It’s a Brave New World Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We of the Unity," I muttered aloud. Becky had said that to Harold when she was threatening to 'Correct' him. The name of the monsters behind everything.

"They are the faction who launched the bioweapon and started the MHS," confirmed Harold. "Their sect is relatively small, but they are fanatical in their beliefs and their methods."

I had looked out the window as Harold was talking. There was nothing to see but dark countryside. I then asked, "Where are we going?"

"We're on the run," answered Harold. "It is no longer safe on campus. By now the Hunter you call Becky is interrogating anyone who had contact with us. Any detail, no matter how minor, will be tracked down and investigated."

An irritated throb of anger welled up in me. "You..." I began and cut myself off as my frustration over the ever-increasing chaos of my life was becoming too much to bear. Letting out an irritated breath I then spat out my words out at Professor Williams. "You've dragged us into this goddamn mess! And for what? Why in the hell does Unity want? What my dad stole from them? Well here's a fucking good idea - Give it back to them!"

An awkward, stilted silence followed. Finally, Harold cleared his throat. "Jason, I am sorry. If I somehow thought it would make a difference, I'd deliver the information myself," he said in a subdued tone. "But an outright war between Unity and the Consortium is now inevitable. I must admit I had become complacent and believed our standoff with the Unity faction would continue for the foreseeable future. I had not thought they would move against me directly. If I had realized it had grown so dangerous, I would have never brought you here. That 'Becky' Hunter was sent to the hospital looking for me. To capture or even kill me. Doing that violated any number of treaties between the Consortium and Unity. Now I must get you and your friends to someplace safe."

I fumed silently, none of this was my problem. Harold and his alternative world friends could go bash heads in some other universe. Leave me, my family, and my friends out of it. Harold was what Becky and Unity wanted. A very cruel idea came out of my dark, angry mood. Would it be too hard to find a way to hand him over? Maybe that would appease them. But then a little thought in the back of my head made itself known. About why Becky had been in the hospital looking for Harold in the first place.

"Oh goddamn it," I groaned.

"What is it?" asked Abby.

"It was me. When I went looking through Lawrence's room, I found a phone number with Harold's name next to it. I called and pretended to be Lawrence. The man who answered - he never gave his name - said he would send assistance to deal with Harold. I guess the help he sent was Becky."

"So," mused Harold, "that's how you knew Lawrence had betrayed me."

"At first I thought I was speaking to you, Harold. But it became quickly became apparent they had paid Lawrence to keep an eye on you. So, I just tried to play along for more details. I told them you were growing suspicious. That led to them sending in the Becky-bot, or whatever the hell she is."

"I suppose I shouldn't be surprised," said Harold wearily. "I had employed Lawrence to help me with some of my more...clandestine work. He was always looking for more money, the big score. The MHS must have found this out and turned him."

Still feeling guilty, I said, "But if I hadn't called, none of this would have happened."

"No, Jason. Do not blame yourself. You had no idea of what was going on or the inevitable outcome," argued Harold. His voice turned regretful. "This is my fault for not keeping you closer and better informed."

"No offense to either one of you two and your guilt trips," declared Cindy, "but I think the blame should rest on the bastards your started this whole mess - Unity." Pointedly she asked Harold, "You guys going to be able to beat their ass?"

Harold let out another tired sigh. "It's a bit complicated. True the Consortium is larger and has more resources, but it is also very political and at times at odds with itself. There are many factions involved. Some will move openly against Unity; others will wait and see how the war progresses. There will even be a few who will declare neutrality and try to stay out of the war."

"What type of weapons does the Consortium or Unity have?" I wondered aloud. "Unity has the Pale Plague weapon. But what else is there? Just how do you fight an interdimensional war?"

In the driver's seat, I could see Harold's shoulders sadly sag. "Some of it wouldn't be that different from what you know," he answered. "Guns and cannons, ships and tanks. But there could be battles in the higher dimensional planes. Quantum implosions. Impacting gravity waves. Dark energy flares. Horrific weapons. It's hard to describe such combat in terms you could understand. Just know such battles can be incredibly devastating where they occur."

"Will there be fighting here, on our world?" asked Abby in a tiny, frightened voice.

"I don't know," admitted Harold.

