Invisible In Plain Sight

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I went on to tell her about my very average childhood. Growing up in the suburbs as an only child, my parents still together and living in the same house I grew up in. How I worked hard at school and played some sports, eventually earning good marks to go to university. My Dad was in marketing and I just followed in his footsteps.

When I finished talking Amy smiled at me. It was as though she knew it was a struggle for me to talk about myself. Being with her though made it easier than I thought to tell her about my life.

The time had gotten away from us as we sat there getting to know each other. Before we knew it the café was closing and we had to leave. After I settled the bill, Amy and I decided to take a walk. I certainly knew I wanted to spend more time with her and she seemed to want to be with me.

Walking through the town we ended up at a park. The sun was still shining and the weather warm. We took a seat in the shade and continued to talk. The conversation didn't stop between us, we talked and we laughed. I hadn't had such a good time like this with anyone in ages. Amy was a special person. How she gravitated towards me I did not know, but I knew there was something great between us even after such a short time.

While we were sitting there Amy dug into her bag and pulled her phone out. She flicked it to the photo section and then passed her phone to me.

"Do you remember this?" Amy giggled.

Looking at the picture on the screen I immediately saw that it was a selfie of the two of us. She must have taken it last night at the party. I had my arm around her and she had her arm around me. My head was leaning on hers and we were both grinning like mad. It was a great photo of the both of us.

"I don't remember you taking that picture." I said with a smile.

"I took it just after the band finished one of their songs." She replied with a cheeky grin.

I looked up from the picture and back at Amy. She was smiling at me. Her green eyes were sparkling and held my gaze. Looking back down at the picture I could feel my heart pounding. Returning my gaze to Amy I said the first thing that came into my head.

"These two in that picture look like a really good couple."

Amy looked into my eyes and the tip of her tongue moistened her lips. Somehow we moved closer together.

"I was thinking the same thing." She replied almost in a whisper, her gaze never leaving mine.

With my free hand I moved some of her red hair away from her face, my fingers gently grazing along her jaw line, moving her closer to me. I moved closer until our faces were mere millimetres apart. I could feel her warm breath on my skin. My lips reached hers. As they touched Amy's hand grabbed my shoulder and pulled me closer. Our lips melted together. This wasn't a first kiss or even a regular kiss. This was a kiss for the ages. Our tongues duelled and danced as we expressed the excitement that had been building between us.

The kiss paused momentarily as we both seemed to need to take a breath. My eyes opened and I could see Amy staring into my eyes, a smile creeping across her face. I must have been doing the same as her smile broadened. I moved in closer again and we kissed again. Both her arms went around me and I did the same. I wanted her as close to me as I could get her. This kiss was even better than the first. Her lips felt exquisite on mine, her probing tongue reacting to every move I made.

When we paused again, Amy moved back a little further. Her cheeks were a little flushed, her eyes blinking as if trying to regain her thoughts. We were still entwined together, arms holding each other close. It was then that I noticed how warm she felt against me and how soft her dress was under my hands. I imagine the look on my face in that instant completely gave away what I was feeling for Amy.

She moved and held me close, cuddling me tight against her. As we embraced I was sure I heard her sigh and squeeze me just a little tighter. So far saying exactly what was on my mind had worked, so while we were close like this I had to ask the one thing that was on my mind.

"Oh Amy... I hope you're single."

I felt Amy start to giggle as we were cuddled close. She moved her face back and looked into my eyes again. Leaning forward she kissed me briefly before moving her face back. Her gorgeous green eyes were drawing me ever deeper into her soul.

"Josh I am single... But I hope I'm not single for very long." She replied.

Our faces were so close as we spoke, that our noses were almost touching. Amy was smiling and her tongue was peeking out. She looked adorable. I couldn't help myself and I had to kiss her again. Amy didn't mind in the slightest and she returned my kisses. Every time our lips touched I could feel the electricity between us. In all my years I had never had the same experience kissing someone as I had kissing Amy.

We kissed and made out for some time before we finally decided to untangle our lips. As we moved apart, I realised I still had her phone in my hand. I handed the phone back to her and she laughed. She flicked her finger around on it and then put her other arm around me. Leaning in she kissed me again, a brief kiss.

When we broke apart, Amy looked at me before looking at her phone. She smiled and showed me the screen. There was a picture of us kissing just then.

"A new one for my collection." She giggled.

