Iscariot Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh, that is so awesome!" Julia Rodriguez said. Then she caught herself and said "Well, it's terrible for those poor people that died." Cindy patted Julia on the shoulder.

"What happened to those two security guys, sir?" asked Parker.

"They're in Federal custody." Muscone said. "I turned them over to the FBI, who took them out of our State for... 'safekeeping'. A Federal Judge went to the jail to conduct their hearing and deny them bail."

"Anyhoo," I went on, "once that was resolved, we went through the motions of investigating. Parker was at The Cabin, and we later took Janice up there, allegedly for her safety. Jerome and I then smuggled them out of the State... they were in the backseat of the Black Beauty while we were evading people tailing us... and they went on vacation while we did our thing."

I said "Once we were past the obstacle of the missing security men, Geiger was pretty free and clear, and he played his part very well. He had a device in the heel of his shoe that sent out texts as compressed 'blurps'; if they'd been monitoring him for radio transmissions, those would've been harder to catch. He let us know where he was, so we had some eyes on him most of the time, including that very nice dinner at The 57th Fighter Group Restaurant. We got unbelievable audio intel out of that."

"Then came the arms theft from the Hammondsville Railyards." I said. "I had an inkling of who was behind it, namely Barsbane, since Geiger had passed along some information about an imminent operation. We used it as an opportunity to see if we could catch any moles in the Government agencies. And we did... though not in a way I would recommend to anyone. Geiger will be getting a Purple Order out of that one."

"Did you get Granger?" asked Geiger.

"No." said Muscone. "He's in the wind."

"He must've realized something was up." Geiger said. "Though I'm not sure how."

"Why didn't he tip off Blassingame, then?" asked Chief Moynahan. "The Iron Crowbar walked right up onto that stage and plucked him off, just like he did Mitt Willis."

"You just love perp-walking those Power Elites, dontcha Don?" Cindy asked me. I smiled as I nodded. I noticed out of the corner of my eye that Our Sheriff was not nearly as amused. Concerned for my safety, he was. And rightly so...

"So where were you hiding, Teddy?" asked Joanne Warner.

Parker said "After the Commander and Lt. Davis got us to a car, we drove to La Plata, Missouri. There's a historic railroad station there with a 'Virtual Railfan' camera on it; you can watch the live feed of it on YouTube. We took the Amtrak Southwest Chief west to Flagstaff, Arizona, which also has a Virtual Railfan camera on it."

"We rented a car and went to the Grand Canyon and hiked around," said Janice Holloway, "then we drove to see the Hoover Dam and ended up in Las Vegas. And what happened in Vegas will stay in Vegas." She said 'meaningfully'. Laughter erupted at that.

"We drove up to Salt Lake City," said Parker, "toured the sights there, then took the Amtrak California Zephyr back east. We made our way back to Commander Troy's lakehouse, and stayed there until he called for us to come back."

"And Commander," said Janice, "that water in the pool under the waterfall is cold!"

"Yeah it is." I said agreeably.

"Commander!" said Joanne Warner loudly, "I want an undercover mission like that! Free vacation!"

"Don't you alllllll." drawled the Chief. "I'll be discussing that with Mr. Parker, but he did his duty very well, and helped get Mr. Geiger into Blassingame's criminal organi-zay-shunnnnn."

"Commander? You okay?" asked Teresa, seeing me in a reverie.

"Yeah... yeah." I said. "I just realized... I think I know why Granger disappeared, but didn't tell Blassingame...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Geiger and I went to the Federal Building, where Geiger would be spending some time being extensively deposed on his undercover mission. Though Blassingame and his minions would spend money like water on their legal defenses, it would come to naught, as Detective Geiger's testimony on the stand would be devastating to any hopes they had of avoiding conviction.

I was interviewed as part of the FBI/ATF OPR on the shooting of Potter by Karina White. I gave my truthful testimony that she had to shoot Potter as he was trying to kill my Police Officer and a high-value criminal. Special Agent White would be exonerated by the OPR; it was a 'good shoot'.

"EAD Lange has been talking to various people in Washington." Jack Muscone told me at lunch at the Cop Bar. "Based partially on your recommendation, they're going to give some of those BATFE Agents second chances, and a lot of the best ones will stay in that unit. And Karina White will be their Supervisory Agent. If all goes well, she could be a Special Agent In Charge before too long."

