It Just Feels Right Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Their moment was interrupted by the ringing of his phone. Mike cussed under his breath as he tore his mouth from hers. His eyes burned with desire as she stepped away, not wanting to let go. He framed her face with his hands as he kissed her quickly and stood. He instantly looked annoyed and his face transformed into something harder as he got up to fetch it. Shelly watched him walk barefoot into the living room and snap his Blackberry off the coffee table.

"This is Mike."

Even from the kitchen, Shelly could hear whoever was on the line.

"Miiiiiiiikey..."

There was very loud music in the background. In the quiet house, whomever it was on the phone seemed very loud...even from across the room. It was a girl. A chill ran down her spine and a spike of jealousy ran through her as she tried to listen more intently.

"I thought you were coming down tonight...this place is rockin'..."

He threw a glance her direction, and Shelly quickly turned away...trying not to let it look like she had heard anything. Mike stepped out of the living room...out of her earshot. She couldn't make out what he was saying, but heard the rumble of his voice. He didn't sound happy. She smiled to herself, happy that he was with her instead of some drunken floozy. Still, she couldn't help but feel odd. He said he didn't have a girlfriend...so why was some chick calling him at nearly 2 in the morning? And why the fuck was she calling him 'Mikey?'

All of the sudden she felt very possessive...and irritated. She felt herself tense up as she battled inwardly with her subconscious. On one hand she had no right to be upset. She just met him today and just because he doesn't have a steady girlfriend doesn't mean that he doesn't have girls that he sees. On the other...she couldn't deny her willingness to rip the hair out of any woman's skull who dare try to take him from her. Shelly shook her head as she shocked herself at that thought. She'd never been a particularly jealous person...but the thought of Mike touching another woman the way he had touched her was nearly enough to turn her stomach. It was also enough to make her want to beat a bitches ass.

She took a few deep breaths and tried to make her expression light when he came back in the kitchen. "Everything ok?" Her voice was too high...she was trying too hard. 'Dammit Shelly get it together!'

He tossed the phone on the counter. "Yeah." He sighed as he took his seat next to her. "I forgot I was supposed to meet some friends for drinks tonight."

She looked down at her plate. The plate he had fixed for her. "Sorry I kept you from them." Her tone was teasing as she watched for his reaction.

"Oh..." He popped a grape in his mouth as he turned to her with a wide grin on his face. "Trust me, this is the only place I want to be right now." He winked, and Shelly felt herself melt. Right there...she melted.

She smiled and turned her focus back to her food before she jumped him in the kitchen. She hadn't eaten much...hearing that woman talking to him like that...so familiarly... had all but destroyed her appetite. Lost in her thoughts, she yawned, and soon felt Mike's hand running up and down her back.

"Tired?"

She shrugged and nodded at him...leaning into his embrace. Her head rested against his chest once more as he stroked her hair. "Me too." His chest rumbled as he rested his head on top of hers. He held her like that for a couple seconds before kissing the top of her head. "Let's go to bed." He felt her smile against his chest as she sat back up and began clearing the dishes. He watched her move around his kitchen...finding her way easily enough. Mike wrapped up the uneaten fruit and put it back in the fridge as she finished up putting the dishes in the dishwasher. He clicked off the music as she smiled nervously at him.

He grinned and held his hand out to her. Turning off the lights, he plunged them into almost absolute darkness. Once again, she took it and let him lead her.