"You will have to send those to me."

"Oh I'm sure that can be arranged."

By now the sun had started to go down, and the shadows were lengthening. We held hands and started to walk back to where our cars were parked. I definitely didn't want the day to end and neither did Amy. We walked into the pub in town and had a drink and some dinner. Our conversation never stopped.

After dinner, we both realised we needed to get home. We would see each other again in less than 12 hours. Walking to where our cars were parked we kissed again.

As we were cuddled together, about to say our goodbyes, Amy brought up a very important point.

"Ummm Josh, how are we going to act tomorrow at work?"

"Yeah that's a good thought. How do you want to play it?"

"Well I think we should just play it professionally at work. I mean we've only had one date." Amy smiled.

"I think that's the right way to do it too. Just act like we did before.... Although it will be hard..." I said as I moved closer to her.

"It will be hard Josh. But I'm sure if we both try we can behave ourselves... And besides we are going out again on Tuesday."

"I can't wait."

"Neither can I."

*****

I walked into the office Monday morning on cloud nine. When the lift door opened and I walked over towards our cubicle I saw that Amy was already at her desk. She was looking very professional, her hair tied up, her glasses on, working away at her computer.

As I approached she turned and saw me. She beamed her smile at me and looked very pleased to see me.

"Hi Amy. How are you?"

"Hi Josh. I'm good. How are you?"

"I'm good too thanks. Did you have a good day yesterday?"

Amy's big grin turned even brighter in an instant.

"I had the best day I've had in forever yesterday."

"I had a great day too. We will have to catch up and you can tell me about it."

"I'd love to."

With that brief exchange I went and sat down at my desk and turned my computer on. I turned my head and saw Amy glance at me. I gave her a wink and she grinned, before blowing me a little kiss. She then turned back to her work.

Thankfully I had a large amount of actual work to do. This provided a very suitable distraction from the gorgeous woman sitting only 3 metres behind me. We managed to go about our normal work duties relatively straightforwardly. Amy did appear to be busy with scheduling for a couple of the new store builds. My work day was full of changes to the upcoming promotions.

During the day I walked over to Greg's cubicle to discuss the copy for the updated ads we were running. We chatted away about work before our attention turned to the party on Saturday night. He asked about my conversation with Lisa and meeting Steve Gooding. I told him all that happened.

"When I came back Aaron said you were off talking to Becky in accounts. How did you go with her?"

"She's great. We had a good night. Didn't you see us dancing close to you and Amy- it is Amy isn't it? - When the band were playing?"

"Yes it is Amy and no I didn't see you. But I'd had a few rums by that stage."

"Yeah I was surprised to see you dancing... Amy seems really nice. You should ask her out. She must like you to spend so much time with you at the party."

"I don't know. I think she has a boyfriend." I replied somewhat facetiously.

"Well mate even if she does I think you'd have a good shot with her.... Did you see Jacko from logistics dancing on the table and falling off?"

"No I didn't." I said.

When I heard this comment I somehow felt relieved. While it wasn't good for Jacko, it did that mean my somewhat 'out of character' efforts at the party wouldn't be under scrutiny.

Throughout the day both Amy and I worked. For me just knowing Amy was there near me was a nice feeling. We sent each other little messages and happy glances. Once when Amy walked out of the cubicle she ran her hand across my shoulders. She looked back and gave me a wink as she walked away. Oh did she look gorgeous. Being professional at work was hard.

*******

We had arranged to go out again on Tuesday and I picked her up from her apartment. We were just going to a little nearby restaurant. Arriving at her door, Amy opened it and instantly she wrapped her arms around me and kissed me. It felt so good having her in my arms again after 2 days of frustration. Our kisses and caresses conveyed the yearning we felt.

Once at the restaurant and ordered we talked about everything. It was funny that even though we worked less than 3 meters apart, our jobs were totally different. Listening to Amy talk about what she did at work was fascinating. We chatted more about our past, travelling, and all the things to get to know each other better. In her private life she was a sci-fi nerd which was not something I was expecting. She even had a collection of memorabilia from some movies she loved. Amy listened to everything I said and I couldn't get enough of her. She was looking into my eyes, holding my hand. I felt so unbelievably lucky that she liked me and was going out with me.� � � � � � � � � � � � �

"Amy I have to ask you- how are you single? No- how come you were single?"

She squeezed my hand.

