Ironman

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She looked back up at him then said with a warm smile, "Me, too, Luke."

He smiled back then said, "You really are, you know. Beautiful, that is."

She looked down again for a moment then looked back into his eyes and said, "Thank you. I'm still struggling to believe you, but it's very nice to hear you say."

"You better," he told her very seriously. "Because it really is true."

He opened the door then walked her out to her car and opened that door for her, too.

As she went to get in, Ashton said, "I'm glad I was...in the neighborhood, too."

Luke smiled a happy smile then told her, "I'll text you later today, okay?"

"I'll be looking forward to it," she said as she got behind the wheel.

"Drive safe," he told her.

"I will," she promised, unaware he wanted to kiss her as badly as she wanted him to.

As she drove away, Luke sensed the presence of another person and looked over his shoulder.

"We okay?" his big brother asked.

"Yeah. We're good," Luke told him.

He turned toward his brother then said, "Really good."

"You really like her, don't you?" Jason asked almost rhetorically.

"Yes I do," his younger brother replied. "I know it makes no sense, but I really do."

"The heart wants what the heart wants, right, bro?"

Luke looked at his brother then said, "I suppose that's true. In this case, I have no idea where this might go, or if it even can go, but I gotta tell you, I can't wait to find out."

"Then all I can say is...go...for it, and find out where it leads."

"Hey, this kind of turned into being all about me today. How you doing with Kendra leaving town?"

"Honestly? I'm doin' okay. In fact, I think it might be for the best."

"How so?" Luke asked.

"I uh, I like her. I like her a lot. But I'm kinda thinking maybe she was a...like a catalyst of some kind."

"So you're saying she's not the one, she just facilitated your realization that you're looking for someone like her?"

"Facilitated your realization. Man, I thought I was in big-word territory coming up with catalyst."

"It's not a competition."

"That's a good thing," Jason told him. "Because no matter what it's been, I could never measure up where you're concerned."

Luke started to say that was all 'bull' when Jason stopped him.

"I'm not angry, upset, or jealous. I'm just stating a fact. You're the better man, Luke. Whether it's school, athletics, or women, you've always kicked my ass. Hands down. That's why I want you to be careful. With Ashton. Or any other woman. Just make sure you know what you're doing. I'm not kidding. You can win Ironman. You're that good. But if settling down is more important to you then you've got my support. All the way."

"Wow. I don't know what to say," Luke told him.

"Now that's a first," Jason kidded.

"I feel like we should hug or something."

Jason laughed then said, "Uh-huh. Don't take this 'bromance' of ours too far, okay?"

"No. That wouldn't be cool, would it?"

"No. Not cool at all," his brother said as he put his hand on his brother's shoulder. "Now how about we get back to work? We've got a ton of stuff to get done today. Starting with that FX.4."

Luke went back to work, but he couldn't think about anything but seeing Ashton again. His mind was a swirl of ideas about when and where to meet, but in the end, it seemed logical to get together at the coffee shop across from Gypsy's.

"I'd love to!" she texted back within seconds.

"Is tonight too early?"

"No. Tonight would be fine."

"So...early? Maybe 6 o'clock?"

"I'll see you then, Luke!"

The rest of the day flew by and Luke even whistled while he worked. Jason noticed, but didn't say a thing because he'd gotten a very nice text of his own from Kendra letting him know she'd arrived safely.

Luke was waiting outside Gypsy's at 5:50, and when Ashton walked up five minutes later, a smile broke out on his face.

"Oh, my...gosh. You look...amazing," he told her.

Her hair was down and really did look amazing as it framed her pretty face. She was wearing a very nice dress and a pair of heels, and this was the first time Luke had seen her wearing makeup.

"Thank you, and...hi," she told him.

"I love the heels, but won't they hurt your running?" he asked.

"I'm willing to risk it," she told him with a happy smile. "For the right person."

Luke opened the door for her then asked if she'd like anything.

"No, thank you. I'm...fine," she let him know.

He grabbed another bottle of water then set down across from her.

"I'm so glad we talked," Luke told her.

"Me, too. I have to admit I was really lost for a while there."

"Oh, me too," Luke told her with a laugh.

"Both of us had no idea what the other had actually said."

"Ashton? I'm just glad you're here."