I nodded. "Good. She's pretty sharp-eyed. She was seeing things at the Railyards. And she had a bead on Potter before any of the rest of us knew what was going on when he began shooting."

"That's because the EAD told her that her mission was to watch Potter." said Muscone. "I don't know what Lange knew, but I think he had huge suspicions that Potter was a Swamp Frog. I guess that's why he tried to kill Geiger."

"It was Barsbane that Potter was trying to kill." I said. Trademark of the Black Badge: his usefulness was ended, so he was to be eliminated. Potter's usefulness was ended, so he was eliminated; 'homicide-by-ATF'. And killing the traitor in their eyes, Geiger, would've been a bonus."

I continued: "Anyhoo, I agree that Lange knew a lot more than he was letting on. And Karina White was a lot more than she was letting on, too. She slipped up and told me that she read the unredacted EMPTY QUIVER report. None of the other ATF Agents, including Potter, had a clue about all that, as far as I can tell. And that report, even before the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs had it redacted, was only available to a few people."

"So what do you make of that?" asked Muscone, with the merest hint of a twinkle in his beady black eyes.

"It means..." I said with a grin, "that Guardians of Justice are everywhere, and that I have Angels watching over me."

"Not much gets by you." said Muscone. "But now you know how we feel when you don't tell us everything. EAD Lange appears to be more than he's letting on, as well." I nodded in agreement, then Muscone said "So what about this Black Badge business? Is it something Blassingame revived? Inherited? Or is it bigger than him?"

"I don't know." I said. "The original Black Badge was for the guys on the lower end of the totem pole, to give them esprit de corps and make them feel like they were part of something bigger. The top guys, the Swamp Frogs, don't need those kind of things."

"I dunno." said Muscone. "I've seen a few Flag Officers in the military that are completely into the stars on their shoulders. And don't retire to the USAA village in San Antonio; it's like being in the military again."

"So I've heard." I said. "Valley Villages has a little bit of that, but for the most part the retirees say to leave the ranks at the door. Anyhoo, now that we know the Black Badge gang is still around, it's something we can look for, at least among the foot soldiers..."

Part 25 - Like Mighty Waters

City Hall, 7:00pm, Tuesday, July 9th. I was wearing a dark gray suit and red tie, with my TCPD badge on my belt and my gun holstered under my left armpit. I had light armor on under my shirt, and the 'girdle' around my waist, of course. And a white Tilley Hat, as opposed to the normal khaki one. And, of course, the red crowbar was in my left hand.

I was in the hallway that led to the Public's access doors to the Council Chamber. Teresa Croyle came up, wearing her Police Uniform with armor over it, looking every bit as formidable as someone nicknamed 'the Iron Wolf' should look. "Sir, she said, "Jocelyn Moran and two men in suits and ties are inside. I think they are DOJ attorneys. They've been watching you since they got here."

"Good!" I said with Rudistan-'ish' joviality. "They need to see what I'm going to do next."

And what I did next shocked the world. As the mostly black young people in red shirts began coming in, I would say "Hey, you spoke at the Charter meeting last week. Thanks for coming to that." and I'd offer to shake hands. Most did shake my hand, many were surprised I remembered them, and some asked if we'd have three precincts (I'd say I didn't know yet.). I could see Jocelyn Moran's face, and it was a mask of shock mixed with utter hatred at the civility of the discourse going on... which was being videoed by Cindy Ross's iPhone.

The scruffy-looking people in green PCGW shirts were all white. I did not offer to shake hands with them, and they studiously ignored me. As we were about to go in for the start of the meeting, Teresa said "It's funny... I never see any black people in green shirts, nor at 'Climate Change' rallies."

"Well," I said, "if they're not getting paid to wear green shirts, like they're being paid to wear red shirts, they're not going to wear the green shirts. But you're right: they're interested in their own issues and agendas, and the fraud that is 'Climate Change' is tool of professional politicians to impose redistribution of wealth."

We went inside and the doors closed as the Council Members came in and took their seats. Mayor Daniel Allgood, the People's Choice, sat down in the middle seat and banged his gavel to start the meeting.

All was quiet as the basic business was settled. Then the semi-annual budget and expenditure report was brought up, and entered into the record. Then the other semi-annual reports were entered into the record. We didn't need Jocelyn Moran here, we needed Smokey the Bear to stop forest fires; that stuff was dry as tinder.