"You got that right I WAS single..." Amy grinned before pausing and looking away for a moment. When her gaze returned, the usual bright countenance wasn't on her face. I couldn't read the look on her face.

"Josh I was single because.... Because guys just didn't see me." Amy said in a slightly exasperated tone. She looked at me and could see the confused look on my face. "I'm a redhead, I'm short, and I'm nerdy, geeky and wear glasses. I'm not the girl guys go for. They never have."

"I don't believe you." I replied incredulously.

"It's true. I was basically invisible. They would see my friends, want to date them. Me- I was that 'other' girl. The short girl they could talk to about movies and stuff, but not date. It always seemed the more that I tried the more I drove them away...."

I could completely see what Amy was saying but it didn't mirror my experience with her at all.

"You definitely weren't invisible to me. You're a gorgeous, smart, funny woman with a bubbly, enthusiastic personality."

"Oh Josh. Thank you." Amy replied, squeezing my hand and smiling in a very modest way.

"I do know what it's like to feel invisible though. I totally understand that.... Girls never saw me either. I was that nice guy they could talk to.... I liked so many girls, but I could never make that next move to ask them out. I could talk to girls, even make friends with them, but my own... Inability to make the leap to ask girls out.... Well I became invisible to girls I liked.... Even recently....."

"Recently? What do you mean?"

Looking into Amy's eyes I could see she wanted to know. I trusted her and had to tell her.

"At the party, do you know why I was drinking so much?"

"Ummm no. I just thought you were blowing off some steam."

"Partly. But I was also drowning my frustrations. I had just found out that the woman I had a bit of a crush on, which I knew was never going to happen, was in a long term relationship. I felt so foolish for not even knowing this."

"Who was it Josh?"

I sighed. "Lisa my boss."

"She's going out with Steve Gooding..... " Amy started to say before her voice trailed away.

"Yeah I never realised that. I felt so stupid. Stupid for having a crush and even more ridiculous for not even being able to talk to girls the right way... And I felt invisible all over again."

Amy looked into my eyes and spoke quietly. "You weren't invisible to me."

I smiled at Amy and ran my thumb over her hand.

"You weren't invisible to me either. - I'm amazed I managed to ask you out to lunch the other day.... I feel so comfortable with you Amy. More than I have felt with anyone before."

"I feel great when I'm with you too. I get butterflies whenever I think about you...."

I scooted my chair around to be beside her. Holding her chin gently I moved in closer to kiss her. We kissed deeply. It was the culmination of sharing more about each other and the kiss topped it off perfectly. Her lips on mine excited me every time. This kiss seemed to draw me even closer to Amy. When we reluctantly unlocked lips Amy sighed. The look she gave me told me everything. This wasn't a crush for her. It definitely wasn't just a crush for me.

Shortly after this we left the restaurant and I drove Amy back to her place. We kissed and made out in my car and I walked her to her door. Once at her door Amy looked somewhat conflicted. I kissed her again and she held me close.

"Josh I... I've had a great night with you. We are going out again on Friday right?"

"Yes we are and I can't wait. Going to see the rescreening of 'Star Wars IV- A New Hope' with you will be great. And I will see you at work."

"I can't wait to be honest." Amy had a conflicted look on her face. "I hope you don't mind that I don't invite you in..."

"Amy its fine. I... I think we have something very special here. I don't want to blow it by being impatient or trying to rush anything..."

Amy kissed me again.

"Thank you Josh. I know we have something great. It's just that... I have this silly '3 date rule'. I just... I don't..."

"You don't want to break the rule. I get it. I really do."

"You're so sweet."

"You're gorgeous."

We kissed again one more time.

"See you tomorrow."

***********

After two more flirty and frustrating days at work, Friday arrived. While Amy was excited about seeing Star Wars at the movies again, she was more excited to go out with me. As we packed up for the end of the day Amy and I chatted together and said goodbye to our colleagues. Travelling down the lift together, we walked across to where our cars were parked. As we walked Amy slid her hand into mine. I looked across to her and she was smiling.

"Hello there." I said with a grin.

Amy giggled a little.

"An Obi Wan impression. You are getting into the spirit of seeing Star Wars tonight."

I hadn't even meant it to be that, but I instantly knew what Amy was talking about. By this stage we had arrived at our cars that were parked next to each other. I slipped my arms around her and she did the same. We kissed a nice long kiss.