"So am I, Luke," she told him. "I have to warn you I'm a little nervous, though."

"I used nearly half a stick of deodorant, so...I understand," he admitted.

"I talked with Kendra for nearly an hour today after I left, and she said she was really happy about us getting together."

"Jason is also being really supportive, so I guess what really matters now is how you and I feel."

"Well, other than nervous, I think I feel...hopeful. It's as though meeting you made me believe I won't have to spend the rest of my life alone."

"I won't presume that means you would even entertain spending it with me, but I will say that I also felt hopeful after meeting you."

Ashton smiled then said, "This is probably more 'blabbing', but Kendra told me that Jason said you're at a point where you're looking to settle down. Is that even close to the way you feel?"

Luke laughed quietly then told her it was before saying, "You know what? I'm kind of learning to like 'blabbing'."

The way Ashton laughed, and looked at him, told him she was at least interested in him in some kind of romantic way. He wasn't sure how, but he'd seen that look enough to know what it meant.

"But yes, that's true. I've been so fixated on finding someone that it's not only competing with trying but maybe even winning out. I don't know if this is normal, but I do know it's the way I've felt for a year or so now."

"I'm certainly not a psychiatrist, but I do know that I was almost closed off to the idea of ever remarrying, and after having gone on two pretty awful dates, I think I was even okay with that. But, well, after talking to you, something inside of me...opened up, maybe? I'm not sure how to describe it, but it really was like some kind of switch was thrown, and I suddenly found myself very much wanting to experience real love again."

"I've never experienced it before, Ashton, but I would like nothing more than to do so. With the right woman, of course."

"I suppose that's what dating is all about, right?" she said with another warm smile.

"Right. Yes, I believe it is," Luke told her.

"So...is that what this is, Luke? Is this...a date?"

"I don't know, but I'm really, really hoping it is," he told her.

Ashton smiled happily then said, "Then this is definitely a date."

"I'm torn between wanting to move over and sit next to you or staying here so I can see how truly beautiful you are," Luke told her with complete sincerity.

"That's funny because I was sitting here thinking the same thing."

"Ashton?"

"Yes?"

"Could we...would it be okay if we called our first time here our first date?" Luke asked.

She kind of tilted her head then said, "I think that would be okay. May I ask why?"

Luke smiled as he slid around to her side and sat next to her.

"Well, if this is our second date, it might be more appropriate for me to tell you how much I'd like to kiss you."

Ashton's heart began racing as she smiled at this incredibly handsome, much-much-younger man and said, "I don't think it would be inappropriate...at all."

Luke smiled back then gently brush her soft, silky hair away from her face as he leaned over and softly pressed his lips against hers. Ashton kissed him back and although it only lasted a couple of seconds, both of them were 'on fire' from the brief encounter.

"I uh, I just have to tell you again how beautiful you are," Luke said quietly as she gently wiped the lipstick off of his lips.

"You know, when you said you thought I was offended because you told me that too many times too soon, you couldn't have been more wrong."

"No?"

"No. I...I couldn't believe someone as handsome as you was saying that to me. I'll admit I wasn't sure if you were being serious or just being nice, but it was wonderful to hear you say it."

"It had to be said," Luke told her as he gently ran the back of his hand along her hair.

"I know you said it doesn't matter, but are you really okay with me, you know, being...older?"

"Ashton? I don't see you as 'older'. I see you as you. This smart, pleasant, beautiful woman I want to spend as much time with as I possibly can."

When she looked away, Luke wondered what was wrong then asked, "Does that mean you have concerns about my age?"

"Yes," she said. "Well, about your age, but not about...you."

"I'm not sure I understand."

She turned toward him then said, "I'm 41 years old, Luke, and nothing can change that. You're 27, and that, too, is just a fact. I think my concerns come from a lifetime of being conditioned to believe that an age difference like that is...wrong or...immoral...or..."

"I understand," Luke said, now feeling like things were going south.

"But you're nothing like what I picture when I think of someone that age."

She smiled sweetly then said, "Well, with the exception of looking so handsome it kills me."

He went to speak but Ashton asked him to let her finish.

"So the thing is, even though you're that particular age, nothing else about you feels...wrong. I know we need to get to know each other better, but so far, I...I feel this...this connection with you. And maybe it's that connection that's made me feel hopeful and happy, and like..."

