Introducing Thaddeus Black Ch. 06

Story Info
More to what meets the eye...
8k words
4.41
15.5k
8

Part 6 of the 8 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 08/31/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
dsoul
dsoul
1,247 Followers

Sunlight streaming past his window, the music of birds chirping in the tree branches, the crunching roar of car tires speeding along the street. The persistent BLEEP! BLEEP! BLEEP! of what sounded to him like an alarm clock.

Thaddeus's eyes blinked themselves open seconds before he realised he ought not to. He turned over on his back, his arm stretched towards the alarm clock and slammed on the button that shut off its noise. The room wasn't that quiet anymore. He remained on the bed for a couple of seconds before stretching his arms and yawning. He turned his head to his left and saw the sleeping form that was Constance Loftus curled on her side. He knew last night hadn't been a dream, still his heart bounded with euphoria at the sight of her lying beside him.

As quiet as he could he slipped off the bed. He wore on a pair of shorts and t-shirt and quietly opened the door and slipped out of the room.

The living room was empty except for the bed he'd shared with Myra. She'd left a note for him on the table. The note read: I ENJOYED MY TIME WITH YOU YESTERDAY AND HOPE TO MAKE MORE. CALL ME ANYTIME. KISSES, MYRA. Underneath the words she'd left her cell number for him. Thad folded the note and pocketed it; he wasn't going to lose it just yet.

He went into the bathroom and first pulled off the band-aid to check his wound. It was nothing but a minor scare now, thank God. He jumped into the shower and had a bath, minutes later walked with light feet into the bedroom so as not to awaken his guest and wore back his clothes of last night then returned to the living room to arrange the furniture as well as get rid of the fold-out bed and return it to the alcove room. Done with all that, he went into the kitchen and brewed himself some tea. A minute later his door bell rang. His first thought was that Myra had forgotten something and returned for it. When he went and peeped through the eye-hole in the door, he sighed to himself before undoing the door's lock. The woman who stood there leaning against his doorway was beautiful, although at that moment she looked like something a truck had run over. She had wavy auburn hair, thick pair of hazel eyes and wide lips. She was wearing a tank top that lifted a pair of jugs that would water any ogling man's eyes and cut-off jeans shorts.

Erica Whitford was a damn hot-looking cougar, and wasn't abashed to look it. Looking at her, it was hard to imagine that she was in her early-forties; her body was as supple and well curved as any woman with a perfect hour glass type of shape. Back in her late teens and early twenties, she had been a Las Vegas showgirl, whereas Artie had been a Navy Lieutenant on leave. Erica had months ago related to Thaddeus her first meeting with Artie once when they'd been feeling each other up. She had been a dancer who'd just broken up with her ex-boyfriend/pimp, whereas Artie had just said goodbye to a five-year marriage and was in Vegas in search of solace and company. They had met over drinks one night Artie and several of his buddies had made attempts to hit on her and some of her colleagues whom she'd been out in town with. They'd had a couple of drinks, exchanged phone numbers and called each other night after night. Three weeks later Artie had proposed and she had accepted and that was that. Thad had long realised Artie wasn't bold enough to keep a woman like Erica in chains and that she could eat him raw whenever she chose to if ever he attempted keeping her under his wings. She and Thad had fucked a couple of times and he knew the only reason she often sneaked over to spend time with him was because she loved the way he gave her 'the dick', which was his specialty. Too had he wasn't expecting her today, not when he had important company lying in bed.

"Hiya, Thad," she jumped into his arms and wrapped hers around his neck and planted a kiss on his lips while Thaddeus struggled to be free of her.

"Gaddamn it, Erica," he spoke with annoyance and cast an eye upstairs at her door. She knew where his eyes were going and giggled at his embarrassment. "You're going to get me in trouble one of these days."

"Don't be nervous, Thad. Artie's off to work and I'm home alone and horny."

"Good for you," he said, closing the door behind her. "You're horny, whereas I'm hungry. The fuck do you keep acting like a slut for, Erica? One of these days, Artie's going to find out, and guess how pissed he's going to be when that happens."

"Oh please. Don't you worry about Artie, he's never going to find out. He's too concerned about me to be worried about you fucking me."