We all lapsed into an uneasy silence after that. It was not long before the black inkiness outside the car began to change. The empty countryside giving way to a few houses and an increasing number of street lights. The road ascended to the top of a small hill, at the peak, we overlooked a small town. Neat, orderly rows of homes and businesses lay slumbering in the still of the night.

Harold spoke up, "I do believe this as far as I can go. I need some rest and to contact my superiors."

Mandy pointed to a glowing sign down the road. It read - 'Residence Inn.' "Looks like they're open and got rooms available."

"Fine by me," said Cindy. Her head was resting comfortably on my shoulder. "I'm exhausted," she added sleepily.

I felt generally rested from my hours of unconsciousness. Given the beating I had received at Becky's hands, Harold's treatment must have been very helpful. So, I didn't feel like sleeping just now. However, my stomach continuing to growl in hunger. "They got any place to eat?" I asked.

"There's a diner right across from the hotel," replied Mandy. "They might still be open."

"Perfect," I answered and then my stomach did a happy little gurgle in response. It was enough to bring a bit of tired laughter from everyone. A moment of levity in our otherwise dark mood.

Harold came to a stop in the hotel's parking lot. He and Mandy got out, as did Cindy. Leaving just Abby and myself in the car. As much as I wanted to get some food, I did need to talk Abby. Turning to her, I noticed she was still in the hospital gown. She was also wearing Harold's jacket, which she had pulled tightly around herself.

"We ran from the hospital," explained Abby as she correctly guessed my questioning look. "I didn't have time to get my regular clothes."

"Are you warm enough?" Automatically I was putting my arm around her, drawing her close.

Abby snuggled into my embrace. "I'm warm enough with you," she murmured into my shirt.

"Look...we need to...talk," I said hesitantly. With all the chaos going on, I wasn't looking forward to adding even more to Abby's life.

While still nestled against my chest, Abby said in a whisper. "Is this about Cindy and me in the supply closet?" I could see a reddening of her neck and the part of her face not concealed by my shirt.

"Uhh...yeah."

"I-It's not Sapphic," stammered Abby growing even more embarrassed. "It's just...I was so...umm...horny. Even when I was sick to my stomach, I had this maddening ache between my legs. Cindy was trying to...help."

I felt an uncomfortable tightening in my pants. Images of Cindy sliding her fingers into Abby's slippery slit popped back into my head. "Not that, exactly," I managed to get out as I fought with my arousal.

Abby pulled her back and looked up at me. "Please don't be disgusted with me," she pleaded with sad green eyes.

I blinked once. Wow, she did not understand at all. "Abby, no," I said as I ran my hand down her back, trying to comfort her. "You with Cindy was likely one of the hottest things I've ever seen."

"Really?"

"Yeah, thermonuclear hot."

The air was heating up around us. Spicy and warm. Pressing her body against mine, Abby ran a hand up my leg, heading towards my groin. Her voice became low and sultry. "She helped me, but I still have this itch..." Abby's hand began to rub my growing erection through my pants. "...and I think only you can scratch it."

Things were fast getting out of hand. Summoning some willpower, I managed to blurt out, "I slept with Cindy!"

Abby's tender touch froze. She pulled away from me. "What?" Her green eyes were now sharp and incredulous.

I let out an uneven breath. That had not been the way I wanted to reveal my indiscretion to Abby. But as usual, trying to remain level headed with her pheromones and my surging libido was proving impossible. Slowly, awkwardly, I began to retell the events of my afternoon. Getting sick and collapsing in Abby's room. How, what had started as an attempt to explain to Cindy, had backfired and ended up with us tearing our clothes off. Of becoming bonded, with the same level of intensity as I shared with Abby.

Amazingly Abby took it pretty well. She was quiet for a while after I finished. She pulled her legs against her chest and hugged her knees. "Back in that supply closet, you were kissing me and then Cindy. I thought maybe it was because of me, I was the one affecting you. Driving you crazy with lust."

"It was the both of you," I said. "Getting a double dose of pheromones, I couldn't help myself."

Abby shook her head. "You say you started Cindy's cycle. That shouldn't be possible."

"Guess your theory about being some weird hybrid are correct."

An unhappy sigh came from Abby, and she looked out the car window. I followed her gaze and saw our three companions walking back. "Why didn't Cindy tell me?"