"Falling in love again is at least possible?" Luke said, finishing her sentence.

"Yes. Thank you," she told him.

"Then I'd like nothing more than to start learning everything there is to know about you," Luke told her quietly.

"Same here," Ashton replied. "Well, with one small exception."

"And what might that be?" Luke asked as they looked into each other's eyes.

"Would it be possible to maybe have you kiss me again first?"

"Oh. That. I see. I uh, I think that could be arranged," he told her as he slowly moved closer until their lips met again.

This kiss was slightly longer, and much more meaningful as Ashton reached for his hand and held it as they kissed.

"Better?" Luke asked in a whisper when it ended.

"Yes. Much," she told him.

For the next three hours they sat there and talked almost without a break. The primary topic was trying, but they bounced around from childhood experiences to first loves to a dozen other topics. Neither of them cared that their conversation was almost schizophrenic as they moved from subject to subject, often without finishing the one before whatever came up next.

At one point Luke expressed concern about the amount of money he made, and before he could finish his thought, Aston told him that was the last thing she cared about.

"You have a job. You and your brother own the shop. You work hard. You do what you love doing. To me, that's all that matters."

"I just won't ever be rich," he informed her.

"I wouldn't want to be rich," she said, surprising him greatly. "I think wealthy people have all kinds of problems I never want to experience. And it really is true that money doesn't buy happiness."

Ashton had been a dental hygienist since she was 22 years old. She'd stayed home with Kendra for three years then went to school for training and found a job with a local dentist. She'd been there ever since and, with the fair amount of life insurance her late husband had, was able to not only pay her bills but also take care of Kendra's college expenses.

"So all of that money will be gone by the end of the school year, but to me, it's an investment."

"I couldn't possibly agree more," Luke told her.

"I just didn't want you think you were...dating...a sugar momma or something," Ashton said with a laugh.

"Well, you did kind of taste like sugar when I kissed you," Luke told her.

She gave him a 'puh-leeze!' kind of look then started laughing.

"What's so funny? Are you trying to imply you don't taste like sugar? Because I can test and retest my theory as many times as necessary," he told her, trying to sound very scientific.

That only made her laugh more and want him to kiss her again.

"Testing is the best way to verify a hypothesis," she 'admitted' as she leaned closer.

"Now you're talking," Luke said before he put his hand on her cheek then kissed her again.

"I...really like testing and science," Ashton told him as their lips parted.

"It's 9:30," Luke said. "As in 'pm'."

"I'm usually in bed by 8:30," she told him. "Pm."

"Night owl, huh?" Luke replied. "I'm rarely up past eight."

"Well, then we should go home and go to bed, huh?" she said playfully.

"Just not...together," Luke said as though there was a lot of uncertainty.

"No. Not after our second date," Ashton informed him.

"Oh, right. Yeah, that would be highly inappropriate," he said playing off of their earlier comments.

"Definitely. There's a...protocol...to this dating thing," she told him. "Or so I hear anyway."

"Yes. A protocol. Like not kissing until the second date."

"Or doing...you know...after that second date."

"Good point," Luke said as he leaned over and kissed her again.

"Luke?" she asked. "Would you like to maybe go run with me tomorrow morning?"

"Uh-huh," he said as he squeezed her tiny hand.

"And maybe swim together the day after?"

"Uh-huh. And yes, I'd like to ride with you, too," he let her know as she smiled happily.

"Then I guess I'm ready to go home. Alone."

Luke sighed audibly then agreed it was indeed time.

He walked her to her car then opened her door. He stood there staring until Ashton asked him what he was doing.

"Well, since we're going home...alone...I want to remember just how beautiful you are after you leave," he told her without smiling.

"If you don't stop, you could destroy the dating protocol for all time," she told him, also without smiling.

"Then you should go. Now," he told her.

"Not without one more kiss."

This time, she wrapped her arms around his neck as he pulled her close and kissed her passionately for several seconds as their tongues flicked and then danced and finally intertwined.

"Oh, my. If I don't leave...right now," she told him.

"It's okay. Go home. I'll see you bright and early tomorrow."

"Promise?" she asked, her body aching to be loved so badly it hurt.

"I promise."

"K. Goodnight, Luke."

"Goodnight...beautiful," he told as she slid in.