"Just listen to yourself. Is that all you've got to think of this morning? Ain't you got nothing better to do that thinking of fucking?"

"Well, I did think of painting my nails," she pouted. "And I got them done. But now, all I've got weighting on my mind is the taste of your cock in my mouth." She grabbed his crotch and fondled his prick. "Oh yeah, a black cock like none other. I keep telling my friends about you, Thad, and some of them seriously want to meet with you."

"The fuck would you want to go about gossiping about me with a bunch of semi-retired sluts?"

"Oh come off that, will you. I thought you'd be even pleased that I'm putting a good word out there."

"Sorry, Erica. I've got better things to do that work my way as a gigolo to your rich bitches you call friends." He walked to his kitchen to check on the water he'd left on the stove. Erica followed him. "Artie's been complaining about you. He says you've been spending a lot of late hours and wanted if I could talk some sense into you."

She snorted. "Artie can be such a pisser sometimes. I figured he'd come talking to you. I got stuck in traffic yesterday and got home a bit late and he was up waiting for me. Didn't waste to screaming his head off, talking about me being late, about me fucking this and that, like he never knew."

"You've got to keep things in check, Erica. Not saying you can't have your fun, but this is your man we're talking about. Besides, you know Artie's got himself a weak mind. If you two break up right now, I doubt he'll be able to find descent sleep for the twenty years."

"Artie's always been an easily excited type of guy. That's not my fault."

"I never said anything about it being your fault. Just saying you should keep things on a down-low."

"Don't get me wrong, Thad. I love Artie, I really do. But I hate it when he keeps trying to bud into my life, like I do the same with his. Besides, Artie knows very well the type of work that I do."

"Really? And do share with me, exactly what type of work that is?"

"Why Thad, I organise parties," she said primly. "Rich, decadent, swinging parties for rich people with big pockets who want all the dirty stuff their money can afford but are too afraid to ask. I'm not the real party organiser though—my boss lady handles much of everything. I'm just a cog in the wheel and I get to mingle with some of these folks and see whatever favours I can get from them."

Thad was listening to her while he made himself a cup of tea. He sipped his tea, nodding at the right moments while at the same time telling himself not to take any of her words too seriously.

"Sounds like the type of job fit only for a secretary," he said dismissively.

"Come on, Thad. A girl's got to make a living and have some fun too. No need for you to sweat my game."

"I ain't the one here sweating your game, Erica. Just don't want you getting corrupted by it all. You can have all the fun and games you want, just know that Artie loves you, and it'd break his heart, and mine, to know that you don't."

"I know that, Thad, and I'm not going to break his heart. He's going to have to break mine first, and I'm not ever going to let him." she smiled as she came towards him, her voice turned silky. "So, how about you and I get back to talking about us. I've got a new pair of spandex outfit I've been wanting to put on just for you." Her hand went back to his crotch; she slid her tongue over her lips. "You've been keeping me wanting this your cock all week, Thad. I don't like that."

"Not now, Erica. Got some office work I need to handle. How about I give you a call later." He took her hand and pulled her along into the living room. Erica grumbled as he opened the front door for her.

"Not fair, Thad," she stumped her feet on his outside carpet. Her arms around his neck as if in desperation while she whined like a petulant child. "For God's sake, I need you right now. Or didn't you hear me, Thad? I'm fucking horny!"

"I can fucking see that, Erica," he enunciated his words at the same time extricated her arms from his neck. "And like I told you, now just isn't a good time for me, seriously it ain't. Look, I'll make it up to you later, okay? Just trying and give me between now and the afternoon." His hand slid over her backside and grabbed her ass and gave it a good squeeze. "I know you've been wanting me, and I too have been wanting you. Now just ain't good for me."

"So you've told me time and time again before. I keep wondering why you're dodging me."

"Not dodging you, girl. Just got some serious work on my plate right now, but we'll see how well things turn out later."

"I'll hold you on that. You promise to give me a call later?"

"Hell yeah, I promise—Oh darn! Just remember I've only got Artie's cell number and not yours."

She reached a hand into the side pocket of her jeans and took out a silver-coated business card. It had her name and the words 'CLUB EROS De VENUS' stencilled above it, along with a logo that looked like something out of an Ancient Greek painting. Her number was etched underneath.