"I guess she was embarrassed and wasn't sure how to tell you. Not to mention this evening has been more than a little insane."

Abby did not reply. She remained deep in thought as Harold opened the door. Reluctantly I got out of the car. After a lengthy pause, Abby followed me. It was openly obvious Abby was unhappy, and I was the cause. Cindy's eyes did meet either of ours, and Mandy stood off to the side, looking more than a little uncomfortable. But Harold was either oblivious to all this uneasiness or was being very tactful.

"We have two rooms," he announced. "If you will follow me."

I wanted to go with Abby, keep talking and try to work something out. But I found now that I was standing, my hunger pains stepped it up a notch. A loud gurgle of a growl came from my stomach. Harold eyed me for a moment before saying, "After the metabolic surge you really should get something eat. I believe they hotel staff said the restaurant across the road is still open."

Looking to Abby I saw she had pulled Harold's jacket even closer around herself. In the cool night air, she looked cold and icy. She saw the expression on my face and said, "Go. Eat something. I need some time." She turned around a headed towards the hotel's entrance. Harold followed, and Cindy reluctantly went after the two.

Mandy came over to stand by me. "I'll go with you," she offered.

I rubbed my forehead. Getting a whiff of Abby's pheromones and then not acting on them had left me feeling a little edgy. "I'm not sure that's a good idea."

Mandy looked thoughtful. "Do you have any money? I mean something you could use on this Earth?"

She had me there. In this America, they still had Grover Cleveland on the twenty-dollar bill. Making the one in my wallet with Andrew Jackson worthless. "Fine," I muttered and spun around and headed to cross the street.

"Don't worry about Abby," said Mandy as she moved to catch up with me. "She'll understand."

I let out a bitter laugh. "Really? You think she'll be okay with Cindy and me?"

"Abby just needs time to process it." Mandy went quiet for a few moments as we crossed the empty street. "I mean we all do," she continued once we reached the other side. "We've had some huge revelations tonight. Enough to give anyone pause."

Opening the glass door to the diner rattled a bell tied above the threshold. As it let out a little jingle of sounds, I considered Mandy did have a point. From the personal to the profound, today events were changing my perspective on many levels. Being with Abby yesterday had been amazing. We literally couldn't get enough of each other. Something almost like magic. But I now found myself equally pulled to Cindy. I wanted them both. What was that old story about the dog with two bones who ended up with none? That tale felt all too relevant to me. Then, sitting above all that insanity, waited the sheer craziness of Harold, the Consortium, Becky, Unity, and God-knew-what-else.

The inside of the diner was small. Just eight booths with faded cushions and a wrap around countertop. Simple padded stools sat unused in front of the Formica surface. It was completely empty. "Hello?" I called.

A waitress appeared from the swinging double doors leading to what I assumed was the kitchen. At seeing Mandy and me, she gave us a tired smile. "Evening folks. What can I do for you?"

"I would love a steak," I said as images of slabs of bovine meat danced in my head.

Her smile turned apologetic. "Sorry, our fryers and oven are shut down for the night."

"It's fine," I said as I slid onto one of the stools. I saw a clock on the wall read quarter to midnight. We were lucky they were open at all. "I'll take three of whatever you've got."

"I've got apple pie and coffee and not much else," offered the waitress.

"Then it's apple pie."

The waitress gave me an appraising look. She was maybe around thirty. Frizzy short brown hair framed a plain, but pleasing face. She was maybe five-eight or nine in height. Her body had put on a little extra weight around her hips and tights, but she was certainly not unpleasant to look at. Her off-blue uniform dress was just thing enough to give off a hint of her bra and the swell of her breasts.

She caught me staring and shook her head lightly and gave me a little more energetic smile. "Looks like you had a rough night, hon."

"That obvious?"

She pointed at my face. "Got a bruise there on your jaw. Get in to a fight?"

"Yeah."

"You win?"

"Not really."

Another shake of her head. "Poor darling. I've got some meatloaf in the ice chest. I could warm it up for you."

"You would be my angel," I replied as the though even reheated restaurant meatloaf made my mouth water.

Surprisingly she blushed at my words and then without another word she turned on her heel and launched herself back through the double doors. The sounds of a kitchen being brought back to life soon reached my ears. I turned to find Mandy on the stool next time mine. An amused smile on her face.

