodles at home."

"It'll be my pleasure. Gather your things and let's get going."

*****

A half hour later, Lynnette and Jake were seated at a small table in a nice steak house.

"I can't thank you enough, Ms. Howard. I could never afford a place like this," Jake marveled as he looked over the menu with meals that started at $50 a plate.

"Please, call me Lynnette. You make me feel so old calling me Ms. Howard all the time."

"I mean no disrespect, Ms. How - I mean Lynnette."

"That's better," she remarked. "Anyway, I believe that good work should be rewarded. Besides, you're coming up toward the end of your internship. What are your plans after that?"

"Well, I've still got senior year of college to finish, and then I enter the real world."

"I wish I could offer you a job, but we've got cutbacks coming, and we don't project to add any new headcount in the next few years. I'd hire you on my team in a heartbeat if I could," Lynnette sighed wistfully.

"Thank you for that, but I understand," Jake answered. "Business is cutthroat. I've just been thankful for the experience. It's one thing to study things in classes, but it's another thing to apply those lesson in real life."

"Any company will be lucky to have you, Jake. Now, I hardly know anything about your private life."

"Well, I'm basically just a broke college student," Jake laughed. "Can't afford a girlfriend. Can barely afford rent, gas, and food."

"I started out the same way. You'll work your way up and will be fine. It just takes a little time," Lynnette reassured him.

"I appreciate that, and I appreciate everything you've done for me and my career," Jake thanked her. "You've been an amazing mentor. If there's anything I can ever do to repay you, just let me know."

Lynnette sat wistfully silent for a few seconds before responding. "If I think of something, I'll be sure to let you know."

*****

That night, Lynnette laid in bed. As usual, her fingers drifted south as she lay underneath her blanket. Her fingers grazed against her labia, pinching her lower lips slightly as she spread her legs wider. She slipped a finger inside, only now she imagined something different. Jake had been on her mind, lately to the point that thoughts of him were almost all consuming.

After confirming he didn't currently have a love life, she wondered if he would consider her idea. After tonight, she felt a closeness to him, but she couldn't gauge if the feeling was mutual. She was practically old enough to be his mother, however, and given their age difference, it was fair to wonder if he ever thought of her sexually. More likely, he viewed her more like a matriarchal figure.

Lynnette told herself that her idea had less to do with lust and everything to do with the beautiful and intelligent baby they could create together. Jake represented all the character traits she wanted the father of her baby to impart onto her child.

Still, she feared actually voicing her idea to Jake. She was a confident woman used to getting her way, and she wasn't sure she could handle the humiliation in a possible rejection. After all, what if he didn't want to help her? What if Jake was repulsed by her proposal. There was a danger he could even report her indecent proposal back to corporate HR. She was putting her entire career in danger, although she was hopeful she could survive a "he said, she said" affair. Besides, she didn't think that Jake was really that vengeful.

Nevertheless, Lynnette unbuttoned her pajama top and began playing with her tits. The orgasm hit fast and hard. She spread her legs wide, imagining that Jake was riding on top of her, pumping his cock in her pussy. She grabbed a dildo and shoved it in, desperate for the feel of a real man inside her as the orgasm left her body shaking in excitement at the prospect of the young white man depositing a large load of cum right in her pussy to breed her.

*****

It was a week later when Lynnette and Jake again were the last two working in the office long after working hours were over. She proposed that she take him out for dinner again, and this time he jumped at the offer.

They ended up at an upscale Italian restaurant, and Jake savored the freshly baked breads, handmade pastas, and savory sauces of the southern Italian regional cuisine. For most of the dinner, Lynnette fretted over how to even broach her proposal.

Her parents had always taught her to face a situation head on, and she decided that was the best approach, even though she knew the potential pitfalls were numerous.

She steered the conversation toward life goals and planning.

"I look back at my life and where I'm going. I've achieved almost everything I ever set out to do after I left college," Lynnette mused.

"You're one of the most accomplished women I've ever met," Jake confirmed.

"Thank you for that," she acknowledged. "It's just funny to think, I turn 40 next month, and now it's like, okay, what do I do with the rest of my life? I've always chased challenges, looking out for the next big thing."

"I can't fathom that," Jake admitted. "I feel like I haven't accomplished anything in my life. But maybe you should just take some time to enjoy your success."

"Well, I've started thinking about life outside the professional realm. You know, there's the personal side of life, as well, our life outside the office."

"Work is a means to an end, the end being a nice, comfortable life where you can indulge in the things you enjoy," Jake agreed.