"I've wanted to do that all day." I moaned quietly after our kiss finished.

Amy moved in closer to me. "Me too."

We kissed again before bidding adieu for a couple of hours.

I arrived right on time to pick up Amy from her apartment. Going upstairs I knocked on her door. As it opened I couldn't help but laugh out loud. Amy was wearing jeans, nice top and to top it all off, a replica Stormtrooper helmet from Star Wars. When I managed to control my laughter, I noticed Amy was posing, hands on hips, turning to show off her outfit. I just knew what to say.

"Hello there. Aren't you a little short to be a Stormtrooper?"

"Yes." Amy laughed from under the helmet, before taking it off. "I knew you'd get the joke."

Amy was laughing and her whole face was lit up. We kissed and hugged before she showed me inside. Her apartment was very nice and she had a real treasure trove of sci-fi stuff. Helmets, replica props, books and DVD's of her favourites were all in a large cabinet in her living room. I looked at these while Amy finished getting ready. She grabbed a jacket to wear as the night had turned cool, with a storm looking likely.

We left her place a few moments later and drove in my car to the movies. Amy and I grabbed a quick dinner before going into the movie. Seeing Star Wars again on the big screen was great, but having Amy with me was even better. We held hands, cuddled, kissed and enjoyed seeing the movie together. While our other dates had been fun, this date felt different. It seemed we were both a little flirtier than previously.

As we left the cinema, I pulled Amy close and we made out against the wall. Our passions were well and truly ignited. Everything about her turned me on. My hands were on her taut butt as we kissed. Her hands did the same, squeezing my bum and moving us closer together. These kisses were well and truly arousing. After making out for a few moments Amy moved back slightly from our kisses.

"Let's go back to your place Josh. It's closer than mine." She whispered into my ear. Looking into her eyes I could see pure excitement.

I quickly took her hand and we went straight to my car. Kissing again there only helped increase our mutual arousal. Driving home was difficult as the sexy creature next to me had her hand on my leg and was squeezing and caressing me as I drove. After her appearance in the Stormtroopers helmet I had to ask Amy a question.

"You haven't got any more Star Wars surprises for me have you? You're not wearing Princess Leia's gold bikini under your clothes are you?" I said with a laugh

Amy grinned and she moistened her lips with her tongue.

"Oh no. Don't you remember the first rule of Star Wars- no underwear in space." Amy grinned.

As I drove she took my left hand and moved inside her jacket and under her top. Touching her warm soft skin was wonderful. She slid it further up to her breast. Her bare breast. Amy had no bra on. I almost drove off the road. She took my hand out from her shirt before kissing and lightly running her tongue over the palm of my hand.

We parked the car in the garage of my apartment building just as the storm began to rumble. Holding hands we almost ran up the stairs to my abode. At my door Amy was rubbing herself against me as I fumbled with the keys trying to get in. The door opened and we burst in, a lustful mass of arms wrapped around each other kissing as we walked. We tumbled onto my lounge and our making out became more intense. I whispered into Amy's ear as we made out.

"Oh Amy I want you."

"I want you so bad Josh." Amy moaned back.

Our jackets had come off somehow as our hands roamed. Our kisses were pure passion, her tongue duelling with mine. Her neck was so soft and delicious as I tasted it. Amy groaned passionately and squirmed closer to me as I did this. Her fingers were at the base of my t-shirt, trying to lift it up. I grasped her beautiful jeans clad bottom and lifted her slightly. I sat up at the same time and she was now on my lap.

Leaning forward Amy grabbed my t-shirt and in a momentary lapse between kisses she lifted it up over my head and threw it on the floor. Her hands fell straight onto my chest. Her soft warm hands moved all over me as we continued to kiss. I slid my hands under her shirt and was rubbing her back. Her hips were moving on my lap, and my excitement was now straining in my jeans. Amy had moved herself so she was rolling herself against me in just the right spot. I took hold of her shirt and started to lift it off her. Amy sat back slightly and raised her arms over her head. I lifted the shirt off her with a flourish and threw this too onto the floor. Looking into her eyes I pulled her close so that we were bare chested together. I kissed her deeply as I held her against me, her warm skin feeling amazing. Amy's arms were around my neck holding me tight. I slid my hands from her bum up her sides. As they moved up I revelled in feeling her under my hands. My thumbs brushed against the sides of her full breasts. Amy moaned into my mouth in excitement when she felt this.