"What?"

"It's fascinating watching you affect a woman. Making them do what you want."

I was taken aback. Was that what Mandy thought I did to Abby or Cindy? "That's not it all. I didn't force her to make me food. She's just being nice."

"Okay, that came out a little wrong," said Mandy as seemed to think it over. "It's not that you force us. You make us want you. Want to make you happy."

"I really don't think that's what happening here," I retorted, trying to clamp down on a vague feeling of worry I had over Mandy's description of my influence on women of this world.

She shrugged. "Maybe, maybe not. I think your own pheromones may work at different degrees with different women. Some will want you immediately. Others will find you pleasant and charming, and not be deeply affected."

"Oh," I said distractedly, "and where do you fall on this supposed spectrum?"

Mandy put her head close to mine, and her voice dropped to a low, husky whisper. "My cycle is reaching its peak, and I've been in a confined car with you for the last few hours. You might not have been sweating while you were unconscious, but you've been gradually and steadily driving me crazy."

I pulled away from her, stunned. I took a moment to take a good long look at the caramel skinned Indian woman. I had been so wrapped up thinking about Abby and Cindy, I had not noticed just how aroused Mandy had become. Her dark eyes were dilated and full of excited desire. At some point, she must have removed her bra because once again I could see her nipples tenting the fabric of her shirt.

Mandy was undeterred at my attempt at putting some distance between us. She hopped off her seat and leaned into me. "We can go to the restroom, lock the door, and you can take me." She nibbled on my ear, "I'm sooo wet right now..."

Her pheromones assaulted me. I had not picked up on them before. But until we had sat down in the restaurant we had not been so close. Combined with my earlier exposure to Abby my head started getting dizzy. Mandy's delicious scent was like my redhead's. Spicy and hot. But with just a hint of something exotic. Our lips brushed together, and my cock throbbed in my pants.

"It's not right," I said in a pained whisper. "Abby and Cindy..."

"...are going to have to learn how to share," finished Mandy.

A kiss came and then another. And then we were heading towards the sign labeled restrooms. Nearly at a run. I pulled the men's room door open and pulled her inside. The bathroom was pitch black. But before I could find the light switch, Mandy was all over me. Her hands pulled at my shirt and fumbled with my belt. Mine went for her shirt, pulling it up and going for those ridged nipples. I found them quickly enough and pulled ragged moans from Mandy as I pinched and rubbed the tight nubs of flesh.

In the dark, she pulled away from me and I could hear the rustle of her removing her clothes. I felt around, hunting for the bathroom's wall switch. When I finally found it, I flipped it on, and a burst of light came from the ceiling. Mandy stood before me. Wearing nothing at all.

The florescent lights from the bathroom illuminated her slim bare body. The nipples were stiff and erect in the center of the dark areola on her modest sized breasts. Her flat stomach was broken by a cute little divot for her belly button and then on to her cleanly shaved muff. And I could make out the outer lips of her labia were already very puffy and wet. Her light mocha colored skin flushed just a shade darker as I gazed at her in appreciative admiration.

Flashing me a shy grin, she softly asked, "You like?"

"Hell yes," I breathed.

There was an edge of tension in the air as I started pulling off my clothes. A public place. Easy to be found out. Given what happened in the showers yesterday, I began to wonder if this was a turn on for Mandy. I pulled her to me, my pasty white hide against her stunning darker toned skin. Our hands roamed over our bodies and our lips meet again

"You like this, doing it public places, don't you," I said in between our kisses.

"I-I do," she admitted in gasping whisper as one of my hands returned to caressing her breasts. "Always gets me so hot. B-But there was another reason...Oh!" She let out another gasp as my other hand slid over her well-toned ass and gave it a squeeze.

Mandy let out a "Mmm," and pulled me closer. My already stiff cock rubbed up against her slick and sweaty flesh.

"You were saying?" I asked as she began to grind against me. I was soon letting out my own moans.

Mandy managed to slow herself down enough to give me an answer. "I like to watch. Seeing you with Abby in the shower, it was one of the hottest things I've ever seen."

"What did you have in mind?"

"The mirror...above the...sink," she answered in a breathless gasp. It seemed I was fulfilling one Mandy's fantasies and this was driving her to even greater excitement. She was literally quivering in my arms.