"That the club you belong to?" he asked as he turned the card over in his hand.

"Yes. I'd still like for you to come be a part of it."

"What's Eros? Some crazy love portion?"

"No. He was a god of Ancient Greek. God of Lust. Go figure," she kissed his cheek. "I'll be expecting your call. Don't keep me waiting."

Thad stood there and watched her shake her ass from side to side as she returned up the stairs back into her apartment, waving at him before she disappeared inside. Thaddeus closed his door and went to see about his important guest.

Constance was just getting up from bed when he came in. She had the blanket covering her body and when she saw him a bit of indecision ran through her face whether to let down the blanket or hide her nakedness as if he hadn't already felt her through her body last night.

"Good morning," he said to her. "Glad to see you're awake."

"Morning," she smiled and let the blanket fall from her body, letting him have all the eyeful of her that he wanted. She got up from the bed and stretched. "I was wondering if you were coming to wake me up."

"Sorry, you never asked for a wake-up call," he came and wrapped his arm around her. "But now that I'm here, consider yourself awake." He kissed her.

"What about your friend from last night? What was her name again?"

"Err ... I can't remember. Besides, you're here and she isn't. Look, I didn't mean for you to see what you saw last night—"

"Don't worry about it. I'll take it out of the compensation money I owe you. Right now, I'm famished."

"Come with me then, let's fix you up something. But first, let's get you something to wear. Wouldn't want my neighbours spying through my window and wondering who's the fine-looking lady I've got in here with me."

He discarded the former pair he'd given her last night and riffled through his cabinet for another pair of shorts and another shirt for her to wear. This time she didn't ask him to turn around for her. They went into the kitchen and he made some scrambled eggs for her and while he was making another fresh pot of tea, she went into the living room and turned on the TV set, flicking for the local news channel. Had she known what she was going to find, she never would have turned it on. While the newscaster spoke, a photo of her son appeared beside his head with the words MISSING written in bold letters under his photo. To say that Constance was aghast was an understatement. She searched around then found the TV's remote and increased the volume. Thad heard the sound of the news from the kitchen and came to the doorway about to enquire about it. The smile that was on his face melted away as he too saw the photo of Constance's son, Johnny on the TV screen with the newscaster speaking to their face.

"... son of the late millionaire industrialist and foremost philanthropist, Emmet Gerald Loftus has been declared missing for the past two and a half days. These are the late words we're receiving from an anonymous source which has just been verified by the city police and the state county department. For now, no comment has been said from the Loftus estate, and the late industrialist's widow, Constance Loftus, isn't yet available for comment ..."

The picture behind the newscaster dissolved to show a mob of reporters and cameramen, all of them looking excited as they set up camp in front of Loftus Garden, most of them training their long camera lens through the walls of the gate into the compound. The newscaster was still chattering when Constance aimed the remote at the TV and turned it off.

She turned to face him, a look of horror on her face as she tried comprehending all what they'd just heard on the news. "My God, this can't be happening. How did they know? Who told them?" she looked at Thad as if expecting him for an answer. Thad looked at her and saw the look in her eyes that spoke of guilt and complicity.

"It's my fault this is happening," she remarked as if to herself. "If I'd gone home last night ... if maybe I'd done what that kidnapper asked, none of this would be happening."

"That's nonsense, and you know it," said Thaddeus approaching her. "You didn't leak this story out to the press and neither did I, so stop blaming yourself for it."

"Oh but I can, Thad," her eyes and her voice sparked with anger at him. "If you'd only given that man the money, maybe none of this would have happened."

"It wouldn't have made any difference, Constance," he snapped. "The bastard never had your boy, didn't I tell you that?"

"Yes, you did," she stabbed a finger at his chest. "You're also supposed to be out there finding him, instead of standing here talking ... Ughh! What am I even doing here? I have to go home."

She pushed past him, left him standing there holding her cup of tea in his hand while she went in the direction of the bedroom. He sipped the tea and with the TV remote in hand, turned it on and watched a re-run of the news. Constance appeared minutes later having hurriedly worn back her clothes and shoes. The angry disposition still lit her face.

"You want that I call you a cab?" he asked.

"No, don't bother, I'll get one myself."