He shut the door and waited for her to drive off before heading to his car. This time she waved as she drove off, and as he waved back, Luke realized he'd never felt like this about anyone before. He also realized he never wanted to feel like that about another woman for the rest of his life.

When Luke showed up at Ashton's at 4:30 the following morning, she was up, wide awake, and ready to go—after they kissed each other 'good morning'.

"How'd you sleep?" he asked as they stretched out before the 10-mile run she had planned.

"Alone," she teased with a very happy smile.

"Hmmm. Me, too," Luke told her. "When I slept."

"Same here, but it was sooo worth it," she told him.

"Yeah. I agree," Luke said as they bent over together to stretch opposite leg hamstrings.

"Hi there," Ashton said when they ended up just inches apart.

"You even look beautiful upside down," he told her.

"At this time of day I'm lucky to even...look."

"I have no idea what that means, but I can assure you look just as amazing as you did last night."

"Now that is just plain silly, because you are so..."

They stood up together and Luke reached for her, pulling her close.

"You know what word I'm going to use to finish your sentence, right?"

"Yes," she told him with a happy smile.

"Good, because I wasn't sure you believed me."

"I didn't say I 'believed' you. I only said I knew which word you were going to use," Ashton told him before pushing away and taking off.

"Hey! Come back here!" Luke hollered.

"Uh-uh! You come catch me!" she yelled without looking back.

He caught up to her in short order, and matched her pace. Neither of them spoke during the entire run, but Luke was fairly impressed with her ability and told her so when it was over.

"Thank you, but you weren't even breathing hard."

That was true, but it was a harder run than he'd have gone on by himself at this point.

"You're good," he told her.

"Thank you, but trying isn't my life. Well, it has been, but it's just a kind of 'place holder'," she told him using the very words Kendra had shared with Jason.

"For?" Luke asked.

"Until something more important comes along?" she said with a smile that told him all he needed to know.

"Oh, okay," Luke replied.

"Thanks for training with me," she said as he walked her back to the house.

"Thanks for letting me."

They stopped at her door where Ashton asked, "Will I see you tonight?"

Luke put his hands on her hips, smiled, and said, "You can see me every night...if you'd like."

She smiled at him again then asked, "So, is...training together...a date?"

"Hmmm. Well, I suppose it could be," Luke told her.

"Oh, okay."

"Why do you ask?"

"Well, I was just thinking that, you know, if we've been on three dates then the protocol allows for...other things."

Her smile was both happy and cautious just in case he told her 'no'.

"Oh. Right. Other things. Like...?"

"Well, with Kendra at college, my house is completely empty, so there's, you know, plenty of room for say...a handsome triathlete who...let's say...finished maybe...tenth at Ironman this year."

"Oh. Wow. That's pretty specific. Are you sure that's part of the third-date protocol?"

"I checked it online before you got here, and I couldn't find a single place that said it wasn't."

"Oh. Well, that's about as authoritative as it gets," Luke said very seriously. "I mean, if it's online...it's true, right?"

"I've heard that," Ashton said in a happy tone of voice.

"Are you sure about this?" Luke asked, as he cupped her pretty face in his hands.

She was smiling as she nodded then bit her lip.

"Come on," she finally told him as she grabbed his hand and led him inside.

Ashton led him straight to the master bedroom then asked him to wait as she went into the bathroom and turned on the shower. A few seconds later she called out to him.

"The water is nice and warm now."

Luke stepped in and saw just her face peeking out through the open door.

"Was this in the protocol, too?" he asked as he pulled his tee-shirt off.

"Oh, absolutely. In fact, it was in the 'mandatory' section."

"In that case," he said as he pulled off his shorts revealing a member that was not only nicely thick but 'growing with interest' as he stepped into the shower.

The only reason they got out was a lack of hot water some 40 minutes later. They were clean from head to toe, while satisfied in every way two people falling in love could be.

"What time do you have to be at work?" she asked as she pulled on her blue smock.

"My job is flexible," he told her.

"Mine starts at 8 o'clock."

She turned toward him then said, "And it ends at five."

"Is that a hint?" he said as he looked around for something to wear.

"Here," she said, handing him a pair of her late husband's sweats.

"Are you really okay with this?" Luke asked as he held them with a kind of reverence.