"Exactly," Lynnette pounced. "Now Jake, there's something I want to ask you, but it has to stay strictly between us. It's a very private matter, and I just don't want my private life out in the open like that, so no one else can ever know. Can you promise me that?"

Jake caught her serious tone, and his eyes narrowed. He silently nodded his head to show his understanding.

Lynnette closed her eyes and took a deep breath before continuing. "Now I haven't talked about this with anyone. It's awkward. I can't believe I'm even discussing this with you. Just buckle in because there's a lot to explain. This is hard enough to say, so I'd appreciate it if you just hear me out, and then you can ask any questions or respond after."

Jake silently nodded his head again.

"As a woman, I get asked all the time, when am I going to get married and settle down to have a family. Well, I refuse to compromise on marriage, as far as just settling for anyone. I've never met my Romeo, if you will, and I won't enter a marriage that I think will end in divorce. I've seen it happen to too many of my other girlfriends. If marriage happens, it happens. At this point, I'm not holding my breath, but I can wait until the right man comes along."

"But the other part of that equation is another thing," Lynnette continued. "Having a family. Turning 40 is forcing me to take stock of everything in my life. I'm realizing now that time is finite. My biological clock is ticking, and the window for me to have a child is dwindling. And, as that time runs down, I'm realizing it's something that I can't wait on until the right man comes along."

"I want a child. I want to be a mother," Lynnette added. "Now I could foster a kid or adopt an unwanted child, and that's all fine and dandy, but I want a child who shares my blood, my genes, my DNA. I want to go through the whole process, carrying a child in my body and giving birth to another person. I want to pass on the lessons from my father and mother and the generations before them. My family history. I can only trace my family history back so far, but my family were proud negroes. My great great grandparents were literate and ran a business in the north in the late 1800's. My father is retired, but he was a lawyer, and my mother was a schoolteacher and a principal. We're a proud people, and I want to extend that legacy to a next generation."

Lynnette paused for a long moment before continuing. "I can see you're asking yourself, why is my boss confiding all this in me? I've been asking myself for a while now if it's all too much to burden you with my trials and tribulations. But there's certain traits I'd want any child of mine to have. I'd want him or her to be hard working and respectful. To be intelligent and courteous."

Jake paid rapt attention as Lynnette continued speaking. "Now I'm already old enough that even if I become pregnant, I know it'll be termed a high-risk pregnancy. I could get a sperm donor, and the costs are relatively low, but there's something so impersonal with that whole process. I've looked into it, and they'll tell you some basic facts about the biological father, but they are mostly anonymous. I'd much rather be impregnated by someone I know. Someone that could give me a beautiful baby with all the traits and values that I hold dear in life."

Lynnette stopped right there and let the full weight of her words sink in with Jake.

"So, you're asking me to - " Jake finally spoke, his voice faltering as he realized what she was hinting at.

"Yes, I'm asking you to breed me," Lynnette confirmed. "Jake, I admire you a lot, and I'd love to have a child with our combined traits and characteristics. I realize this probably sounds crazy. I mean, I'm practically old enough to be your mother, but I know and trust you."

Lynnette paused again as she could practically see the wheels turning in Jake's head as he tried to process all the information.

"I know, it's a lot to take in, and I don't want anything else from you," she continued. "I can have papers drafted up absolving you of any legal or financial obligations for a child."

"So, by breeding you, you want us to - " again Jake's words failed him.

Lynnette gave an embarrassed smile. "Yes, we'd need to make love. Actually, I'm ovulating this weekend. Truth be told, I was hoping if you'd consider spending this weekend with me, and we could see what happens."

She saw the hesitation in his face. "I mean, I won't force you to do anything," she reassured him. "I just thought.... You said you don't have time or money for a girlfriend, and well, I have my little situation here, so maybe it'd be mutually beneficial. But I know I'm older, and I understand if you're just not attracted to me."

"No, it's not that," Jake insisted. "You're just such... I mean you're a woman. All my girlfriends... they all seem like little girls compared to you."

"Jake, I won't lie. I think you're an attractive young man. Now I'm asking if you'd do this for me because of who you are as a person, not your physical attributes, although the fact that you're a handsome strapping young man certainly doesn't hurt."

"I'm intimidated by you in some ways," Jake admitted. "I mean, I respect you immensely. I don't know if I'm man enough for you."

"Oh honey, you're intimidated by me?" Lynnette responded incredulously. "I should be intimidated by you. I'm no spring chicken. I'm not as spry and flexible as your other girlfriends, I'm sure. But I'm not looking for romance. As long as you can get it up, we should be fine."

"That's one thing I can promise," Jake vowed.