Thad was hurt by her tone of voice but made no show of it. He reached for her arm as she was about walking past him. "Constance, wait."

"Please, Thad, let go. I've got a lot of things to do." She pulled her arm from his, not bringing herself to look at him. "I'll send you a cheque later to cover up for everything you've done so far."

She opened his front door and stepped out into the sunlight. Thad stood by his doorway and watched her cross to the other side of the street. A taxi passed by. She stopped it and got in and then it drove off. Thad retreated back into his world and closed his front door.

---------------

He was back to his lonely self.

Thaddeus went and slumped down on the couch feeling the earlier buoyancy he'd woken up with dissipate from him. He felt like a teen back in the ring early in his career when he was learning the ropes trying not to wound up with a broken nose or anything much worse. He felt like he'd just being through a bout of combination jabs followed by a total KO. One minute he'd been happy, it had felt like a lovely morning, a chance not to think of anything else except the warm pleasurable feel of lying next to a beautiful woman/client. Not up to an hour after that it had all come crashing down on him, all because some dumb idiot of a cop, whoever the bastard was, had finally spilled the beans of her missing kid.

He sat there deliberating over everything and raised his head a minute later when he thought he heard a ringing sound coming from his bedroom. He rushed in there and saw it was his phone; it was his Sergeant friend, Greg, calling.

"Yo, Thad, what gives?" his friend spoke into his ear after he'd answered his call. "I'm watching Fox News right now and I see your client's got her name and that of her kid splattered all over. I thought you'd have this case solved and nailed by now?"

"I don't know, Greg. Looks like someone in uniform beat me to it."

"It's a pisser, I know. I'm sorry it all went to hell for you."

"Nothing to be sorry about, my friend. How's the activity like on your end?"

"You won't believe it, but nearly the entire building's gone crazy with reporters since, all of them swarming around right and left, all of them trying to get any leads on the missing Loftus kid. Hard to know who must have tattled over here, everybody's just shook up about it. I hear the Mayor will be dropping down here around noon."

"Just like that," Thad snorted cynically. "You would think the ass wipe would get his butt any faster down here if it had been some poor black woman's kid that had been missing."

"Hey, I despise politics more than the next man, but that's just the way it is, Thad."

"Yeah, I know. The shit's really hit the fan on this one."

"Well, look on the bright side—there's no mention of you on the news. That's a good thing knowing you're in the clear. The boy's mom is going to get to talking though, now that it's everywhere."

"It is and it isn't, Greg. I promised finding her boy soon and I failed on that. Wherever that kid is, there's going to be a lot of crazies out there searching for him too. Anyway, I've got some checking up to do. I'll holler at you later."

"You take it easy, friend. Let me know if you need anything."

"Will do, Greg. And thanks."

He hung up the phone, threw it over his head and fell on his back on the bed and covered his face with his hands, feeling lost than ever before. He hated it when such things happened, of not being in control of the outcome of things. He could imagine the hurt Constance must be passing through right now, seeing that this was the one moment she never wished to come about, and neither did he. Pretty soon the cops will be interviewing her and she'll probably let on about her hiring him to find her kid, and what's going to happen next? The cops are going to be badgering on him, wanting to know everything he knew, most especially about the guy who'd demanded a ransom last night.

Thaddeus's hands came off his face as something jolted him—the ransom! Constance had left in a hurry and forgotten about the money.

He left the bed and went to open the closet. The money bag remained where he'd left it last night. He took it out and brought it to the bed and zipped it open. The bundles of money lay scattered inside along with his pocket pistol and the tape recorder. He took both of these out and rewound the tape inside the player then pressed PLAY. There came the kid's voice, straight and short, most likely something he'd read that had been placed in front of him by the kidnapper or whoever he was.

"Hi mom ... I'm doing alright ..." It was followed by a hissing sound signalling the end of the recording. The hissing went on for more than a minute of the tape Thaddeus was about to press the STOP button when some strange noise began to play out. At first he couldn't make it out. It sounded like someone sobbing, then the kid's voice whispering to himself. Thad increased the tape's volume to catch the words. It sounded like the kid was singing himself a sort of lullaby. At first he confused the words for something else, but after rewinding and playing it back a couple more times did.

dsoul
dsoul
1,247 Followers