All Comments on 'It is The Veteran'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 104 Comments (Page 2)
ca_daveca_daveabout 2 months ago

This was so powerfully moving. Thank you for reminding all of us what so few give so we are free.to all of you veterans thank you for your service.

rapperbsrapperbs28 days ago

Thank You for your service and this story. What a tribute you have given to those gave their lives for our freedom. Only someone who has served in a war zone would know some of the feelings you expressed in the story. They don’t talk much about what happened during their time in service. They live with it, many images in their minds they can never totally rid themselves of.

Thanks for Writing.

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

Damn, that one grabs you right where it hurts. Thanks, ronde, for an absolutely great story. I think about half of this story felt like it was about my life in the Marine Corps in’69 & ‘70.

I thought the observation about officers and non-coms acting differently in the States than they would in a combat situation was dead on. I saw it happen at Pendleton while there between tours of Vietnam. In ‘the bush’ they displayed a helluva lot more respect for us grunts. Maybe because we were all armed? 😇

Thanks again, ronde, I loved it. Five Stars

Dee

TheOldStudTheOldStud18 days ago

This is one of the finest stories I've ever read. Thank you so much...

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

SIMILAR Stories