After all that was concluded, the Mayor opened the meeting for Citizens to address the Council, admonishing everyone that there was a one-minute limit per person to speak verbally, and anything more would have to be submitted in writing.

To all our surprises, not one person in the red shirts got up to speak. No one spoke about three precincts. The first person to speak was a thin young man in a green shirt, with greasy curly hair, a thin beard and goatee, and a nasally voice that reminded me of the punk Gor-don or the punk reporter Tim Dawdle. (Author's note: 'Case of the Black Widow'.)

He spoke: "Climate Change is the most important and dangerous threat to our lives in human history. We are consuming the world's resources in far larger proportion than our percentage population in the world. Corporate business are polluting the earth and wiping out thousands of species of plants and animals in their unquenchable greed for money---"

It went on, and after exactly one minute, Daniel Allgood said "Time." The punk kept on talking. Allgood tapped his gavel and said " Your time is up. Yield the microphone, please." The guy kept on going, so Deputies went down to escort him out.

"I have the right to speak!" the Punk said as the Deputies got to him. "I demand to speak on behalf of the threat Climate Change brings to our children!---- awk! Get away from me!" He pushed a Deputy off. Oops.

I didn't move; I didn't need to. That streak of fire you saw was Teresa Croyle flying down the steps to the front. When she came up, the Punk said "I demand my right to speak on the dangers of Climate Change!" As other green-shirted thugs stood up and began yelling and screaming, the guy tried to push Teresa back. Oops.

*WHAM!*

With lightning speed, Teresa had grabbed his arm and twisted it behind his back as she planted his face into the carpet of the floor. A Deputy was right there to help her handcuff the thug, who was screaming about his shoulder being broken (it wasn't) and Police brutality (it wasn't). He was physically manhandled and half-dragged, half-carried out of the Chamber.

"Well," I said into the microphone at the podium, having come up as the arrest was made, "that's a ten year prison sentence for several felonies. I'd hate to see anyone else destroy their lives with a felony record, but I have plenty of room in my jails for anyone being stupid like he was." I was looking right at the small group of green-shirted nutjobs. None of them moved. The red-shirted people in the area looked like they didn't want to be anywhere near the bad-smelling green-shirted thugs. Order was restored.

"Mr. Mayor," said Reginald B.F. Lewis, "I move to go into Executive Session, to discuss the medal requests made by the Police Department."

"I second." said Malinda Adams.

"Discussion?" said the Mayor.

John Colby said "I oppose the motion, on the grounds that we have appealed a warrant issued by a Federal Court to allow outsiders to be at the private Executive Session meeting. I believe this is an encroachment upon our rights, and the intent of those wanting to force their way into our meeting is to falsely accuse our Mayor of racist actions when he's just doing his job, as he always has been doing. We should not go into Executive Session until our appeal of that warrant has been heard by the Federal Appeals Court."

"That is absolutely bogus!" exclaimed Reginald B.F. Lewis. "We believe that we need the DOJ monitoring the racist actions of this Mayor in suppressing our voices----"

*tap tap tap tap tap tap* went the Mayor's gavel. "Watch your language, Mr. Lewis, or I will have you removed from this Council meeting for cause. If there is no further debate, let's vote."

"WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF?" shouted a green-shirted young man, who seemed to resemble the first guy we'd arrested. They seemed to just blend in together and looked like each other after a while. Deputies moved swiftly to arrest him. He did not try to fight them, but was screaming at the Mayor the whole way out the door.

There was no further debate, and the vote was 5-5. "The Council being equally divided on this measure," said Daniel, "the Mayor votes 'nay', and the motion fails."

"Mr. Mayor," said Susan Weston, "I move that the Medal of Valor nomination by the Police Department be referred to a Board of Inquiry for examination."

"I second that motion." said Malinda Adams.

"Without objection?" asked the Mayor. There were immediately four objections.

"The incident has been sent to a Board of Inquiry already." said Edward R. Steele. "They've already made their findings, and it's just a waste of time. We're going to make our own decision regardless of what the Board does, so there's no reason to do this and drag out the process."

"Mr. Mayor," said John Colby, "I request a recorded vote."

"And you shall have one." said the Mayor.

"Mr. Mayor, point of order." said Kelly Carnes. "I demand Councilman McGhillie recuse himself from this vote, as his son is a TCPD Detective."

"Not gonna happen." said McGhillie dismissively.

"Mr. Mayor---" said Carnes, but Daniel cut her off.

"The Point of Order is not recognized." said Mayor Allgood. "This inquiry is not specifically about his son, and even if it was, it's a motion to send it to a Board of Inquiry, not a vote on the awarding of the Medal. Is there further debate?"

The votes were cast, and the result was 6-4 to refer the MOV request to the Board of Inquiry. J.P. Goldman had voted with the Democrats.

"I believe this is the only way to truly exonerate Commander Troy and Captain Croyle." said Goldman as his fellow Republicans looked 'strangely' at him. "And we have to give the TCPD and their Union every chance we can to fight Finneran's hate-based bias against the Police..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

As the Council Members and the audience filed out, I was on the floor in front of the podium with Teresa. I heard Jocelyn Moran saying to her two 'henchmen': "We didn't get him this time, but there's always next week." As I turned to front her, she saw me and said "We're going to get him, Commander Cracker, and there's nothing you can do about it." She was clearly trying to goad me.

"Oh really?" I said. "Better be sure. As Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. said, quoting The Book of Amos 5:24... "But let Justice roll down like waters, And Righteousness like an ever-flowing stream."

"Do you really think you can take on the Federal Government?" Moran hissed. "We're going to obliterate Daniel Allgood, just to show you that we can."

"One man can make a difference." said Teresa Croyle. "Dr. Martin Luther King... Ronald Reagan... and now the Iron Crowbar. He's taking your corrupt Swamp apart, bitch."

"God damn you, Crackers." uttered Jocelyn Moran. "Both of you can go to Hell." She turned away, and led her mini-'Regiment' out with her.

"Such a sweet, loving individual." Teresa said sneeringly.

"I get the feeling she doesn't love dogs, either." I said. "By the way, good job taking down that Climate Change nutjob."

"Just handling the lightwork for you." Teresa said.

As we were walking up the steps to leave the Chamber, Teresa said "I understand why they delayed the Executive Session. "But August 1st is going to be here pretty quick."

"If we have to wait until November 1st," I said, "so be it. And we have plenty of other awards to give out on August 1st."

Part 26 - Legal Beagles

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" yelled the redheaded MILF reporterette at 7:00am, Wednesday, July 10th, from on top of the roof of the building at the corner of Riverside and College, with City Hall in the background. "The Town & County Council Republicans are dodging their responsibilities as they run like cowards from the US DOJ!"

Bettina began: "Last night the Council voted against going into Executive Session in order to avoid a warrant that would force them to allow DOJ Civil Rights Division Observers into the room with them. The Observers want to know if Mayor Daniel Allgood is suppressing the voices of minority Council Member Reginald B.F. Lewis and other Council Members that represent minority interests! But the Council's Republicans voted down the motion to go into Executive Session, shirking their duty to get important work done!"

Bettina: "In State news, the shocking arrest of Edward Blassingame has stunned the State and the Nation! Mr. Blassingame, who became BigAgraFoods CEO after Mitt Willis was arrested and perp-walked by Commander Donald Troy to his death, denies the charges of racketeering and smuggling, but the FBI issued a statement saying that the evidence accumulated after an undercover operation is overwhelming."

Bettina: "And the Town & County Examiner has been sold! The venerable newspaper was sold to a consortium that promises to revive the paper with online access and feature articles..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Wowwww..." said Tanya Perlman at the morning coffee klatch in the Chief's Conference Room. "They didn't give Geiger one bit of credit for the undercover operation?"

"And thank goodness for small favors." I replied. "We would just as soon as Geiger's name not get out to the world. He still has to testify, and his life will be in danger until he does."

"That's a point." Tanya said agreeably.

"Poor Bettina's lost a lot of her fire, what with Amber under house arrest and Lester Holder still in the hospital." Teresa said.

"How's he doing?" asked Chief Moynahan.

"He's recovered consciousness." said Teresa. "But he doesn't remember a thing from the time he was TASERed until he woke up in the hospital. At least he says he doesn't..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

*KNOCK!* *KNOCK!* *KNOCK!* *KNOCK!*

Just as we were about to start the Angels Meeting, the knock on my door was followed by Detective Theo Washington poking his head in the door.

"Sir," he said, "I just got a heads-up from my brother Franklin. That bozo you arrested at the Council meeting last night? Solicitor Ted Mason is handling it."